Surgery Partners Employee Reviews

Only certain employees matter-BEWARE
MA (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 18, 2016
If you are a hard worker that truly cares about your job and the patients, DON'T work here. The management is terrible as are her "pets". Their motto should be "Work hard, but not too hard so we don't have to pay OT". Patient care, ha ha, there is none. It all boils down to the bottom $ and who kisses certain rear ends the best. I feel incredibly sorry for the pain patients as they are pretty much forced to have procedures and injections, even though they've been through it before with little to no relief. They do,however, go through with it for fear of losing their physician. Employee turnover is terrible and it all boils down to lack of communication and upper "management" (whatever that really means here). If you're not utterly desperate for a paycheck, keep looking. It's not worth the toll it takes on you.
Pros
Benefits pkg
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE!
Horrible place to work
Physician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2016
Surgery partners and pain relief centers administration does not care about physicians, staff, or patients. The adminitiation is unprofessional and changes nothing, no matter how serious the concern. It is by far the worst place I have ever been employed
Work enviornment will be a negative and hostile.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILSeptember 12, 2016
On a daily basis you will be harassed and bullied buy your supervisor. Your training will be to the minimal and you will not be allowed to to ask others for help. You will not be treated well by operations manager as she is hardly there and will not listen or even acknowledge you presence.
Dropped like a hat
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2017
They dropped me so quick That I didn't know what to do. I had a stroke and was back at work for a week. That is why it struck me funny. Back a work a week before they let me go.
wonderful place
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 17, 2016
A great place to work, the staff is so helpful and cares about ech other, a true definition of team work and team building,as a new tech i love it here and would not have chosen my first job to be any where else!
Great place to start for new Medical Coders
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2016
A great place for a medical just starting out. Fellow coders are friendly willing to help and mentor. Coders will acquire knowledge become familiar with payer specifications as well as DME implants.
Pros
Coding department is great, fellow coders always willing to help and teach
Cons
Nothing you wouldn't experience at any other work place
Do not work for this company!!!
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
This is the worst job experience I've ever had in my entire life. If I could have given zero stars, I would have. If upper level management exists, other than demanding the doctors to see a million patients and order a million urine drug screens so they can all get rich quickly, they clearly have no clue how to run a company. I mean, only the dumb survive in this company. Anyone with even a drop of intelligence is chased away with stupidity and white trash management. They talk down to you, there is always drama, the computers go out at least 1-2 times a month and there is never a back-up plan. The staff turns over faster than a Burger King. If you're a moron, this job is great for you. If not, seriously, don't bother. It's a waste of time and energy. Go somewhere you won't be just a number. There is nowhere to go with this company. i can't see how this company has even survived this long.
Solid healthcare company
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2016
Great company, lots of movement up but would require moving to Nashville. Would like to eventually manage somewhere in the bay area. Would do clinical until I make that decision.
Love what I do for a living but have no clue where this company is going in regards to Orthopedics
Orthopedic PA-C/Assistant/Cast Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2016
Typical work day for me is getting in early. I like to get things ready to start the day(draw up injections, exam rooms stocked and ready, take care of any messages. Management says a lot of things but nothing seems to get done. I enjoy my coworkers.Hardest thing about my job is trying to do the right thing for the patient and not getting any help from management. Most enjoyable thing about my job is orthopedics. I typically enjoy the patients.
Don't bother. Keep looking.
Provider (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2016
Hands down the most poorly managed institution I have come in contact with. Understand that their singular goal is maximum revenue. While I can respect that revenue and profit are vital for a company's survival, I cannot respect their doing it at the cost of patient safety and satisfaction. There is zero respect or even concern for the patient or the employee. This company sells a bill of goods but does nothing to uphold the promises once you are theirs. The manager was an utter joke and had no place in any type of oversight of processes or management of a staff. The lies are rampant and no trust can be established. My warning is simply BEWARE!
Patient perspective
patient (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 2, 2016
I am unfortunately a patient of Surgery Partners. This company came into the Sarasota and Manatee county area and bought out existing practices. The new doctors are good, but the management seems to be an issue. The doctors state that they have no control of what happens in the building and with the staff. I can clearly tell since the staff does not appear to be happy. I have known some of these people for years and it is a shame that they are not treated better. There clearly is a problem as you can see it on their faces and demeanor. I have heard of similar circumstances from a friend that is a patient at a different location. Unfortunately, they own most practices in the area!
Pros
Cons
poor atmosphere
Terrible company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 25, 2016
They purchased several physician offices in Sarasota and the Management is terrible, she talks to employees with severe disrespect, micro manages the leaders and breaks down staff mentally, there is no support from HR at all and the upper management do nothing to look in to situations. NO overtime allowed but your supposed to be able to do ten different jobs. If your not one of her pets or snitches she treats you like garbage.
Cons
Terrible Management
Great company, growing fast
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2016
Overall a great company to work for, I have enjoyed my time with Surgery Partners. If you are looking to work for a company with serious growth potential, this is the place.
Pros
Friendly staff, growing, great location
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2016
Overworked and underpaid with no leader ship to speak of. A typical day is a real cattle call and that's how your expected to treat the patient. In and out as quickly as possible.
Pros
non
Cons
no break and staff that is rude to each other and patients
i worked for Surgery Partners for 13 yrs. There had great staff, benifits and opportunity.
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
On a typical work day, I opened mail, scanned invoices, reconciled vendor statements, dealt with customers complaints, processed expense reports, and cut checks.

I learned about the different product use used in surgery, doc. link software, positive pay and how to deal with and doctors.

Them management team were knowledgeable, patient, always willing to teach and hard working.

My coworkers were like family.

The hardest part of the job was getting vendors to send in a W-9 form.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a chance to meet a lot of doctors who specialize in eye surgery.
Pros
The staff worked independently and we had flex hours.
Cons
The company moved its finance office to Nashville.
Productive place to work
Radiologic Technologist/Radiation Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 15, 2016
Productive place to work, good place to wear multiple hats and learn. Freedom to excel in multiple areas such as surgery and pain management.
Nurses don't matter
Rn (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 13, 2015
I have been very disappointed with surgery partners. Bringing in more doctors and keeping them happy is always the game. After working for them for years, also helping out at 4 of their centers, they could care less for my loyality. I got so tired of crnas and doctors always getting the free lunch while the rest of us could barely get a break. When u did get a break, there was no place to sit for all the reps taking up our place to break in. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Worst place I ever worked at
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashua,NHJune 17, 2015
This company has taken the "care" out of patient care. They want staff to work harder quicker and leaner in order to get maximum profit
for minimum expenditures. It always seems like we are rushing to get patients ready so the docs dont have to wait and it is compromising patient care. They have cut amount of staff and want you to do 10 different jobs at once. The pay is horrible, there are no raises to speak of,in my 5 years of employment my salary went up 10 cents an hour. Communication is extremely poor as are the working conditions. We have to take our breaks sitting in a corner behind a curtain with patients right behind you. There is no room for advancement and continuing education is not high on their priority list.
Pros
the people I worked with were nice
Cons
Everything else
unorganized
Opthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
This is the first time I can actually say that I hated a job. People with no experience will get paid more than those with experience. Will add as many as 4or more jobs to your current duties for the same pay. I never received 40hrs. This place is so unorganized and everyone is stressed out. This job will change your personality. Don't work here, run!
Pros
a job
Cons
barely get lunch, talk to you like youre not worthy, stressful environment
This place is like train station
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange CityFebruary 14, 2015
This place is like train station. Nurses which are driving force most of their time use for stickering charts, filling regulatory paperworks, making copies and other non nursing administrative work.
Manager is CEO puppet who is basically slave driver yelling at you
if something goes wrong. They trying hard to squeeze every penny out of you by making you do several jobs at the same time and paying you for only one so nothing ever gets done. Patients care is jeopardized on daily basis. I would strongly not recommend to work here.
Pros
NO PROS
Cons
working like slave, no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surgery Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5