Susquehanna Bank Employee Reviews

No comment
Customer Service Representative/ Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 23, 2017
I have no comment on this particular company as the company has kept changing hands over the years and is no longer the same.
Was a good place to work.
Business Analyst/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Susquehanna Bancshares was acquired by BB&T in Dec 2015. As a result of their implementation of a reduction in workforce due to the acquisition, my position was relocated to SC.
Mid-Size Regional Bank
Loan Workout Officer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 17, 2017
Susquehanna Bank was a mid-size regional commercial bank that was acquired by BB&T Bank in November 2015. Susquehanna was a bank where you did not feel like you were lost in the crowd.
Pros
Smaller Bank
Cons
Business formal attire
Great environment and wonderful people
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 5, 2017
I was doing volunteer work with this company since middle school. I participated in March of dimes and March for babies. I was giving financial advice to children towards their future. I really enjoyed doing volunteer work and I would do volunteer work again.
was a ok place to work at
CSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working here was not happy with the hours and pay but it was a pt. job
the people were great to work with and the company it self was good to me. I would of stayed if they would of paid more an dgave me more hours.
Pros
peopple i work with
Cons
not enought hours
Summer outdoor ampitheater
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Camden NJNovember 7, 2016
Well organized, seasonal venue. Rotated at beer portable, VIP bar, Beer Gardens and Private parties. Enjoyable. Concert area, very busy.
Family oriented. Supervisors were great. I loved my job. No longer employed due to bank merger
DOCUMENT PREPARATIONS COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work. Management was great, co workers excellent no complaints I loved my job. Job loss due to Bank Merger
Very fast paced job
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAOctober 3, 2016
Worked 7am to 4pm. Oncall every 2 weeks, 24/7. Made sure nightly processing completed normally and that all departments and branch personnel had files and reports on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job was keeping management and departments 'happy'. What I'm looking for now is a change of scenery, doing something different.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
too demanding. Working 8 hrs and then being oncall 24/7.
Community Bank feel with Regional Decision Making. Management Support. Always had best intentions with clients
Branch Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJAugust 19, 2016
Advancement Opportunities. Upper Management guided you to ensure success. The biggest challenge with the job was finding qualified candidates to ensure financial consultative advice was being given to clients consistently.
Well balanced working team
Document Preparation Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740August 6, 2016
Working for Susquehanna Bank was a terrific experience for me. I had a terrific group of ladies working in my department which I know I will be hard pressed to find elsewhere.
Line Supervisor
Business Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJuly 11, 2016
I was tasked with the initial set up, maintenance, and production for a lighting fixture manufacturing business. The managerial staff was firm but fair. Overall a positive experience.
Free concert the day/night you work after the gate closes
Ticket Taker/Usher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 7, 2016
Ticket taking was a little skeptical because there's always drunk people coming through the gate to see the show, people try to slip by you and get in for free, etc. But security was very tight and the management was good for customers.
As far as for employee's, it's not well managed. For seasonal people, you got to pick and choose what concerts you would like to work and what position. You would get an email/text confirming that you would work. Some people would get the message, some people wouldn't, you had to write on a piece of paper as your clock in and clock out time sheet. We had to share shirts that didn't smell like they were washed after they were worn, and you would be lucky if they still had your size available.
Pros
Free concerts, got to pick when you wanted to work
Cons
crazy drunk people, unprofessional work scheduling
Great emplyoees
Customer service representative (teller) (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 16, 2016
The customers that came in where in all very nice. the employee where fun to work with, the raise were not great at all. the company no longer exists
Productive workplace
Legal & Reporting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJune 13, 2016
Exciting place to work, with plenty of growth opportunity. Mostly great management, that always encouraged you to be your best and gave plenty of support to advance.
Pros
Great benefits, incentives and hours
A Professional Atmosphere with Very Friendly People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2016
The thing that I found most beneficial was that the employees were caring and friendly. In many departments, employees knew each other as well as their own family members. Opportunities were plentiful.
Pros
Flexibility and job opportunities
Cons
Too many bank mergers
Productive nice company to work for.
Branch Operation Supervisor/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Susquehanna Bank and the people I worked with the incentive programs were nice . Susquehanna encouraged us to do good. The company was very customer oriented.
Pros
incentives
Cons
short staffed
This is a required review
Sr. Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 18, 2016
My responsibilities and the processes that I worked on changed about every three years. This turned out to be challenging, interesting, and rewarding. Auditing is very similar. You have to walk into a new department and become an instant expert in order to evaluate their operations and offer corrective action and suggestions for improvement.
Great place to work!
Compliance Officer/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Susquehanna was a community oriented bank that had a great reputation for taking care of it's customers and employees.
great place to work with the other associates and management team
Mortgage Closer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I learned a lot while working for Susquehanna Bank. In the Closing Dept. I learned to close the different types of loan from PFHA to construction and picked up the training quickly. My errors were few and I was able to handle a large pipeline of 60 file a month. My supervisor would rely on me to do the last minute files that needs to have the paperwork at the table within a few hours. I work well under pressure.

Hardest part I found about the job I found to be was all the jumping through hoops to get all the correct information to be able to do my job with little hassle

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship that all the employees had, it was like one huge family. I also loved getting the thank you e-mails from the Loan Officers that the closing went well and every one was happy.
Pros
co-workers, pot luck luncheons
Cons
loosing the job that I loved to do.
Good Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 15, 2015
This is a great company that provides culinary experience and a good work environment for employees. It was a excellent work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Susquehanna Bank. Our community is ready to answer.