Surgery Partners Employee Reviews

Nurses don't matter
Rn (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 13, 2015
I have been very disappointed with surgery partners. Bringing in more doctors and keeping them happy is always the game. After working for them for years, also helping out at 4 of their centers, they could care less for my loyality. I got so tired of crnas and doctors always getting the free lunch while the rest of us could barely get a break. When u did get a break, there was no place to sit for all the reps taking up our place to break in. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Worst place I ever worked at
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashua,NHJune 17, 2015
This company has taken the "care" out of patient care. They want staff to work harder quicker and leaner in order to get maximum profit
for minimum expenditures. It always seems like we are rushing to get patients ready so the docs dont have to wait and it is compromising patient care. They have cut amount of staff and want you to do 10 different jobs at once. The pay is horrible, there are no raises to speak of,in my 5 years of employment my salary went up 10 cents an hour. Communication is extremely poor as are the working conditions. We have to take our breaks sitting in a corner behind a curtain with patients right behind you. There is no room for advancement and continuing education is not high on their priority list.
Pros
the people I worked with were nice
Cons
Everything else
Overall a good place to work.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  333 W. WACKER DR., CHICAGO,IL 60606May 20, 2015
Comfortable place to work; stress level very low. A typical day at work consisted of processing invoices and checks, reviewing vendor statements, and replying to emails.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Dealing with vendors
unorganized
Opthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
This is the first time I can actually say that I hated a job. People with no experience will get paid more than those with experience. Will add as many as 4or more jobs to your current duties for the same pay. I never received 40hrs. This place is so unorganized and everyone is stressed out. This job will change your personality. Don't work here, run!
Pros
a job
Cons
barely get lunch, talk to you like youre not worthy, stressful environment
Very difficult
Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIApril 30, 2015
It is very difficult to work with certain people in management. It was like a revolving door in this office. We never had a manager for more than 3 months. Corporate employees were always coming into our office changing procedures. It was a very difficult place to work for; favoritism occurs constantly.
Pros
hours
Cons
Management, Corporate employees, favoritism
Bad manager
a/r (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Florida CBOApril 22, 2015
you don't want to work there is all I can say, bad management, no support, blaming game all day long. Domino effects starts from the top and trickles down to nothing getting done. Manager in turn blames everyone, while she's in her office all day long. Was Not impressed at all.
Pros
Cons
many
Poor manager, handling revenue cycle, pretty bad!
collector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2015
i witnessed intimidation from a (SINGLE manager) with her subordinates. The manager in charge, provides little to almost no training of the staff, not very pleasant to hear everyone's frustrations and I don't blame them. The employees aren't given a job description and the training is basically pretty bad considering most the folks working there don't have ASC background. To make matters worse, you have an employee who's not able to give you answers, training new hire, while manager sits in her office all day. The disposition isn't very pleasant and the collections team really doesn't respect or has the motivation since the person running the show is on a serious power trip. Almost comes across as a new manager who needs training as some of the information relayed by her is absolutely inaccurate cauing countless hours in the department of everyone trying to figure out balancing with no support from the department leader. Other than the single individual I'm referring to, everyone seems nice, and respectful, beautiful office space and comfortable setting. Office executives all very pleasant individuals.
Pros
Executives have Open door policy to share concerns
Cons
Not very good pay
This place is like train station
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange CityFebruary 14, 2015
This place is like train station. Nurses which are driving force most of their time use for stickering charts, filling regulatory paperworks, making copies and other non nursing administrative work.
Manager is CEO puppet who is basically slave driver yelling at you
if something goes wrong. They trying hard to squeeze every penny out of you by making you do several jobs at the same time and paying you for only one so nothing ever gets done. Patients care is jeopardized on daily basis. I would strongly not recommend to work here.
Pros
no pros
Cons
working like slave, no respect
Nothing like what they tell you it will be!!!!
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
This place is GREAT at selling you dreams. They tell you that you'll work 40 hours but never will get that. You'll be lucky if you even get close to it. Told me that I had an opportunity to grow by working there but I have been in the same position with the same little pay. They want you to work you butt off and do multiple jobs but are not willing to give you a raise. Talk to you like your an child and not an adult. The doctor's, resident doctor's, and students are all great to work with, but the management is not professional at all. If you tell them something the whole office will know you said it!!! Very high turn over rate for technician's most people stay a year or less.
Ophthalmic Technician
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaFebruary 1, 2015
This company has a high turn over rate. No one usually stays over a year unless in AR. Management is a joke, treat and speak to you as your unworthy. Pay is low and expects you to do three people job. Only guarantee 30 hrs, only had x40 hrs twice in a year and half. The doctors are awesome and student interns, I must say!! Unless you have no other choice, keep it moving!!
Pros
benefits and awesome doctors
Cons
stressful environment, pay, no room for advacement, unorganized, poor management
ambulatory care
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  FLJanuary 18, 2015
The staff is great. We are able to take exceptional care of patients. The doctors and managers are good to the staff and patients. It is a little far from where I live and I am unable to get to many hours there. Other than that I love working at this facility.
Pros
great staff
Cons
unable to get enough hours
Worse place ever !
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrandonJanuary 11, 2015
They make you do 10 jobs pay you for one,Poor management !!,Also they make you flex your time so you have no overtime But want the job done also
Cons
you dont have enough time to do the ten jobs they give you
productive & great atmosphere
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  illinoisJanuary 5, 2015
Awesome company to work for. top notch employees who care about what they do. The most enjoyable part is each day is different and you are constantly learning new techniques. The doctors are all very helpful & knowledgeable and are more than willing to help
Medical Coding specialist
Medical coder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2014
Worse management, unorganized, discriminating all is bad about this company no one wants to talk who ever is there long enough does any way....worse company .....
Awful company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TampaDecember 8, 2014
This company offers good benefits, a less than competitive pay, and a terrible work environment. I would not recommend.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
very poor management
Tampa main office
MANAGED CARE POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  TAMPA, FLOctober 6, 2014
I worked there, they truly would like to put you to do 5 jobs and only pay you for one. Left rather quickly after was hired. Poor management, hr dept is very unorganized. The insurance premiums are very high, cheaper to get one online with another company.
Pros
nothing other than having a job
Cons
bad co workers, hr dept and supervisors
Go here for experience and then get out
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 7, 2014
A toxic work culture with no room for advancement. Managers/supervisors are not trained properly and instead of research they 'guess' for a solution. No accountability for the Directors favorites.
Pros
pay
Cons
health benefits are awful and supervisors are incompetent.
Learned so much while at Surgery Partners
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2014
Coming into the job at Surgery Partners I had a very limited knowledge of ASC coding. Surgery Partners gave me the training and knowledge to the ends and outs of ASC coding. Surgery Partners also allowed me the opportunity to advance into the coding department team lead.
Worst place to work!!! (San Antonio, TX)
Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2014
This place is a joke. Managers have no respect for employees they treat you like a teenager and yell at you. Managers are very partial and it is very noticeable to all staff. Staff is afraid to even say anything or they'll cut your hours. Employees do not last more than 1 year due to poor management. Benefits are not good either.
Pros
n/a
Cons
terrible managers.
recommended
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2012
good compensation, work life balance, management is fair , high pressure sales but well rewarded for output.

2.5