Surgery Employee Reviews

Surgery Scheduler
Digestive Disease Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2017
Enjoy being a Scheduler now for over 14 years.Enjoy learning new techniques and computer skills and knowledge. Have experience also in management and training as well.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Holiday Seasons can be slow with sensus
Fine to work
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 27, 2017
Hours were appropriate and the pay was fair.
Able to schedule time off as necessary.
Working conditions were nice.
Benefits were exceptional.
Supervision was fair.
A job with many layers
Residency Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for more some departments more than others. My last department was Surgery where there was a culture of laziness and leadership did not want to be accountable for their actions. Although I had a tough time in the end, I did learn a great deal about the healthcare profession and the education behind the healthcare providers. The overall culture, this place has very low morale when it comes to it's employees.
Pros
Travel, Food, collaborative groups, professional development
Cons
Lack of support from leadership, low morale, 50 hours or more per week
I enjoy working with the public
RN (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, FlMay 30, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced with great necessity to think and react quickly. Customer care ( Patient care) is extremely important and rewarding. Seeking part time job to supplement income while avoiding " Burnout"
Pros
Working with and helping the public
Cons
Sometimes very long hours
it was great
Surgical Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 28, 2017
Aspen Dental was just an overall great place to work and I would recommend to anyone to take the opportunity of they could. I enjoyed working for a corporation. No matter how liked and favored if you made mistakes they had no choice but to follow the rules. It didn't work out for me at the time because the situation in life I was in, but that was no ones fault but my own.
Great OR experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAApril 26, 2017
Surgeries start at 7:30 promptly. Each surgeon has 2-3 major surgeries daily. Most days, surgeries were finished around 3pm. All staff received scheduled break and lunch.
great work environment
Lithotripsy Applications Technologist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2017
great work environment for the proactive employee with minimal supervision and a lot interactions with other healthcare professionals. you must be able to work independently and willing to travel more than 80% of the time
Pros
work independently
Cons
travel is required
Good Place to work
Admissions Representative/Data Entry/Registration (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 28, 2016
Very fast paced environment, I have become a master multi-tasker. The Center is a workplace where the learning is continuous.
Pros
Early Hours
Cons
Not much time for breaks depending on work flow.
Learned Alot
Billing/Coding/ Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oradell, NJOctober 28, 2016
Was just opened 3 years ago, have been with the surgery center through out everything. The surgery center has a lot of potential amazing people to work with, feels almost like family. Learned how to approach work situations in a positive manner and come up with a solution to them.
Surgical Tech
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 18, 2016
I learned how to work with surgical dept. I worked with doctors and nurses. My duties was to help doctors and nurses in surg. dept.
Externship for Ross Medical School
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Muncie IndianaOctober 7, 2016
This was just a position to complete schooling. I have 180 hours to complete. I was aloud to room the patients and obtain vitals. I was able to assist with some procedures done in the office.
Very fun
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Destin FlJune 20, 2016
I love the experience i get in the medical field from observing patient care. I also like billing/insurance claim handling.
Managerial Excellence
House Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Bayamon Regional HospitalJune 1, 2016
The best type of work .Adequate etiquette and respect and sentient for the resident .The best time of my years .Have missed a lot those teachers in my life .Good results in treatment and well being for the patient .Optimization in every aspect was a work tradition .
Pros
Every teaching experience
Cons
low salary to sustain a family
Great Volunteer Work
Volunteer Opportunities (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 9, 2016
At Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Clinic in Clackamas Oregon....Helped/Assisted in Checking In Client's for Day Surgery....
Pros
Volunteer Experience
Cons
Gained a phenomenal amount of experience and skill in a quality Health Care System
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2015
Enjoyed the fast paced days, the customer interaction. By, "customer" I include, patients, physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, and other associates.
Pros
No weekends; No holidays!
Cons
Charge of a busy telemetry/surgical unit
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 27, 2015
I was charge and also worked on the unit under other charge nurses. The team was wonderful and we always discussed the high-needs patients to expand our awareness of the patient's needs during the shift. The knowledge level of the nurses on this unit is impressive.
Loved the Job, but I feel management needed to re-evaluate their mission
Surgery Scheduling and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 28, 2015
The company is in a state of transition which has caused some issues. They are under staffed but are working on correcting this from what I understand. There is a lot of politics you have to deal with and people who do not always have your best interest at heart. I did enjoy working with the patients and the OR personal. I loved the work that I did, but the stress could be high due to internal politics and unclear goals and processes.
Very exciting place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2015
Very interesting and exciting place to work. Everyday is a new day to learn new things. This department is incredibly large with an enormous amount of resources.
I HAD surgery
this is not a company (Former Employee) –  Cape CoralMay 29, 2015
I had surgery. which I didn't work anyone. In recovery at that time. Was supposed to pick up were I left off, but someone dropped the ball.
Exciting place to work
Clinic Manager/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 3, 2015
5* rating. love working with the staff, doctors, and students. Excellent opportunity to advance. The challenge to achieve AAHA and AVMA.