SureWest Employee Reviews

money hungry
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 30, 2017
bad company to work for I didn't want to review any of this they sold out. it was hard work for no pay. the managers are no very good. no training and some people came to work drunk
Pros
Cons
all
Don't do it
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 24, 2016
You might be unhappy with this company very fast. there are much better options out there. Just look. Company became detach from their core value, no longer the company once it was before.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2014
I really enjoyed work for Surewest. I Learned a lot of useful skills.
Pros
Good money and great work environment
Cons
Temp position
was a great internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 1, 2014
I performed daily diagnostic testing of cable boxes in question of meeting standards. I learned how to meet daily goals and be productive and organized. Management was informative and helpful. My co workers were friendly.
Great culture - Poor Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 25, 2013
Great company until it was bought out by consolidated communications. There was a lack of structure, limited training, and poor leadership.
Pros
Free Cable
Cons
Favortism
Company in transition after merger.
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC POLICY AND GOVERNMENT RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 20, 2013
The company is still detemining what it will be after a major merger.
Pros
location
Cons
location
Productive Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 15, 2013
My day would consist of answering incoming phone calls, topics range from processing payments, assisting with technical problems with television or phone services, signing up new customers and answering general questions. I would work the front office some days if they were short staffed. I would process payments and handle any equipment that needed to be services, exchanged or given new. I enjoyed my job because it was easy for me and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches and different contest that were done quarterly.
Cons
company changes, management changes and healthcare package changes.
Good culture and great co workers
Employee (Former Employee) –  RosevilleJuly 17, 2012
Management really is in disconnect with the work force. Although the management team does go to great lengths to keep everyone plugged in... It is a facade. They still choose to run the program to best suit the executives. Mid level management does not look out or stand up for their quality employees. If there is pressure from above for whatever reason they delegate the responsibility and the burden to their staff and subordinates instead of taking the hit themselves. They act on this by firing their staff and starting new and fresh. Room for advancement is literally impossible unless you exploit the manager above you for various ethical crimes, which in and of itself is a backstabbing move to advance oneself. upper management (director level) is hands off management -- completely disconnected with its managers and supervisors as to what their staff is doing... concerned w/ only results this upper tier of management rarely interacts with workers in regards to business / work agenda. It makes for a fun place to get started but you hit your ceiling for advancement very quickly and burn out fast.
Pros
good work environment and benefits
Cons
no where to advance and progress too...
SureWest has been aquired.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 28, 2012
Surewest was bought out by another company and we are currently undergoing downsizing.