Surgical Care Affiliates Employee Reviews

exellent place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 8, 2017
I loved working there I was there for 8 years. Very busy and fast paced. The doctors are amazing and staff as well. I also loved to teach new techs. We did a lot of eyes which is one of my specialties.
I loved to orient new employees and doctors.
Extremely poor management , starting with the administrator
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 18, 2017
I worked at SCA for many years, and finally due to dishonest, inexperienced management I finally left. Staffing management is poor leading to extremely long days or cutting your hours. Focus is on physician satisfaction. The administrator has been in place for a long time. She lacks any experience outside of SCA, therefore does not know how manage the staff. She has proven track record of dishonesty and places managers under her that are also inexperienced . There is no Human Resources on site, problems are directed to a home office location in Alabama, which allow the administrator to get away with many things. Focus is on the numbers, not the quality of patient care. If you can admit, turn over a room, and recover a patient in record time, despite how the patient feels, then this is where you should work. This is not the place to work if you want to practice safe and quality nursing.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Dishonest administrator
Fast paced
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 13, 2017
Very busy outpatient surgery setting. Convenient for the patients. Focus is on retention of surgeons and not so much the outpatient surgery experience.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Surgeries are rushed.
rate them a zero
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2017
favorites have to be in the group..back stabbers, poor management, they don't believe employees only management when they are the WORST. cheat you on your time if you get overtime they have been known to take it off and not pay you for it.
Horrible place to work. Management for OR has no clue !
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2017
I would not recommend any OR RN work for this company unless you enjoy high stress, poor management . The DON had no idea what she was doing. Played favorites among staff. Communicates schedule and important info through texts and email. Surgeons not held accountable for their horrible behavior. Poor work environment.
I enjoy my job
Biller (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2017
I enjoy my work. My team is great. My managers, so far have been very supportive & continue to share knowledge. The pay & benefits are good. I like what I do.
Pros
Bonus program, casual Friday
Great Company with outstanding values
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
Surgical Care Affiliates management team really does their best to help each one of their facilities thrive, and that includes the individuals running their centers. When you are working for this company you truly know that you are on the right side of healthcare and are helping to lower the rising costs of healthcare in America.
Pros
Management, Growth, Teamwork
Medical Insurance specialist
Medical Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2017
Horrible management! The Natomas office has major unrealistic goals. Management has a group of employees that report back to them regarding what other teammates are doing. The turnover is endless. We got a few employees from our downtown Sacramento office (that closed) & some have already quit. Management is not what you would expect. She smiles directly in your face & ask about your family, but talks about you behind your back. Employees have gone to lunch & not returned. I wouldn't even suggest internship here. It's so much work for the few employees we have. If you are weak minded & do not hold your ground you won't survive!
Pros
Back stabbing at it's best! Management micromanaging is ridiculous!
Cons
Monthly Birthday luncheons
Collections Representative: Bad Management
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2017
Poor Management; changes workload constantly
Lead is unprofessional, she gets easily annoyed, does not like to train and belittles you.
Unrealistic goals
Pros
Once a month free lucheons
Cons
Bad Management
I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy
Cash Applications Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 29, 2017
I came to this company and was not trained properly at all. Management was changed 3 times in my short stay there. When I would try to learn the proper way to do things, they (management and coworkers) would be too busy to show me anything. I never learned how to do my job properly and was laid off eventually. Worst work experience ever.
Great place to work out of college
Fixed Assets (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2017
First job out of college, was a great place to get my feet on the ground and gain real world experience. Team members were incredibly helpful - management taking the company in the right direction.
Pros
Team events
Cons
Salary lower than what you could probably make elsewhere
Awful place to work
AR Resource Rep (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2017
Awful place to work, management was awful. When the company announced that it was closing, the team lead hand picked certain people to be interviewed and hired at another company associated with SCA.
Instrument Processing Technician
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Ophthalmology Surgery Center of DallasApril 6, 2017
Poor management, , extremely favoritism, administrator just was terminated, poor surgical techniques, outdated surgical equipment, and micromanaging nurses.
Pros
No weekends or holidays to work.
Cons
Poor management and they just terminated the administrator.
Insurance Verifier/Front End Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 26, 2017
I enjoy my daily duties and the people I work with. Upper management is full of great ideas to keep the teammates engaged. The flexible work environment and fun atmosphere make it a great place to work
Could be a good place to work....
RN preop/pacu (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 23, 2017
This place could be good to work at but is a revolving door of employees. The management is a huge part of the problem. They foster and instigate clicks and almost always chase out the workers who are just looking to do what is best for their patients and not always whats best for the bottom line. I felt like it was encouraged to stab your coworker in the back and I don't think that is how nurses should act towards anyone! The management had such control issues and micromanaged everything. The pay and benefits were good at least.....
Pros
pay
Cons
management
fun office to work in
Collections Specialist/billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2017
I learned ASC billing guidelines for A/R follow-up and was then moved to billing and charge entry for two Omaha facilities. Took patient calls and called insurance companies.
Employees are not valued
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2017
Employees are frequently told they are replaceable. No support from management. Managers often leave early when cases are still running and OR personnel have to figure out who does what and who stays late. Complete chaos in the afternoon trying to finish cases and pull cases for next day. Short or no breaks and lunch because the schedule is so packed tight there isn't time for it. Regularly out of basic supplies needed to do the job-like syringes, dressings, fluids, etc. Good pay but not worth having to work a 12 or more hour day and come back day after day just to do it all again. No opportunity for advancement and no appreciation for the work done.Extremely HIGH turnover rate!
Pros
Pay
Cons
No support from management, feel like a minion!
Outstanding place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2017
I work as an Administrative Assistant for the Administrator of an Outpatient Surgical Center. We work very closely together on various projects concerning the center, including, but not limited to;
Preparing for, and conducting Board Meetings, Travel coordination, event planning and execution, employee retention and engagement, ordering supplies, calendaring, document creation, Physician credentialing,invoicing, and any day to day workplace needs.
I have learned a great deal of knowledge particularly in the Physician Credentialing aspect of the job. I consider myself an expert.
We have an inviting, fun and efficient culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be a part of such a wonderfully successful organization, working with a team that is both engaged and skilled.
Poor CBO management
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day starts with logging into your system/programs
I never knew how unorganized this CBO is
Management is extremely poor no accountability, dishonest and shows nepotism.
It has it good moments where everyone gets along
The hardest part of this job is that nothing is concrete, the communication is lousy
The bonus's you have to bust your behind to get,
Pros
Free food
Cons
Healthcare, hourly wage
fun workplace
O.R. Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2017
45 minute commute twice a day in heavy traffic but great hours. I loved the people i worked with but i didn't see any room for advancement.
Pros
new and exciting task everday
Cons
traffic. Stuck at the same level forever