Susquehanna Health

Susquehanna Health United States Employee Reviews

absolutely horrible!!
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAMarch 1, 2015
Cons: people don't do their jobs
Where do I begin? If your not bosses pet or part of the click don't apply! People get bullied there. Management sucks and they don't care about you! People go in high and drunk And yes management knows about it and won't do anything about it. People go in and talk about their drunken stories and how many guys they can sleep with by the end of the week! Men can't work there because the woman fight over them....um we are there to work not to hook up! Instruments get back to the OR sterilized but when opened some where found dirty! Some things aren't clean or sterilized properly! The stress is horrible there! On a day to day basis you go home with chest pains and anxiety! It's not worth it! I could go on and on but I'm stressing out now just talking about that department!
Terrible place to work
Sterile processing technician (Former Employee), Williamsport,paFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: short to no breaks, hostile work enviroment
Certain departments do not want men working with them since they are all females. Human resources is terrible don't get all facts and don't consider any evidence. Employees are not very friendly. Employees always dumping their work off on anybody they can
how to get experience?
applicant for a career (Former Employee), wiiliamsport/wellsboroJanuary 1, 2015
If applying to this so called wonderful establishment all you get is not enough experience. I have been in the medical field prehospital for over 16 years and now that I went to college to get my degree in medical records and insurance billing I do not have enough experience well that just tells me they don't know what they want because wouldn't it be easier to train someone who has no experience and would do it their way instead of the someone else's way?
Excellent Cardiology group constantly teaching and educating their techs.
Echo Technologist (Former Employee), Williamsport, PADecember 12, 2014
The physicians were every caring, considerate, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Their affiliation with Cleveland Clinic elevated their abilty to improve care and get further assistance when needed.
bad place for physicians
physician (Former Employee), williamsportApril 20, 2014
Unprofessional treatment of physicians. If you are considering ,please consider another place as you will be sorry when you get there.
No Employee Appreciation
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 19, 2014
They do not appreciate great employees when they have them. They have no employee appreciation benefits in place. When employees go out of their way to do good deeds their great work goes unrecognized.
Great place to start an IT career
Network Security Engineer/Team Leader (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAMarch 12, 2014
Great place to start an IT career. Flexible for personal needs and many chances to learn and grow as a professional.
Its a good fall back
Pre Hospital Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Its just ok. For a part time job I don't get wrapped up into all of what is going on. The full time staff never seems to have anything nice to say and gets to be an stressful environment to work in.
Fast paced and kept me on my toes
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Williamsport, PANovember 9, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: never knew if i'd get a lunch break if we were busy
Overall this was a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed their values, and caring for patients.
Awful-
RN (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAOctober 27, 2013
Cons: too many to write
I am a former RN that worked for SHS- management was awful. Too many managers- not enough staff. Treated patients poorly. All the floor nurses were out to get each other. Outdated equipment.
Fast-paced environment
LEAD TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: employees are like 'family.'
Cons: job insecurity
Main focus has been increasing productivity while decreasing cost.
blah blah blah
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJuly 15, 2013
great organization, lack of culture, lack of common sense, heavy tense place...i'd met great people there BUT i'll never work there again....
Don't make it your life's work : /
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Williamsport Hospital & Divine ProvidanceMay 1, 2013
Pros: there are some really good dedicated employee's to work with.
Cons: lot's of management issues & dwindling benefit's
It's a dead end place for most clerk level employee's even if you have a college degree. The management is typical, incompetent lazy and without any regard for the department & people their in charge of. I really never saw my manager much in the over four years I worked as a supply clerk and he left a lot of his responsiblity's to "team leaders"
which is what they replaced a competant supervisor with.
A typical day is depending on what shift you worked was getting supplies from point A to point B basically which involved a lot of un necessary head aches and wasted time. The work cell I had on me the whole shift involved a lot nuisance calls from people who didn't know who they needed to talk to and they didn't know exactly what they wanted. Meanwhile a lot the customers you needed to take care weren't getting their supplies in a timely manner. This get's you in trouble even though you're handling things the best you can on your own. The benefits are pretty non existent anymore, I was working full time with health insurance but they began to bring in part-time in employees while firing full time ones. If ya need a part time gig for a little while it's ok, but don't make it your life's work.
Great experience
Registered Nurse, ER (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 1, 2013
Benefits are great. Increase in compensation occurred quickly. Very supportive of personal life tragedies. Great team environment.
Great experience
Registered Nurse, ER (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAApril 1, 2013
poor work environment; dissatisfied employees
executive (Former Employee), williamsport paMarch 30, 2013
Cons: "c" suite executives that play good ole boy games, poor leadership toward future growth and benefit to the williamsport community, entire top management team needs to be replaced
Position eliminations have lead to poor work distrubition; unhappy staff; dictatorial leadership of nursing staff; outdated practices; high infection rates; poor patient care.
Susquehanna Health
Radiographer Intern (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: tons of experience
Cons: not the most pleasant staff.
A typical day is extremely busy. I learned how to properly position patients for x-rays.
fast paced enviroment...nice atmosphere.
Maintenance Utility Worker (Former Employee), Williamsport, PADecember 29, 2012
Pros: decent lunch break..nice co workers..
Cons: bad management..poor communication..not enough hours in a week.
i worked from 7 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. i did basic floor care which consisted of burnishing patients rooms,and shampooing carpets.Plus i also dry mopped and swept the stairwells. i worked out in the autoclave as well. i had to dispose of trash and hazardous waste.i had to cook it first and put it in the grinder to dispose of it.
Wow.....
RN- and no, I am not a "service partner" (Former Employee), WilliamsportDecember 5, 2012
Pros: not one thing
Cons: no breaks, running around huge units looking for things, no continuity, horrible benefits, outdated in nursing and medical practice.....i could go on and on.
Because that is all I can say. Started working for this hospital, and it is so top heavy with management, absolutely no continuity of care for the patients, preaches Catholic values but shows none,,,,,,the medical benefits are terrible, vacation time is a joke, orientation is a nightmare. At this moment, I have not one nice thing to say about this hospital. they are 20 years behind the times in nursing care, they are a group of just nasty people who have no idea what they are talking about, and when I try to correct their misconceptions they look at me like I'm nuts. Scary, scary bad.
overall a fun and caring place to work.
Endoscopy Department Technician (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: receiving the satisfaction of helping to improve patient care.
Cons: poor communication
A typical day at work entails dealing with patients and medical staff working as a team to ensure overall healthy and postive life skills. everyone works together to gain the best postive outlook in any situation.