Sutherland Employee Reviews

Found 1,216 reviews matching the search
Regret Working here.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
The benefits are great, full coverage.
management is poor.
Work life they will not work with your schedule at all..
job culture is a joke too many managers get away with a lot of things that no one should get away with.
the job security isn't helpful at all, I was suspended for 2 weeks.. waiting for my supervisor to return my calls and to let me know when my 3 day suspension is up... and they told me after two weeks with no paycheck I was fired, but then only paid me partially.
Pros
bennefits for you or your family
Cons
poor management
Not a long term commitment
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 23, 2016
Sutherland is like a burst of light. There are opportunities for upward movement for talented individuals within your first two years. After this, if you do well and get raises, advancement dries up. Sutherland is about promoting from within up to Team Manager positions, after this they tend to hire from outside for upper management positions and on top of that, when things change the higher up you are the less security you have. A fellow Senior Team Manager was let go when the program we were on transitioned outside the country and he was told he made to much to find a home on another program. After working with Sutherland for 15 years.
Fun workplacr
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  philippinesFebruary 3, 2017
Even though i started from the pioneer batch, they will prioritize people treated as their "friends". Although our salary is quite good enough, we are looking for something we can excel. Because of the management (on my program), this is a bit hard. Promotion is by appointment, not application. They will just conduct a very short formal interview to show everyone that they got a chance when they're not since someone is already in the position without any formal announcements.
Worst company EVER!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2017
This is the worst company I've ever worked for in my life. The stress level is so high both in the phone and off the phone. Management don't know what they're doing most of the time its like they come to work to talk and having fun with each other instead of helping the team. At&t outsourced to foreign countries that don't understand or speak English so customers are constantly calling in angry and frustrated not to mention the agents that sale the products to the customers lie about the cost just to make a sale so they can get a bonus and it's not figured out until the Customer is locked into a contract. There really is no employee appreciation for the department I work in but they want us to pretend to be happy. There is back to back calls all day because they fired 80% of the employees for issues that should have been coaching opportunities.
Pros
Leaving for the day
Cons
Going to work
High Overturn Rate
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Having worked for this company in the American branch for a couple of years, I can safely say that the company has little interest in keeping employees long-term. Those who don't quit due to low wages and underhanded tactics usually end up laid off. Those who turn in a two-seek notice get bizarre last shifts, as the company tries to wring them for every second they're worth while simultaneously punishing them for leaving. Those who get fired stay in the system for months on end, confusing the managers who never get informed of the reason as to why their workers are no longer showing up. Any raises are taken out of the commission pool for the whole program, and the company will actively and proudly try to pay higher wages to new people to entice them to join while still paying the old 'minimum' to faithful employees. Beware.

Alternatively, if you are in any of the other branches, they come highly rated.
Pros
Break room has video game consoles
Cons
Low wages, little job security, zero communication within the chain of command
Difficult place to work, but they accept almost anyone
Technical Support Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  work from homeFebruary 6, 2017
This is one of the worst run companies I have ever worked for. Management is very disconnected from day to day operations, expecting things that are unrealistic with how the world works. The supervisors are stuck between the call center reps and management who are at ends with each other. Compensation is poor, system performance is poor, policies are not employee friendly as far as schedules and flexibility. Not a good experience, constantly stressed.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay, management, network performance, schedule flexibility.
Horrible workplace and childish managers
Claim Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 8, 2017
The job is very straight forward and easy to do however the management is horrible. Almost every leader on the floor has favorites that they pick for all the activities that we are allowed to have. The company is more focused on hiring more people instead of trying to help the people that already work there so they can improve their performance. When a managers assistance is needed they brush off questions off and act like its a burden to be bothered.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short lunch breaks, horrible benefits, management is the worst
Awesome workplace enviroment
Certified Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 18, 2017
Working at Sutherland Global Services provided me with skills and training to excel in many areas in and out of the workplace. I had such a life changing experience working along side the companies employees. I've made friends in networking at Sutherland. Management was prompt with providing solutions to all inquires made. In the future I would definitely work with Sutherland again and highly recommend this company.
Pros
Weekly giveaways, recognition, time off whenever requested, bonuses & Promotion.
Cons
No Cons.
Productive and provided services to customers
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2017
I have provided customer care services which involves billing,sales and retention. I also provided technical support using documentation and knowledge based systems. The hardest part of my job is providing empathy and sometimes sympathy to an irate customer. The most enjoyably moment of the job is that I have put a smile on the customer face of resolving their issues and made it a wonderful customer experience.
Pros
Prizes, awards and raises for job performances
Cons
Poor job performances will lead to coaching
Professional and productive place, with great team members
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Jamaica, WIDecember 2, 2016
Professional and friendly competitiveness environment. But every days effort really adds up. Management is very goal oriented and employee centered. Best team members, with all pros and cons. Some customers can be challenging, but others can make your day.
Pros
Lots of compensations
Cons
slow days can mess with your incentives
Perfect Career Entry or Supplemental Income Job
Intuit - TurboTax Technical - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 19, 2017
I defined my technical trade at Sutherland and realized a great IT and Customer Service career, learned the corporate culture, and achieved many career and personal goals here.
Pros
Work-at-Home Option
Cons
Weak middle management
It was a learning expereince that taught me a great deal about myself and waht I could handle.
Customer Service Rep/Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2016
Regardless of which program I worked for, management was always patient enough to work with me until I met both general company and specific client goals. My co-workers were friendly, empathetic, and were overall empathetic a joy to work with. Much like the programs I worked for, the degree of difficulty and culture varied tremendously; all had a specific rubric and parameters detailing what were allowed and not allowed to tell customers. The hardest part of the job was the commute; I lived in the City whereas three of the four locations I had worked at in my time there were in different suburbs which made the cost of the commute both time-consuming and expensive (especially if you do not have a car like me). I would highly recommend Sutherland to anyone whom really wants to work and become a better person in general.
Pros
Clean atmosphere, close proximity to restaurants, nuturing environment
Cons
Short breaks, expensive commute, strict dress code, below average pay
It is a great company and i would endorse it highly to others.
Marketing Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bushnell Basin, NYJanuary 16, 2017
It is a great company and the people are wonderful. If you prove yourself, the opportunities are endless. There are opportunities for advancement and growth.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours as it is global.
Sutherland Glod
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone worked together to resolve technical support issues.

Management was excellent.

Workplace culture was good. The team really worked with each other.

The best part of the job was earning commissions when you sold new systems or software. It was a monthly competition and there were prizes for those with the highest sales along with the commission in my paycheck.
Pros
Great onsite cafeteria
Cons
Only vending machines on the weekends.
fun workplace watching ondemand movies while working
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CarmonaDecember 3, 2016
Typical day always on que.

Learned system navigation regarding account handling.

Management resolves staff concern regarding pending request (Salary etc.)

Can always get along with colleagues.

Hardest part of the task unresolve issue by the last agent who took the call.

What I enjoyed most watching ondemand movies while taking calls.
Enjoy incentives amd freebies of the day raffle on appliances when meeting targets.
Pros
freebies
Cons
extensive training program
teamwork
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYMarch 21, 2017
There was a very heavy workload but learned a lot of good information . Management and workplace culture was ok & hardest part of the job was numerous changes constantly.
Pros
compensation
Cons
contract work
One of the worst place that I have worked
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2016
Too much of a social environment, Rather than focusing on production management focused on interpersonal relationship building. Workers were coached poorly and, turnover rate was way too high. Most of all poor business ethnics and morals. Those who tend to do well or are past a High school education, beware of this job. If you find a job that pays you a dollar more take it. This job is not only temporary, it is also a large waste of time. You are better off working the valet than this job.
Pros
Located Downtown
Cons
Horrible Compensation
It was ok
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Life balance was ok
benefits poor
Security was high
Management poor
culture was ok. I liked everything else about the company
Met lots of friends
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
healthcare too high, pay based on sales.
unable to provide
Customer Service Specialist MetLife (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 10, 2017
Based on prior employment with HigherOne and USAA which provided an productive and quality atmosphere, superb training and management, team commaraderie, it was very hard to adjust.
Pros
Excellent benefits- opportunity to transfer to other resources within company
Cons
no stability... high overturn of staff...lack of training
One of the best jobs I've had yet
ATT ISM - Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2017
The company offers many benefits and advancment opportunities in the work place the i loved the training process in the this job, very pace considerate. The management staff had issues sometimes leading by example, which made it difficult to understand they managing tactics. but overall a good job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.