Susquehanna Health Employee Reviews

bingo
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  282 Riverside Dr Johnson city NY,13790February 16, 2017
my profession is vocational, i like doing what i'm doing , since i get these jobs , i enjoyed them. Because taking care of people is my passion.

Sometimes , i get hard time doing my work , not because of the residents, like i know there is good time or bad time , However, i do care of all at any time.
The most enjoble part of the is when i look at my residents cleaned up and partipated on all activities i had on my agenda.
Little place for advancement at SNU
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skilled Nursing UnitOctober 31, 2016
Skilled nursing units base pay is slightly above average. Their raise system leaves you trailing other facilities in a few years but over time is always aviable
Pros
Schedule are out pretty far in advance, every other weekend off
Cons
Short staff leads to stressful work environment and back biting
Very demanding, fast paced work.
Central Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 14, 2016
I was responsible for answering at least 80 phone calls a day while following specific guidelines for answering the phone for each doctor office.
Look elsewhere for a Medical assistant position
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duboistown, PASeptember 12, 2016
The management is terrible and they don't care to hear your concerns. The providers for the most part are great however most don't stick around too long. Short staffed, no open door policy and a lot of double standards!! Don't waste your time
Pros
The patients were nice
Cons
Management, paid benefits were minimal
Coworkers worked well together
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 9, 2016
I loved going to work and working with my coworkers. We cared and appreciated our patients. We did continuing education yearly.
Pros
Doctor was very knowledgable.
Cons
Changing computer systems.
Susquehanna Health
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 18, 2016
You never know what a typical day is going to be like only because it is an emergency room. I have learned many things especially critical care such as cardiac arrest patients, and other severe cases such as gun shot victims. I have improved on my blood drawing skills as well along with vitals.
Management is a little shortcoming in how they perform their job and very quick to judge. The hardest part of the job is trying to calm down angry patients due to wait time or even lending an ear because they do not agree with what the doctor might say.The most enjoyable part of the job is the other techs and the RN's
Pros
when patients leave feeling better
Cons
not getting breaks
Loyalty only in one direction
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport Regional Medical CenterJanuary 25, 2016
Worked 15 years and my position was eliminated. duties were reassigned to Aramark. As I told VP who eliminated my position, Aramark now has on any given day at least three poorly trained people doing what I did alone and thay know lives depend on the job being done properly.. When I was let go I had gone 63 months without a vacation. Yes, thats SIXTYTHREE months! No unexcused absences in FIFTEEN years and my reward is to have my position eliminated. Loyalty is a oneway street with them.
Cons
No loyalty, management hasn't a clue, think Aramark can take over any position with no training
Productive and fun
Hospital and Physician Bill Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 4, 2016
The typical day would begin with logging into the telephones, and fielding calls from patients about their account balances or dealing with insurance companies on behalf of the patients.

The managers were strict but fun to be with they always were willing to assist us with accounts or how to deal with customers who not always so nice.

My co-workers were fun, but in this line of work we all had our own patients to deal with so their was not a lot of interaction.

the hardest part of this job was dealing with angry patients sometimes you get those patients that have less then stellar vocabulary. But, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients with their accounts.
Rewarding Work Place
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 11, 2015
A very pleasant and enjoyable place to work. A typical day at work included data entry, maintaining patient files, and general secretarial duties.
Wonderful place to work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Nurse Aide employed at SH. My experiences with SH encouraged me to continue my medical education and pursue a degree in physician assistant studies.
Pros
Team oriented, shift availability

Want to know more about Susquehanna Health?

Ask a question
Nurse Extender
Nurse Extender (Current Employee) –  N/AOctober 10, 2015
Assist patients
Loyalty, Confidence, trust
Prioritize
The BEST!!
Losing patients to death.
Great Co-workers and grateful patients.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits, Confidence, making a difference.
Cons
Losing patients, emotionally stressful, upper management decisions that harm patients.
Mon-Fri 7:30 - 5. Monitor all staff and maintain quality assurance via calls stats, recorded call reviews, trouble shoot errors, make improvements to
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 24, 2015
Great team of staff who were dedicated to quality patient care. Strong administrative support. office managerial support was good with some offices and improvement needed with others.
Pros
Strong team commitment, benefits and work schedule
Cons
Maintaining staffing numbers
very clean
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  williamsportAugust 7, 2015
the doctors and nurses give the best care to their patients,everyone is very friendly and work very hard to make the patient feel comfortable. Everyone is helpful
Pros
patients nice
Cons
24 hours
Focused on improving staff
Manager Medical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 29, 2015
Continued education provided to better employees. Focus on improving what is already great. Cares about patients and their experience. Strong focus on world class care.
Pros
education, insurance
Do not follow their own policies
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job as a phlebotomist. However they do not follow the policies they have set unless it is in their favor. They are usually understaffed and you are made to stay to work double shifts very frequently. favoritism is HUGE!! They DO NOT care about their employees. They are all about the money.
Great Health Care
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 27, 2015
Susquehanna Health cares about their employees and their families. Everyone is welling to help if an emergency happens. It is nice to see smiling faces each day to greet you.
Good Job
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAJuly 16, 2015
This is great job with solid benefits and honest pay. Best job in the area. Would recommend to anyone looking for a career job in the area.
Caring Enviroment where life actually was valuable to families and staff
ICU Nurse Extender (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 27, 2015
Get report from the shift extender before you. Pick up after them if they had a busy day and do the best you can do. Help everywhere you can! Give the best care in the world as if they were family or meant something to you! Communicate to nurses, docs, and techs. Last but not least love what you do and do it from the heart so the family and patients feel your compassion.
Pros
co-workers, free food, heart surgeons
Cons
breaks, staffing, communication, co-workers
No dinner/breaks for 2 shifts
LEAD TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 21, 2015
Lower Level employees attempt to work as a team. Management makes this difficult sometimes. Technical population is past middle age. Vacated jobs are not filled. Constant demand for more work with fewer people, and no mistakes. This is setting the stage for errors.
Large volumes of work are delivered many times throughout the day. The team works through the delivery, while accommodating the numerous phone calls and STAT work from within the hospital. As soon as one delivery is complete, another comes. This is our normal day. The job becomes difficult when hands are diverted to troubleshoot machinery. This happens on almost a daily basis.
Required PPE is sweltering. Management promised a lighter lab coat, then changed their offer. The environment is very uncomfortable during the summer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working well as a team, knowing we are doing our best for our patients, and making our employer financially sound.
Pros
Benefits are good - for full time employees only
Cons
Chronic complainers and trouble makers are permitted to maintain employment.
Great doctors but horrible management
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 19, 2015
The doctors, staff , and care providers are amazing. The management and higher ups care only for making the big bucks. They have no idea what it's like to work directly with the 'customers' who in most cases are not satisfied with the direction SHS is going.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Advancement nearly impossible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Susquehanna Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7