Surf and Sand Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAOctober 6, 2017
Casual elegance at its finest. Not as stuck up as other similarly priced places in the area. Management is generally willing to work with you, but there is still a lot demanded of a server. This is a fast-paced environment that is stress inducing, so not for everyone.
Massage Therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAJuly 2, 2014
I worked as a massage therapist where on a daily basis, I engaged with a wide variety of customers. It was great interacting with clients. The spa was located in a 5 star resort with beautiful grounds, right on the beach in Laguna. Management and co-workers were great.
Nice Location. Beautiful Resort
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAApril 26, 2014
Gained a lot of experience. Great location. Excellent healthcare and 401K.
Pros
Free lunches.
Fun work place with beautiful views
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAApril 14, 2014
I would start the day with the typical guest check-ins and assisting guests to their room is needed. If necessary I would help with dining reservations and answering incoming phone call to the hotel if the lines were busy.

Management throughout the day was there and readily available if needed. My coworkers were friendly and reliable.

The hardest part of my job there was having to leave, this is because of the location it is at.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was able to work with and call my friends. They were super friendly and always helpful in stressful situations.
Pros
The location was amazing. The sunrise/sunset
Nice coastal location
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAAugust 29, 2013
Responding to service requests over two way radio.Changing out light bulbs.Restoring power to guest rooms via circuit breakers at electrical rooms.Clearing kitchen and guest room drains.Troubleshoot cable television system.I have learned better people skills.Sometimes the hardest part of the job may be to unclog a stubborn guest room sink drain.The most enjoyable would be attending an employee event.
Pros
Work with ocean view
Cons
plumming issues
Fun, Laid Back Way to Balance Life/Work
1555 Cocktail Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAAugust 2, 2012
The resort does not take training or cultivating their brand seriously. You attend an orientation and an excellence training, but the resources and support are not readily available to act on the training. All of the leadership team is nice and they know about their respective areas of management, but they do not really engage or motivate the associates to perform better or to make the guest experience memorable. There may be one or two managers who do this, but if the entire staff is against it and resistant to change and to go above and beyond, then it will never catch on. The hardest part of the job is the attitude of some associates who do not want to go above and beyond, they want to get in and get out. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility of the schedule and the gorgeous oceanfront setting.
Pros
free adequate employee cafeteria, oceanfront setting, flexible schedule, no micro-managing
Cons
resources not readily available, lack of motivation, no brand culture