susquehanna bank

susquehanna bank Employer Reviews

Not enough buck for the job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Millersburg, PAMarch 13, 2015
All the work is put on the bank tellers, but no real direction is given.
Trying to tell bank customers what to do with their money was not for me.
Good benefits and great management
Admin. Coordinator/ Post Closer/ Loan Servicer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2015
Enjoyed to work here, love the fast pace and challenges.
developed a lot of skills which helped me to review loans for accuracyand completeness.
High-paced working environment with a focus on serving financial needs of customers and local businesses
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), Hagerstown MDMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunces at times
Cons: short breaks
Upon arriving at work business deposits are completed from the night drop until current customers arrive. During the day customers financial needs are met from wiring money to cashing a check to printing out statements. Building positive relationships with customers and business owners has always been a joy of mine while at work. The familiarity of the customers makes meeting their needs easier. Sometimes demands can become overwhelming from customers and when our best effort still isn't enough this can become the hardest part of the job to be done.
I love my job
Faciltiies (Current Employee), 17327March 6, 2015
Pros: the people
Great company to work for, if they had not sold to BB&T I would have stayed forever. They always treated me with respect and overall just a great place to work. People are some of the best I have ever meet.
Productive workplace
Regional Retail Sales Strategist (Current Employee), Jenkintown,422 corridor and Lehigh ValleyMarch 5, 2015
As a sales strategist I support the retail executive's region, my role is primarily sale support to the region I work with. My region spans from Jenkintown to Walnutport. I also support my region with there marketing events and handle all sponsorship requests.
Fun and challenging
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lititz, PAFebruary 21, 2015
At the start of each day I make sure I have all programs that I need opened and ready to take calls. I am able to take and log calls accordingly and providing follow up with customers when needed. During my time at Susquehanna I have become better at multi-tasking and working independently.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: advancement oppertunitiees
a typical day involves 60 to 100 transactions. best part about this job is that there is always something that needs to be done to keep me busy. I have learned to to better my customer service skills towards a customer and how to better sell products.
Productive and Fast-Paced Environment
EFT/Corporate Services Manager (Current Employee), Lititz, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great people with excellent teamwork.
Cons: increasing healthcare costs.
I currently work with ACH, Wires, and Account Analysis. These are very busy departments where accuracy, hard work, and attention to detail is critical. There is a tremendous staff that works very well together and are always willing to help each other out.
Up to the manager
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 20, 2015
You get what you get at WHBM. Its a sales job and there are goals to meet. You get a nice discount on the clothes. The job satisfaction has everything to do with your manager.
Productive with an emphasis on training
Commercial Credit Analyst III (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 8, 2014
I found I really developed valuable credit skills at Susquehanna that would benefit me in my career.
Merger just announced with BB&T Bank so culture will change
Commercial Portfolio Manager III (Current Employee), Blue Ball, PANovember 18, 2014
Merger just announced with BB&T Bank so culture will change
Great group of people to work with
CSR (Former Employee), Lititz, PAOctober 6, 2014
Susquehanna was a great place to work with great benefits. The people were enjoyable and fun. The management could use some work. Particularly in the branches. While there are great leaders they aren't in the right locations. Certain people belong closer to the city while others should be in the more conservative locations. Promoting with in can be a difficulty. It all comes down to who your manager is. Everyone is easy to talk with and get to know. The pay is alright.
Fast paced
Teller/ Customer service (Current Employee), Audubon, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Hard work, good people. I liked it and I learned a lot. it is very busy and a lot of work. the hours are good and the company is good.
My daily job duties
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDAugust 7, 2014
Complete deposits and transactions
Complete schedule requests
Prove vault and ATM
Manage employees/branch
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Blue Ball PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: sitting all day at a desk
Work consisted of taking customer calls during your 8 hour shift. I learned a lot of information about different checking accounts, savings accounts, IRA's, CD's, and benefits of each. I assisted customers with concerns/questions regarding their accounts.
Fast Paced work place with 100% Customer Service
Customer and Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Manchester, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: pto and upto
Cons: healthcare was very expensive there
A typical Day would be opening the branch and doing night deposits and ATM Deposits. We would then conduct transactions all day, as well as I would help to open and maintenance accounts. It was always all about teamwork with this job, which made things run smoothly. There were times that you do have moments where you are of course working independantly however most of the time we worked as a team. My Co- Workers are all very helpful and caring people. The hardest part of the job would have been not knowing the answer for an angry or upset customer but there was always someone that we could go to or call for help if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers leaving happy or with new knowledge. We tried to get them into products that could really help them not just because they qualified for them.
Great job opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Millville, NJApril 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, community volunteering, employee discounts, & incentives
Cons: n/a
Steady work pace. Susquehanna provides an informal 2 week training, plus provides classes to learn more. Management carries their selves in a professional manor. Depending on the market place referral goals may become harder to achieve. Co workers become like family.
great team and leadership
Branch Manager III/Business - Vice President (Former Employee), Ardmore, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: pay, balance, benefits, teamwork
Cons: advancement, rates on products
Susquehanna Bank is a great bank that has foresight. I enjoyed the autonomy I was given to excel and enjoyed the senior leadership team
The Worst Place To Ever Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), MarylandJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: lack of humidity management and human resources
Susquehanna Bank Is the worst place I have ever worked and I have been working since I was 14 years old. I m now 23 and the management staff is well over 40. They have put myself as well as other tellers down about the position that we hold with Susquehanna. They are very unprofessional, they talk about the tellers weight and speck badly about the staff to the customers. The managers also steal the tellers referrals when they create cross selling opportunities.The branch manager and the branch operational supervisor creates a separation within the branch amongst the tellers and them selves by constantly bulling who they call "The Lower Paid". The management staff holds the tellers back and will not coach or lead them in the right direction. They have had me in tears for the last year of working with Susquehanna and I pray that this nightmare would end. I am a hard worker and I came to Susquehanna with a lot of skills ,confidents and drive. I am trying to get out before I am completely broken. humidity
Fine for a small bank.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Media, PAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good people to work with in branches
Cons: forced advancement, yet not good pay at all to be forced to be promoted.
I've worked here for a while, it's been a good experience overall. They've recently begun trying to expand, though they offer nothing new or competitive by any other major bank standards.

The biggest problem is they are getting stricter goals and harsher more aggressive upper management, while our customer base is being chased away as it gets rid of it's homey bank feeling.

No more free coffee, or sandwiches offered monthly to customers, and without friendliness, this bank offers nothing at all compared to other banks with more locations and better hours.

About susquehanna bank

Susquehanna Bancshares, which bears the name of┬áthe river that flows through the heart of its┬ámarket area, is the holding company – Read more

susquehanna bank Salaries