Sushi Zushi Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Good place for a new manger to start , strong core of employees it can be challenging with changes at times, management has their hands tied at times but quality of life is good
Pros
Quality of life is good
Cons
Management has their hands tide at times
summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2017
Delivered fast and friendly sushi to the general area of Stone Oak. Loved the environment and working there in general was very calm and relaxing. I would recommend it
Poor management
Server in upscale Riverwalk setting (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2017
There is no structure in the downtown location. Managers reward whoever they like, or who bugs them enough, instead of recognizing hard workers. Constant harrassment amongst employees. Management does nothing and some times participates.
Quick and easy work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job is when my coworkers do not do the work that they are assign due to job title. I don't mind having to make up for it, but its a team game. That is about it, other then that its a cool and fun environment to work in.
Very informative and opens the door to a new culture of cooking
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2017
I have gained a lot of useful knowledge for my days with Sushi Zushi. I look forward to using this knowledge in the future. I only wish there was a more work- life balance. On days off managers are still required to follow up on emails, place orders and answer text form store. There is not a good balance as far as work loads with management team, The more experienced managers get tasked with about 60% of the total work load.
Pros
Management is eligible for a week vacation after one year with the company.
Cons
Management is only allotted $150 to eat or use on days off per month
Run of the mill restaurant workplace. Would recommend.
Driver/ Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2017
If you've ever worked for a restaurant before you have worked for this one as well. Nothing shocking except better than average management and unique offerings on the menu.
Pros
Low hours, good pay.
Cons
Low hours, bad pay.
Challenging
Host/ Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2017
Sushi Zushi is a fast-paced customer service driven type of restaurant. Its an awesome restaurant to work for in regards to the people I work with, but the inconsistent management can be a bit rough due to the flow of different types of management. So its best to always remain flexible. If you're seeking to be paid for good customer service, this place is one of the best.
Pros
work environment
Cons
inconsistent
Terrible, inconsistent management
Server/Cashier/Driver/Bar (Current Employee) –  5th St. AustinJanuary 19, 2017
Overactive corporate management has resulted in adisfunctional store, with 3 permanent GMs in the last 2 years, plus many more temporary ones. Job duties change on a weekly basis, and employees and customers are alienated so quickly that schedules and income are unreliable.
Pros
50% discount on food; occasional 'prizes' for enployee recognition
Cons
See review; antagonistic work environment
It's growing
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 22, 2016
The company is poised for growth. With growth come growing pains and changes. Can be good and bad. Lots of potential for future growth with the company. Recent up level changes have caused a stir. The company has amazing potential once they find their direction.
Pros
Food and meal discounts
Cons
each location has very different clientele
trying to do the right thing and grow
Server (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 29, 2016
ok company to work for, struggled with sales, good food that is made to order and excellent. good drinks and solid bar. offers free delivery. should add late night sales to get more bar business. outstanding happy hour.
fun
Hostess, Cashier, Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2016
good food, great culture, awesome playlists, very clean and easy to set up restaurant for the day. the food is pricey compared to other japanese restaurants.
Professional hospitality in high scale dining
Professional customer service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2016
Trained all new hires and assisted in multiple different aspects of restaurant. Efficient with cash handling and day to day activities of monetary exchanges
Great people to work with
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
The other employees were great! During all the slow and crazy times at the location, they would always be there for you. The are great people who care for each other and watch out for each other. They are the only thing I am going to miss about that place.
Tight knit friendly team with mgmt that generally cares about you.
Delivery Driver and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Typical day encompasses coming in 15-60 minutes before open and setting up the restaurant and getting set up in your delivery vehicle (as delivery driver), in your section (as server) or counting your register (as cashier). Opening duties and schedules will vary store to store, but most cases will involve pouring sauce and preparing the takeout area. Throughout the shift cashiers and drivers share duties with answering phones, QC on food, bagging orders, and helping customers at the counter. Most enjoyable part of the job is actually when its the busiest as time flies and you make the most money, cashier or driver. Hardest part is cleaning up/mopping at end of night (still pretty easy). I learned a good deal from observing my peers and supervisors about what makes a good boss and what doesn't. Management is for the most part competent and understanding that employees are not just robots, though I've seen a few philanderers who went after some of the female waitstaff (pretty typical for restaurant environment imo).
Pros
Team-like friendly atmosphere
Cons
Bring an issue to mgmt's attention? Congratulations that is now added to your duties, promotes apathy and not reporting problems to mgmt.
Great management, will work with school schedules
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 8, 2015
This company is a great company to work for. Management cares about their employees on a level that is hard to find. When I was in school I never had a problem getting a shift covered or picking up more shifts based on my classes.
Cons
Must pay for parking
Fast paced environment with a high number of foreign patrons
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Every day required making a seating chart for servers, managing reservations, a clean work space, and a waiting list during peak business hours, as well as helping co-workers with various tasks. This gave me the ability to see everything that went on between all roles of a restaurant.
Out of the three managers, I believe management was well handled. However, there was a certain complex between management and their "favorites".
The hardest part of my job was handling language barriers. There were a lot of foreign customers and it was hard to figure out what they accepted as good service and to improve upon that ideal.
The best part of my job was the information I acquired about sushi and various food items! It was like an education on several types of sushi and other Japanese foods!
Pros
Discount on entire menu
Cons
Too many hostesses, causing a drop in hours one could work per week
I have enjoyed working at Sushi Zushi, the atmosphere is awesome and my guests and coworkers are great.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
During my time here at Sushi Zushi I have grown to love so many things about it. The people I work with, my guests and of course the amount of money I have made. Management is great aside from a few acceptions. I highly enjoy the fast pace lunch and dinner rushes and the hustle and bustle of the holiday times. The hardest part though is the slow times like right now. I have made lots of great friends there but of course like all work places, I am there simply to work hard and achieve the highest possible profit from my guests.
Pros
walking out with money everyday, friendly coworkers and guests
Cons
no healthcare benefits for servers or any front of the house employees
Fun Environment
Head of Vehicle Maintenance, Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Sushi Zushi is a fun place to work! The food is great and the staff is very friendly. The management team is easy to get along with, very involved and they're available to ask for help. Delivery driving is a great job and pays very well, but it is definitely stressful at times because the order volume is very high and the delivery radius is too big.
Good place to work and opportunity for advancement
Chef/Kitchen Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 30, 2014
This restaurant is in the middle of an overhaul. Participating in the positive changes and knowing that I have had a positive influences in those changes is mentally rewarding
Ok place too work
Director of Construction & Facilities (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2014
The company needs upper level management changes or they will not grow.