Susquehanna Health Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAOctober 20, 2017
Employees are good to work with. Management is not good. No communication between management and employees. Does not work well with your schedule. Not flexible at all. Pay rate is low for the stress you go through
Pros
Set schedule
nice place to work
Housekeeping and Laundry Dept (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PASeptember 20, 2017
nice place to work/ all tho it is a faced paced stressfull job, I like working in those conditions. they have generous pto time, sick time, medical ins.
Pros
alot
Cons
pay
Fist relocation job
ICU and ER. As a travel and staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 30, 2017
This was the first hospital that I worked at after relocating to Pennsylvania. It was also the first hospital I took as a travel assignment. I liked it so much I stayed on as staff
Pros
Welcoming staff
Cons
long way from Ky
Good hours and pay
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 18, 2017
I liked the hours and the patients. I enjoyed my position and the work I did. It was flexible and my co-workers were caring and understanding. I gained experience and responsibility.
Pros
Compassionate care
Review
LPN (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 14, 2017
I would have between 4 to 9 rehab patients. I gave them their meds and would do all of their teaching along with the family teaching. I was also responsible for all of their daily care. There was to many bosses on the unit, I felt, and they would not talk to each other. That made it very stressful. One would tell you one thing then the other would come along and tell you to do it a different way. The hardest part of my job was the lack of teamwork. When a unit does not strive to work together the patient is the one that suffers the most. The thing I loved the most was taking my patient from one stage of impairment and taking them to the next level and watching them improve daily.
Pros
helping paitents get to go home
Cons
lack of team work, to many supervisors not enough help on unit
Not for the faint of heart...
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 3, 2017
I've worked for Susquehanna Health full-time for a little over 2yrs now, first as a unit clerk then an office assistant. I've learned a lot while working here however it is a fast paced, highly stressful environment due to being under-staffed and overworked. Be prepared to not get a lunch break, often you can't find someone to cover for you.

Management (with a few exceptions) is disconnected with their employees. They don't seem to know or acknowledge what all the job entails so they just keep adding to your workload.

If you are a nurse fresh out of college and need experience this is a good stepping stone. There is a high turn over rate so they are always offering bonuses and extra pay for overtime hrs. Just be aware, the staff (coworkers, management and physicians) tend to be blunt and impatient. However there are still some dedicated and hardworking nurses here that will support and help you while you learn the ropes.
Pros
gain experiance, work with some great coworkers
Cons
VERY stressful work environment, no lunch break, poor management
Susquehanna Health now UPMC Williamsport
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 26, 2017
Had to handle all help desk tickets with medical and office staff. This job required me to learn a lot of different departments and their software. It was a very stressful job and required me to deal with difficult situations. They were fair to me, however we could have gotten better pay and benefits. Since this position required being on-call, you had to plan your life around it which isn't optimum.
Pros
Good for resume, had to learn a lot
Cons
on-call, benefits, stress
I performed 8-10 echoes a day.
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 24, 2017
I love taking care of patients. While doing echoes, I was able to help them without hurting them.
I also prepared information on the computer and doing calculations for the cardiologist to make the diagnosis.
Great Management
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAJune 27, 2017
I work throughout the summer as a Recreational Aide with children and I loved it. Every thing was well put together and organized. Anything we need, or were concerned about, they handled it very well. I would work for Susquehanna again in the future.
Management is conniving
LPN (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 8, 2017
I enjoy my supervisor and most of my coworkers. I worked for four amazing doctors but when it comes to management and fair treatment I don't recommend it. They claim you get paid holidays and sick time but it's a lie. They make you use your vacation time that you earn. You can't use any if the dashing term disability or FMLA until you're out of your accrued vacation time. My manager discriminated against me because I was the only one who is childless. There was a terrible snow storm and she said that I should be going into the office because I don't have kids. She accused me of things I did not do and accused me of lying when I was being honest.
Cons
You don't get paid holidays or sick time
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for SHS. I worked at Muncy and had the early shift. I enjoyed coming in early. I had a lot of patients that loved to come see me for their lab work. This was very rewarding. I loved my job and I enjoyed all the girls I worked with.
Great company to work for
Data Integrity Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 4, 2017
I've worked for the health system for over 10 years. It has a lot of opportunity for the right individuals. Overall, it's a great place to get your foot in the door.
Work review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMarch 29, 2017
Working as a CNA is a tough job mentally and physically but I enjoyed helping residents. Staffing is always an issue when it comes to skilled nursing so that's not any different then any other location, I enjoyed working with my co workers.
Strenuous
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 24, 2017
There were minor issues with serving in the military and possibly being deployed for 2-4 months. The struggle was to keep the position that I currently worked. Being told that I would possibly be moved around.
Yet, there is a wonderful career advancement tool for tuition assistance. Definitely great to look at.
bingo
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  282 Riverside Dr Johnson city NY,13790February 16, 2017
my profession is vocational, i like doing what i'm doing , since i get these jobs , i enjoyed them. Because taking care of people is my passion.

Sometimes , i get hard time doing my work , not because of the residents, like i know there is good time or bad time , However, i do care of all at any time.
The most enjoble part of the is when i look at my residents cleaned up and partipated on all activities i had on my agenda.
Little place for advancement at SNU
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skilled Nursing UnitOctober 31, 2016
Skilled nursing units base pay is slightly above average. Their raise system leaves you trailing other facilities in a few years but over time is always aviable
Pros
Schedule are out pretty far in advance, every other weekend off
Cons
Short staff leads to stressful work environment and back biting
Very demanding, fast paced work.
Central Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 14, 2016
I was responsible for answering at least 80 phone calls a day while following specific guidelines for answering the phone for each doctor office.
Look elsewhere for a Medical assistant position
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duboistown, PASeptember 12, 2016
The management is terrible and they don't care to hear your concerns. The providers for the most part are great however most don't stick around too long. Short staffed, no open door policy and a lot of double standards!! Don't waste your time
Pros
The patients were nice
Cons
Management, paid benefits were minimal
Coworkers worked well together
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 9, 2016
I loved going to work and working with my coworkers. We cared and appreciated our patients. We did continuing education yearly.
Pros
Doctor was very knowledgable.
Cons
Changing computer systems.
Susquehanna Health
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 18, 2016
You never know what a typical day is going to be like only because it is an emergency room. I have learned many things especially critical care such as cardiac arrest patients, and other severe cases such as gun shot victims. I have improved on my blood drawing skills as well along with vitals.
Management is a little shortcoming in how they perform their job and very quick to judge. The hardest part of the job is trying to calm down angry patients due to wait time or even lending an ear because they do not agree with what the doctor might say.The most enjoyable part of the job is the other techs and the RN's
Pros
when patients leave feeling better
Cons
not getting breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Susquehanna Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8