Surgery Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work for this company!!!
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
This is the worst job experience I've ever had in my entire life. If I could have given zero stars, I would have. If upper level management exists, other than demanding the doctors to see a million patients and order a million urine drug screens so they can all get rich quickly, they clearly have no clue how to run a company. I mean, only the dumb survive in this company. Anyone with even a drop of intelligence is chased away with stupidity and white trash management. They talk down to you, there is always drama, the computers go out at least 1-2 times a month and there is never a back-up plan. The staff turns over faster than a Burger King. If you're a moron, this job is great for you. If not, seriously, don't bother. It's a waste of time and energy. Go somewhere you won't be just a number. There is nowhere to go with this company. i can't see how this company has even survived this long.
Great place to start for new Medical Coders
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2016
A great place for a medical just starting out. Fellow coders are friendly willing to help and mentor. Coders will acquire knowledge become familiar with payer specifications as well as DME implants.
Pros
Coding department is great, fellow coders always willing to help and teach
Cons
Nothing you wouldn't experience at any other work place
Don't bother. Keep looking.
Provider (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2016
Hands down the most poorly managed institution I have come in contact with. Understand that their singular goal is maximum revenue. While I can respect that revenue and profit are vital for a company's survival, I cannot respect their doing it at the cost of patient safety and satisfaction. There is zero respect or even concern for the patient or the employee. This company sells a bill of goods but does nothing to uphold the promises once you are theirs. The manager was an utter joke and had no place in any type of oversight of processes or management of a staff. The lies are rampant and no trust can be established. My warning is simply BEWARE!
Patient perspective
patient (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 2, 2016
I am unfortunately a patient of Surgery Partners. This company came into the Sarasota and Manatee county area and bought out existing practices. The new doctors are good, but the management seems to be an issue. The doctors state that they have no control of what happens in the building and with the staff. I can clearly tell since the staff does not appear to be happy. I have known some of these people for years and it is a shame that they are not treated better. There clearly is a problem as you can see it on their faces and demeanor. I have heard of similar circumstances from a friend that is a patient at a different location. Unfortunately, they own most practices in the area!
Pros
Cons
poor atmosphere
Terrible company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 25, 2016
They purchased several physician offices in Sarasota and the Management is terrible, she talks to employees with severe disrespect, micro manages the leaders and breaks down staff mentally, there is no support from HR at all and the upper management do nothing to look in to situations. NO overtime allowed but your supposed to be able to do ten different jobs. If your not one of her pets or snitches she treats you like garbage.
Cons
Terrible Management
Great company, growing fast
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2016
Overall a great company to work for, I have enjoyed my time with Surgery Partners. If you are looking to work for a company with serious growth potential, this is the place.
Pros
Friendly staff, growing, great location
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2016
Overworked and underpaid with no leader ship to speak of. A typical day is a real cattle call and that's how your expected to treat the patient. In and out as quickly as possible.
Pros
non
Cons
no break and staff that is rude to each other and patients
Productive place to work
Radiologic Technologist/Radiation Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 15, 2016
Productive place to work, good place to wear multiple hats and learn. Freedom to excel in multiple areas such as surgery and pain management.
i worked for Surgery Partners for 13 yrs. There had great staff, benifits and opportunity.
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
On a typical work day, I opened mail, scanned invoices, reconciled vendor statements, dealt with customers complaints, processed expense reports, and cut checks.

I learned about the different product use used in surgery, doc. link software, positive pay and how to deal with and doctors.

Them management team were knowledgeable, patient, always willing to teach and hard working.

My coworkers were like family.

The hardest part of the job was getting vendors to send in a W-9 form.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a chance to meet a lot of doctors who specialize in eye surgery.
Pros
The staff worked independently and we had flex hours.
Cons
The company moved its finance office to Nashville.
Nurses don't matter
Rn (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 13, 2015
I have been very disappointed with surgery partners. Bringing in more doctors and keeping them happy is always the game. After working for them for years, also helping out at 4 of their centers, they could care less for my loyality. I got so tired of crnas and doctors always getting the free lunch while the rest of us could barely get a break. When u did get a break, there was no place to sit for all the reps taking up our place to break in. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Worst place I ever worked at
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashua,NHJune 17, 2015
This company has taken the "care" out of patient care. They want staff to work harder quicker and leaner in order to get maximum profit
for minimum expenditures. It always seems like we are rushing to get patients ready so the docs dont have to wait and it is compromising patient care. They have cut amount of staff and want you to do 10 different jobs at once. The pay is horrible, there are no raises to speak of,in my 5 years of employment my salary went up 10 cents an hour. Communication is extremely poor as are the working conditions. We have to take our breaks sitting in a corner behind a curtain with patients right behind you. There is no room for advancement and continuing education is not high on their priority list.
Pros
the people I worked with were nice
Cons
Everything else
Overall a good place to work.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  333 W. WACKER DR., CHICAGO,IL 60606May 20, 2015
Comfortable place to work; stress level very low. A typical day at work consisted of processing invoices and checks, reviewing vendor statements, and replying to emails.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Dealing with vendors
unorganized
Opthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
This is the first time I can actually say that I hated a job. People with no experience will get paid more than those with experience. Will add as many as 4or more jobs to your current duties for the same pay. I never received 40hrs. This place is so unorganized and everyone is stressed out. This job will change your personality. Don't work here, run!
Pros
a job
Cons
barely get lunch, talk to you like youre not worthy, stressful environment
Very difficult
Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIApril 30, 2015
It is very difficult to work with certain people in management. It was like a revolving door in this office. We never had a manager for more than 3 months. Corporate employees were always coming into our office changing procedures. It was a very difficult place to work for; favoritism occurs constantly.
Pros
hours
Cons
Management, Corporate employees, favoritism
Bad manager
a/r (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Florida CBOApril 22, 2015
you don't want to work there is all I can say, bad management, no support, blaming game all day long. Domino effects starts from the top and trickles down to nothing getting done. Manager in turn blames everyone, while she's in her office all day long. Was Not impressed at all.
Pros
Cons
many
Poor manager, handling revenue cycle, pretty bad!
collector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2015
i witnessed intimidation from a (SINGLE manager) with her subordinates. The manager in charge, provides little to almost no training of the staff, not very pleasant to hear everyone's frustrations and I don't blame them. The employees aren't given a job description and the training is basically pretty bad considering most the folks working there don't have ASC background. To make matters worse, you have an employee who's not able to give you answers, training new hire, while manager sits in her office all day. The disposition isn't very pleasant and the collections team really doesn't respect or has the motivation since the person running the show is on a serious power trip. Almost comes across as a new manager who needs training as some of the information relayed by her is absolutely inaccurate cauing countless hours in the department of everyone trying to figure out balancing with no support from the department leader. Other than the single individual I'm referring to, everyone seems nice, and respectful, beautiful office space and comfortable setting. Office executives all very pleasant individuals.
Pros
Executives have Open door policy to share concerns
Cons
Not very good pay
This place is like train station
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange CityFebruary 14, 2015
This place is like train station. Nurses which are driving force most of their time use for stickering charts, filling regulatory paperworks, making copies and other non nursing administrative work.
Manager is CEO puppet who is basically slave driver yelling at you
if something goes wrong. They trying hard to squeeze every penny out of you by making you do several jobs at the same time and paying you for only one so nothing ever gets done. Patients care is jeopardized on daily basis. I would strongly not recommend to work here.
Pros
no pros
Cons
working like slave, no respect
Nothing like what they tell you it will be!!!!
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
This place is GREAT at selling you dreams. They tell you that you'll work 40 hours but never will get that. You'll be lucky if you even get close to it. Told me that I had an opportunity to grow by working there but I have been in the same position with the same little pay. They want you to work you butt off and do multiple jobs but are not willing to give you a raise. Talk to you like your an child and not an adult. The doctor's, resident doctor's, and students are all great to work with, but the management is not professional at all. If you tell them something the whole office will know you said it!!! Very high turn over rate for technician's most people stay a year or less.
Ophthalmic Technician
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaFebruary 1, 2015
This company has a high turn over rate. No one usually stays over a year unless in AR. Management is a joke, treat and speak to you as your unworthy. Pay is low and expects you to do three people job. Only guarantee 30 hrs, only had x40 hrs twice in a year and half. The doctors are awesome and student interns, I must say!! Unless you have no other choice, keep it moving!!
Pros
benefits and awesome doctors
Cons
stressful environment, pay, no room for advacement, unorganized, poor management
ambulatory care
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  FLJanuary 18, 2015
The staff is great. We are able to take exceptional care of patients. The doctors and managers are good to the staff and patients. It is a little far from where I live and I am unable to get to many hours there. Other than that I love working at this facility.
Pros
great staff
Cons
unable to get enough hours

2.5