Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Typical Call Center
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Easy work, nice customers, nice doctors, big desks
Cons: Unreliable rules always changing, 10 min breaks, smokers put at vehicular risk
My experience a typical day at work is usually when management is needed they are never there. Your told one rule of the company then told to do the opposite after you've been marked down for it. Your judged on the time of your phone call, therefore they would rather you rush off the call than give a quality performance. I learned what they say and what the expect is nearly always opposite. Hardest part of the job is being told one thing by your manager/supervisor (which can go against company rules) and getting marked down for it later. You will also get marked down if you don't say certain words – more... at very particular points in the call, and yes if you say something similar it doesn't count because its up to interpretation of the quality control member who picked your call. Most enjoyable part is probably the customers themselves, doctors and most doctors office members are usually nice, the job is really easy, and the bigger desks you work at. Smokers are required to cross 4 lanes of traffic with out crosswalk, if you get hit by a car or a car slides on the ice and hits you company will not be liable, if your caught smoking on property your fired. Takes about 5 min to take stairs down to main floor and clear out to road, wait for traffic, finally cross you got about 3 min (if your lucky with traffic) to smoke, wait for traffic, finally cross back and book it upstairs in under 2 min, also better hope you didn't need to use the restroom cause time frame wise it's out of the question. I wouldn't suggest a smoker work here. Also switching to ecig, its the same process. If you don't smoke you can walk around the floor, or there are places for you to sit at that's not your desk or a break room with vending machines. – less
Excellent place
CBO revenue cycle team member (Current Employee), Roseville, CaJune 29, 2015
Love working for this company. Very integrated with wonderful knowledgeable people, wonderful leads and a great place to go into everyday.
Great company to work for
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Job was out sourced to Virginia
I worked billing and collections for the Infusion and Pharmacy for Sutter Health. I learned a lot about infusion drugs and how they are billed and FU with getting them paid.
Healthy environment to work in
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Plenty of room for growth.
Cons: Hard to get an interview
I have been employed with Sutter Health for almost year and I can say with out a doubt that my employment has been a wonderful experience.
There are plenty of growth and professional development opportunities available (you just have to be willing to work hard and set goals).
Production
Administrative Assistant/ Billing Specialist (Former Employee), RosevilleJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: None
Good company, great pay, managers are cool. would love to work here again, overtime was awesome. HR was very friendly and helpful
Diagnostic Imaging Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 21, 2015
Work place environment is exceptional
Patients ALWAYS come first
Embrace the LEAN concepts which empower the employee to make work related decisions that improve standard workflow
Great company to work for
Patient Service Rep / Front Office / Call Center (Former Employee), Fairfield/ OaklandJune 17, 2015
Workdays are enjoyable with a group of wonderful people. Management encourage employees to continue education and additional training to advance.
Excellent place to work
Clinical Nurse Educator/Contract (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 10, 2015
Great place to work. As an Clinical Nurse Educator, I received a lot of support from leadership, very professional and collaborative environment.
Productive and friendly atmosphere to work in
Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Super Friendly
Cons: Needs to open more areas (worldwide)
I love going there everyday. I learn something new every time.The management is great kind and friendly.My coworkers are the best there funny and kind people.The hardest part of my job is to find something that keeps me busy.The most enjoyable part of my job is just knowing that I can help.Going to a place where the know my name greet me as I walk in and say goodbye when I leave.
Registration
Provide Customer Service (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, communication, Training
Preregister patients by phone
Verification of Insurances-Eligbility and Benefits
Call providers for Authorization Request
Scan Doctors orders, insurance information, and authorizations into DI.
Submit TAR request thru Partnership website
Communicate with Departments and coworkers
Great management!
Medical Billing Specialist (IR Coder) (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2015
In Sutter Health, there is so much potential for carer growth. Management finds your strength and hone your skills. Employees are well competitively compensated.
I had a productive experience working in this environment
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: I got the chance to network with healthcare professionals
Cons: I did not get hired
A typical day at work started off by checking the schedule and preparing rooms as necessary to accommodate patients, and making sure work from the previous day if there was any got finished. I learned how to prioritize and utilize my time at the clinic. My co-workers were very helpful and let me room patients, and trained me so well that I was able to room patients and administer injections as needed to patients on my own.
Great company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: I got to handle a wide variety of tasks.
Cons: Seemed under staffed at times.
I was primarily assigned to upgrade systems to Windows 7, but also handled trouble tickets and did Desktop Support task. Management was great. Very busy company, but I learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was there just wasn't enough hours in a day to complete more tasks.
Chance for learning Specialties
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Learning opportunities
Cons: Varied departments made it hard to concentrate on perfecting one office.
I worked as a CMA with Sutter Gould Medical foundation in the float pool. It was a great opportunity to learn different medical specialties. A typical day at work was usually very busy depending on where I was working. My duties were dependent on where I was working. For example if I was working in Pediatrics my day would be busy doing physicals and vaccinations or if I was working in OBGYN my day would be full of annual exams and procedures.

My co workers were generally very pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was learning everything within each specialty. It was somewhat difficult to establish relationships with patients, which is very important to me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the different procedures of each specialty.

All in all I learned to be a quick learner and to work efficiently.
productive,no growth,
Call Center Customer Service Receptionist III (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no growth
alot of of expectations with no improvement in growth as an individual. more about the quanitity instead of quality of care of patients.
nice quiet place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Yuba City,CAMay 7, 2015
I come in, check pt in that walk in and draw their blood, I then process it and get it ready for the courier to pick up and take to the main lab for testing.
Daily Routine as a Food and Nutrition Supervisor at California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC)
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great environment and learning experience
Cons: Unstable schedule
Typically the Supervisor of the Food and Nutrition Department at California Pacific Medical Center will work closed with Registered Dietitian, Dietary supervisors and kitchen staff to provide quality food production, service, education, and nutritional care to patients/clients at CPMC.
The environment at CPMC is very diverse, positive, and offers a great learning experience related to management and leadership.
We work in a very fast-paced environment where we learn to delegate and share space and assignments with co-workers.
We face daily challenges that can be related to operational or personnel. These are why I enjoy being a supervisor of the Food and Nutrition Department at CPMC.
Good company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, CAMay 4, 2015
Good company to work for. Don't demand overly to much and keep you busy and compensate well. Good benefits package. Very busy though at times and can be stressful.
Great working environment
Master Site Plan Application Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 30, 2015
Great teams and projects to learn new downstream workflows from different people and systems. Management has always been there and helpful throughout your work cycle.
Great place to start career
Regional Department Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
Great place to start career in Healthcare. Organizational restructure happening which make mean more personnel. The most enjoyable part of my job is my schedule. I was also entrusted to do a lot of different tasks .

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more

Sutter Health Salaries