Sutherland Global Employee Reviews

call center
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Inbound and outbound sales and customer service calls, handling technical issues, answering customer questions and complaints, offering timely and effective resolutions for a variety of customer related issues.
Call Center
Technical Support Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2014
Typical call center type job, always being available to take calls, and to work on cases through emails and calls. Clients report the issue, we investigate and provide solutions, or escalate to a higher tier
it was a good job
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 2, 2014
cant complain was a job when I need a job.
pay good and great people to work with
Over all not a bad experience.
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: the pro would be learning the sales part of the job.
Cons: the con would be the late shift i was scheduled for.
Typical day at work was signing in and answering phones for technical support and upgrades. What i learned was the ability to upgrade/sales. I worked well with co-workers and helped as much as i could with technical support. The hardest part of the job was sales but learned fast and excelled. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers solve their issues.
Fun work enviroment and professional and productive as well.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAOctober 18, 2014
I learned different and better skills to use in order to make sure that I had an happy customer. I also learned (which I found interesting) different ways of technology with cell phones internet and etc. The most of what I enjoyed about my job is making my customers happy and being able to meet different people.
Ping pong for relaxation and good benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: excellent cook in the cafeteria
Cons: a lot of micro-management.
Well organized workplace. Well secure. Answering phones, using computer software to log progress.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 6, 2014
Customer Service RepSolicited sale of new or additional services/ products.
- Determined charges for services requested and arranged billing.
- Provided product information .
• Referred unresolved customer complaints to designated departments.
Great Place To Work
Tax Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Inbound Call Center-Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions
Work from home
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), place, USASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: sitting all day in a chair
This is a customer service job; lot of work, little pay.You do get to learn a lot about billing, accounting, management, customer service, and how virtual teams are structured.
The people were great.
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 19, 2014
I worked with a great group of people from the managers down to the consultants. I first started by making outbound sales calls to businesses, then moved on to quality assurance. With that I was required to listen to calls to confirm valid sales and to check the quality of the calls.
Productive and Fun workplace
Operations Manager for AT&T DSL Migration (Current Employee), Syracuse NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: cost of health care and co-pay
- Face pace
- New product training
- Operational Meeting on results, performance, and game plans
- Energetic and eager to learn day over day.
- Client interaction with daily updates and changes.
If you can stick it out
Tech support agent (Former Employee), Work at homeSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not enough money, metrics dictate your schedule and managements attitude towards you.
The job itself is not too bad, once you get over the customers being rude. But the big problem is the pay is terrible and the amount of time it takes to make an actual living is not worth the wait. The management constantly uses their metrics system to try to "coach" you. But it's more of a way to put pressure on you to follow the scripts 100%. The software scripting program is sub-par and has many bugs and glitches that add to employee and customer frustrations. I would only recommend this job to people who don't need money and can handle getting an ear full of customer complaints on a daily basis.
High paced settings
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: expierence with tax forms
Cons: no healthcare
The day goes by very fast high call volume different personalities with the Customers
Inbound call center
AT&T Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2014
-Full time positions only
-Little recognition
-Good job for people with little to no skills.
-Not very organized
Fun Environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no job security
It was a really good job.. There was no job security there. You where not sure of a healthcare provider was going to pull there contract or not. Everyday you were worried if you would have a job the next day.
Very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2014
The work place at Sutherland is very out going. Very good starting point for me. Management was very supportive. Training programs were very helpful. Co-workers were always had a lot of energy.
No matter what you say or do, or what you are told they still lie to you
Technical Support and Customer Service (Former Employee), rochester, nyAugust 9, 2014
During my employment with sutherland, i became ill, with such things as kidney failure and such. i contacted MY manager over and over to keep her informed, sent in dr excuses for the days i had to be late, and 1 week before it was time for my yearly review (with which came job security and fmla) I was fired due to medical issues.
Enjoyed working with employeees and staff.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: working one on one with employees.
Cons: manually changing the term room.
Professional atmosphere where I would spend most of my time working with employees I-9 also working on their new hire process.
Explaining their benefits, FMLA and helping employees with all company policies.
I also was responsible for employees folders and information.
The hardest part of the job was trying to rearrange the term file room manually with over 6000 North America files per year.
I also enjoyed the change of day to day routine.
productive and fun workplace
Consultant (Former Employee), rochester nyJuly 30, 2014
working with unity was an great opportunity not only is it a fun and easy environment starting with food service can create so much more opportunists work @ the hospital
Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJuly 21, 2014
• Interacted with our customers, providing front-line support and account management
• Focused on delivering excellent customer service through the use of email, telephone, and chat
• Duties include (but not limited to): computer systems, speed typing, technical support, sales/consultant, billing/payments, and computer operations
• Presented additional products to customers through upselling