Surgery Employee Reviews

Managerial Excellence
House Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Bayamon Regional HospitalJune 1, 2016
The best type of work .Adequate etiquette and respect and sentient for the resident .The best time of my years .Have missed a lot those teachers in my life .Good results in treatment and well being for the patient .Optimization in every aspect was a work tradition .
Pros
Every teaching experience
Cons
low salary to sustain a family
Learned Alot
Billing/Coding/ Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oradell, NJOctober 28, 2016
Was just opened 3 years ago, have been with the surgery center through out everything. The surgery center has a lot of potential amazing people to work with, feels almost like family. Learned how to approach work situations in a positive manner and come up with a solution to them.
Externship for Ross Medical School
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Muncie IndianaOctober 7, 2016
This was just a position to complete schooling. I have 180 hours to complete. I was aloud to room the patients and obtain vitals. I was able to assist with some procedures done in the office.
Surgical Tech
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 18, 2016
I learned how to work with surgical dept. I worked with doctors and nurses. My duties was to help doctors and nurses in surg. dept.
Very fun
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Destin FlJune 20, 2016
I love the experience i get in the medical field from observing patient care. I also like billing/insurance claim handling.
Established &Growing company with career growth and advancement
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2012
I am a team player and want to work for a company that have great benefits and the potential for career growth.
Cons
healthcare
Great Volunteer Work
Volunteer Opportunities (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 9, 2016
At Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Clinic in Clackamas Oregon....Helped/Assisted in Checking In Client's for Day Surgery....
Pros
Volunteer Experience
Cons
Loved the Job, but I feel management needed to re-evaluate their mission
Surgery Scheduling and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 28, 2015
The company is in a state of transition which has caused some issues. They are under staffed but are working on correcting this from what I understand. There is a lot of politics you have to deal with and people who do not always have your best interest at heart. I did enjoy working with the patients and the OR personal. I loved the work that I did, but the stress could be high due to internal politics and unclear goals and processes.
Okay
Executive Administrative Associate, Ethicon Endo (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2014
Good benefits, good hours, close to home, cares about community.
Gained a phenomenal amount of experience and skill in a quality Health Care System
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2015
Enjoyed the fast paced days, the customer interaction. By, "customer" I include, patients, physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, and other associates.
Pros
No weekends; No holidays!
Cons
Charge of a busy telemetry/surgical unit
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 27, 2015
I was charge and also worked on the unit under other charge nurses. The team was wonderful and we always discussed the high-needs patients to expand our awareness of the patient's needs during the shift. The knowledge level of the nurses on this unit is impressive.
Wonderful group of doctors, nurses, and staff
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2013
I have worked here for 7 years all together. There have been a few ups and downs but overall, I have loved it.
I typical day would include preparing our patient schedule and gathering all necessary items/papers. I will see patients prior to my doctor seeing them. I gather health history and perform focused assessments. Schedule any procedures or tests. Answer phones, address patient calls/concerns/questions. Index in our EMR.
I cannot begin to explain all I have learned. I have worked with and for 12 amazing physicians in general and breast surgery.
Our management currently is fantastic. He is open to all of us and more than willing to help in any situation any way possible.
I adore my co-workers. Many are some of my closest friends and confidants.
The most difficult part of the job is keeping on top of all duties we have. Keeping EMR index bins sorted.
I have enjoy nearly every aspect of this job over 7 years. Most of all I have loved my doctors and co-workers.
Pros
continued opportunities to learn new things, the relationships I've made, flexible management
Cons
no real 'advancement' opportunities
Laid back learning experience
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 1, 2012
My typical day involved lots of learning experiences. I started as a lab Tech and have progressed to a Clinical Research Coordinator in a year and a half. Management here was poor, as we do/did not have a people manager she tried to be a friend not a manager. Co-workers here are only out for themselves when we are supposed to be part of a team. The hardest part is initial start up of studies but once the studies are up and running following patients is the most enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
flexible schedule
Very exciting place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2015
Very interesting and exciting place to work. Everyday is a new day to learn new things. This department is incredibly large with an enormous amount of resources.
Circulating, scrub or recovery room
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Pana, ILJune 8, 2014
Management when the Operating Nurse Director was unavailable. Cross-trained in all areas, Small group of employees that worked well together. Seeing the human anatomy was the most interesting. It was difficult being on call for long periods of time.
Pros
Liked all areas
Cons
A trmendous amount of being on call
I HAD surgery
this is not a company (Former Employee) –  Cape CoralMay 29, 2015
I had surgery. which I didn't work anyone. In recovery at that time. Was supposed to pick up were I left off, but someone dropped the ball.
Was a fun place to work until Huron took over
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 23, 2014
Read email
Look at edits in work q's for six hours a day.
Visit Clinics 2-3 days a week.
Perform quarterly audits on the 22 physician I was assigned to.
Did yearly scored audits.
Peer review. Physician and staff education as needed.
Pros
Good working locations and great co-workers
Cons
Inept Mamagement
Exciting place to work
Clinic Manager/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 3, 2015
5* rating. love working with the staff, doctors, and students. Excellent opportunity to advance. The challenge to achieve AAHA and AVMA.
Productive and busy workplace
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 11, 2012
At this employer you will have little down time because their always seems to be something to do. Overall all sanford is a decent place to work at.
Pros
close personal relationships
Cons
healthcare, negative environment
Meeting new people
Surgical Specialties Residency Program Workshop (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2014
Very exciting time to meet people and learn about rules and regulations that take place is our program.
Pros
Meeting people and learning something new
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surgery. Our community is ready to answer.