Sutherland Employee Reviews

Very fast pace
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 14, 2017
A typical day involves working with candidates, reviewing resumes, scheduling candidates for interviews. Upon hire assisting with paperwork & training.
Pros
Great People!
Fun working from home
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYNovember 14, 2017
I learned patients when dealing with irate customers over their billing statements, and having efficient support from support staff and management team.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
not enough hands on during training
Not too good of a work experience
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 13, 2017
Working at Sutherland Global Services, I have learned that the management and some of the associates were not capable of performing some of their daily duties in which it was assisting other associates. The management was also escorted out of the office in handcuffs due to fraud and embezzlement.
Pros
Commission payments
Cons
Lack of leadsership
Good Pay
Customer Service and Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Las VegasNovember 12, 2017
Sutherland paid well, is full time, and overtime is optional. It is a great work environment with a lot of positive figures and opportunity for growth.
Fun workplace, BUT....
Computer help desk technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2017
A fun workplace, but WATCH YOUR BACK! If you get any sort of tenure, and make pretty good money, they will look to replace you at the first opportunity.
Intimidation and bullying
Pipeline Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2017
The culture at Sutherland Global is bullying and intimidation. There is no trust in the supervisors and managers. The pay is low and the environment is super stressful. I would not suggest anyone pursue employment at Sutherland.
Pros
Cons
bullying, low pay, long hours, no trust, HR nighmare
There when you need it, but not a place you'd really want
Training Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2017
You should be aware that you'll likely have to fight for your worth tooth and nail along the way. Very closed minded and set in their ways, they rarely seem to consider the market they are in (location wise) when considering salary positions.
Pros
Plenty of Programs to choose from, gym and lunches are pretty cheap
Cons
Poor Management, poor business model
fast Paced
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston texasNovember 8, 2017
Fast paced inbound call center. Also have to upsel products to customers. No cold calling. Compensation changes every month which doesn't allow you to hone your skills as the goal is ever changing. Also, the matrix on how to earn commission is always designed to limit your earning potential which can be discouraging.
Pros
na
Cons
na
run this place will devour your soul
Dell Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2017
This place was horrible. Management only cares about having a body in a seat never mind their level of competence or lack thereof or if they are capable of getting along with other people. The job is contracted to dell to place orders. Security is nigh bordering on fascism. The dell people that you work with are lazy and incompetent and you always end up fixing their mistakes even though it's clearly spelled out what you should and should not have to do. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these people.
Pros
could get time off if I needed it
Cons
I could easily do better
job
ATT consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2017
good work place, very reliable mangement. always worked with you to make you a better employee. management always went out of their way to make sure you were good.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
other employees
Review of SG
Corporate Tax Consultant / ATT Consultant (Former Employee) –  5959 Corporate Dr Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
I think they are not emotionally supportive of their staff. During the hurricane they said for the staff to come back but nothing was done for the emotional support of the staff.
Pros
Benefits were good.
Cons
Tuenover rate seemed a little high
Productive work environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2017
Ability to self manage my day and prioritize activities. Had a solid direct manager. Enjoyed my ability to collaborate with others to produce the best product
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lacking a clear corporate strategy
Work skills
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Sutherland is a good opportunity to provide you skills to be able to land a better job latter. It is semi-diversal, however, they stress their employees in not allowing them in the loop of what will happen next in their campaign. Most of them last for up to 8months to a year and just about every year you are stressing not knowing if it is your last or if Sutherland will allow you to transition into another campaign or not. If it is your last resort, I say go for it till you are able to find a more reliable position to where you do not need to deal with inconsistency. Like I say, you still gain good skills from Sutherland.
Pros
Skills
Cons
inconsistency
Telesales
Sales and Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 6, 2017
I was on the phones for over a year until I was promoted to Supervisor of the call center.
It was a good opportunity to gain managerial skills.
Great Workpalce
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 6, 2017
There would be times where ill have a angry customer or a customer that doesn't speak English. My job was to calm them down to the best of my ability or get a manger do so.
Poor company
Technical Support / Direct TV (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 6, 2017
Working with the customers is great. the management needs management. Schedules are all over the place at any given moment. not good for those with kids and commision are made to be lost.
No job security
Closer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2017
Good pay, great tools for further education, but terrible trainers. No job security. A company to possibly help you get through a season of your life, then you will either be forced to move on due to lay offs or they will keep you and you can move up if certain people like you, regardless of your work ethic/attributes.
Not a great place
Customer Service Representative sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2017
Pros
great programs
Cons
bad commission plan
Call Center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 2, 2017
Pay was good and hours were manageable but they have a high turn over rate and not much job security to be found. Which is typical with this type of call center
it was a great experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  new kingston, JANovember 1, 2017
Working at Sutherland was great. It was my first job so it taught me a lot about the work world. I worked at a loan consultant there for 9 months, and through that 9 months I met great leaders and leaders that abuse their position. I have met friends that I still speak to and was reworded for any accomplishment. Sutherland was like my family.
Pros
the people
Cons
not having free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.