Susan G. Komen Employee Reviews

Summer Internship
Fundraising events intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
Susan G. Komen is a fantastic place to work! I loved it here and learned so much about myself and growing professionally. I had great leadership throughout my time there and great coworkers.
Great Company Environment for a Great Cause
Brand Ambassador & Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Susan G. Komen supplied me with a learning experience while working with digital media. I expanded my practice of social media through outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. It is an enjoyable company to work for as their main goal is something that is close to my heart.
Assisting those moving out of homelessness
Assisted the executive director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2017
My role in Susan G Komen was simply an internship to learn how best to manage non profit organizations and to assist those in the community. My experience was that it was a very dedicated organization that has a positive impact in the community.
Challenging culture with financial problems
Development and Partnerships Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
Komen is in desperate need of strong, capable leaders. Those leaders should focus on building and improving the culture rather than focusing on personal gain and power plays.
Pros
Worthy cause
Cons
Toxic environment
Educational
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2017
I learned the basics of event planning and business to guide me further in my career. I have learned organizational skills, teamwork and hard work over the pas
Great Environment
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 14, 2017
Great Environment. It's a pleasure to work for an organization that has many supporters and fans. I work at the Des Moines Office and so far I have enjoyed the atmosphere.
Productive caring work place with a great team!
Intern Winston- Salem (Former Employee) –  Northwest, NCMarch 30, 2017
This is one of the best work environments I have ever been a part of. The team has excellent communication skills and a wonderful mentoring program. This team delegates projects with creative freedom and allows you to be a part of the execution. The most difficult part of the job is that you are working on a computer for 8 hours a day. Other than that, you gain a lot of professional experience while building genuine relationships with your coworkers. In addition, it's important to understand that these affiliates are staffed with a small but powerful group of leaders so there is very little chance of growth.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, creative freedom, lots responsibility
Cons
Working on a computer for extensive hours
Great Work Life Balance
Manager, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2017
Susan G Komen is a great organization with a great cause. With many flexible work options, the work life balance was awesome. The hard part of that was working with so many remote employees.
Pros
37 1/2 hour work week
Cons
too many remote employees
Great Learning Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2016
Great place to work with amazing people who really care about the community. Fast paced environment during the race season. Co-workers shared same passion for wanting to bring the community together to spread awareness and education of breast cancer.
Un trabajo con un ambiente familiar, organizado y divertido.
Volutaria (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 14, 2016
La actividad Race for the Cure 5k, auspiciada por Susan G. Komen, está localizada al frente de Choliseo de Puerto Rico. Ésta se da todos los años para la recaudación de fondos de mujeres con cáncer de seno. Mi día comenzaría reportándose a la carpa de voluntarios donde confirmaran tu asistencia, te indicaran tu hora de almuerzo y donde estarías trabajando. Lo más que me gusta de trabajar allí es poder estar en compañía de esas mujeres que tanto han luchado y dar sin recibir nada a cambio. Aprendí que hay que trabajar para llegar al éxito, tal como lo hicieron las sobrevivientes de cáncer.
La parte mas impactante del trabajo es ver y escuchar las historias del proceso doloroso del tratamiento de las pacientes.
Passionate organization, but lacks room for diversity initiatives
Contracted Community Resource Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2016
Friendly co-workers, but the fast paced office made it hard for newbies to fit in. The CEO had little excitement for diversity initiatives, as the focus was solely on earning money from past supporters rather than recognizing disparate groups and building long-term relationships. The community could see through our false advertising and did not believe we had a genuine cause for reaching new groups. The best part however for me was recognizing the need for diversity initiatives and being a strong leader by example among the community.
Pros
Stylish office.
Cons
Heavy focus on fundraising rather than direct services to new community groups, poor reputation of the company prior to starting my role.
Independent at your own pace work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2016
A regular day at Susan G. Komen is a day at an office. It can have its slow moments, and all of the sudden it may become robust. Ive learned much more when it comes to conducting interviews and the traits of research and databases. There were no other co.workers, other than my manager(preceptor) who was very passionate of health and professional. The hardest part of the job was staying productive on a day that yielded no customers or projects. Most enjoyable part of the job was working at a your own pace and meeting diverse individuals at events.
Incredible benefits!
Sr. Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
The company standard is a 37.5 hour work week. The health benefits were amazingly affordable for an individual and the PTO policy is very generous.
Volunteer Work
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 19, 2015
This was an event to help raise money for the cure of breast cancer. I got to work with customer service by selling shirts. It was a great experience.
fun place to work
On Site Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2015
The great part about being a volunteer is being able to educate people on breast cancer awareness. You also receive incentives for volunteer work.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no cons
Very rewarding job
Race Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Non-profit requires a lot of hours. Great people. I really enjoy being a part of this organization. I'm still an active volunteer.
Productive, challenging and high paced
Special Events Manager (Current Employee) –  NashvilleNovember 19, 2014
Great company with clear goals. Affiliates strive to meet target needs within the community and work round clock to advance healthcare, science, policy, and breast health education.
Encouranging and happy environment
Board of Directors (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2014
The office environment is happy and full of encourangement.
Gives back to the community
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  FLSeptember 2, 2014
Unlike other national non-profits Susan G. Komen gives back to their communities with 75 percent of their net proceeds and 25 percent goes to national research. Great place to work and grow!
Pros
Volunteers
my sr project
Crew member (Former Employee) –  philladelphiaAugust 18, 2014
I did this for my senior project and it was a very fun time and i would do it again