Susquehanna Health

Susquehanna Health Employer Reviews

No Employee Appreciation
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 19, 2014
They do not appreciate great employees when they have them. They have no employee appreciation benefits in place. When employees go out of their way to do good deeds their great work goes unrecognized.
Great place to start an IT career
Network Security Engineer/Team Leader (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAMarch 12, 2014
Great place to start an IT career. Flexible for personal needs and many chances to learn and grow as a professional.
Its a good fall back
Pre Hospital Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Its just ok. For a part time job I don't get wrapped up into all of what is going on. The full time staff never seems to have anything nice to say and gets to be an stressful environment to work in.
Fast paced and kept me on my toes
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Williamsport, PANovember 9, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: never knew if i'd get a lunch break if we were busy
Overall this was a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed their values, and caring for patients.
Awful-
RN (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAOctober 27, 2013
Cons: too many to write
I am a former RN that worked for SHS- management was awful. Too many managers- not enough staff. Treated patients poorly. All the floor nurses were out to get each other. Outdated equipment.
Fast-paced environment
LEAD TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: employees are like 'family.'
Cons: job insecurity
Main focus has been increasing productivity while decreasing cost.
blah blah blah
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJuly 15, 2013
great organization, lack of culture, lack of common sense, heavy tense place...i'd met great people there BUT i'll never work there again....
Don't make it your life's work : /
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Williamsport Hospital & Divine ProvidanceMay 1, 2013
Pros: there are some really good dedicated employee's to work with.
Cons: lot's of management issues & dwindling benefit's
It's a dead end place for most clerk level employee's even if you have a college degree. The management is typical, incompetent lazy and without any regard for the department & people their in charge of. I really never saw my manager much in the over four years I worked as a supply clerk and he left a lot of his responsiblity's to "team leaders"
which – more... is what they replaced a competant supervisor with.
A typical day is depending on what shift you worked was getting supplies from point A to point B basically which involved a lot of un necessary head aches and wasted time. The work cell I had on me the whole shift involved a lot nuisance calls from people who didn't know who they needed to talk to and they didn't know exactly what they wanted. Meanwhile a lot the customers you needed to take care weren't getting their supplies in a timely manner. This get's you in trouble even though you're handling things the best you can on your own. The benefits are pretty non existent anymore, I was working full time with health insurance but they began to bring in part-time in employees while firing full time ones. If ya need a part time gig for a little while it's ok, but don't make it your life's work. – less
Great experience
Registered Nurse, ER (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 1, 2013
Benefits are great. Increase in compensation occurred quickly. Very supportive of personal life tragedies. Great team environment.
Great experience
Registered Nurse, ER (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 1, 2013
poor work environment; dissatisfied employees
executive (Former Employee), williamsport paMarch 30, 2013
Cons: "c" suite executives that play good ole boy games, poor leadership toward future growth and benefit to the williamsport community, entire top management team needs to be replaced
Position eliminations have lead to poor work distrubition; unhappy staff; dictatorial leadership of nursing staff; outdated practices; high infection rates; poor patient care.
Susquehanna Health
Radiographer Intern (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: tons of experience
Cons: not the most pleasant staff.
A typical day is extremely busy. I learned how to properly position patients for x-rays.
fast paced enviroment...nice atmosphere.
Maintenance Utility Worker (Former Employee), Williamsport, PADecember 29, 2012
Pros: decent lunch break..nice co workers..
Cons: bad management..poor communication..not enough hours in a week.
i worked from 7 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. i did basic floor care which consisted of burnishing patients rooms,and shampooing carpets.Plus i also dry mopped and swept the stairwells. i worked out in the autoclave as well. i had to dispose of trash and hazardous waste.i had to cook it first and put it in the grinder to dispose of it.
Wow.....
RN- and no, I am not a "service partner" (Former Employee), WilliamsportDecember 5, 2012
Pros: not one thing
Cons: no breaks, running around huge units looking for things, no continuity, horrible benefits, outdated in nursing and medical practice.....i could go on and on.
Because that is all I can say. Started working for this hospital, and it is so top heavy with management, absolutely no continuity of care for the patients, preaches Catholic values but shows none,,,,,,the medical benefits are terrible, vacation time is a joke, orientation is a nightmare. At this moment, I have not one nice thing to say about this hospital. – more... they are 20 years behind the times in nursing care, they are a group of just nasty people who have no idea what they are talking about, and when I try to correct their misconceptions they look at me like I'm nuts. Scary, scary bad. – less
overall a fun and caring place to work.
Endoscopy Department Technician (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: receiving the satisfaction of helping to improve patient care.
Cons: poor communication
A typical day at work entails dealing with patients and medical staff working as a team to ensure overall healthy and postive life skills. everyone works together to gain the best postive outlook in any situation.
Doesn't care about employees!!!
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJuly 3, 2012
Susquehanna Health is more concerned with competing with Geisinger than they are about providing a positive workplace where employees are treated well and in turn, want to provide good care to patients. The corporate staff is incredibly top heavy and the first to point fingers and start cutting the little guys to keep their big salaries. Their CEO was – more... determined to build an overblown new facility, even though he knew they couldn't afford it and would have to cut jobs as a result. – less
LPN (Former Employee), Muncy, PAMay 13, 2012
Overall my experience as an LPN for Susquehanna Health was good. The administrative staff were wonderful with working around my school schedule. A lot of my co-workers were friendly and very helpful with getting me use to the routine. This is a great company to work for.
Great place to work, great staff
Safety and Security (Former Employee), Willaimsport, PAMay 8, 2012
Pros: peaceful, easy to learn, positive teamwork
Cons: little to no breaks
Very relaxing jobs, little stress. Co-workers very responsive to your needs
Hospital in survival mode
RN (Former Employee), Williamsport PAFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: in center of town, on bus route. competitive salary scale for area
Cons: no meals, no breaks, short staffing, abusive work environment, unfair problem-solving techniques
Susquehanna Health is trying to run a hospital on a shoestring. Nurses have too many patients per nurse, equipment is cheap, in ill-repair or non-existent. Staff are transferred to areas where they are not skilled and secretaries are used to sit with confused and/or violent patients. Anxillary staff are "on call" so emergencies have to wait till they – more... are called in to run tests or until they run from one hospital to another. Nurses are mandated because there are so many with FMLA's, maternity leaves or sick leaves so all the shifts are understaffed. Management is not fair in labor disputes; they seem to have their minds made up before they hear all the facts. – less