Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews in United States

It takes the right person.
Technical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Sutherland is not for the faint of heart. If you are strong willed and resilient, it is a great company to work for. It is a very high paced, high pressure, drastically changing environment. You have to think on your feet and be prepared for some strong arming tactics. Not all the programs are bad, but just be aware that everything can change in an instant, including your job security. However, Sutherland will find a home for you if you wish to stay.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
High pressure environment, poor communication
Typical day at Sutherand
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYFebruary 7, 2016
The program I worked in was called Mobility Sales and Service (MSS).
I answered calls for AT&T.
They'd call in, I had to greet them, verify their account, gain a good understanding of their problem, and solve it. I also had to empathize their situations because sixty percent of the calls were unhappy customers. They're unhappy with their bill. They don't understand why they're charged. Miserable. I then, solve their problem, and then try to sell them home services such as; home phone, internet, or cable services.
Pros
Hourly salary+ commission
Cons
late shift, unhappy customers, 2 hour long calls
a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Sutherland is a great company to work for, but you really need to make sure that you are placed in a work program that fits you, cause I am not a sports nut and have no idea about any sports at all, only football. So i was lost when having to speak to people about basketball or golf. so if making a choice to work there, make sure there is a program that you like and would love to advance in.
Pros
very nice people and lots of training benefits
Cons
management are rude and never available when i needed someone, not sure about other programs, but the one i did work for was terrible/
interesting but difficult experience
MetLife Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 7, 2015
It was a new department so everyone was looking and running around with their head cut off looking at each other.. just unorganized, yet they expected for your time to be perfect, the performance to be perfect, and didn't train correctly. just an interesting experience.
Pros
Benefits are good, room for advancement
Cons
Poor management
Customer Support-Chesapeake, Va
customer service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 24, 2016
Overall, in tune with the previous Chesapeake posts...horrible training, call center high school type environment..the expectations are high but the reward minimal and it's like a favor that is done for you...instead of something you deserve cause you earned it...Management and HR are shady..there is alot of disrespect, shade, and preferential accommodations made that i am not accustomed to....you will be hired under a pretense...you will agree and sign papers...then in training you will learn you actually signed up for aND agreed to job responsibilities completely different than described....now your stuck in a job...obviously...you work ur bUT off the first year thinking, it will improve because you have to show aND prove in a call center enviornment...sike!..looking forward to my first year review aND raise...a whole $.23 cents...I felt disrespected not even a case quarter after a year of putting in great work ethic. ..I mEan above aND beyond others..they are..worried about $$ for potlucks birthdays and such..no one talking about real processes real issues but the expectation to go above and beyond remains there...I had been disrespected a few times...Management certainly has their picks aND jealousy is super high.....as far as work/life balance...it is great...show up on time and break loose as soon as time hits...you have P.T.O for everything else...there really is alot of preference done by management and not enough communication..till your at your wits end ...you can flock with the sheeple...I ultimately chose a better avenue...I dont recommend as a career..build and  more... move on is my advice.....  less
Cons
Short breaks, system issues-yet quotas expected to be met
Not a nice company
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2015
Truly a bad place to work. They do not care about you as an individual. High turnover, compared to a revolving door. Human resources spineless, forget dealing with them. Worked here 11 years until enough was enough and found a way out. There is nothing good to say about Sutherland Global Services. Forget time with your family, or vacations for that matter. Anything like this is highly discouraged. There are hardly any benefits worth mentioning. Nasty, rude management. Went back to school and changed the course of my future. There is no better feeling than looking back at those awful years spent at this company, realizing that those depressing days are long gone.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Good learning experience at a great opportunity
Customer Service Repensentive - Sutherland Global (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 20, 2016
Very "laid back" environment . Good pay / benefits . Good training in the field . Good chance to grow as a customer service rep .
Sutherland was without a doubt the most family oriented , flexible and fun place I have ever worked at.
Data Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  work at homeSeptember 22, 2015
Hours are flexible. Shift swaps, extra hours and over time available. Investment plan, benefits available. Working for Sutherland is like having a second family. Management will bend over backwards for you to be sure you succeed and are happy in your position.
Pros
Lots of contests, unlimted earning potential and company store to spend bonus points
Cons
Low hourly pay but unlimited earning potential with bonuses
Good Place to Work
Underwriter/Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 27, 2015
Sutherland Global Services was a nice place to work. The Hiscox program was wonderful to work for! Benefits could have been a lot better to keep employees.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Poor Benefits
Pride, knowledge were gained. Appreciation was earned and given to me
StubHub Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  HenriettaJuly 13, 2015
This company can give you what you allow it to. You work hard, you advance, but the need for a high volume of employees brings in those who only want a paycheck. Therefore, finding a team to work with that shares your goals of growth has been had here and I still cherish memories of day-to-day work.
Management was spectacular. They saw the potential I had and did everything to help it grow. I respect this company highly and it is a great starting point for some, a job for others and I personally have seen some grow their career to very successful heights
The hardest part was seeing a lot of turn-over and advancement for the bigger companies that hire through this outsourcing agency, while it is a lower paying job for some that deserve more.
I left the state and worked from home until it was no longer the best option for a full-time job for me. This is my only reason for leaving, as I recall now.
Pros
Excellent team and management during my stay, acknowledgement of my hard work, great benefits
Cons
lower pay grade
Bait-and-Switch
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2015
The recruiter will tell you one story, then after you're hired, your boss will give you a completely different one. This place is full of incompetent people with communication issues.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor benefits, Incompetent management, Poor Communication
Productive and fun workplace
Technical and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 3, 2015
Fun and productive workplace. Good management team and managers. Kind and supportive team mates. They provide what their employees needs. Good compensation. Comfortable environment. Managers are like your friends. They are helpful and supportive. They provide their employees healthcare benefits. Facilities are good. Salary is good. The company grew because of the supportive employers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Bad upper management
Sr. Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 6, 2015
Management required to work long hours with little compensation. Upper management did not provide assistance when needed. Very stressful and always treated lower level employees poorly.
Pros
HR
Cons
Work environment, Pay, Time off, No Life
Upbeat and fast tempoed workplace.
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  gates nyOctober 14, 2015
Stable job but pay is minimal for what is required of you to preform. Raises are less than 3% a year. good location. great coworkers. good management. good hours
Pros
job security
Cons
pay
Customer Care
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2015
Great entry level opportunity with comfortable pay and benefits. Room for growth with management willing to help. Working side by side with colleagues is a major plus.
Fun place easy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Hourly rate of pay was very good I never had a problem with managment very friendly people. Alot of giveaways and raffles, managment does acknowlegede when you work hard
Pros
FREE LUNCHES GREAT PAY
Cons
FULL TIME HOURS ONLY
A break room where you could actually relax & enjoy your breaks
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be taking 30-35 calls a day. I learned how to build rapport with my customers! Management loved me & my energy. My co-workers were always an important day in my group. We'd have our meetings on what goals for the day & we'd tag team off of each others ideas & who was going to tackle what for the day! The hardest part of the job for me was de escalating a call. After a while the most enjoyable part for me was to de escalate a call & help the customer resolve there problem.
Pros
Free lunches, company give aways, dental care
Cons
Short breaks
Great with employees
Consumer Home Loan Conventional Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Very busy environment, work from home 3 days a week so u can be able to spend time with family. co-workers are great to work with and can sometimes take the stress off you on a hectic day, great benefits
Pros
benfits 401k
Cons
sudden changes in policies and procudres, nothing is consitent for a good week which makes it hard for us when relating info to our customers
okay place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 5, 2015
Sutherland was okay to work for they really do not do much promoting and when they do promote they play favorites. I enjoyed the team I was working on but I am not sure I would recommend them
Pros
awesomesupervisor
Cons
favoritism, okay benefits, expect to much for little pay
Demanding but productive place to work
Sales Representative for AT&T Uverse (Former Employee) –  Gates, NYJune 1, 2015
Sutherland was the best job I had because it taught me how to deal with irate customers which I use in real-life situations . I was a sales and customer service rep there so I had to sell as well . The job was amazing speaking to people from different states every single day, helping them and possiblily scoring a sale was fun for me . The company however is very shady , there was a whole mess of things going on that was above my pay grade but I could tell I was being treated unfairly and there was a lot of info they choose not to disclose to you . I loved the job hated the company.
Pros
job, benefits, set hours, building repoire with people
Cons
management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.