Surgical Care Affiliates Employer Reviews

God Company but needs work
Senior Billing Analyst (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, there is a want for a fun work place
Cons: empty promises of advancement, false hopes, quick turnover, it's all about who you know
The work is great and could possibly be a perfect place to work if management and upper management would treat all teammates the same and listen to suggestions. Resources are not used which are at their fingertips, this included personnel.
Great group of Co-Workers
Accounts Payable Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Westminster, COJune 10, 2014
I enjoy going to work each day and spending it with fun people to work with
Great company, my office was closed though
Manager of ARRT (Former Employee), Santee CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: loved going to work daily and taking pride in our success.
Cons: the office was closed and that was difficult
Started out as a collector and within a year and a half I was running my own office that I created. I moved our small office to a larger office and hired a team of 16 that was extremely successful. The team I worked with was very motivated and comfortable with their surroundings. The hardest part of my job was when I had to lay off due to the office – more... being closed. The most enjoyable part of the position was creating something that was so successful. The new manager that I had wanted to move the office out of state for expense reasons. – less
Great company
Remote Coding Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 24, 2014
All the teammates are wonderful.
Best Company and Managers anyone can ask for.
Busy but very rewarding
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: demanding
Exciting place to work as your days are always filled with unexpected situations
Cash Specialist
Cash Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of reconciling bank accounts for 80+ surgery centers. Analyzing bank statements. Making journal entries. Working with the centers to resolve open items.
Challenging, energenic atmosphere
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, great director, challenging but fun environment
Cons: advancement in company
A typical day included billing and following up on insurance claims. Making sure claims are paid according to the contracts on file between the insurance company and the surgery center.
?
N/A (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 3, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: work / life balance
Very demanding but great people. Little training with unrealistic expectations.
Independent Contractor, 36 days and still not paid
Radiology Tech (Former Employee), Los AngelesNovember 15, 2013
I worked at an SCA location as an independent contractor 36 days ago, have contacted them several times and gotten the run around. I finally reported it to the Department of Labor.
Good Company but have had management problems
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay scale
Cons: management
A typical day begins with the phones ringing off the hook! The patients are calling and anxious to have their questions and/or concerns answered. That is where all of us at SCA Regional Business Office come in. We are all professional and courteous and try our best to put them at ease and find the answers they are searching for. When it comes to dealing – more... directly with insurance companies to get the claims processed fast and accurate; we are relentless. We are confident that we have the knowledge and the tools to get it done.
I have learned more of working as a 'team' instead of and individual. What ever one department does flows right into the other department and finally to the end which is my department ... collections. If we do not function as 'one' team, there is a break in the chain and all departments may suffer.
Management. Unfortunately, we have had some issues in our office concerning management. We are currently without an office manager and there is some chaos still behind from her unexpected dismissal. Corporate fill ins are there now until this position is filled.
The hardest part of the job is to balance everything at one time but it comes easy to most of us at work since most of us are mothers.
The most enjoyable part of my day at work is being able to help people find a solution to help them with their financial problem and paying back a sometimes large amount of money for their medical bills. They are always so appreciative and it makes me feel good. – less
Good working environment with excellent customer satisfaction.
PACU RN/ Operating Room RN (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2013
The institution offers friendly, customer satisfaction to the clients,co- workers and guests, thus providing the core values of the company.
We are family!
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: friendly, care physicians and co-workers
Cons: short breaks, short lunch hours, salary not compatible and no inside promotions.
Surgical Care Affiliates is a place that is forever evolving with technoligy and special care to their patients.
Productive and busy
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2013
Pros: getting to work with a favorite surgeron.
Cons: working your late day and it would happen to fall on a friday.
It was a productive and busy facility to work at. I enjoyed being there.
Professional and fun work enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJune 10, 2013
I enjoyed my time here with SCA. The office i was in was highly professional and everybody gets along.... No DRAMA between coworkers I hope to be back soon.
Accountant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy. The work is never routine and is always varied. My co workers are people I consider friends. They are all dedicated hard workers.
Accountant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2013
Value driven organization
Sr. Business Application Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 29, 2012
Surgical Care Affiliates is a great healthcare organization. The company is very much a values driven organization. The company also has a great focus on teammate and physician satisfaction.
fun, good and professional environment.
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2012
Cons: short lunch, thats it
I worked there as a temp, so some of the questions above won't pertain to me, if I rated them low. Overall, a good company to work for , with a mangement team who show appreciation for their staff. Good work environment, very professional, good culture and values, and it shows from the pride the employees take in their work.
Wouldn't recommend working here!
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Bridgeport,CTSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: supportive staff, going to new facility soon
Cons: late hours, having lunch can be an adventure
Staff is great, surgeons are great, but management terrible. No communication, no support-administrator would like to replace the whole staff. May get that wish-4 RN's have left in the past year.
SCA facilities are individual, some are great with good teamwork
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2012
Pros: co-workers camaraderie
Cons: short to no breaks, poor lunch coverage, chaotic, systems set up for failure
A typical day is hectic, chaotic, rushed, and the teams are pushed hard to complete all required daily work and assist others on the team. Staff need to feel effective-not rushed, important--not disposable, real teamwork present-not departmental, secure-not territorial-no one is indispensable. Management needs to be supportive-not confrontational, make – more... real changes-not just appearances of change. Facility systems need to be repaired to ensure a win-win solution for the employees, management, and assure quality of care for ALL who enter the facility. In such a small facility, the hardest part of the job, on a daily basis, was handling the influx and discharge of scheduled patients in a timely manner. The most enjoyable time during the day was being with the patients and their families sharing good news and concern for their loved ones. I love helping people help people! It's very rewarding. – less