SusieCakes Employee Reviews

Too much work, not enough people
AM Baker (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJuly 12, 2017
The only way to even come close to completing all of the tasks that were assigned to me was to work through my breaks, and often that still wasn't enough. I went home every day both physically and mentally exhausted and had no energy to do anything else. Management was very nice and tried to offer support, but there's only so much one person can do.
Great place to work, amazing co-workers, but management was horrible.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. I became so close with all my co-workers and easily became friends with all of them. the training was a little TOO extraneous though, just to box cupcakes & what exact words to say to guests. it took about 3 months just to get trained on how to take a small phone order... cakes are yummy. pricey, but good. although everything is not as fresh or 'homemade' as we are supposed to say ... i loved my assistant manger, she was the best and most kind-hearted person. but my new general manager (that had replaced the old gm) was a pain. i felt as if everything i did was not good enough for her, like she did not like the way i wrote something on a box, she would get a whole new one and move her new writing 3 mm towards the corner of the box. it made me feel like i didnt know how to write on a box for goodness sake. also, i never told anyone, but i felt so disrespected by her because of my beliefs.i won't go into detail because i dont want to feel as if i am bashing her. but that was a huge negative working here, the lack of disrespect she had towards me was very unprofessional. other co-workers i was close too knew something was wrong and when i told them, they agreed. but i guess you need to put up with whatever it takes these days to have a source of income.
Pros
free products, nice environment, friendly co-workers, AMAZING assistant manger, long hours
Cons
long work days (+ & -), uniforms, DISRESPECTFUL general manager
Sweet spot
OPERATIONS AND PEOPLE SUPPORT LEADER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great product and great employees. Growing company with some kinks to work out but overall it is a wonderful place to work.
Great Leadership
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Wonderful company, wonderful values. Nothing more enjoyable then being able to taste a wonderful product and sell it to guest.
A day at SusieCakes
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2015
SusieCakes is a great place to build connections with the guest you see everyday. You learn so many things from how to open and close a store on your own to what a guest may be celebrating. The management has been the best that i have worked with by far. They are always open and honest with you and keep you informed of any and everything that may be going on. Your co-workers range but they are all wonderful people to work with. You spend so much time together with them at work that it is hard not to have an outside of work relationship with them!
Poor management
Baker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2014
Job duties matched job description. It was a typical job with normal bakery hours and schedule. The company had everything planned out so each employee had their own tasks. Unfortunately, management and supervisors were employee biased and slacking. This lead to a stressful work environment and a lack of team work.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No breaks besides 30 min. lunch. Little room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SusieCakes. Our community is ready to answer.