susquehanna bank

susquehanna bank Employer Reviews

great team and leadership
Branch Manager III/Business - Vice President (Former Employee), Ardmore, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: pay, balance, benefits, teamwork
Cons: advancement, rates on products
Susquehanna Bank is a great bank that has foresight. I enjoyed the autonomy I was given to excel and enjoyed the senior leadership team
The Worst Place To Ever Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: lack of humidity management and human resources
Susquehanna Bank Is the worst place I have ever worked and I have been working since I was 14 years old. I m now 23 and the management staff is well over 40. They have put myself as well as other tellers down about the position that we hold with Susquehanna. They are very unprofessional, they talk about the tellers weight and speck badly about the staff – more... to the customers. The managers also steal the tellers referrals when they create cross selling opportunities.The branch manager and the branch operational supervisor creates a separation within the branch amongst the tellers and them selves by constantly bulling who they call "The Lower Paid". The management staff holds the tellers back and will not coach or lead them in the right direction. They have had me in tears for the last year of working with Susquehanna and I pray that this nightmare would end. I am a hard worker and I came to Susquehanna with a lot of skills ,confidents and drive. I am trying to get out before I am completely broken. humidity – less
Fine for a small bank.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Media, PAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good people to work with in branches
Cons: forced advancement, yet not good pay at all to be forced to be promoted.
I've worked here for a while, it's been a good experience overall. They've recently begun trying to expand, though they offer nothing new or competitive by any other major bank standards.

The biggest problem is they are getting stricter goals and harsher more aggressive upper management, while our customer base is being chased away as it gets rid of – more... it's homey bank feeling.

No more free coffee, or sandwiches offered monthly to customers, and without friendliness, this bank offers nothing at all compared to other banks with more locations and better hours. – less
Susquehanna Bank
Teller (Current Employee), Bridgeton, NJJanuary 26, 2014
A typical day is helping customers in the lobby and drive thru. Calling customers to offer any promotional offers.
Very Poor Management!!!
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 31, 2013
Pros: benefits (time off) and pay
Cons: management
Operational tasks were fun, but management was absolutely terrible. Managers constantly hassled me and made me feel like I couldn't go to them for anything. Very unsupportive!!! Constantly favored seasoned employees.
It's a bank!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Marlton, NJDecember 7, 2013
Susquehanna is one of the better banks, but even after trying to take extra classes the company offered to move up I was told I couldn't take them. Very frustrating stuck in one position. The position became WAY too concerned about sales and less about happy employees.
Poor Management And even Worse Employee Relations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Intercourse, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: negative environment, lack of appreciation, low compensation
After working for a company for over 5 years one would come to expect job security and a sense of appreciation. But neither of these is true. Management has no appreciation for their staff and they certainly do not stand behind their employees. There is a huge rift between upper level management and the "frontline" customer service representatives.

They – more... also do not compensate fairly, it does not matter who does the work if you are a teller or customer service representative you will get treated like a peon and paid like one as well! – less
stressful to meet goals
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 6, 2013
I liked most of the co-workers and they wanted to work together, but were not able to provide me with many good referrals for investment and large dollar loan applications. I enjoyed working with customers when they came to see me with their needs. I learned how to take home equity lines of credit and loan applications, and how to get customers to interested – more... in meeting with a Financial Consultant to get their money growing as best as it could. – less
Joyfull Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Current Employee), Waynesboro, PAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: i work where i do my personal banking, great healthcare
Cons: no room for overtime
A typical day at work involves a lot of cash handling and customer service. I have learned a great deal about the world of banking. Many regulations and security rules that need to be followed on a daily basis. My co-workers and management is a pleasure to work with. I have not experienced anything hard about my job yet, but the most enjoyable part – more... is being able to work with customers. – less
Okay place to work
Loan Administrator (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 6, 2013
Pros: growth potential
Cons: cannot think of one!
The best thing about Susquehanna Bank is your ability for career growth. This position allowed for working closely with business owners, attorneys, and state/government personnel. I enjoy this type of work because of the small business environment I worked within.
Customer service orientated atmosphere.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Mullica Hill, NJJuly 11, 2013
I learned how to deal with difficult customer service issues on my own, no help in working with each other. No team effort except for company sponsored events.
awesome co workers
Financial Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAMay 13, 2013
Spent a lot of time face to face with customers. Susquehanna invests a lot of time in the training and providing support to their employees.
One of the best work experiences ever!
Financial Services (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaApril 18, 2013
Pros: culture of appreciation, respect, integrity and they trust yo uto do the job you were hired to do
Cons: compensation is a little on the low side but the job security, automony and positive atmosphere are worth it.
I love working at Susquehanna! Everyone truly wants you to succeed here and people are generous in sharing knowledge and time. I have alot of autonomy to do my job and the company really invests in its people, at all levels.

Personally I feel that the compensation is higher elsewhere but the work environment and the quality of the company, employees – more... and customer commitment are second to none!

I can't imagine working anywhere else. By the way, some of the info in previous posts are incorrect. Benefits are very affordable and we do rehire former employees in good standing. – less
Good Company, way too understaffed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lawnside, NJFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: sundays off
Cons: understaffed
Heavy workload depending on branch. Seems like a good company to start your banking career in though. Very small relationship Bank.
Nice company But
Financial Service Representative, III (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAJanuary 14, 2013
Cons: no matching 401k and very long branch hours
Nice company, compensation is a little above average. Alot of focus is put on training but the training is not used afterwards. Very long branch hours! and only half hr lunches. Unfortunately its hard to get promoted from within. Their interview process takes almost one month before you here something about being hired or to be promoted.
i worked for – more... Abington Bank for 12yrs before being acquired by Susquehanna Bank. – less
Susquehanna was a bank that even though it had 230+ branches, was able to keep that small bank feeling among the employees and customers.
Bank Manager - 2 yrs., Receptionist - 2.5 yrs. (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 17, 2012
Pros: i was able to do a job i loved in administration with people that were nice to work with.
Cons: the only "con" to my last job at susquehanna was the hour drive from chester county to camden, nj.
This would be about my last 2.5 yrs. with Susquehanna when I was a receptionist at their Camden, NJ HQ. Previously, I had been a branch manager, joining Susquehanna in 2007 through a bank merger.

My typical day would involve scheduling meetings and ordering lunch for them as needed, handling the mail, placing work orders for maintenance requests, handling – more... phone calls, greeting visitors, working with new employees to help them become settled in to their new workplace, and assisting other departments such as HR, Marketing, and Regional Branch Managers.

I learned that I love this kind of work where I can assist others in doing their jobs. My co-workers were great and assisted me as needed.

I did not find a part of this job that was hard. Being able to assist others was the enjoyable part of the job. – less
regular work day
Customer Service Rep II/Notary (Current Employee), Mount Carmel, PADecember 16, 2012
Pros: day work hours
Cons: very expensive health benefits
Very busy, must concentrate all day. Deal with people over the phone and in person. Weekly meetings, call nights, opening and closing the branch, referrals, audits of travelers checks, merchandising, drive thru
Great co-workers!
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), Cockeysville, MDAugust 18, 2012
Left company due to robbery! Would have loved to stay but they do not rehire previous employees.
I love it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jenkintown, PAJuly 18, 2012
Susquehanna Bank is a great company to work for. Management is pleasant, just an overall well run company. Very employee focused.
Good customer and employee-centric company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), West Shore, PAJune 12, 2012
Pros: good benefits, hours.
Lots of training and hands on experience to learn and grow from within.

About susquehanna bank

Susquehanna Bancshares, which bears the name of┬áthe river that flows through the heart of its┬ámarket area, is the holding company – Read more