SUSAN G. KOMEN

SUSAN G. KOMEN Employer Reviews

Loved my job
Affiliate Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 27, 2014
Fun, enjoyable, challenging and exciting. Always something to do and something new to tackle.
internship experience
Internship (Former Employee), Forest Park, OHMay 5, 2014
Got great experience learning about how grant processes work. Loved the people who I worked with. It is a small, office environment that makes a huge impact in the breast cancer world! Great internship to have if you are going into communications or are interested in a non-profit organization. Would recommend this company.
great experience
Intern (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 3, 2014
I did a lot of things to help out the organization. will teach you things that will help you out in life and things you will need in the future
Most satisfying job ever!
Affiliate Coordinator (Former Employee), Aspen, CODecember 29, 2013
Pros: touching lives and impacting families can't be topped.
Cons: hours can be long but satisfying.
Knowing that whatever you do in a day will have a positive ripple effect in the future is a strong motivation for making the most of every opportunity to reach out and touch a life.
Productive and Best IT Department
Senior Computer Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2013
Learnt CMS Systems
Best Supportive IT Department
Relaxed and planned deliverable
Productive and fun volunteer place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2013
Pros: met a lot of nice people, and made an impact on the world.
Cons: there were no breaks, you had to eat and work at the same time.
Planning for the Bowl for the Cure started around September or October each year. While there I learned what it takes to plan events and run a business. Everyone worked closely with each other to make sure everything went smoothly. The hardest part of the work I did was setting up in the morning, if people were late it affected everyone. The most enjoyable – more... part of volunteering there was the impact we all made. At the end of the weekend of the bowl when the money was all counted up and we saw how much we made and how much it would help Susan G. Komen, it was an amazing feeling. – less
Rewarding atmosphere
Affiliate Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 22, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
Each day I know I am making a difference, helping people find the breast health services they need.
Lovely group of people to work for and all for a great cause.
Office and Volunteer Director (Former Employee), FLApril 29, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great group of people to work with.
Cons: no health benefits, pay is lower than with for-profits
Typically came into work, assigned volunteers various tasks to complete, help constituents register for Race for the Cure, handle social media accounts and create/edit monthly newsletters. Oversee administration employees as well as organize/attend various networking/fundraising events.
Great nonprofit to be a part of
Internship (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2013
I assisted with the communication manager with daily activities. I updated the website on a regular basis which I learned how to do when I started. I updated social media for the annual Laugh for the Cure event in February and on a regular basis as well. I edited write ups that were put on the website and helped organized the website.
I enjoyed working – more... at Komen Charlotte so much and the group of women I worked with were amazing. The way they all worked together and having each others backs has made me realize how important it is to work as team.
It was a great experience that I will never forget. – less
Productive, eye-opening, fun environment
Internship (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 24, 2012
Managed the volunteer and the volunteer system (Raisers Edge), managed the referral line for Komen funding, helped edit parts of the new website, attended health fairs and taught men and women about breast health and breast cancer, mailings, faxing, scanning, basic office functions. Helped with grant reviewing and filing (GeMS).

Overall, a few inviting, – more... fun, eye-opening experience about how Komen operates. – less
Committed to finding the cure
Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2012
SGKGNYC is a non-profit foundation that does wonderful work for women/men with medical crises, the fact that cancer has no face, age has been reinforced. I worked with men/women who have been directly affected or loved ones affected by breast cancer and were very passionate about their committment to a world without breast cancer. The harderst part – more... of the job was receiving a call from the person who was just diagnosed, asking for help and hearing the fear and hesitation in their voice and one of the most enjoyable was receiving the call from a SURVIVOR! – less
Love helping people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNMay 2, 2012
Pros: feel great about what you are doing
Cons: not being able to do it more often
It varies on the activity and location.
Always meeting new people.
Amazing Co-workers
Key Volunteer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2012
I love everyone who works for the San Diego affiliate. It's like going to work with your best friends and sisters. You are filled with joy and happiness the second you walk through the door. Support, friendship, and over all great energy fill this office daily.
High stress work environment with few answers to be found.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: honorable cause and life changing experience.
Cons: poorly managed staff.
I learned a lot working here, but I wouldn't say that I had an enjoyable experience. I thought that I would like working for a non-profit company/organization, but the people I worked with soon changed that for me. I still stand behind everything this organization stands for and is working towards, but I now have a much different view and opinion of – more... the people who work behind the scenes. – less

About SUSAN G. KOMEN

The Susan G. Komen for the Cure® promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality – Read more