Surf Style Employee Reviews

fun place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 23, 2017
busy everyday with customers! I learned how to manage a store.I love meeting people from all over that would come to visit. I didn't dislike anything.
Not a good company to work for if you are looking a good salary and job security.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALApril 28, 2017
If you are looking for a long term job with advancement, benefits, and security, this is not the job for you. The pay is only decent during spring-summer but you work 80 hour work weeks and constant doubles to make a decent paycheck. You won't have a social life in the summer and everyone MUST work 6 days a week. Most of the management is lazy and not organized. Employees come and go like a revolving door. A typical day for management consists of processing new merchandise. Typically, you work the cash register since employees don't show up regularly. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from different places.
Pros
Working with different people from different cultures
Cons
Pay is terrible, no room for advancement, job security, lack of benefits, oversheduling & no time off, managment is lazy. I don't recommend this company to anyone.
Co worker (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALApril 17, 2017
My experience working for this company has been so far the worst experience ever. The manager is horrible. They don't know how to talk or treat their employees, nor does the District Manager either, that's why they have a big turn over rate. This is not the company that cares about you or your families well being. They don't train you for real. They lie about your pay. This is not a healthy stable place to work. This is not a career for no one at all.
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
It's a job don't look to make any money you will struggle to pay bills
3rd Key Manager was supposed to be a store manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALApril 11, 2017
Don't look for advancement unless you have been there a while. They don't care about your home life at all. The pay is horrible. High turnover in staff because they treat them horrible.
Pros
Cons
Treat employees better and pay them for the work
Busy tourist attraction area, no advancement
Cashier/Crew (Former Employee) –  Treasure Island, FLApril 1, 2017
As a cashier clerk you are tasked to manage the cash register but you ALSO have to explain store policies to customers CLEARLY
(Surfstyle, like many tourist stores, has a NO RETURN POLICY especially for swim wear and beach accessories), fill out damage reports, organize hangers, fold clothes on the floor (when there is no line), and help the manager with restocking, stickering/labeling new merchandise, re-arrange displays (the mannequins change clothes more times than the average man, joking, but they do change a lot)

At the dressing room you are responsible for managing the rooms, refolding/hanging the clothes customers have tried on, and again helping managers with tagging and stickering new merchandise.

On the floor, you basically have ONE job: keep the store clean by constantly folding clothes unless the manager has another duty to dump on you.

All in all, it is an easy job for minimum pay. The environment depends on the people you work with and how well you get along with other people. You learn customer service through your interaction with customers, which can be pretty interesting since the most of the customers are tourists from all over the world. You learn to manage the cash register, eventually...
Pretty easy summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALMarch 31, 2017
I got this job for the summer, and most of the task were very basic. You meet a lot of tourist, and can hear the hangout playing music across the street.
Fun and easy work environment.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLMarch 6, 2017
Working at Surf Style was a fun experience. Surf Style was my very first job and I loved working with all of the staff. Everyone there was extremely friendly. I came to work everyday with a smile on my face, and left the same. Working retail I got tons of experience talking to people I didn't know and overcame most of my shyness.
work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 27, 2016
it was very nice working there you must help the costumers if they need help reaching for clothes on the wall, and other stuff like dresses sandales.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no health care and no getting paid on your day off
Easy job but inflexible with hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Treasure Island, FLJuly 5, 2016
The job was easy and I acquired customer service skills while working there. However, they are very inflexible with hours and are unwilling to give days off.
loved greeting my customers and help them find what they needed
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 23, 2015
I had to be able to security tag the clothes and shoes . Had to use the right tags for the right items . You had to know how to multi task and talk to the customers.
It was a easy place to work
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALJuly 30, 2015
While working at surf style i met a lot of new people. It was always busy which i enjoyed, i like fast pace. It was fun working there
Meet people all around the world and assist them with merchandise sold around the store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work consists of meeting new people each day from other countries and places from all around the world, then assisting them with shopping and finding merchandise sold in our store.
If you are jewish then your going places
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLJuly 20, 2015
The managers are amazing and will treat you like family (some) but the ceo and district manager give you really hard times and everytime they came in the store everyone had to have their nose up and become their official robot. They are a very religious company and if your jewish they give you more opportunity, the pay does not add up to the hard work you do. air condition is broken most the time and customers are very rude (tourist). Great place to work until district and ceo are in the building then its H*ll....
Its ok
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 18, 2015
Could be better. Company doesn't care much about employees. I worked in better companies before l missed it.

I learn just do your job and go home.

Many sales person works min wages

job is easy. Wish they could pay more.

I do enjoy working with nice people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALJanuary 27, 2015
I loved working here! Typically folding shirts and straightening up hangers is what you will do. Help customers find what they are looking for. This was a very busy retail store in the summer near the beach.

Management was great! Coworkers were my friends from school.

Loved working there!
good
cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2014
well the job at Surf Style is excellent,My manager it's an a really good person
Not a good place to work
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 29, 2014
Managers were unorganized and rude to customers/employees. They never scheduled according to availability and would mostly ignore requests for days off.
An environment with really nice people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work was to come in, clock in, than listen to the managers instructions, and then do your job. At this job, I learned how to properly fold clothes and also how to hang them. The manager at work were all really nice people and great to get along with. The co-workers there are mostly people from other countries that knew barely any English, so I don't know much about them. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is to multitask. On a busy day, it is likely that you are required to do many things at once, and it sometimes gets too overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of work was meeting new people that come in daily and engaging in a short but meaningful conversation.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Strict rules.
Enjoyed the crowds as the store was right along the beach
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALJuly 23, 2014
Long hours that I enjoyed at the cash register.
All the employees got along and helped each other and the managers when needed.
Very Productive
Flowrider Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLJune 7, 2014
I was very productive while working at Surf Style because I was teaching customers how to ride the flowrider. I worked with kids, adolescents, and adults.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surf Style. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2