Sutter Care at Home Employee Reviews

Productive and positive work environment.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 6, 2016
Loved working with other people and managing caregivers. Speaking with clients and creating a good trusting relationship. Work ethic was doing what was right.
Always improving; never satistifed
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST/ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 30, 2016
A typical day began with organization and setting priorities, being able to manage multiply projects while being available to support all levels of management. I learned to be flexible, always learning, growing, and improving processes. Working with various levels of management from corporate executives to first line supervisors, everyone was appreciative of the contribution your job made to the overall vision. Working long hours during the closing and budget processes, my co-workers became family because we spent a lot of time together, coordinating our efforts to complete the monthly financials and expense variance analysis. The hardest part of the job was coordinating budget meetings during the summer, when people were taking vacation with their families. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing how many people we served on a daily basis, and how our input contributed to it's feasibility.
Great flexibility and autonomy
Full time OTR for large home health agency (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2016
Most enjoyable part of job is helping people in their home environment. Management is supportive, but must be able to think independently and problem solve on the spot
great team with good collaboration across disciplines
Difficulty sometimes with responsiveness of physicians and frequently difficult home situations with pts dumped from hospital. chronic issues that are not resolved.
Pros
great flexibility as a working mom
Cons
complicated cases at time with lack of consistent physician support
unique and unknown
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 25, 2016
each day would be different you never know who you will be taking care of, it kept you on your toes,working with elderly people with dementia is always different each day, i learned to go with the flow,unique ways to get a client to do what is needed to be done,the staffing personal were great to work with they partnered me up with perfect client that made the client and myself very happy. The hardest part is trying to guess what the client needs and can not verbally tell you. the best part is making the client smile, that was my goal everyday.
Pros
getting the clients you get along with
Cons
getting a difficult client where nothing is good enough and not having enough work
Hospice is rewarding and challenging
Start of Care RN, Lead Triage RN, Team RN (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 28, 2016
Our team is excellent. All of the nurses and management are caring and help each other out. I have spent some of my best nursing years here. The work is very fulfilling, but the patient load is challenging, and we are seeing higher acuity patients. I will be sad when I leave because this is by far the best team I have worked for.
only telephone interactions with families/patients
Triage RN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2016
When call volume was high especially at night the management team was usually not around to help. All phone calls are recorded for management to listen to later for quality assurance.
Pros
The bonuses
Cons
Constant high stress and often working short
work load is out of control
RN Care Coordinator AIM (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 20, 2016
Too much work. Management knows that it is impossible to get the work done in an eight hour day. But they say that you are not meeting productivity when you put in for overtime. Not a job for a person with a family.
Seasonal, intermittent job availability
Flu and Wellness RN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Flu season starts in Sept. and runs thru Nov. RN's/LVN's are required to do a minimum of 10 clinics, but can do as many as they choose. Assignments are made on a first come basis and are done independently on site at various work/employment sites. Supplies are provided by Sutter and are picked up at the office as needed.
Wellness-biometric clinics are minimal until late Spring; are done as groups of RN's, up to 6 at a site, and are coordinated by an employee of the Management team. Their availability increases dramatically in the Fall. Again, it is a first come basis. I learned to use equipment to perform lab tests from finger stick blood samples and to use other tools to determine health parameters. Education was provided to each participant as indicated. The management, and organization, of these many clinics was great, both in the office and in the field. All the nurses I worked with were friendly, supportive and willing to share information. The hardest parts of this job are that it is seasonal and very intense during that Fall time frame; some very early start times; some long distance travel, requiring even earlier times to get up.
I enjoyed meeting people, being able to give information to help them with better choices for a healthier life.
Pros
Ability to choose frequency of clinics, travel time and mileage compensation; working both independently and with others
Cons
Seasonal work schedule; very early AM hours.
Challenging and constantly changing field
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2015
Depending on the affiliate, demands can be high without the needed support to be able to complete the job in the most efficient way. Training is sometimes minimal and management tends to make decisions without knowing the full ramifications of those decisions on the effected departments.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Inadequate management
Great program helping patients stay at Home
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2015
* Worked with patients recently discharged from a hospital needing education and/or referrals on community
resources in order to maintain safety and continue patient's self-determination
* Provided treatment-planning, conflict resolution, crisis intervention and short-term psychotherapy
* Participated and presented cases in interdisciplinary staff meetings and supervisory meetings
Providing patient care services primarily to the geriatric population
Receptionist/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 22, 2014
* Reviewing all call accumulated messages promptly and relaying
the messages accurately to clinicians in the field.

* To provide detailed information to clients in need of home care.

* My co workers were a integral in supporting the receptionist with
information required for a successful patient visit.

* Knowing the families of the patients were satisfied with the agency
services.
Pros
Support staff meetings
Cons
The death of a wonderful short/long term patient.
Fun place to work.
Aim Case Manager (Current Employee) –  locatedatSanMateo California.September 20, 2014
there are good people to work with. Nurses work as a team. Management are very supportive of their staff. Driving from one patient to the other patient is the hardest part of the job. As a nurse I advocate for my patients and it is very rewarding when you see your patients getting better
wonderful workplace
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 27, 2014
Having worked for Sutter Care at home for 12+ years, it has been consistently a place with ongoing efforts in providing positive patient centered care, an excellent compensation package and positive reinforcement to their staff.
A typical day included setting up my patient list, making calls to arrange visits, reviewing the patients charts and meds and orders before seeing patients.
Patient visits lasted anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on severity of need and amount of teaching required.
Charting was done on a tablet with a keyboard and the bulk of this was done during the visit or directly after leaving the patients home.

I was very fortunate to have an incredible staff to work with, both the clinicians as well as the office support staff.

Due to a family tragedy, I had to leave this position and move across country. Otherwise, I would still be at this job I loved so much.
I am looking forward to finding a position in Florida that can equal my positive experience at Sutter Care At Home.
Pros
great company to work for and excellent benefits.
Positive work environment
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 7, 2013
My typical day was spent coding patients and reviewing others' documentation.
They provided us w/ ICD-10 training, for which I'm thankful.
Management was very positive and wanted all coders to succeed and be the best they could.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm getting to work in the medical field, which is helping the patients regardless of getting to meet them face to face.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Home Care does not offer the greatest pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2013
Management had a productivity goal that created a stressful environment with required learning courses also which had time deadlines
Pros
pay and compensation was good.
Cons
as mentioned above
Produtive was low
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2013
i injoy working with my co-workers, but census was low produtive
Productive and fast-paced environment
Patient Care Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2013
A typical day at work would be constantly answering emails and working on daily tasks/queue from a computerized program/workflow by assigning visits for clinicians and other related assignments. The clinicians work off of tablets to see their assigned patients for the day. As soon as I walk into the office, I check my voice mail and open up my emails. I have learned to multitask while answering calls; clinicians walking up to my desk to ask me questions; working on projects from my supervisor; responding to emails; and working from my daily tasks all at the same time. As a Patient Care Scheduler, I work very closely with my Supervisor and the Director of Patient Care Services to make sure we provide the best quality care we can for our patients' needs. The most difficult part of the job is trying to get visits assigned to the clinicians on a timely manner when I depend on other colleagues to complete their part. The best part of my job is working with professionals (i.e., nurses, physical therapists, social workers, etc.) and learning about the stories of their patients and what they do to get them on a healthier track. I only work in the office so I do not get the chance to meet patients out in the field.
Pros
Flexibility with personal life, working in healthcare, constant change
Cons
No advancement for scheduler, lack of proper training, lack of support
Disorganized, lacked consistant leadership
Supervisor, Commercial Billing (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 8, 2013
No real leadership, not offered any continued education, no support from management. The staff were easy to work with
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
No leadership from management
Flu Nurse
Flu Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2013
Very good for part time jobs for extra money. You have more control of your schedule. Fun job because you travel to different areas.
Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2013
Great place to work as an entry level position.
This is a 8-5 job.
Daily work schudule; answer phone, scan and copy documents, inputing documents into patient profile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Care at Home. Our community is ready to answer.