Susquehanna Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Free concert the day/night you work after the gate closes
Ticket Taker/Usher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 7, 2016
Ticket taking was a little skeptical because there's always drunk people coming through the gate to see the show, people try to slip by you and get in for free, etc. But security was very tight and the management was good for customers.
As far as for employee's, it's not well managed. For seasonal people, you got to pick and choose what concerts you would like to work and what position. You would get an email/text confirming that you would work. Some people would get the message, some people wouldn't, you had to write on a piece of paper as your clock in and clock out time sheet. We had to share shirts that didn't smell like they were washed after they were worn, and you would be lucky if they still had your size available.
Pros
Free concerts, got to pick when you wanted to work
Cons
crazy drunk people, unprofessional work scheduling
Great emplyoees
Customer service representative (teller) (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 16, 2016
The customers that came in where in all very nice. the employee where fun to work with, the raise were not great at all. the company no longer exists
Productive workplace
Legal & Reporting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJune 13, 2016
Exciting place to work, with plenty of growth opportunity. Mostly great management, that always encouraged you to be your best and gave plenty of support to advance.
Pros
Great benefits, incentives and hours
A Professional Atmosphere with Very Friendly People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2016
The thing that I found most beneficial was that the employees were caring and friendly. In many departments, employees knew each other as well as their own family members. Opportunities were plentiful.
Pros
Flexibility and job opportunities
Cons
Too many bank mergers
Productive nice company to work for.
Branch Operation Supervisor/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Susquehanna Bank and the people I worked with the incentive programs were nice . Susquehanna encouraged us to do good. The company was very customer oriented.
Pros
incentives
Cons
short staffed
This is a required review
Sr. Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 18, 2016
My responsibilities and the processes that I worked on changed about every three years. This turned out to be challenging, interesting, and rewarding. Auditing is very similar. You have to walk into a new department and become an instant expert in order to evaluate their operations and offer corrective action and suggestions for improvement.
Great place to work!
Compliance Officer/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Susquehanna was a community oriented bank that had a great reputation for taking care of it's customers and employees.
great place to work with the other associates and management team
Mortgage Closer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I learned a lot while working for Susquehanna Bank. In the Closing Dept. I learned to close the different types of loan from PFHA to construction and picked up the training quickly. My errors were few and I was able to handle a large pipeline of 60 file a month. My supervisor would rely on me to do the last minute files that needs to have the paperwork at the table within a few hours. I work well under pressure.

Hardest part I found about the job I found to be was all the jumping through hoops to get all the correct information to be able to do my job with little hassle

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship that all the employees had, it was like one huge family. I also loved getting the thank you e-mails from the Loan Officers that the closing went well and every one was happy.
Pros
co-workers, pot luck luncheons
Cons
loosing the job that I loved to do.
Good Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 15, 2015
This is a great company that provides culinary experience and a good work environment for employees. It was a excellent work experience.
Over all good place to work for 17 years
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PANovember 24, 2015
Very nice and safe environment to work for. Management was really good in my department. Everybody got along together. I learned how to get my work done with accuracy.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
healthcare

Want to know more about Susquehanna Bank?

Ask a question
Unfriendly work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PANovember 22, 2015
I was not happy working here after Patriot bank was bought by Susquehanna bank. The seemed very cold and unfriendly to the existing staff and replaced many with their own staff and made many changes to the customers accounts which caused many customers to leave the bank.
Fun place to work
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 12, 2015
It was a blind side to get hired in May then notified of the buy out in November the same year after passing up two other job offers.
Out of a Job
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 13, 2015
Susquehanna Bank was acquired by BB&T, effective change over to take place on or about November 9, 2015. There is no facilities department with the new bank so my services are no longer needed.
Good job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaSeptember 22, 2015
This job was a good job. I wish that the bank focused more on employees. I felt that I could make a career out of it if the pay was better.
Excellant
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richwood, NJSeptember 2, 2015
Engaged Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs. Educated Customers about bank products and services.
BBT/Susquehanna Bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 16, 2015
I enjoy working for BBT/Susquehanna Bank. My co-workers are very Team oriented and we help each other to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
great
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 14, 2015
I have only worked here for a short amount of time it has been great and I've enjoyed it. Banking is a new field to me and this company has really taken the time to help expand my knowledge and skills.
Great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Garden BranchAugust 10, 2015
Loved the people that I worked with they were all very helped full. We all helped with getting everything together for the day and get our shipment ready for that week. Management was great with getting us informantion when we needed it.
I worked with an extraordinary team
Senior Vice President- Loan Workout Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 9, 2015
I am manager of a Loan Workout Recovery Group that has been very challenging over the last few years. Our Team covers problem loans in Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and West Virginia. We learned about the specific laws regarding judgment and foreclosure processes in these states. I worked with an extraordinary group of individuals and we reduced overall delinquency for our bank in our collection efforts and Note Sales. The hardest part of my job is the number of credits that had to be worked on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is my crew and fellow teammates.
Pros
I am not micro managed.
Cons
Challening times due to the downturn of the economy.
Fun + Stressful = This Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 7, 2015
After 2 years of working as a cashier/server, I can say I really do like my job. Meeting new people (besides the few rude drunk ones) is great! I love most of the people I work in my stand with. It's a busy, stressful at times, stay on your toes, type of job. Lines get VERY long, but if you're a hard worker, it's a piece of cake. We have a policy that we must remove all lids from water and Gatorade bottles. THIS IS A PAIN FOR BOTH THE CASHIERS AND THE CUSTOMERS. Having to repeatedly tell each and every guest, "I have to take your cap" and being asked the same question over and over, "WHY?!?" is insane. I wish they'd either get rid of this stupid rule, or at least, post signs telling customers of this rule.
Pros
Seeing concerts, great coworkers, fun environment, TIPS
Cons
Short breaks, being disrespected by customers, late hours.