Surgery Partners Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2017
I loved my time at Surgery Partners. It wasn't always moonshine and roses, but overall good. I felt appreciated and they offered many opportunities too learn.
Good Healthcare Company
Senior Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2017
Very relaxed place to work and good people to work with. It can get busy certain times of the month but overall not much over time expected. Surgery Partners is a growing company so I would assume there would be a chance for advancement.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Poor communication and leadership, unwelcoming by leadership
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLOctober 12, 2017
Was employed for 30 days, due to hurricane was off for 2.5 weeks. Returned to work for 5 days and was let go stating that they didn't need my position filled. I wish they would have taken that into consideration prior to me relocating. Assumed that my layoff was budgetary but turns out they posted my position again. I was never welcomed by leadership or invoked in clinical decision making, which was my job. I will never work with surgery partners, this was a horrible experience.
No morale
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2017
They need to work on building the confidence if the employees The management need to be equally held responsible as the enployee. Management take more time off than being at work. Stop talking to adults as children. No room for advancement. I would not recommend this place to anyone for employment.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
No real incentive and not enough pay for skills very high turn over rate
a typical day at work
revenue cycle specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2017
There was never a typical day at work, things change daily however you are constantly working, never bored nor do you ever run out of work. Majority of the managers are very relaxed and understanding and will work with you in your personal life as well as with work issue's.
West Chase Surgery Center
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Our crew is awesome! We work extremely well together. Our surgeons, overall, are a great group of doctors to work for. The facility RN managers are very responsive to any issues that may arise. I love working here.
Pros
free lunches (some days)
Cons
You will not have what you need to do your job. You will take the heat for it even though it's out of your hands.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
Terrible culture. Horrible management. Get it in writing or don't count on it at all. Promises are made to you but they eill not follow through. They really do not care about their staff. They do however expect you to be fully available all week for those few hrs.
Pros
Descent hr wage
Cons
No hrs. Full time will get 25-30. They give the rest to PRN.
AWFUL management
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 12, 2017
The management is DREADFUL. They seriously don't know what they are doing. Horrible micro-managers and they play favorites. If you aren't in with the manager, you're screwed. They send you to all different locations whenever they want to and don't allow any OT, but expect you to do multiple jobs. ZERO leadership.
Cons
Poor management with no communication
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 7, 2017
Negative atmosphere in all departments. Management likes to promote teamwork but are not team players themselves and are rarely onsite. The bottom line is money and not patient care. Turnover is high.
Pros
Good hours. No nights or weekends.
Cons
Poor management and little to no communication.
Productive workplace that's constantly expanding
Patient Account Specialist/ Full cycle billing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2017
Given the knowledge and skills to do the job, but left to work independently. The atmosphere is productivity driven and task oriented with moments to celebrate the wins with each benchmark exceeded.
Poor place to work .
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  VarousApril 20, 2017
Like working with cattle pushing patients in and out as quick as possible..no regard to staffing or patient care. Careless with medications being left unlocked. Dangerous as in possible losing license for no team work or pt care. Managers or puppets make up whatever is needed to not staff adequately..causing pt to fall or complained about waiting to be seen..staff starting Ivs without gloves.many things go un noticed due to clique...
Pros
Cons
Poor working enviroment
Worst Company I've every worked for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 19, 2017
Very bad management . They are rude and treat employees like they don't matter . They move you to 4 different locations in one week. At some locations there isn't a timeframe for lunch . The call center is in an old smelly building with lots of junk . They do not value their customers . They are only out for money . Front office people are rude to customers and they eat infront of patients .
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low pay, late pay check, bad management, lots of confusion and talking about other employees .moving you from one site to another mid workday
Terrible don't work here bad management and charge nurse
RN surgery center (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 9, 2017
Terrible place to work - toxic and bad management in greenwood village co surgery center. Poor communications immature people making decisions and lots of favoritism
Pros
Cons
Pay benefits work culture and management
Flexibility
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
The company seems great, however, they should have a better system that would be able to navigate easily, all in one. Attendance is way too stricked points are taken away for shameless reasons. Point system seems to be unfair. Their temp agencies does not give the accurate information, just to disappoint new employees.
Growing company with bad infrastructure
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Lack of oversight and governance for certain management positions. There are two corporate offices and the CEO splits his time between both of them leaving no oversight of operations while he is at the other location. No room for growth, no annual reviews or raises. Positions are left and never refilled and the current employees are expected to continuously absorb the workload without any additional pay or benefits.
Pros
CEO is very smart, large company, great business model
Cons
Poor management, no growth potential, poor execution of business model
Dropped like a hat
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2017
They dropped me so quick That I didn't know what to do. I had a stroke and was back at work for a week. That is why it struck me funny. Back a work a week before they let me go.
Only certain employees matter-BEWARE
MA (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 18, 2016
If you are a hard worker that truly cares about your job and the patients, DON'T work here. The management is terrible as are her "pets". Their motto should be "Work hard, but not too hard so we don't have to pay OT". Patient care, ha ha, there is none. It all boils down to the bottom $ and who kisses certain rear ends the best. I feel incredibly sorry for the pain patients as they are pretty much forced to have procedures and injections, even though they've been through it before with little to no relief. They do,however, go through with it for fear of losing their physician. Employee turnover is terrible and it all boils down to lack of communication and upper "management" (whatever that really means here). If you're not utterly desperate for a paycheck, keep looking. It's not worth the toll it takes on you.
Pros
Benefits pkg
Cons
Everything else!
Horrible place to work
Physician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2016
Surgery partners and pain relief centers administration does not care about physicians, staff, or patients. The adminitiation is unprofessional and changes nothing, no matter how serious the concern. It is by far the worst place I have ever been employed
wonderful place
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 17, 2016
A great place to work, the staff is so helpful and cares about ech other, a true definition of team work and team building,as a new tech i love it here and would not have chosen my first job to be any where else!
Work enviornment will be a negative and hostile.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILSeptember 12, 2016
On a daily basis you will be harassed and bullied buy your supervisor. Your training will be to the minimal and you will not be allowed to to ask others for help. You will not be treated well by operations manager as she is hardly there and will not listen or even acknowledge you presence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surgery Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4