Surge Staffing Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Warehouse Worker/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INSeptember 21, 2017
The staff at Surge are very helpful. They do their best to keep their employees at the top salary and try to accommodate shift preferences if available.
Work environment
Warehouse work-Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work and good company. Offers steady work hours. The office staff is friendly and very efficient. That is all I have to say about this staffing agency.
Pros
steady work
Busy environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 6, 2017
Building relationships with my clients to provide the best employee's for their needs. Surge doesn't have the same values as I do.No loyalty to their clients or employees.
Upper management needs an overhaul
On-Site Manager / Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, AL 36867September 5, 2017
If youre looking for a position where you will be constantly pressured to meet impossible goals, work over 60 hours a week, and still be on call during nights and weekends, this position is for you!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, goals, upper management, human resources, can never take pto, too many inexperienced chiefs;not enough indians, new policys everyday, communication is horrible. Much more
productive
packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2017
The hardest part is getting used to working the night shift. Management changed at the temp agency several times when I worked there. I learned to pack at a fast pace there.
not a real good expirece for me
PressTechnican (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, MSAugust 30, 2017
There is a lot of things that I did not like and really had no say so on how to improve the way things where handled the level of turn over is very bad
Great workplace as well as supervision
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg alAugust 24, 2017
Great work place, great atmosphere, great people, organized to the fullest, shows courtesy to all employs and has the ability to show appreciation to workers
They Hire To Slow!!!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALAugust 24, 2017
Surge really give alot of people the run arounds and the hire who they want to hire they don't give you any paid vacation and they have No or sucky insurance but when I was a temp with surge staffing I got paid more verses being hired on to a company but surge staffing give people the run arounds when you're trying to get a job through them in Selma Alabama .
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
No raises No paid Vacation.
Honest an fair workplace
Load dry ice (Former Employee) –  Star, MSAugust 24, 2017
Surge staffing is a great place to work.They make sure that you get a job that suits you.The people are nice an willing to help u in any way.The process is fast an easy
Pros
They are understanding to real life problems
Productive and great workplace
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, MS 38866August 15, 2017
Easy going and easy pace. A great deal of leadership and communication skills. Management was great never had any problems. Great work places to be in. Some of the jobs required heavy lifting would be the hardest part. The job enviroment.
Pros
Easy work flow
Cons
rate of pay
A company that demands results but no direction how to get there
Manager (Former Employee) –  TNAugust 7, 2017
This company is very unorganized and deceitful. They act as though they want you to be successful but truthfully they only want the company to profit. They don't appreciate the long hours or dedication put in by their employees and will turn their back on you once they have used you up. They demand loyalty but do not give it in return.
Poor communication practices
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
Excessive problems in workers not showing up at jobs or showing up and being sent home are all do to the lack of communication from office personnel.

Office is sporadically closed with voicemail turned on during regular business hours.

Messages for a callback are not returned.
Pros
Office is close to my home.
Cons
Less than 10 work hours a week.
fast pace
BILINGUAL STAFFING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALAugust 3, 2017
It was a great experience working with this company. My daily work at Surge Staffing was to answer phone calls and schedule an appointment. Above all, I liked to help employees with their roles.
Unreliable workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 2, 2017
They never answer their phones. A doctors note isn't excused. Even with pre existing issues. Sometimes don't pay workers on time. Other than that the work places are very diverse.
Pros
Work
Cons
Lack of communication
Its was good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, PAJuly 26, 2017
It was great meeting new people, at work and on the phone. It just hurtt when i went into labor an had to quit. It was quite an experience, especially when i was able to solve most technical issues.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lunch was like high school lunch
A good place to get a start.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALJuly 15, 2017
Surge is a temp. Service. I doint have much respect for these companies.
I just don't like working for places like Surge. and Expensive Insurance....
Pros
Surge provides Jobs.
Cons
I wouldn't need to go to places like Surge, if the companies would hire directly
Great Place to work for
PetSmart Associate (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 11, 2017
Surge is a great place to for for and with. the staff is very helpful in getting a job and are willing to work with people to find the perfect job for them.
Fun and Productive Enviornment
Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OhioJuly 11, 2017
This was a fun fast paced and productive environment. Co workers were always willing to help and we got paid weekly. Only thing I did not like was the fact that breaks were only 15 mins and you had to walk from the back of the warehouse to take it.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks
Upper management is greedy and middle management in North Alabama anyway is clueless. The just say go do it
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2017
My tip is to keep looking. The pay is horrible. They expect you to be on vall 24/7. There is no training. They expect you to go sell services you have no knowledge or training on. This was one of the worst decisions I've ever made.
Hard worker
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJune 20, 2017
The staff at surge is great and very polite. I have worked at a lot of great places through surge,but I am looking for a job where I can stay and invest my time. I need insurance and a job where I don't have to worry about getting laid off after 90 days.
Pros
great staff
Cons
cant find long term placement at a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surge Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8