Surf Style Employee Reviews

Meet people all around the world and assist them with merchandise sold around the store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clearwater Beach, FLJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work consists of meeting new people each day from other countries and places from all around the world, then assisting them with shopping and finding merchandise sold in our store.
If you are jewish then your going places
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Clearwater Beach, FLJuly 20, 2015
The managers are amazing and will treat you like family (some) but the ceo and district manager give you really hard times and everytime they came in the store everyone had to have their nose up and become their official robot. They are a very religious company and if your jewish they give you more opportunity, the pay does not add up to the hard work you do. air condition is broken most the time and customers are very rude (tourist). Great place to work until district and ceo are in the building then its H*ll....
Its ok
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLApril 18, 2015
Could be better. Company doesn't care much about employees. I worked in better companies before l missed it.

I learn just do your job and go home.

Many sales person works min wages

job is easy. Wish they could pay more.

I do enjoy working with nice people.
Cashier (Former Employee), Orange Beach, ALJanuary 27, 2015
I loved working here! Typically folding shirts and straightening up hangers is what you will do. Help customers find what they are looking for. This was a very busy retail store in the summer near the beach.

Management was great! Coworkers were my friends from school.

Loved working there!
good
cashier (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2014
well the job at Surf Style is excellent,My manager it's an a really good person
Not a good place to work
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 29, 2014
Managers were unorganized and rude to customers/employees. They never scheduled according to availability and would mostly ignore requests for days off.
An environment with really nice people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great environment.
Cons: strict rules.
A typical day at work was to come in, clock in, than listen to the managers instructions, and then do your job. At this job, I learned how to properly fold clothes and also how to hang them. The manager at work were all really nice people and great to get along with. The co-workers there are mostly people from other countries that knew barely any English, so I don't know much about them. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is to multitask. On a busy day, it is likely that you are required to do many things at once, and it sometimes gets too overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of work was meeting new people that come in daily and engaging in a short but meaningful conversation.
Enjoyed the crowds as the store was right along the beach
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee), Gulf Shores, ALJuly 23, 2014
Long hours that I enjoyed at the cash register.
All the employees got along and helped each other and the managers when needed.
Very Productive
Flowrider Instructor (Former Employee), Clearwater Beach, FLJune 7, 2014
I was very productive while working at Surf Style because I was teaching customers how to ride the flowrider. I worked with kids, adolescents, and adults.
Overall
Cashier (Former Employee), Gulf Shores, ALAugust 4, 2013
Pros: met a lot of people, on the beach, good money.
Cons: my manager
The work experience was fun because I was working on the beach so I met a lot of different varieties of people who walked into the store. I'm a big people person so I got along with my coworkers and the customers. Overall it was a fun environment.
Management doesn't care
sales associate (Former Employee), Treasure Island, FLNovember 16, 2012
Pros: dress code (shorts (not too short) shoes and surf style t-shirt)
Cons: long drive, management
I learned how far away John's Pass is away from Clearwater.

Management doesn't care.

No hard part of the job.

Most enjoyable part of the job was a couple funny employees that were great to talk to and dress code was great.

Typical day is watching fitting rooms and making sure no one tried to steal and keep racks organized.
office fun
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 11, 2012
i did all sorts of office work, filling, clerical, accounts payable receivable. the only reason i left was to go back to school n further my education.
Good Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee), Clearwater Beach, FLJune 14, 2012
Everyday the store was clean and shine everythint, my co-wokers was good and the best of this job is that all the time we was happy.
Would not recommend to others
Gulf Shores, AL (Former Employee), Store ManagerNovember 3, 2011
Pros: right across from the beach, got paid for overtime
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, 60 hour work weeks, no free time, no call ins, etc.
I would never work there again, given the opportunity.