Surgical Care Affiliates Employee Reviews

dont mess up SCA
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAOctober 26, 2016
don't ever mess up .......or you'll get told right then and there. do your job and you'll be fine. management needs a little work. they're perfectionists if your not perfect and follow standards you will get fired. period. hardest part is handling everyone's requests which you are bombarded with constantly throughout your day. maybe is because i work in a small surgery center but that's my experience. you need to know your stuff or else you'll get it
Pros
sometimes bring lunch if have big cases.
Cons
short breaks
Laid off
Medical Biller/ Collection Specialist /Senior Lead (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 18, 2016
Laid off due to the fact the manager didn't care for me. Did an excellent job and came to work everyday no the manager is gone for sleeping with the director
Prior authorization/ insurance verification
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2016
Very unprofessional work environment, management are clicked up, there is a lot of favoritism. You will be thrown into different positions without notice, with very little training. Job security is not guaranteed. There is a 2 hour quiet time that was invented by managment, you can't get out of your seat or speak for 2 hours. I would not refer this place to anyone.
Pros
Team pitch ins
Cons
High turn over rate, managment sucks
Worst experience in my life
SPT (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2016
What a joke. Favoritism is extremely high. Will blame the new person for everything because that's easy to do. Any exact action by another tech or employee gets overlooked. Knit picked at everything. I mean every single thing. This was the worst job and overall experience in my life. I've seen it all here. Never again going back to SCA.
Pros
Cons
Discrimination
Amazing company, true to values
teammate (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 12, 2016
Servant leadership, innovative, fast-paced, dedicated to making a change in the healthcare industry, career pathing, opportunity for advancement, individualized training, nationwide resources, flexibility, values based, goal driven.

Since SCA in Carmel did a complete management restructure in December 2015, there has been a significant culture shift. Leadership in this office truly cares about their teammates and helping drive success as a team and as individuals. SCA is dedicated to developing leaders from within the organization, and anyone who has the necessary skills set, is dedicated to living out the company values, and has plenty of determination, should be ready for a bright future.
Pros
Teammate Engagement, Culture, Career Opportunities
Cons
Stressful
A very good working environment
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 1, 2016
I worked part-time and in the pool position, while I was completing my Business Management degree. This company worked with my schedule so that I could accomplish this and work also.

My position was an admitting clerk for a very busy surgical care facility. This position required you to be a multi-task skills and to think fast and accurate. I enjoyed this challenge and learned many new skills while employed here.

Great co-workers
Pros
Good working environment. co-workers, and benefits
Cons
Regrets: I turned down a full-time position because I was attending college.
job applicant site sucks
Not employed (Former Employee) –  Nowata, OKJuly 31, 2016
web site for applications was aweful, worst I have seen ever

cant apply to them

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Needs lots of Improvement
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2016
This place tells you what you want to hear in your interview and once your in nothing was true of what was told to you. Management is as clueless as you are when you start no guidance just a whole lot of emails you read and that is your training. When asked why you did something well lack of proper training just very sad could be a great place but upper mangement needs to actually take management courses and educate themselves on the jobs there managing to help employees and there selves succeed.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, pay and bonus structure
There is no sound management. Too much turn over in the company.
Cash Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 5, 2016
I am done with this company.
Looking for more professional team to work with. Lack of training. Train as needed. blah blah blah..........................
Do NOT do it!
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 14, 2016
Worst company ever! Ive never worked for a company with absolutely No structure, no proper management, they play favortism, there is NO TRAINING at the RBO office in Carmel, IN. The turn over rate is ridiculously high. After being there 2 months Ive seen 7 people leave in which some were new hires who didnt return from lunch. Do not ever work for the RBO office in Carmel. Save yourself the headache and stress.
Pros
Cons
everything you could possibly think of
not sure what happened.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2016
Coming from an extensive background in general office work, this is one of the more strange experiences I've ever had. I was only on the job for 4 weeks and wasn't really exposed to the meat and potatoes of the position. I was told all along that I would be sufficiently trained when the time came. During this time, I was performing pretty remedial tasks (stuffing envelopes), answering emails...etc. Well, after a staff meeting on a Friday where ironically the topic of discussion was overall office morale and upcoming changes, I got a call from my recruiter on Sunday night that I was not to return. No reason was officially given. I was late once. I asked for 1 day off that was approved by the office manager. I was made to feel welcome in general by my co-workers. This was really disappointing since I was willing to put up with the imbalance of gender equality (15-16 people in the office, 2 males), unprofessional office atmosphere (loud everyday) and the job didn't seem that difficult. The pay was great. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to show what I could do.
Pros
Hours, pay
Cons
Communication, clicky/high school environment...new mgmt. No training
Terrible work environment.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2016
Terrible work environment. Staff does not welcome new employees or change. Lots of workplace drama. Management plays favorites among employees. During low census employees are flexed off a lot. Do not waste your time applying here
Pros
do not have to work weekends
Cons
Lots of drama!
Busy high pressure office
Medical Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2016
I learned a lot of new information here. the office was demanding, high pressured but the office lead was very supportive.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
A lot of pressure and deadlines with very short notice. Understaffed
Management in Indianapolis
Account Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 9, 2016
Is the worst, do not work in the A/R department
Went in through temp service. No training and management is not professional at all Especially In the A/R follow up dept in Carmel Indiana. I should have listened to the reviews and other co-workers but I thought they was let go and bitter...Not so it's management.
Pros
You have a paycheck for a few months
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Great group of doctors, great facility and very good nursing staff. Clean op rooms and understanding crew. I loved working there
Pros
Hours
Cons
no cons that i can think of
It is a great experience to work at
Refund Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2016
coming into surgical care with no billing experience, I have learned and gained a lot of knowledge about the billing aspect. I love the people I work with, great friendly environment. It is a great opportunity to learn new things here at SCA,
Poorly ran, unprofessional management
Biller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2016
This company is ran by clicks and favortism. Management are the worst they have no idea what they are doing or how to run a company, let alone a team. People are advanced by who they know not what their qualifications are or ability to perform successfully at their job. Management preaches about SCA values but are the first to not follow them. Working for this company is like being a crab stuck in a barrel full of crabs pulling each other back in. It sad because there was potential now I'm just waiting in amazement everyday to see that the doors are still open. It is not a good place to work if you are used to structure, professionalism, integrity, ethical standards. They hired a new director, however it's just a new body in the same filth. Management team is back stabbing, sneaky, they lie and that is on other core leadership. What they do to employees is unheard of. I have never been at a company where upper management pick with their employees to the point of them quitting. They are untrained flying by the seat of their pants. The board might want to clean house and revamp Carmel RBO other than that it's just a matter of time.

Carmel RBO Closed for business

*on my way out*
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Low morale
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Very busy days
Need better management
Low morale among co/workers team
Learned about insurances
Fast paced work environment
Best part of the job is monthly luncheons
Pros
MONTHLY BIRTHDAY LUNCHEONS
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Productive Place of Employeement
Resource Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2016
I worked here as a Pharmacy Tech and things were always face pace. Management here was very hands on making things very easy to learn each station.
Pros
Fun Team Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Company & Team to work for
PC Remediation (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2016
You will not regret working for SCA's Information Technology team, they make you feel welcomed, appreciate hard work, and are there to support you.
Pros
Team, Worklife, Experience, Management, Payrate
Cons
Contract ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surgical Care Affiliates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5