SureShip (A G&G Outfitters Company) is a rapidly growing Inventory Management, Fulfillment and E-Commerce solutions provider. As a G&G Outfitters Company, we are part of a nationally recognized producer and distributor of branded merchandise and marketing services. The Company is privately held and is conveniently located in Lanham, MD (just off the DC beltway).
This is a challenging position, with great earning potential, and allows you to gain an incredible amount of experience while working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Our clients are some of the most recognized and respected companies, organizations and brands in industry. You'll interact with bright, highly motivated, energetic people who are results-oriented and driven by customer satisfaction and growth.
The Operations Manager is a critical leadership position responsible for defining and delivering logistics and customer service strategies to support e commerce, fulfillment and inventory management operations. The Operations Manager will coordinate with customer service and warehouse operations personnel in on-boarding new customers, and executing routine and non-routine customer service operations to meet internal and external customer expectations. Candidates must have an advanced understanding of fulfillment processes and work flow with strong analytical skills. They must flourish in a goal-oriented, deadline based environment, possess strong attention to detail, ability to anticipate /solve problems, and multi-task. The ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and experience with Direct to Consumer, E-Commerce, and warehouse management applications is preferred.
Additional Qualifications, Characteristics, and Responsibilities:
- Expert in logistics, supply chain, distribution and transportation, industry best practices.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the logistics and supply chain processes to improve service to our customer (e.g. delivery times, product availability) while balancing (or reducing) cost.
- Work with Account Executives and Program Managers to insure all service level requirements are met.
- Ensure seamless onboarding of new customer programs.
- Experience developing strategies and tactical plans to provide fulfillment solutions that support e-Commerce business strategies.
- Responsible for achieving mission objectives regarding management of resources such as backlog analysis, Work in Progress (WIP), overhead management, inventory management/research, inventory adjustments, and quality audits of all operational processes.
- Manage and enforce all procedures and measures necessary to maintain inventory accuracy and the integrity of the quality management system.
- Interface with other internal groups to understand and meet customer expectations, as well as to ensure compliance with all company rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to document and implement processes that support the operational goals and quality management system.
- Generate and implement an effective operations plan that meets the needs of clients, stakeholders and employees.
- Manages performance by monitoring service personnel effectiveness and efficiency in relation to customer service and operating plan goals.
- Maintains quality standards by ensuring effective supervision and inspecting job sites.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and staff as needed.
- Reviews project measurements and monitors projects through completion.
- Ensures quality standards of all service operation processes and functions required for execution of work and customer satisfaction.
- Interact with vendors to resolve performance issues, including root cause identification and solution implementation.
- Establish strong collaborative working relationships with internal constituents whose support is critical to ensure successful operational performance – including information technology, e commerce, program management, and customer service.
- Identify, define and deliver solutions, in partnership with cross-functional teams to enhance customer service.
- Ability to communicate concepts to internal and external audiences.
- Participates in performance appraisals to recommend raises, promotions, training, and disciplinary actions.
- Monitor, measure, and modify processes to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Continually seek out and drive the delivery of productivity and performance improvements.
- Remain current on state of the art technologies to support fulfillment and customer service operations.
- Dynamic and results-oriented, with positive attitude.
- Act as advocate for a culture that embraces innovation and speed to market.
- Plan and conduct meetings as needed.
- Create and submit reports as needed.
- Create and maintain a safe, secure, and sanitary work environment.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours and weekends, as required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements (Education and Work Experience):
- College degree required
- Fulfillment, Warehousing Ops, Distribution industry expert
o Five or more years working in a leadership position, warehouse/DC experiences a plus
- SQL and Data manipulation/analysis desired
- Project Management expert
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as standard operating procedures, service level agreements, and customer contracts.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and coverletter with salary expectations.
Indeed - 19 months ago