Sutherland Global Employee Reviews

Just a job
Quicken Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2016
This is sadly the norm for most work at home jobs at this time, maybe worse because a lot of the Tier 2 and Internal Tech Support are very very poor. Most of them are overseas and don't seem as sell trained as they should be and don't really seem to ever want to help you. The pay is terrible and the customers are worse. A lot of older people with money, who have caused their own problems with user error or want to try and get us to work as accountants for them (we are tech support, we do not work to help you manage your investments and do your taxes), they will complain over the smallest thing even if its not your fault and you've gone far and above the scope of support to help them. With most of the mid level positions over seas you have little opportunity for advancement and due to the low pay you are not well motivated. I had a good manager but most of them seem just abuse the employees and don't care if you have any kind of real issue. The program we had to work with, Quicken is extremely poorly made and constantly has problems popping up. Half of my job was to restore back ups from before any errors occurred because the frontline reps and our overseas support are not well trained enough to actually fix any real issues which is what I would like to do instead of putting bandaids on everything.
Pros
Work at Home, Somewhat laid back if you have the right manager
Cons
Poor Employee Support, Internal Tech Support and Tier 2 are extremely poor
It's mostly a good place to work
Technical Support and Sales (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 2, 2014
I work 40 hours a week and I troubleshoot internet for people in Arizona and Nevada. When I had started this job I did not know a lot about fixing internet but I am a quick learner and caught on very fast. Some of the management is very helpful and if you have a question they will give you the answer or help you find it. With management such as this I have quickly grown to the point where I not only help the new recruits but I also create sheets for them to look back upon in case they forget any of the information and they have something to reference in case they forgot. I thoroughly enjoy the job because I like to help people, whether it's the client, the customers or my coworkers. My only real issue with the company is the schedule changes every 3 months and if you need certain times or dates off they do not work with you, upper management tells you to figure t out yourself. I was thinking about going to school and with this going on it is very difficult for others that I have seen are not able to go to school and work there at the same time.
cust service`
technical support \cust service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2012
A typical day at work I would come in and sit at my cubical and take phone call trouble shooting cust with they defective cable or try to help them hook up and or recieve or add cable to home. I leerned alot more about computers and typing also how to help cust and reinforcing value and being patirnt and understanding with the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was resoloving someones issues, because they call in stressed but soon as u resolve it they feel alot better, and dont have to call back and can watch what theyre paying for being satisfied with the client,which means making more cust satisfied and happy for being with us and one step closer to our goal. The hardest part of that job was when customers called in upset and angry and take there anger out on us u just have to make sure that u make the customer happy so it wont turn into a complaint or supervisor call. Our managers there always made sure theyre job is done and coworkers are ok there but can use more training.
Pros
recieve great experience
Cons
short breaks and lunches
A Hood Environment with high expectations, little help or support from uneducated supervisors!
Consultant for Cox Communications (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, New YorkSeptember 20, 2013
Very high turnover, you learn a lot if you make sure to learn on your own. I was hired with 45 people, after a month only 13 were left. After 3 months only 5 were left. Very stressful and the management is promoted from within, and have absolutely no management experience, education or proper training to lead.
Their is intense training for you in the beginning, but it does not show or prepare you for the real problems you will be facing on the job. It is a job, where you will earn every cent they pay and they glamorize the pathetic bonuses they offer. The supervisors think they have absolute authority if they were the ones that hired you. Is a job with no real room or place for a career or future!
If you are an active alcoholic and/or drug addict you will be right at home there! They use you and have absolutely no concern for your health, well being or future.
Pros
is a job
Cons
compensation and management
Productive/Competitive
Quality Assurance Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 17, 2014
I came in early and got all set for the day, start listening to recorded phone calls, train others for a particular job within the company. You continue to learn new techniques in any sales position/quality assurance. Management was very supportive and always open to new ideas. They also have in house training for management positions which I learned a lot from the classes, new perspectives. The co-workers were very helpful to one another with any questions or solutions they need. The hardest part of the job is with the inbound as you may have long period of times with no incoming calls and often dead time which makes for a long day however with any position I had, its the customers joy I endured the joys of them being satisfied and customers are often a lift when you just talk with them.
Pros
satisfying not only customers but also managment
Cons
healthcare
Meet and exceed daily
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 20, 2015
Meet and exceed daily / monthly sales goals. Meet and exceed daily / monthly CR!FT (customer service) goals. Take a high volume of Inbound calls from prospective customers using a standardized sales methodology to assess needs. Consultant will make targeted recommendations leveraging AT&T solutions that will improve the prospects business and/or situation. Make outbound sales calls as needed to close any pending sales opportunities. Consultants will utilize various (client & Sutherland) provided applications to enter data, update customer accounts, set callbacks, enter notes and other important customer information. Maintain professionalism at all times representing our client to the highest standard. A passion for exceeding customer expectations is expected. Meet all call Quality Assurance requirements
Interesting company, but not a lot of room for much.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 19, 2012
I would arrive and they would make us work time off the clock and require us to do things that a workplace should not. The environment was very unprofessional and too relaxed. Too many people were talking out of turn, doing things that were inappropriate, and most employees were acting in a manner that was not professional. The hardest part of the job would have been the fact that the work environment was so counter-productive. It is as if they hired people off the streets. The best part of the job was the pay and the fact there was a decent-sized break room.
Pros
large break room, good starting pay
Cons
bad working conditions, bad work environment, too much drama, unprofessional atmosphere
RUN DON'T WORK HERE!
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
I have never ever ever in my whole like worked at a place where you are basically a slave to this degree management constantly tells us how we are not doing enough and you are not good enough. Despite the fact that you close over 40 loans a month. They will not allow you to advance and I have been told many times by management we should just be glad to have a job. This place is unprofessional and really not meeting of requirements for even being up to code sinks are down out of order constantly bathrooms out of order, they don't provide even the basic things in the break room. Cups, utensils or even just paper towels. I highly recommend you seeking working anywhere else.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Healthcare, Management, Pay, Incentives, No Parking
If you can stick it out
Tech support agent (Former Employee) –  Work at homeSeptember 18, 2014
The job itself is not too bad, once you get over the customers being rude. But the big problem is the pay is terrible and the amount of time it takes to make an actual living is not worth the wait. The management constantly uses their metrics system to try to "coach" you. But it's more of a way to put pressure on you to follow the scripts 100%. The software scripting program is sub-par and has many bugs and glitches that add to employee and customer frustrations. I would only recommend this job to people who don't need money and can handle getting an ear full of customer complaints on a daily basis.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not enough money, metrics dictate your schedule and managements attitude towards you.
Productive, sometimes hectic days
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  KingstonMay 20, 2013
A great environment to facilitate growth & development in customer service.
A typical day at work starts on average 9:00am. I log into the system, get prepared for my calls & just do my work to the best of my knowledge to assist my customers.

The management team is great and motivational.

My co-workers are helpful, enthusiastic & motivational.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult phone calls, but i always try to find the best solution for the customers.

The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing the customer i have helped come off the phone sounding happy & satisfied.
Pros
performance based incentives
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work but you must stay on them or they forget you when new projects come up.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 8, 2013
Sutherland Global has a fairly good training program for the projects I worked on. Most co-workers were ok but some were very big go-getters at the cost of their truth, Lied to people. Management was very good but forgetful. Worst part of projects I worked on was poor equipment to work with which caused extra time needed to process calls. I did meet some very nice people at Sutherland and most of management were friendly but, as I said before, forgetful.
Pros
friendly people and fairly clean work spaces.
Cons
training a little soft and management forgets you if you do not make mistakes.
Learning experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2015
Fast paced environment with supportive management. Numbers tend to refine the workforce and company goals. Working along side employees who are driven towards the same task related goals creates for a great experience. The most difficult part of the job is working/managing with an assorted staff while trying to assist customers who are experiencing frustration with technical issues. A typical day can leave one feeling a sense of accomplishment based on the efforts applied.
Pros
Ability to gain and enhance skills to help further ones desire towards advancing their work career.
Cons
Schedule change too often, lack of accountability
Diverse and innovated work environment with strong teamwork
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 2, 2015
A great and face pace work environment. A typical day at work taught me to learned the telephone manners and how to converse to clients through phone. The management knows each worker personally and take notice in their needs and issues. My co-workers are very fun and diverse; each coming from a completely different walk of life. The hardest part of the job is the finding a happy medium of satisfying the customers and the company at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the people I work with, they make the day so much more exciting.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Requirements for commission
Flexible work hours but high turn over rates
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2013
can be very slow long days or very fast pace.
I've learned how to work using multiple screens and research consumer based info using google search.
Management was not trained well and due to the high turn over ..fairly impersonal and strained as far as the manager vs. rep ratio.
co-workers varied often
The hardest part was the ever changing high demand goals with new programs and customers being vary irrate because they werent handled accordingly at intial processing or being trransfered to the wrong department.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
transfer numbers incorrect and not enough trained management
Typical day at Sutherand
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYFebruary 7, 2016
The program I worked in was called Mobility Sales and Service (MSS).
I answered calls for AT&T.
They'd call in, I had to greet them, verify their account, gain a good understanding of their problem, and solve it. I also had to empathize their situations because sixty percent of the calls were unhappy customers. They're unhappy with their bill. They don't understand why they're charged. Miserable. I then, solve their problem, and then try to sell them home services such as; home phone, internet, or cable services.
Pros
Hourly salary+ commission
Cons
late shift, unhappy customers, 2 hour long calls
Great Company
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
A normal day at work, includes taking inbound sales and service calls. The service calls, usually consist of order changes, replacements, and refunds. Sales calls, are usually customer's placing Birthday, Anniversary and Funerals orders. I work independently from my home office. Using the companies software to complete orders. I communicate with my peers, through an Adobe chat room during shifts. The hardest part of my job, is when a customer place an order and it's not delivered on time. The most enjoyable part of my job, is building a relationship with a customer.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Only seasonal
Very Good Place to Work. Family Friendly
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133November 29, 2012
Working with Sutherland Global is Family Friendly. They reward you in many ways. i.e. the longer you are there the cheaper your medical insurance is. You have PTO and sick days added together so it seems like a lot of days off. HR takes the time to listen to you and they deal with whatever the situation is. Job security is not the best since we do outsourcing (that is why I am out of a job. We lost a contract).
Pros
the longer you are there the more pto you have and the lower your medical ins is.
Cons
it is an outsourcing company, so when you lose a contract you are out of a job.
It was great, for the most part.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed working there, and being able to work from home was a great convenience. The only downside was working on certain holidays and although the scheduling was flexible, you have to earn the chance to get a schedule that you prefer. Also, many days you'll have back to back calls with no downtime in between each, which can be stressful, especially if some of your calls are with angry customers. Overall the experience was worth it.
Pros
Work at home, flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, back to back calls, micromanaging involving time
Changing work environment, but sometimes unguided management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2015
Every day is pretty much the same, but thats the nature of our industry.

The people I work with are very helpful, always looking to get the job done with as little being sacrificed as possible.

The most enjoyable part of what we do is just helping the customer and making them feel like someone was there for them.

Depending on the department there is a lot of turn-over, but do your very best and you will find you last a lot longer.
Pros
Nice people, fulfilling, flexible hours
Cons
High turn over, not so great compensation
Enjoyed working with employeees and staff.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2014
Professional atmosphere where I would spend most of my time working with employees I-9 also working on their new hire process.
Explaining their benefits, FMLA and helping employees with all company policies.
I also was responsible for employees folders and information.
The hardest part of the job was trying to rearrange the term file room manually with over 6000 North America files per year.
I also enjoyed the change of day to day routine.
Pros
working one on one with employees.
Cons
manually changing the term room.