Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,160 reviews matching the search
Fun workplacr
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  philippinesFebruary 3, 2017
Even though i started from the pioneer batch, they will prioritize people treated as their "friends". Although our salary is quite good enough, we are looking for something we can excel. Because of the management (on my program), this is a bit hard. Promotion is by appointment, not application. They will just conduct a very short formal interview to show everyone that they got a chance when they're not since someone is already in the position without any formal announcements.
Company that gives the employee a free hand
FP&A (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2017
The organization provides the employee with enough freedom to do things their own way. There is a lot of flexibility in the work culture as long as the deliverable is met. Good people to work with and a fast growing organization.
Great Company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I’m interested in learning every aspect of being a great Personal Service Representative and cultivating what it takes to assist all customers that have an employment need or goal. I’m a dedicated worker, a team player, and I keep a positive attitude and I have strong organizational skills with ability to make effective decisions and remain calm under pressure. Over 25 years’ experience in customers service and highly knowledgeable in areas of office administrative and other areas issues in conjunction with state and federal guidelines experience.

I have superior knowledge of most computer systems and I am well versed in Microsoft Office Programs and Excel, some power point; this experience will allow me to instruct and/or guide the customers with any resume or application they have.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
No Cons
A blessing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2017
Working with Sutherland Global was the best. I enjoyed this job so much. They put you through training which will help improve your skills are allows you to get better and better to understand the work that you will be doing. The work environment there is very clean, its fun, the work that is done is serious work but also easy. The staff there is amazing. They are nice, caring, hard-working, helpful, and everything you could ask for. Personally I miss my job there.
I get to do something new everyday
Property Management (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 2, 2017
I love it here. I'm like a Jack of all trades. There are nearly 700 employees and I am the person there ready to assist anyone in any way needed. Typically working with the corporate staff, HR and mainly facility related.
Pros
great boss, flexible hours
Cons
no room to move up
High Overturn Rate
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Having worked for this company in the American branch for a couple of years, I can safely say that the company has little interest in keeping employees long-term. Those who don't quit due to low wages and underhanded tactics usually end up laid off. Those who turn in a two-seek notice get bizarre last shifts, as the company tries to wring them for every second they're worth while simultaneously punishing them for leaving. Those who get fired stay in the system for months on end, confusing the managers who never get informed of the reason as to why their workers are no longer showing up. Any raises are taken out of the commission pool for the whole program, and the company will actively and proudly try to pay higher wages to new people to entice them to join while still paying the old 'minimum' to faithful employees. Beware.

Alternatively, if you are in any of the other branches, they come highly rated.
Pros
Break room has video game consoles
Cons
Low wages, little job security, zero communication within the chain of command
Call center environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 1, 2017
It was an 9-10 hour day, very fast paced. I did enjoy working there because there was new challenges daily. The hardest part of the job was getting all required job details done without working 60 hour weeks.
Pros
pay
Cons
co-workers
Customer Service
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Sutherland Global Services provides both domestic and international outsourced customer service; contracting clients in retail, medical, and insurance fields.
good place to learn
Floor Supervisor SME (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 31, 2017
It was a good place to work the people were great also I learned a lot in my time there management skills along with customer service skills.
Customer Support Technician: DIEBOLD, MAGENTO
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Professionally represented Sutherland Global Services to the DIEBOLD and MAGENTO Customers by satisfactorily resolving Customer issues via the phone, in IM messages, and in emails, all in a professional, courteous manner at all times
Demonstrated my ability to deliver the highest level of quality and rapid response as a Customer Support Technician when processing issue tickets submitted by DIEBOLD Customers
Responsible for managing Calls In Queue and the resolution of tickets in a timely manner as per the contractual standard expected by DIEBOLD and MAGENTO.
Supported the needs of the Customer and the DIEBOLD and MAGENTO Teams as needed by being flexible to work outside of scheduled hours
Sutherland Global Services awesome place to work
Tier 2 Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2017
I have been at Sutherland Global Services for over five years, it is wonderful. I have learned a lot in terms of processes and customer needs
Help Desk
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Sutherland Global Services is a call center. Business tends to be monitored by managers that range from competent to unable to communicate things to employees.
Pros
learn new things
Cons
Short breaks, health care, management, salary
its okay
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  homeJanuary 29, 2017
its okay but they change your schedule every day, you never know if you will ever be working the same days or same hours. everything else is okay though.
Pros
easy job
Cons
unprdictable schedule
Call Center
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoy being on the Nordstrom campaign, but I work for Sutherland who thinks it's okay to change your schedule at their leisure because you signed up stating you have open availability, so basically, all you can plan to do is work without incentive.
Very encouraging work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 27, 2017
SLG is very motivated to providing a great work experience for their employees and clients. The management is always working with you in order to set, and achieve any goals you have. A great place to work overall.
Pros
encouraging
Cons
NA
Great Remote Opportunity
Social Media and Community Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Pro: work from home. Con: Work schedules changed a lot and your team is expected to work during the holidays. Still a great opportunity to try.
Great Place to Start
Web Designer/Customer Care Specialist/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2017
A standard in Telemarketing, with a fluid turn over rate.
Great place to sharpen and gain sales experience in a group setting.
Pros
Reliable Hours, Reasonable Pay
Cons
Environment can be taxing, Mobility within company can be grim
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Job was as described. I decided to leave Sutherland due to distance. Living 40 minutes away was not an easy trek every day. Good job overall, minus the high school feel at times.
Pros
hours
Cons
felt like high school
Sutherland Global
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Typical day at Sutherland would be lots of calls waiting in cue to be attended to. Learned how to break ice and be more patient with customers. Hardest part of job would be managing handle time.
Enjoyed attending to customers need.
Productive but stressful workplace.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Depending on how well training went your job could be difficult later on. Supervisors are helpful. The shifts and hours and consistant. Hardest part of the job could be waiting for a supervisor to assist you with a customer.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours
Cons
support on floor is scarce, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval