susquehanna bank Employee Reviews

great
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 14, 2015
I have only worked here for a short amount of time it has been great and I've enjoyed it. Banking is a new field to me and this company has really taken the time to help expand my knowledge and skills.
Great place
Teller (Former Employee), New Garden BranchAugust 10, 2015
Loved the people that I worked with they were all very helped full. We all helped with getting everything together for the day and get our shipment ready for that week. Management was great with getting us informantion when we needed it.
Great Place to work Little advancement
Teller I (Current Employee), Cumberland, MDJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work a company that truely cares about employees. Merging has caused unhappy work environment that I was unhappy with
Susquehanna Bank
Customer Service Representative, Teller (Current Employee), Pikesville, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, Banking experience, Face to face transactions
Cons: Short breaks
I've enjoyed my employment with Susquehanna Bank. Every day my team members and I come in & setup our stations and equipment to prepare for our day. We have the mindset that proper preparation will set the tone for a fluid, organized day. The management team is extremely helpful to me, no matter the situation at hand. My co-workers work efficiently and are very outgoing and friendly. The hardest part – more... of my job is when the branch is extremely busy and I have customers who need extensive assistance. I've learned that you have to handle one customer at a time, and give them your undivided attention while you're helping them. This is the quality service that every customer expects and deserves. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment after helping a customer with their needs, and knowing that they are satisfied. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Loan Services Specialist, III (Current Employee), Maugansville, MDJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, etc.
Cons: Being laid off due the merger of the bank and BB&T, the backoffice jobs at the loan center are being retained.
Have experienced a very busy workload, have learned to budget my time to complete the processes in a timely manner. Get along well with my co-workers and the hardest part is concentrating on my work when there is a lot of chatter among employees.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PaJune 5, 2015
All banks are becoming one in the same. Not really something I want to do anymore. The co workers I worked with are nice and the customers were the best part. I did not care for the management and long hours and that is the reason I left.
management is not good and not a fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Shamokin, PAJune 3, 2015
management is always negative you have to be a favorite to get ahead in the branch or stuck being a teller. can't say anything about how stuff is done or you will get in trouble
culture
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDMay 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not flexible
I feel like the people holding management positions were not open to change. They felt like things had to be done their way without any room for someone else's ways.
best company I have worked for
Mortgage Loan Administrator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 2, 2015
I have loved my job with Susquehanna Bank. I have been with them for 15 years and would not be seeking other employment now if it was not for a merger with BB&T bank that is leaving me without a position. The management is wonderful and my coworkers are exceptional. I enjoy going to work each day and love the job I do.
Productive, keeping up with all rules and regulations of mortgage lending
Senior Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee), York, PAApril 29, 2015
Susquehanna is a community bank, and believes in giving back to the community, with good service, and many fund raisers. The co-workers are more like family.
Worst Work Experience of My Life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Everett, PAApril 19, 2015
Pros: The commercial lending team was amazing and are still great friends to this day.
Cons: Basically everything else.
This is, without a doubt, the worst company for which I've had the displeasure of working. Far too much emphasis is placed on sales and driving up numbers than actual customer service. All forms of management are an absolute joke; they treat the majority of their staff extremely poorly and are unapproachable to both employees and customers. There is an apparent hatred from the retail lending employees – more... of the commercial lending employees; the retail side will often withhold information and refuse to comply with the commercial side. Tellers are talked down to and ridiculed for just about every petty reason possible, from weight to religious views to taste in music and everything in between. Favorite employees are placed on a high pedestal; my head teller (who was semi-recently relocated to the head teller position at the Breezewood branch) and her minion would often attend church together so they could spend their time bad-mouthing other employees. I would rather slave away at a Dixie Stop for minimum wage than ever return to this company. – less
Associate Counsel, Commercial Lending (Current Employee), Malvern, PAApril 15, 2015
Susquehanna Bank is a good place to work. Merger with BB&T has created some uncertainty with regard to job security for many.
Very good foundation
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Reisterstown, MDApril 14, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: salary
I love working for Susquehanna Bank. They treat their employees well and give you the tools to advance in your career. A typical day includes bank audits, helping customer with their financial needs and leading the team with branch goals. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the ever changing banking world and getting qualified referrals for different financial partners.
ok
Credit Analyst- C&I Commercial Lending (Former Employee), Camden, NJApril 5, 2015
ok place to work for. work to life balance not great. always excepting to work more. Management was ok. employees were nice to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mulch hill njMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work. Also hours were great, people their were wonderful. Loved this job. Customers were friendly. Bank around the corner from my house
Not enough buck for the job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Millersburg, PAMarch 13, 2015
All the work is put on the bank tellers, but no real direction is given.
Trying to tell bank customers what to do with their money was not for me.
Good benefits and great management
Admin. Coordinator/ Post Closer/ Loan Servicer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2015
Enjoyed to work here, love the fast pace and challenges.
developed a lot of skills which helped me to review loans for accuracyand completeness.
High-paced working environment with a focus on serving financial needs of customers and local businesses
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), Hagerstown MDMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunces at times
Cons: short breaks
Upon arriving at work business deposits are completed from the night drop until current customers arrive. During the day customers financial needs are met from wiring money to cashing a check to printing out statements. Building positive relationships with customers and business owners has always been a joy of mine while at work. The familiarity of the customers makes meeting their needs easier. Sometimes demands can become overwhelming from customers and when our best effort still isn't enough this can become the hardest part of the job to be done.
I love my job
Faciltiies (Current Employee), 17327March 6, 2015
Pros: the people
Great company to work for, if they had not sold to BB&T I would have stayed forever. They always treated me with respect and overall just a great place to work. People are some of the best I have ever meet.
Productive workplace
Regional Retail Sales Strategist (Current Employee), Jenkintown,422 corridor and Lehigh ValleyMarch 5, 2015
As a sales strategist I support the retail executive's region, my role is primarily sale support to the region I work with. My region spans from Jenkintown to Walnutport. I also support my region with there marketing events and handle all sponsorship requests.