Survey Technology & Research Employee Reviews

this place is a joke
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 1, 2015
they schedule you for a 5 hour shift and then cut you loose after 3. the supervisors just sit around talking to each other the whole time and are condescending toward the interviewers. the "coaches" will be rude to you when you have questions and tell you "dont take this job seriously, youre making 8.50 an hour". thats right... they actually tell you to your face that you're pathetic for working for 8.50 an hour, moreless. avoid this place unless your desire is to work for a bunchve snobby morons and you love regurgetating the same ridiculous, poorly written interviews a couple hundred times a day.
Pros
it teaches you how awful a company can be
Cons
management is worthless
High Turnover Rate Job No Job Security
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Allentown PAMay 6, 2015
Survey Technology & Research is a good part time job for someone in school or looking to make extra money but there is absolutely no job security so I WOULD NOT recommend it to anyone that plans on making this a career. The expectations for their production is next to impossible to meet. The supervisors and monitors there really do not care about the quality of work that is going on, they spend more time associating with each other than actually paying attention to what is happening. There is a major lack of communication between the higher ups (administration, supervisors, monitors etc) and the monitors there basically make up their own rules and ways of handling calls so it is hard to get a grasp on a permanent way to make calls and handle them. Survey Technology & Research also changes their rules and guidelines on you with no notice and than upholds you to their new standards immediately. They also offer work from home opportunities, but as soon as you take it they start to treat you differently and will find any reason to put you on progressive discipline. It is almost like they retaliate against their workers who leave the office to go work from home so I'm not exactly sure why they offer it. You will probably loose your employment quicker with them if you go work from home. Also, the supervisors there have a nasty habit of trash talking each other and the employees under them. If I were you, I wouldn't even think twice about employment here.
Pros
Laid back work, you can work from home
Cons
Everything else except what I mentioned in the Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Coach/Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2015
The job itself is very simple, but can still be fun and exciting.
The Staff is very friendly, and knowledgeable. The hours are very flexible and accommodating to everyone's personal needs within the set requirements
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Part-time
Good phone experience
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 13, 2014
This company will allow one to develop good phone etiquette.
Coach interviewers so that they preform at their best
Interviewer Monitor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2014
I worked up from being an interviewer to my current position as a coach. My responsibilities varied depending on what was needed. Some nights i was working with interviewers, listening to live calls and providing QA feedback.Other nights i was doing more administrative work such as answering call, taking down names and numbers.
Pros
Flexabile Schedule
Cons
Very little room to move beyond the position
nice place to get a start
RPG II Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioApril 13, 2013
This job prepared me for the next 10 years of my career. I became a programmer in this position
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Interesting subject material to work with, provides different view points
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 4, 2012
This type of work can provide insight to other view points. Contacting people in different regions of the country and discussing the news of the day can provide an insight you cannot get on a regular basis unless you are well traveled.
Co-workers varied in ages and background this was a positive. Management was in the period of changing policy, to tighten the ship so to speak. This is needed in any business and the rules were simple to follow.
Most difficult part of the job bing bored when the systems went down and work could not be done, the shift would be very long at these times. Another positive was the ability to make your own shift again as a part time job STR was perfect.
Pros
as a part time job this was fine, str offered opportunities to increase hours
Cons
low pay or lower than my home state, as hours were often added they were also reduced when there was not enough work