Susquehanna Health Employee Reviews

Don't make it your life's work : /
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsport Hospital & Divine ProvidanceMay 1, 2013
It's a dead end place for most clerk level employee's even if you have a college degree. The management is typical, incompetent lazy and without any regard for the department & people their in charge of. I really never saw my manager much in the over four years I worked as a supply clerk and he left a lot of his responsiblity's to "team leaders"
which is what they replaced a competant supervisor with.
A typical day is depending on what shift you worked was getting supplies from point A to point B basically which involved a lot of un necessary head aches and wasted time. The work cell I had on me the whole shift involved a lot nuisance calls from people who didn't know who they needed to talk to and they didn't know exactly what they wanted. Meanwhile a lot the customers you needed to take care weren't getting their supplies in a timely manner. This get's you in trouble even though you're handling things the best you can on your own. The benefits are pretty non existent anymore, I was working full time with health insurance but they began to bring in part-time in employees while firing full time ones. If ya need a part time gig for a little while it's ok, but don't make it your life's work.
Pros
there are some really good dedicated employee's to work with.
Cons
lot's of management issues & dwindling benefit's
No dinner/breaks for 2 shifts
LEAD TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 21, 2015
Lower Level employees attempt to work as a team. Management makes this difficult sometimes. Technical population is past middle age. Vacated jobs are not filled. Constant demand for more work with fewer people, and no mistakes. This is setting the stage for errors.
Large volumes of work are delivered many times throughout the day. The team works through the delivery, while accommodating the numerous phone calls and STAT work from within the hospital. As soon as one delivery is complete, another comes. This is our normal day. The job becomes difficult when hands are diverted to troubleshoot machinery. This happens on almost a daily basis.
Required PPE is sweltering. Management promised a lighter lab coat, then changed their offer. The environment is very uncomfortable during the summer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working well as a team, knowing we are doing our best for our patients, and making our employer financially sound.
Pros
Benefits are good - for full time employees only
Cons
Chronic complainers and trouble makers are permitted to maintain employment.
Hospital in survival mode
RN (Former Employee) –  Williamsport PAFebruary 25, 2012
Susquehanna Health is trying to run a hospital on a shoestring. Nurses have too many patients per nurse, equipment is cheap, in ill-repair or non-existent. Staff are transferred to areas where they are not skilled and secretaries are used to sit with confused and/or violent patients. Anxillary staff are "on call" so emergencies have to wait till they are called in to run tests or until they run from one hospital to another. Nurses are mandated because there are so many with FMLA's, maternity leaves or sick leaves so all the shifts are understaffed. Management is not fair in labor disputes; they seem to have their minds made up before they hear all the facts.
Pros
in center of town, on bus route. competitive salary scale for area
Cons
no meals, no breaks, short staffing, abusive work environment, unfair problem-solving techniques
absolutely horrible!!
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 1, 2015
Where do I begin? If your not bosses pet or part of the click don't apply! People get bullied there. Management sucks and they don't care about you! People go in high and drunk And yes management knows about it and won't do anything about it. People go in and talk about their drunken stories and how many guys they can sleep with by the end of the week! Men can't work there because the woman fight over them....um we are there to work not to hook up! Instruments get back to the OR sterilized but when opened some where found dirty! Some things aren't clean or sterilized properly! The stress is horrible there! On a day to day basis you go home with chest pains and anxiety! It's not worth it! I could go on and on but I'm stressing out now just talking about that department!
Cons
people don't do their jobs
Wow.....
RN- and no, I am not a "service partner" (Former Employee) –  WilliamsportDecember 5, 2012
Because that is all I can say. Started working for this hospital, and it is so top heavy with management, absolutely no continuity of care for the patients, preaches Catholic values but shows none,,,,,,the medical benefits are terrible, vacation time is a joke, orientation is a nightmare. At this moment, I have not one nice thing to say about this hospital. they are 20 years behind the times in nursing care, they are a group of just nasty people who have no idea what they are talking about, and when I try to correct their misconceptions they look at me like I'm nuts. Scary, scary bad.
Pros
not one thing
Cons
no breaks, running around huge units looking for things, no continuity, horrible benefits, outdated in nursing and medical practice.....i could go on and on.
Doesn't care about employees!!!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 3, 2012
Susquehanna Health is more concerned with competing with Geisinger than they are about providing a positive workplace where employees are treated well and in turn, want to provide good care to patients. The corporate staff is incredibly top heavy and the first to point fingers and start cutting the little guys to keep their big salaries. Their CEO was determined to build an overblown new facility, even though he knew they couldn't afford it and would have to cut jobs as a result.
Caring Enviroment where life actually was valuable to families and staff
ICU Nurse Extender (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 27, 2015
Get report from the shift extender before you. Pick up after them if they had a busy day and do the best you can do. Help everywhere you can! Give the best care in the world as if they were family or meant something to you! Communicate to nurses, docs, and techs. Last but not least love what you do and do it from the heart so the family and patients feel your compassion.
Pros
co-workers, free food, heart surgeons
Cons
breaks, staffing, communication, co-workers
fast paced enviroment...nice atmosphere.
Maintenance Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 29, 2012
i worked from 7 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. i did basic floor care which consisted of burnishing patients rooms,and shampooing carpets.Plus i also dry mopped and swept the stairwells. i worked out in the autoclave as well. i had to dispose of trash and hazardous waste.i had to cook it first and put it in the grinder to dispose of it.
Pros
decent lunch break..nice co workers..
Cons
bad management..poor communication..not enough hours in a week.
how to get experience?
applicant for a career (Former Employee) –  wiiliamsport/wellsboroJanuary 1, 2015
If applying to this so called wonderful establishment all you get is not enough experience. I have been in the medical field prehospital for over 16 years and now that I went to college to get my degree in medical records and insurance billing I do not have enough experience well that just tells me they don't know what they want because wouldn't it be easier to train someone who has no experience and would do it their way instead of the someone else's way?
poor work environment; dissatisfied employees
executive (Former Employee) –  williamsport paMarch 30, 2013
Position eliminations have lead to poor work distrubition; unhappy staff; dictatorial leadership of nursing staff; outdated practices; high infection rates; poor patient care.
Cons
"c" suite executives that play good ole boy games, poor leadership toward future growth and benefit to the williamsport community, entire top management team needs to be replaced

Want to know more about Susquehanna Health?

Ask a question
overall a fun and caring place to work.
Endoscopy Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 1, 2012
A typical day at work entails dealing with patients and medical staff working as a team to ensure overall healthy and postive life skills. everyone works together to gain the best postive outlook in any situation.
Pros
receiving the satisfaction of helping to improve patient care.
Cons
poor communication
Terrible place to work
Sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport,paFebruary 14, 2015
Certain departments do not want men working with them since they are all females. Human resources is terrible don't get all facts and don't consider any evidence. Employees are not very friendly. Employees always dumping their work off on anybody they can
Cons
short to no breaks, hostile work enviroment
Do not follow their own policies
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job as a phlebotomist. However they do not follow the policies they have set unless it is in their favor. They are usually understaffed and you are made to stay to work double shifts very frequently. favoritism is HUGE!! They DO NOT care about their employees. They are all about the money.
Excellent Cardiology group constantly teaching and educating their techs.
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 12, 2014
The physicians were every caring, considerate, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Their affiliation with Cleveland Clinic elevated their abilty to improve care and get further assistance when needed.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMay 13, 2012
Overall my experience as an LPN for Susquehanna Health was good. The administrative staff were wonderful with working around my school schedule. A lot of my co-workers were friendly and very helpful with getting me use to the routine. This is a great company to work for.
Wonderful place to work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Nurse Aide employed at SH. My experiences with SH encouraged me to continue my medical education and pursue a degree in physician assistant studies.
Pros
Team oriented, shift availability
Excellent place of employment. Was employed for 31 years
Rehabilitation Admission Liaison (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 21, 2015
Excellent place of employment. Excellent wages and benefits. I enjoyed working with patients and in my present job enjoyed working with Insurance companies.
Its a good fall back
Pre Hospital Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Its just ok. For a part time job I don't get wrapped up into all of what is going on. The full time staff never seems to have anything nice to say and gets to be an stressful environment to work in.
Focused on improving staff
Manager Medical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 29, 2015
Continued education provided to better employees. Focus on improving what is already great. Cares about patients and their experience. Strong focus on world class care.
Pros
education, insurance
No Employee Appreciation
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 19, 2014
They do not appreciate great employees when they have them. They have no employee appreciation benefits in place. When employees go out of their way to do good deeds their great work goes unrecognized.