Surge Staffing

Surge Staffing United States Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Material Handler/Inventory (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAApril 2, 2015
the assignment I was on was steady in hours, people were nice. no chance for advancement and train you for multiple positions as the same pay.
Terrible Company
receptionist (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: not helpful at all always giving you the run around no matter who you call.
This company is horrible I have had nothing but problem sense I started with them. They have messed up my pay check several times and messed up my insurance 3 time. I tried to get it straight with everyone at the location but I ended up have to call corporate. They where no help either and tried to say that they have been trying to call me but my phone in out of service which is a lie. They have done nothing but cause me trouble and make my life more difficult.
Loved my job
Licensed Fork-Lift Driver (Former Employee), Conyers, GaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed seeing my work performance and quality after all is done. Really loved surroundings and working with others.I learned as I well as taught with my experiences.
Horrible
Customer Service Rep for SPEED COMMERCE (Former Employee), garland. txFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meeting one supervisor at the job who is nice
Cons: short breaks, get fired fast, no fair treatment, no raises!
I was so glad when ever I got hired on to assist people for the military personal. First of all when I got hired on I was under the impression everyone was getting $15hr but once we actually started we found out that everyone is getting paid $10hr. Sucks right?. I still decided to stay. Let's start off by saying that the Call Center (Speed Commerce) is heck of messy. I never spoke to anyone I minded my business and STILL ended up making enemies, When I would report it to a manager they did nothing about it except think you're the problem. You have leads coming inside there high as heck. Whenever it was a bonus surge never really wanted to give it to us. We didn't get holiday pay and it was VERY VERY VERY much lack in communication for the managers. It was very unorganized. When I would call "SURGE" about me missing a day because my grandmother was sick they always told me to call the supervisor at the call center. So I went to work in told a supervisor that I have to take off to NY. So I call them asking about how much time I had to get back because my grandmother passed. These son of a guns at SURGE had no sympathy and just said well we ended your assignment when I already notified a manager about my leave... BAD customer service, bad employers. They just need to shut SURGE in Garland, TX down. Horrible..
Surge Staffing
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: 8-5 work week, running my own office
Cons: management, no bonuses, no growth within the company.
My typical day at work, was getting everything set up for applicants to come in and apply for work. I would get the online application set up, drug test and safety video set up. The applicants would come into the office I would pre-screen them then once completed I would have them complete the drug test and watch the safety video and set them up for orientation. Once everything was completed I would get copies of IDs and run background check, E-verify and complete their I9 and W4.
Great place to work.
Staffing Specialist and Branch Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Recruiting for several companies at once with several different employees.
I became more comfortable and confident in my skills as a forklift driver. Learned alot of new skills and honed others.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Cullman, ALDecember 31, 2014
Pros: half hour lunches, friendly environment, excellent management/worker relations
Cons: communication needed some work.
A typical day at work was generally easy going. The environment was very laid back but also very professional. Management members were understanding and compassionate toward employees. The hardest part of the job was generally getting into tight spaces with the lift. The most enjoyable part was actually learning how to get into tight spaces with the lift and honing my operating skills
productived an comfortable work environmet
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Garland, TXDecember 23, 2014
i enjoyed being able to provide customer service to military personnel.
no team work
Operator (Former Employee), LaGrange, GANovember 14, 2014
Alot of drama not type of team work involved. not very friendly managers
Productive place to work
Glass Department (Former Employee), Peachtree CityNovember 3, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: short breaks
A day at Surge Staffing/Ply Gem is a real simple day. It is a very easy and simple job. The difficult part is standing on your feet for long hours at a time.
ok job
Production Worker (Former Employee), South Holland, ILOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Its an okay job, Pay was not that much put for what they had you do it was okay.
onsite Manager
Staffing Specialist / Onsite Manager at CEW (Former Employee), Saltillo, MSOctober 6, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
worked from 730 am - 1030pm at night . I liked the company I was a onsite manager for .
Tempoary service
Machinist (Former Employee), Fort Payne, ALSeptember 21, 2014
Very good company to work for, informative and if it would have been permanent I would still have been working for them.
Temp Service
order puller / packaging/ forklift operator (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Another temp service that start off talking good . then there contracts end
mill building
Machine Operator (Former Employee), LaGrange, GASeptember 12, 2014
work in a mill plant, cold and hot at time, fast pace.
thirty minute lunch breaks
excellent company
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GASeptember 8, 2014
Loved this staffing service, very knowledgeable and always put their employees 1st.
great at finding work for their employees
Forklift Operator/ Belt loader/ Folder (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: quick at assigning work assignments
Cons: distance to travel
Great experience if I lived in Lagrange I would still be working though them. Friendly managers, and willing to help anyone that wants to work.
productive and nice enviroment
material handler (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAAugust 7, 2014
deliver parts to assembly line to keep line up and running and stocking u[ in warehouse
Very Unprofessional
N/A (Former Employee), Arlington, TxJuly 5, 2014
I had to deal with very rude people & after working for them I didn't receive my check for over 3 weeks. They are very unprofessional and don't have anything organized in there office. They are not honest with you, they'll hire you first then threaten not pay you if you didn't provide all the information they needed from the begging. They just want you to work hard but when it comes to getting you paid they'll leave you out in the dark and ignore you about ever getting your check. I'll never consider working for this company EVER again. I give them a THUMBS DOWN.
Productive and good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 9, 2014
Good company. They look for jobs and answer the phone when you need to talk to them. They deliver paychecks to your job.

About Surge Staffing

Surge Staffing is a progressive employment solutions company. We are partnered with the areas best companies and are looking for – Read more

Surge Staffing Salaries