Sutherland

Sutherland Employee Reviews

Desperation
Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: Basically everything besides payday.
Its a cool job if you want to make a few dollars to get out of moms house or get a vehicle however no room for advancement and you are going to just be a replaceable number .
Administrator/Office Manager/Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Oakland, CAApril 22, 2015
Typical day is arriving at work and ready to work
I have learned to know your worth
Management don't mind helping to get job done If necessary
Great group of co workers
the hardest part of this job is being part-time
Seeing the same faces another day that we have been blessed to do again
Left Feeling Used
Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: dishonest/misleading management
I got a job at Sutherland doing what was advertised as a technical support position in an inbound call-center. Training went well and I was very excited to start doing well at my new job. I was warned during training that it was probable that around half of us wouldn't be on the project after the busy season ended. This seemed fair but I was determined to be one of the ones who stayed on the team because it looked like a great opportunity to do something I was good at. Fast forward to about one month on the phones: I wasn't doing so hot on the metrics (customer experience), my manager talked to me and we set up a performance improvement plan, we spoke about how I could better do my job and then he made it clear that in one month I either had succeeded in the plan or it would be elevated to a more serious disciplinary plan (as in he explicitly stated that I needed to improve within the next two months or I would probably have to find somewhere else). Five days later, after I was trying really hard to improve, I was called into the hiring manager's office and "laid off" because apparently they had over hired (which made sense as we weren't that busy). Mind you I was told a week before that I wouldn't be let go for TWO more months even if my performance didn't improve (this was very explicitly stated). Not a big deal, I totally understand that companies must turn a profit and it would make sense to get rid of the underperforming employees first. Both the hiring manager and the HR person then spoke with me about other opportunities within the company on different projects. One of – more... the projects seemed like a really awesome fit (working on Linux, I love Linux) so I interviewed for it. Fast forward a week and no one had gotten back to me so I emailed the HR representative. She finally got back to me and it seemed like she had no intention of ever actually letting me know that I didn't get the position. At this point I think that they didn't even consider me for the position, and that they only gave me the illusion that they were trying. The job itself really was not bad, and if I were better at customer service then I'm sure that the experience may have ended well. If you are looking for a company that will treat you with respect like they expect you to treat their customers, look elsewhere. I would also like to add that it's just like every other call-center in the world where everything is always broken, software, tools, phones, etc. – less
Sutherland Asbill & Brennan
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.February 24, 2015
Pros: real focus on keeping people happy. great benefits
Great place to work. Excellent work environment, great people. Although brief, it was the best place I have ever worked in.
a very great environment around me at sutherland
Customer service (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 10, 2014
I like working at Sutherland because it gives me a chance to meet new people all across the world and it helps me with my professionalism
Depends on Manager
Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: good managers made working a pleasure
Cons: bad managers made working a chore
Depending on the project I was working on, I would work on the phone or click to chat and would help the customer with the software or sell the projects they were interested in.

For the most part the customers were a pleasure working with and made you want to help them as much as possible.
Decent place to work
Call Center Operations Desk/Sales Rep/Tech Support (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 1, 2014
They can take a toll on there workers. There is an ability to move up in the company. The do not work well with employes.
Fun workplace with wonderful people
Employee (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: lots of free food and company outings
Cons: moving up in the company is close to impossible
Wonderful workplace with great benefits and wonderful people. Upbeat atmosphere where everybody feels like a part of a big team. Everyone pulls their own weight and work hard to meet client's needs.
Nice work environment.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 6, 2014
This also was a great place to work. All the managers and supervisors were very helpful and they taught me a lot about being a productive tech support agent.
horrible
Consultant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 13, 2014
Awful place to work! Management is no good and they do not care about their employees
Fun workplace
Customer Service, Inbound (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at sutherland I met a lot of nice people. I loved the atmosphere and that it was a call center setting. Management was very helpful and easy to approach. I loved that it was inbound calling instead of outbound calling.
Fun job talking with clients inbound.
Outbound Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 12, 2014
Pros: talked with people everyday, helped resolve problems.
Cons: being screamed at.
Clients could be bitey & abusive at times, understandable though, they wanted their income tax return loaded onto the card provided by H&R Block, so they were able to use that money. Overall I had no complaints.
Productive day at Work
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 3, 2014
1. Login into all of our system's
2. How to use different system's and how to work with a diverse background
3. Management is ok
4. I love the people that I work with
5. The hardest part of my job is the hours.
6. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make my customer's happy.
Professional environment, talented people.
Legal Secretary, Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2014
Sutherland, Asbill was a wonderful law firm to work at. The environment was professional and polished. The people I worked with were incredibly knowledgeable of the law. The work product was nothing less than excellent.
Stepping Stone
Help Desk and Desktop Support technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2013
A good stepping stone to have a great career. Has great training and good benefits.
sales
Sales (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2013
-first job out of college
-inside sales
-accepted transfer from Rochester, NY to Atlanta, GA
fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment, rewarded employees for job well done.
Cons: quick overturn of employees
managed accounts.
many useful business ethics and fundamentals.
great and helpful coworkers.
late nights sometimes
loved work from home
Technical support representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: no support system
this was a great place with great opportunities to advance and go anywhere with the work from home program. i loved assisting my customers on a daily basis and you had to be independent in order to get this job done. the work from home program allowed me to relocate to a different state and keep my job.
customer service big company
DHL Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2013
good company to work if you are able to have open avaikability
This job got me started in technical support
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: encouraging environment with opportunities
I learned how to troubleshoot here, and was able to develop some good methods. I learned from a great group of co-workers over time, and was able to make a name for myself. So I would say that the environment was very encouraging.