Surge Staffing Employee Reviews

You think they care about you.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VANovember 5, 2016
Nice place, interesting job, but when you open early, by yourself in an area where there's noone around and face a dangerous situation, they won't care. You are on your own.
They demand that you are available 24/7 and visit work sites at 3 a.m. or so to check on your employees, ¬°because you are the best and want to show it! but you only receive your 40 hour/week salary.
They supply you with a cell phone and a laptop, but if you quit or get fired they might deduct from your last paycheck for damaged equipment when you return it. Beware.
It could be a great company to work at if they changed their mentality.
Pros
Great technical support and training.
Cons
Management doesn't care about you.
Uneducated Management
Workforce Manager (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 18, 2016
This company has a great chance for advancement as long as you are kissing up to the uneducated managers. I was expected to work round the clock and was paid very minimal salary for what I was doing. I spent a long time with this company and was terminated because an employee was hurt and they didn't want to pay his hospital bills. Poor management and even worst owner. This company treats its internal employees like Temps. Worst Staffing company in the business!!! Do not make the mistake of even applying for this headache.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Corporate is incompetent
Worst place to work for management is horrible.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 5, 2016
Surge staffing was the worst place I ever worked for. They treat they're own employees like temps. The turnover for the crest hill/Joliet office is horrible. Beware! They fire everyone eventually. Management is horrible they manipulate and backstab everyone. If you're committed and hard worker forget it this means nothing to the company.They will fire you for absolutely no reason. If you don't suck up to the district manager be ready to go! She's special. If you want to work in an environment that works around favoritism and backstabbing you'll do great there.
Do not work here!!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, ohioApril 19, 2016
This is a horrendous place to work! If I could give it a lower rating I would! I accepted a position through this company not knowing what I was in for. I worked 10 hour days without a break in sight. The manager of the establishment they sent me to threatened me on a daily basis. I was overworked, underpaid, and constantly being harrassed. When I brought this to the attention of the staffing agent on sight he told me not to be so sensitve. For obvious reasons I left my position. To this day I still have not received my final paycheck. I attempted to call the corporate center based in Columbus only to get no where. In fact they could not have been more unprofessional or rude. This place is not worth your time or energy. The staff is appalling and rude to all they come into contact with.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, long hours, harrassing and unhelpful staff.
no one is on the same page
BDM (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 28, 2016
Could be a good job, everyone does everyone's job. No support from management. Each Region operates differently, inconsistent. Management on a local level wears too many hats and has no time for training or assisting in building the sales team.
Pros
not micromanaged
Cons
no one cares or knows what anyone else is doing
Horrible company!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 6, 2016
I was a staffing specialist for 8 months, I left as soon as I could. This company will hire anyone who walks in the door. You're just a number to anyone in management, here today and gone tomorrow. The corporate office has no respect or regard for any of their employees..they will treat you horribly no matter what you do. Payroll is a mess even for internal employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone even if you are in desperate need of a job.
Not the best place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 3, 2016
I worked hard, moved thousands of pounds of glass on a nightly basis. I was never late to work, and only missed two days due to a kidney stone. The problem with this workplace is the racist attitude that is held by many supervisors and/or managers. The fact that a supervisor felt it was acceptable to shout "White Power" during the work shift was unbelievable to me. I was acknowledged for my hard work and ideas to use walkie talkies on the shop floor for easy contact. However, when the white power supervisor was promoted to my supervisor, things drastically changed. I could no longer work in that environment.
Pros
Good hours and overtime available
Cons
Racist work environment
Not worth the paperwork
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 11, 2016
Liars & could care less if your were treated fairly or not.. Job site was messy & dirty meaning the people... Gave management job to someone who was... hmmm!! Over myself with seven years of management experience.. Didnt recieve my shirt.. but she took it out of my pay... Do better Surge MONTGOMERY
Pros
I recieved my paycheck on time
Cons
Dead end job
Productive workplace
PACKER/PALLETIZER (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 1, 2016
Very productive workplace.Workplace is very cold.Pay is very low and no room for advancement.My manager is very understanding and very friendly.Co-workers are very rude and not helpful.
Decent jobs with people seem to get alone very well
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2016
I think I will grow there because everyday i learned something new. They management is good also. My co workers are pretty good far as good the job done.i dont have no dislike about the job. Wat i like most that they train u to the best of they ability.
Team work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 14, 2016
The detail shop is combined of 6 lanes.. each lane is responsible for completing 60 cars.. include
vaccum
wash
interior
buffing
Quality Inspection before its entered into the auction
There is 7 people to a line
its all about team work and helping each other.. our last score was a 90.. Were the strongest lane and we set the tone for others
the hardest part is dirty cars full of trash. we team work and get the job done
Pros
once you complete your cars we can go home.. i be home by 1:30 daily
Cons
Long walks from the parking lot to the detail shop
Like the job but don't trust the company
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 28, 2016
I am glad I have this job but I do not trust upper management. There is a lot of favortism and broken rules. Turned heads to other things that don't require discipline. I work here for the paycheck. That is it.
Worst company ever
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Joliet IlJuly 7, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management has favoritism because they sleeping with their District Managers!!!
Cons
No bonus, working over 12 hours daily
Office employee
Just another abused employee (Former Employee) –  kentuckyJune 3, 2016
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL with employees. VERY Disrespectful and basically called me a liar. I will NOT suggest anyone to use this agency!!! The OFFICE employee cares more about herself and does not care how she talks to you. The office is very unorganized and always wants to use the excuse they are extremely busy. Reported employee to Corporate Office with the recorded conversation from said employee.
Pros
Cons
horrible office people, very rude and don't care about employees!!
Great Temp Agency
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 20, 2016
This is the best temp agenecy ever. Offer geeat jobs and are considerate for ovious situations. I would work for this this agency anytime, i have work with a lot of great team members. Through this experience i have been taught to weld and inspect parts.
Pros
Great Jobs
Cons
Good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALNovember 12, 2016
Working with this company I picked up skills to use in future job. Working on a on call scale had its down side. If hired again I prefer full time
productive work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 9, 2016
I liked working at Hyundai. I learned a lot about different parts. I liked my managers. I got along well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when our contract ended. I enjoyed going to work everyday to learn more, and meet new people.
Pros
I was treated equally
Cons
The temp company lost the contract
Good Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 24, 2016
This is a great company very good at finding work but have a hard time taking reports and dealing with them I like the pay and the people in the office are very helpful when looking for a position
Temp agency
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALApril 20, 2016
I was not able to find work suited to my skills in my opinion. advancement in a permanent position was promised and should have been awarded as i earned it, but it has not happened.
Cons
health care was a joke
very steady and easy to learn.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 28, 2016
the work is easy to get used to, they were very nice and understanding, and got me a job straight away. the job itself was very production based and I loved working there.

2.8