Surgery

Surgery Employer Reviews

very rewarding work and very competent staff
RN (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 1, 2014
provided care to neonatal and pediatric patients in a critical care setting.
Was a fun place to work until Huron took over
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee), Springfield, ORAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good working locations and great co-workers
Cons: inept mamagement
Read email
Look at edits in work q's for six hours a day.
Visit Clinics 2-3 days a week.
Perform quarterly audits on the 22 physician I was assigned to.
Did yearly scored audits.
Peer review. Physician and staff education as needed.
Meeting new people
Surgical Specialties Residency Program Workshop (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: meeting people and learning something new
Very exciting time to meet people and learn about rules and regulations that take place is our program.
excellent
Resident training as a medical graduate (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJune 8, 2014
History and Physical
documentation
round
surgery assist
diagnosis and treatment assessment
Circulating, scrub or recovery room
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Pana, ILJune 8, 2014
Pros: liked all areas
Cons: a trmendous amount of being on call
Management when the Operating Nurse Director was unavailable. Cross-trained in all areas, Small group of employees that worked well together. Seeing the human anatomy was the most interesting. It was difficult being on call for long periods of time.
recovery
patient (Former Employee), Durant, OklahomaOctober 30, 2013
Had three different procedures done in two months. Spent days resting and recovering.
Wonderful group of doctors, nurses, and staff
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2013
Pros: continued opportunities to learn new things, the relationships i've made, flexible management
Cons: no real 'advancement' opportunities
I have worked here for 7 years all together. There have been a few ups and downs but overall, I have loved it.
I typical day would include preparing our patient schedule and gathering all necessary items/papers. I will see patients prior to my doctor seeing them. I gather health history and perform focused assessments. Schedule any procedures or tests. Answer phones, address patient calls/concerns/questions. Index in our EMR.
I cannot begin to explain all I have learned. I have worked with and for 12 amazing physicians in general and breast surgery.
Our management currently is fantastic. He is open to all of us and more than willing to help in any situation any way possible.
I adore my co-workers. Many are some of my closest friends and confidants.
The most difficult part of the job is keeping on top of all duties we have. Keeping EMR index bins sorted.
I have enjoy nearly every aspect of this job over 7 years. Most of all I have loved my doctors and co-workers.
Excellent place to work
Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2012
Pros: great place
I got my residency program foundation from working at this hospital. It was always a great learning enviroment.
Laid back learning experience
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 1, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
My typical day involved lots of learning experiences. I started as a lab Tech and have progressed to a Clinical Research Coordinator in a year and a half. Management here was poor, as we do/did not have a people manager she tried to be a friend not a manager. Co-workers here are only out for themselves when we are supposed to be part of a team. The hardest part is initial start up of studies but once the studies are up and running following patients is the most enjoyable and rewarding.
Productive and busy workplace
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 11, 2012
Pros: close personal relationships
Cons: healthcare, negative environment
At this employer you will have little down time because their always seems to be something to do. Overall all sanford is a decent place to work at.
Established &Growing company with career growth and advancement
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2012
Cons: healthcare
I am a team player and want to work for a company that have great benefits and the potential for career growth.
Exciting and challenging
Consultant surgeon (Current Employee), North Colombo Teaching HospitalDecember 31, 2014
I am an asset for any institutiuon as I am a fully trained surgeon and an endoscopist and I am a trained medical teacher with experinace in working in many countries.
leadership.communication skills.
receptionist (Current Employee), LPNovember 6, 2014
Pros: no free lunches (only 1hour lunch)
Cons: working 8 to 5 no overtime
professionals
stress management
no good salary
time management
Nature of Work
Staff Nurse - Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZAugust 8, 2014
Ahalia Hospital is a private Hospital in Abu Dhabi. It is a 60-bed capacity hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International. It is a multi-cultural hospital with different nationalities as their employees. My duties includes the following:
o Prepares patient for admission and surgical procedures;
o Follow up the post operative condition of the patient;
o Performs wound dressing, document wound condition, reports to the attending Surgeon and to Infection Control Nurse for post-operative infections;

Dr. Pablo O. Torre Memorial Hospital is a learning tertiary hospital with a 300+ bed capacity. It is considered to be the leading hospital in the province. The state of the art Emergency Department has 20 beds. My duties includes the following:
o I perform duties in the Emergency Room and Medical-Surgical Unit;
o Provides broad range of Medical and Trauma Emergencies
o Prepares and admit patients as per the facility's policy and procedures;

Brgy. Singcang-Airport in Bacolod City is one of the biggest Baranggay (community) in the city. The total population of the Baranggay is 35,000. My duties includes:
o Assessing the needs of individuals, families, groups or communities throughout the lifespan;
o Plan, implement, evaluate and document nursing care;
o Provide direct nursing care, manage, lead and supervise nursing teams and advocate for clients;
o Develop and deliver health promotion, disease prevention and education programs; facilitate the development of support groups and community solutions to local health problems;
o Deliver health preventive programs
Fun, relaxed with a high amount of responsibility.
Taylor's Chemist & Doctors (Former Employee), Tamworth, ENGJune 11, 2014
Fun, relaxed with a high amount of responsibility. Negative points was the slight repetitive nature of the job however positively was a large amount of responsibility including dispensing prescription drugs and high amount of cash handling. The hardest part of the job was simply the hours which were twelve hour shifts, however this was counter balanced by the overall enjoyment I received from dealing with customers.
Friendly enviroment
Office assistant (Former Employee), Great Barr, ENGApril 16, 2014
Pros: friendly envirmoment
Cons: very quiet
This jobs helped to improve organisation skills.
The typical day at work was to make sure that all the patients documents where in order but also to make sure if anything was needed to be photocopied.
If anything became tricky I could just ask my boss to explain or help out.
I enjoyed lunch breaks everyone was so friendly.
excellent
Consultant (Former Employee), Dhaka, BangladeshNovember 30, 2013
used to work as an inhouse hospital surgeon,in Bangladesh.
(Asst. Ward Medical Officer), Poona Hospital Pune (Former Employee), Pune, MHAugust 27, 2013
Productive n most enjoyable part of the job. learned a lot about surgery.
Dental Nurse
Dental Nurse (Former Employee), GermanyNovember 4, 2012
Pros: bonus salary
Cons: long hours
I was working as a dental nurse in Germany. It was very interested and I really enjoyed working there. Unfortunately I could not work there further because I had to move to UK in 2004.
productive, active, enjoyable workplace, and energetic
secritary, data capturer, adminstration work (Former Employee), gauteng PretoriaSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: free launches
Cons: long hours and over time
A productive company that will grow bigger every day because of my hard work, I'm a active person all the tym full of energy, an enjoyable and comfortable workplace can be an advantage due to performance.