Susser Petroleum Company is in the process of interviewing candidates for the position of Marketing Manager in the Houston office. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Operations.
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Provide development, deployment and training of new/revised dealer programs driving the sales growth for the operations department. Provide customer service and develop relationships with dealers.
- Provides customer service by responding to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Serves customers by maintaining our philosophy of going above and beyond, supported by a value proposition that every situation will be handled in a timely manner.
- Represents Company interests with the highest standards of professionalism.
- Suggests ways to improve financial savings and exceptional performance.
- Maintain all aspects related to dealer program
- Responsible for profit and loss analysis and developing action plans related to findings
- Identify, implement and monitor new programs based on research and findings based on consumer needs bringing value to both parties
- Develop action plans based on program findings
- Develop and evaluate Request for Proposal (RFP) for dealer programs
- Generate additional revenue by promoting various programs to dealers
- Maintain and evaluate current brand items
- Monitor performance standards on programs and resolve issues raised by operations
- Handle vendor negotiations and evaluate as business increases
- Manage website(s) for programs, communication and promotions
- Point of contact for all dealers/vendors and establishing relationships
- Manage and conduct training of new/revised programs with operations
- Develop reports and metrics based on outcomes of business operations and developing initiatives to maximize operational effectiveness
- Coordinate and promote company events
- Manage profit and loss and budgets to achieve yearly financial goals.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- A minimum of five (5) years as a Marketing Director or Senior Category Manager in related field.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with ability to learn various other systems utilized.
- Creative with strong financial/analytical and negotiation skills with proven record delivering exceptional products and performance.