Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Compasion
Unit Assistant & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2016
People really love working here. There is a lot of focus on teamwork and no job is too big or small for any given task. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Free lunches
great place to work
Patient Access & Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 1, 2016
they have great managers I enjoyed working as a team and as individual and working independently. learned a lot in the last four years.
Sutter Health is a great place to work
Integration Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mather, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Sutter is a great company to work for, very good team environment. Day to day I am challenged with different tasks and issues on the Interface Support team; the workload is overwhelming at times, but we manage to get through all the time.
I love Sutter
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Sutter as a whole, is amazing. Patient care comes first here at Sutter. The staff is friendly and upper management does a great job monitoring the hospital.
Pleasant and cooperative work invironment
Independent Wellness Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Sutter was very nice to work for, although a little disorganized. Frequent changes in management. They discontinued there flu shot clinics due to non-profitability.
Pros
Prompt payments
Cons
Frequent changes in management, disorganized.
This was a temporary position
Integration Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 25, 2016
This was a temporary position and enjoyed working there. My opinion is that is a awesome place to work and would recommend Sutter Health to all that has an interest in the healthcare field.
Outstanding place to work!
LICENSED REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Outstanding place to work, both staff and patient's are wonderful. The staff is close like family. I drive an hour each way to and from work because I love the work environment and team work.
Micromanagement
clinical education (Former Employee) –  Mt View, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Little team support unless fit in to the group, status quo promoted, education not primary focus, requires extensive travel though compensated for gas.
Great atmosphere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CADecember 29, 2015
The atmosphere at Sutter Medical Foundation in Fairfield was great. The staff were very collaborative and friendly. The physicians were very team oriented and patient focused.
My job is very rewarding and challenging
Fund Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 26, 2015
I feel fulfilled everyday to work with amazing co workers and donors. I love that my job is different everyday and I am challenged and encouraged to do my very best. The training and support from Sutter Health gives me the opportunity to do better everyday.
Pros
Convenient location, company car, get to meet new people

Want to know more about Sutter Health?

Ask a question
Great Place to work very supportive a good pay
Outpatient Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2015
A great place to work competitive pay very supportive of continued education. I have worked for Sutter over 12 years and there is a family atmosphere.
Pros
Very supportive of continued education and great benefits
Cons
In current position no room for growth
Awful place to work
Accounts representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 18, 2015
I worked for sutter for over 2 years and it was the worst place I have ever worked at. This company does not care about education or experience. They will hire anyone regardless of whether or not they meet the requirements for the job. They might as well save money on posting them and just hiring their friends or uneducated cousin because that's what will happen anyway. The management reminded me of the "cool" kids in high school too stupid to graduate but still showed up even if they got nothing done. It is very unprofessional and for a company in the health care industry, they cared very little for their employees. I found this place to be not only a waste of two years but also a regression to my career. I worked off phones but started on the phones and there was no difference both had awful management. So if you're in the market for a place where favoritism is everything and your boss is incompetent then this is the place for you.
Pros
Not all work there is on the phone
Cons
Too many to list
Great work environment with great people.
cath lab (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 16, 2015
Busy cath lab we cover trauma, STEMI, and neuro (STROKE) interventions along with interventional radiology procedures.
Sterile Processing Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 16, 2015
I love working for Sutter Health( St Luke's Campus). My job was very amazing as you know I work in surgery department. I learn so much when I was there. My co-worker were the best we were like family.The hardest part of my job was to see the harvesting of a person who organs were being donated to other,but joy was another life would be save.I learn the human body is amazing and that everyone is speacial.
Pros
N?A
Cons
N?A
Engagement between deparments
Sutter Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2015
Inter-departments work closely together as a team and not as seperate entities. Very supportive leadership. Highly execute personalities and very responsive to change,
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
the most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Productive and amazing place to work at.
Retirement Benefits Specialist/Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 13, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in early for overtime if available and getting right on the phone to assist customers.
Great dept to work for.
Audit Billing, Registration, and Tech Support Call (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 9, 2015
Fun place to work. Had a great time working in this position. Able to grow in this company. Moved on as I worked for the company for almost 4 years.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Always looking forward going to work to see my coworkers.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2015
I have enjoyed working for such a great company. The health benefits are amazing because you hardly pay anything for them. The management team are great as well they truly care about their employees.
Pros
Free coffee, Great Benefits, Great management and coworkers
Very innovative, there are ping pong tables, to help employees relax
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 26, 2015
My greatest issue is with QA--your time on the phones with clients and patients is gratifying. you can tell right away that they are grateful that you are trying to help them. And have listened carefully and attentively to their concern, and that you will try your very hardest to get their issue to the doctor, and therefore resolved. But when you get audited your marked down for not being sympathetic enough, your get marked down for not asking if there was anything else you could do for them. Just trivial things that have nothing to do with HIPPA, just their prerogative or they were just going thru some depression in their life, your call gets a really low score, which requires you getting some more coaching.
This is the only fault that makes you not want to work with this company, any longer, and I won't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Company treats you employee great
Cons
QA-too many mark down that most of the time have nothing to do with HIPPA