Susser Holdings Employee Reviews

Not good working environment and poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2017
Typically dealt with people upset about problems that management had already been told about and refused to correct. The work environment was very negative and there was no team work from people other than those who had been there since the opening of the store. Too much favoritism around and those were the only people allowed to move up.
Great opportunity
Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Susser family. The culture was pro-employee and expectations were high. It is unfortunate that the Company was sold.
Poor management
Area Mananger (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 30, 2016
Great work experience but horrible upper management. Micro management is the only style they use, no real understanding of allowing teams to grow and take ownership.
Pros
experience
Cons
poor management
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2016
They have been bought by another company so the work environment no longer applies. At the time they had a nice workout room and large kitchen area. Company and coworkers were very caring to during a time of need.
fun
Human Resource Department/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 31, 2016
no complaints...loved everything about my job. loved meeting and talking to new people on a daily basis. really miss everyone i worked with
Pros
loved everyone
Cons
A company who work well together.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
I could not get a real understanding of what was wanted from me to move up.

Company lunches and get togethers were nice.

Covered parking was great.
Pros
No Micro Managemant
Cons
No direction
Regional Human Resources
Regional HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 13, 2015
Key member of the regional executive team for 1800 employees. Actively involved in recruiting, training and development managerial staff. Supervised a staff of 6 in design and implementation of onboarding program and overhaul of management training programs resulting in 68% reduction in turnover. Managed all other aspects of the HR function for 125 locations.
Fun, open environment with great advancement
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
Company with opportunity for advancement, ,my co-workers are always willing to work together within internal departments to get jobs completed on time.
Pros
Covered Parking
very fun place to work
hvac (Former Employee) –  Crane, TXMarch 30, 2015
I was a tech for 3 years went through 8 bosses I was the boss at one time till that got someone at the end of my employment to come in and lay us all off
Pros
boa card
Cons
meet friendl people good customer service
Not An Employee Friendly Company
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
This is a great place to work if you like a sweatshop environment and never seeing your outside friends or family. Fifty-sixty hour weeks are the norm so be prepared to work every weekend and holiday. And this is for an office position.
Pros
Fantastic Coworkers, Reasonable Compensation
Cons
Hours, Zero Upward Mobility, Poor Management
Do not work for this copany.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Very poor managers.Coustmors must wate for help way to long.
Pros
Ample parking.Clean store.
Cons
No help.Rude employs.Old meat resold.
Overall great company
Reconciliation Clerk/Accounting (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 15, 2014
Susser is a very successful company and very family oriented.
Pros
Work hours 7-4 or 8-5
Cons
Work Saturdays
Great environment
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working in the fuel business. I was able to use my construction back ground to manage the building of convenience stores from start to finish.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
No advancement
A great place to work with all the fountain drinks you can handle!
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo TexasJanuary 16, 2014
My area was in a 300 mile radius and required a lot of travel time to get to some remote locations and small towns. I had to be self motivated as I worked unsupervised 80% of the time. There was only one manager above me and he trusted his team to execute and produce results which we all did. The hardest part of the job was the constant turnover among teammates at the retail level and dealing with being understaffed in high volume locations. Due to those conditions, delivering our pledge to our customer base was a constant challenge. I enjoyed being outside, traveling, and dealing with and taking care of my team. I looked at my position as me being an advocate for my managers and teammates and not just as the person that held them accountable. I was well known for being a team developer and motivator.
Pros
team builder, motivator, detail oriented, fast learner, military minded
Cons
I tend to trust my team and should follow up on deligated tasks more often to ensure results
very upbeat place to work at.
Asst. General Manager (Current Employee) –  Snyder, TXDecember 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day is working around the public. It is always very , very busy. I learned to get out of my shell and actually have a personality. The hardest part is actually dealing with staff not showing up on time or not showing up at all. Also having time for my family, it is a 24 hour store and its like I am on call even on days off.
Pros
working with the public.
Cons
no breaks ..you eat when you can...
The company is growing by building new locations.
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 29, 2013
Coaching and Training are the most enjoyable parts of the job. You get to be responsible for providing others with tools to use to become successful while developing your own skills and achievements through reading and listening to others. You assume a role that is responsible for cultivating each person yet remaining structured and interesting.
very productive work place
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 8, 2013
Susser holding LLC is an amazing company to work for, there team work is second to none, and there unselfish ways to donate to the communities in which they have stores is undeniably the best I have ever seen.
Pros
the benefits offered by this company are secound to none, the communication from the top to the bottom is like none i have seen before.
Cons
as store manager you have no free time
productive place to work
fuel tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
loved the job but had to leave night shift due to family illness
Pros
great pay
Cons
splits in route
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 26, 2013
Balancing out tickets and entering figures into system...we had a subway and exercise equipment available to us all day
Good company values
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2012
For the most part is a good company for most employees. Most seem to enjoy working here. My biggest problem are the hours I am working here. Scheduled to work 42 hour week W-Sat with a six hour day on Wednesday and three 12's Thursday through Saturday. Last week I worked 9.5 hours on Wednesday and 14.5 hours Thursday and Friday with these two days starting at 5:30-5:40 A.M. I do like my co-workers and the management but the work/life balance is brutal. If the workload was over five days it would be more bearable. I have learned quite a bit of how the petroleum business does work.