Susquehanna University Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed environment
Senior Research (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJuly 3, 2016
Enjoyable work environment. Received a lot of experience in presentations. Wish I would have learned more techniques, but a good starting place.
Very stressful working environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Hire people as supervisors who either don't do their job or don;t know how to do it correctly. This and also too much catering to the staff favorites results into too much stress and tension on fellow co-workers.
Pros
Limited health care coverage
Cons
Too demanding for what little they paid you.
Great place to work- fun and not difficult
Head Lifeguard/ Athletic Training Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAFebruary 4, 2016
As a student, it is hard to balance everyday life with work. Susquehanna University makes it reasonable. They give you flexible hours, decent pay for being a student and they are understanding.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Small amount of hours given
Small Town University with World Class Programs
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PASeptember 4, 2015
Susquehanna University is an educational institution on the rise. It aims to continually grow the resources available to students and faculty. This is certainly reflected in its newly renovated library.
Pros
Pleasant work environment and peers
Qualifications from your previous professional life get thrown out the window.
Project cleaner (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJuly 23, 2015
if you do get hired on the floor crew with any relevant experience such as I did,then please continue to interview elsewhere. This crew has eliminated 3 positions in the last year alone and will soon be down to three. Three of the crew is old enough to be getting social security. Plus they Do not strip floors there. It's always top scrub and recoat. You would be sickened to see how inept management is pertaining to flor care 101.
Pros
Upper Management
Cons
Middle Management
eh its ok.
Stock/Cook/Events (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJuly 7, 2015
pay differs and co workers are mean or rude and constantly take smoke breaks and screw around. good luck advancing because someone with less experience will butt kiss their way into getting it over you even if they dont deserve it.
It was cool
Studio Manager/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJuly 8, 2014
I ran the audio/video production studios and equipment checkout room in Apfelbaum.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJune 24, 2014
Learned to work with others as a team.
Received goals and worked hard to achieve them.
Friendly work environment.
Good Management.
Productive and busy
Defensive Line Coach /Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAMay 28, 2014
Between coaching a collegiate football team and earning a teaching certification there was a lot of work to be done. I succeeded in my preparation for both, and believe that I have benefited greatly from the experience.
Amazing biology program
Student Research I and II (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAMarch 28, 2014
The biology was the most difficult and rewarding thing I've ever encountered
Great educational institution
Director (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAMarch 26, 2014
The focus on the students is paramount. Many new educational initiatives in and out of the classroom each year
Amazing boss, worked with other students, event planning
Susquehanna University Admissions Intern (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAMay 30, 2013
A typical day in the office, I would be setting up overnight visits for prospective students. I would contact professors, coaches, and clubs in which the student expressed interest. I would then set up an itinerary for the prospect and find a current student at the university to host him or her. I was also responsible for assisting with the planning of Accepted Students Day, a huge event for all accepted students. My main role as an admissions intern was to maintain the social media sites for the Admissions Office and Class of 2017 Facebook page. Through my roles as an intern, I learned how to manage my time. Sometimes, I would have to plan three overnight visits for the same date, among other planning for Accepted Students Day. There were three other interns, all working on separate projects. Each intern was as helpful and hardworking as my boss. We had a lot of freedom with the internship, but my boss was always in the office to help when necessary. The hardest part of the internship was making sure things were done on time. There were some last minute cancellations, which was stressful when I had to change an itinerary last minute. The most enjoyable part of the internship was working with students. As a junior and senior in high school, I was scared of what college life was about, so I tried to portray the best experiences to the incoming students interested in the university.
Pros
received credit
Every school should have a course like this one.
Co-Instructor - Women and Violence (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PASeptember 17, 2012
Teaching women's self defense as part of an undergraduate course was challenging and rewarding.
Wonderful Place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJuly 29, 2012
The best part at this job is that we get full access to the recreation center. This was my first job. Management was great and the pay was not too bad for it just being for the summer and winter. I heard it changed now because the manager I has is now gone to a bigger school to manage the aquatics there. Best part was dealing with the kids during swim team practice. The kids are funny but during the day the usual elderly ladies would come in and do floating laps with floating devices. They were hilarious and always making jokes. Hardest part was the training to get my certification because there is about 30 hours of training 20 of the 30 was all physical. for example, swimming 500yds a day for a week and treading water for 5 mins and also the 10+ feet deep water retrievals right after all those other things. If you are in good physical shape being a lifeguard should be a great job for you.

Susquehanna University Reviews by Location