Susquehanna Bank Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work with the other associates and management team
Mortgage Closer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I learned a lot while working for Susquehanna Bank. In the Closing Dept. I learned to close the different types of loan from PFHA to construction and picked up the training quickly. My errors were few and I was able to handle a large pipeline of 60 file a month. My supervisor would rely on me to do the last minute files that needs to have the paperwork at the table within a few hours. I work well under pressure.

Hardest part I found about the job I found to be was all the jumping through hoops to get all the correct information to be able to do my job with little hassle

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship that all the employees had, it was like one huge family. I also loved getting the thank you e-mails from the Loan Officers that the closing went well and every one was happy.
Pros
co-workers, pot luck luncheons
Cons
loosing the job that I loved to do.
Over all good place to work for 17 years
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PANovember 24, 2015
Very nice and safe environment to work for. Management was really good in my department. Everybody got along together. I learned how to get my work done with accuracy.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
healthcare
This is a required review
Sr. Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 18, 2016
My responsibilities and the processes that I worked on changed about every three years. This turned out to be challenging, interesting, and rewarding. Auditing is very similar. You have to walk into a new department and become an instant expert in order to evaluate their operations and offer corrective action and suggestions for improvement.
Susquehanna Bank
Customer Service Representative, Teller (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJuly 1, 2015
I've enjoyed my employment with Susquehanna Bank. Every day my team members and I come in & setup our stations and equipment to prepare for our day. We have the mindset that proper preparation will set the tone for a fluid, organized day. The management team is extremely helpful to me, no matter the situation at hand. My co-workers work efficiently and are very outgoing and friendly. The hardest part of my job is when the branch is extremely busy and I have customers who need extensive assistance. I've learned that you have to handle one customer at a time, and give them your undivided attention while you're helping them. This is the quality service that every customer expects and deserves. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment after helping a customer with their needs, and knowing that they are satisfied.
Pros
Friendly staff, Banking experience, Face to face transactions
Cons
Short breaks
Productive nice company to work for.
Branch Operation Supervisor/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Susquehanna Bank and the people I worked with the incentive programs were nice . Susquehanna encouraged us to do good. The company was very customer oriented.
Pros
incentives
Cons
short staffed
Very good foundation
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDApril 14, 2015
I love working for Susquehanna Bank. They treat their employees well and give you the tools to advance in your career. A typical day includes bank audits, helping customer with their financial needs and leading the team with branch goals. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the ever changing banking world and getting qualified referrals for different financial partners.
Pros
experience
Cons
salary
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PaJune 5, 2015
All banks are becoming one in the same. Not really something I want to do anymore. The co workers I worked with are nice and the customers were the best part. I did not care for the management and long hours and that is the reason I left.
Good job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaSeptember 22, 2015
This job was a good job. I wish that the bank focused more on employees. I felt that I could make a career out of it if the pay was better.
One of the best work experiences ever!
Financial Services (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 18, 2013
I love working at Susquehanna! Everyone truly wants you to succeed here and people are generous in sharing knowledge and time. I have alot of autonomy to do my job and the company really invests in its people, at all levels.

Personally I feel that the compensation is higher elsewhere but the work environment and the quality of the company, employees and customer commitment are second to none!

I can't imagine working anywhere else. By the way, some of the info in previous posts are incorrect. Benefits are very affordable and we do rehire former employees in good standing.
Pros
culture of appreciation, respect, integrity and they trust yo uto do the job you were hired to do
Cons
compensation is a little on the low side but the job security, automony and positive atmosphere are worth it.
Fun + Stressful = This Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 7, 2015
After 2 years of working as a cashier/server, I can say I really do like my job. Meeting new people (besides the few rude drunk ones) is great! I love most of the people I work in my stand with. It's a busy, stressful at times, stay on your toes, type of job. Lines get VERY long, but if you're a hard worker, it's a piece of cake. We have a policy that we must remove all lids from water and Gatorade bottles. THIS IS A PAIN FOR BOTH THE CASHIERS AND THE CUSTOMERS. Having to repeatedly tell each and every guest, "I have to take your cap" and being asked the same question over and over, "WHY?!?" is insane. I wish they'd either get rid of this stupid rule, or at least, post signs telling customers of this rule.
Pros
Seeing concerts, great coworkers, fun environment, TIPS
Cons
Short breaks, being disrespected by customers, late hours.
Good Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 15, 2015
This is a great company that provides culinary experience and a good work environment for employees. It was a excellent work experience.
Great place to work!
Compliance Officer/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Susquehanna was a community oriented bank that had a great reputation for taking care of it's customers and employees.
I worked with an extraordinary team
Senior Vice President- Loan Workout Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 9, 2015
I am manager of a Loan Workout Recovery Group that has been very challenging over the last few years. Our Team covers problem loans in Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and West Virginia. We learned about the specific laws regarding judgment and foreclosure processes in these states. I worked with an extraordinary group of individuals and we reduced overall delinquency for our bank in our collection efforts and Note Sales. The hardest part of my job is the number of credits that had to be worked on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is my crew and fellow teammates.
Pros
I am not micro managed.
Cons
Challening times due to the downturn of the economy.
Unfriendly work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PANovember 22, 2015
I was not happy working here after Patriot bank was bought by Susquehanna bank. The seemed very cold and unfriendly to the existing staff and replaced many with their own staff and made many changes to the customers accounts which caused many customers to leave the bank.
Fine for a small bank.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 28, 2014
I've worked here for a while, it's been a good experience overall. They've recently begun trying to expand, though they offer nothing new or competitive by any other major bank standards.

The biggest problem is they are getting stricter goals and harsher more aggressive upper management, while our customer base is being chased away as it gets rid of it's homey bank feeling.

No more free coffee, or sandwiches offered monthly to customers, and without friendliness, this bank offers nothing at all compared to other banks with more locations and better hours.
Pros
good people to work with in branches
Cons
forced advancement, yet not good pay at all to be forced to be promoted.
Poor Management And even Worse Employee Relations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Intercourse, PAOctober 28, 2013
After working for a company for over 5 years one would come to expect job security and a sense of appreciation. But neither of these is true. Management has no appreciation for their staff and they certainly do not stand behind their employees. There is a huge rift between upper level management and the "frontline" customer service representatives.

They also do not compensate fairly, it does not matter who does the work if you are a teller or customer service representative you will get treated like a peon and paid like one as well!
Pros
great customers
Cons
negative environment, lack of appreciation, low compensation
Productive, keeping up with all rules and regulations of mortgage lending
Senior Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 29, 2015
Susquehanna is a community bank, and believes in giving back to the community, with good service, and many fund raisers. The co-workers are more like family.
Great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Garden BranchAugust 10, 2015
Loved the people that I worked with they were all very helped full. We all helped with getting everything together for the day and get our shipment ready for that week. Management was great with getting us informantion when we needed it.
Enjoyable place to work
Loan Services Specialist, III (Current Employee) –  Maugansville, MDJune 14, 2015
Have experienced a very busy workload, have learned to budget my time to complete the processes in a timely manner. Get along well with my co-workers and the hardest part is concentrating on my work when there is a lot of chatter among employees.
Pros
Good benefits, etc.
Cons
Being laid off due the merger of the bank and BB&T, the backoffice jobs at the loan center are being retained.
Fun place to work
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 12, 2015
It was a blind side to get hired in May then notified of the buy out in November the same year after passing up two other job offers.