Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employer Reviews

Great patients, great staff, terrible management
CMA/Mentor (Current Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: the management
Sutter offers great benefits, attracts great patients and staff. However, supervisors tend to micromanage and there is no room for advancement. It is extremely difficult to get a promotion or even a raise and the constant changes make one feel demoralized and unappreciated.
Workplace with consistant work and a pace that is highly productive
Regional Leadership Development (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2014
I am still working at this career and every day there is something new. There are projects i need to be on weekly and and my management and co-workers are great and make it feel like a family orginization.
Productive and supportive area to work.
RN Outpatient Ambulatory Services (Current Employee), Vallejo, CASeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work can be very busy although the staff work together to provide the best care for the patients.
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vacaville, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: employees got along well.
Sutter Health
Lead Surgery Attendant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Best Job I've ever had. Learned new stuff everyday. Got to see things you would never get to see. (heart transplants and more) I've laughed, cried and more at this job. Some of the best people in the world works there. I miss it dearly
My 1st home away form home
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Antioch, CASeptember 17, 2014
Sutter Delta Medical center was my 1 job as an adult. I learned so much there and it really helped me decided which career path I wanted to choose. I drew blood from patients of all ages in all areas of the Medical center. I also worked many different shifts there as well. I m confident that I would still be an employee there had I not relocated.
Windows 7 deployment \ Desktop Support Tech ll (Former Employee), Mather, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers, relaxed environment, learned a lot
Cons: not a permanent postition
Sutter Health was a great environment for me to learn & grow. I was able to learn new skills and then utilize them accordingly. Which will benefit me in my job hunt. All my co-workers were great. It was a professional, but relaxed environment and we all got along well. The hardest part was that I was contracted and I was kept on as long as they could – more... keep me, but wasn't hired permanently. I really like the atmosphere, my co-workers, what I do, I just wish they could've found a budget to keep me permanently. – less
Great benefits
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), RosevilleAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: call
Excellent benefits.
Badly distributed call schedule , limited amount of people covering a lot of hospital call.
a great place to work for.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Antioch, CAAugust 14, 2014
everything about sutter delta was great I highly recommend to anyone looking for volunteer work go to hospital and apply.
A great learning experience
Desktop Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2014
This was my first gig in a large Enterprise environment. So don't let the above star rating fool you: I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. I can critique all that I want, but in the end the project was a Hurculian task and propably the biggest Epic "go-live" event EVER with well over 5,0000 devices to manage and bring on line all at once. It was pretty amazing being – more... a part of that deployment. Very facisnating to a beginner like myself. – less
goal driven
Certified Epic, Analyst / Epic Prinicple Trainer (Former Employee), mather, californiaAugust 11, 2014
Pros: bbq team luncheons
work life balance can occasionally be a struggle.
great motivated workplace.
Excellent place to work. Providing Patient Care.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 10, 2014
A typical day in the call center is very busy. On a daily basis I'm learning Medical Terminology as well as increasing my already excellent customer skills. My manager is very positive and a professional in his role. The office staff and I get along very well, we strive to help one another, as we all work together for a commonly desired outcome. Great – more... Team work at Sutter Health! The hardest part of the job is being a Temp to Hire. I enjoy and look forward to each new day, as each new day offer's a new learning opportunity. – less
Good pay and great benifits
Telecommunications Engineer III (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: on call, corprate mentality
When times were good economically, it was very fun. Lots of team building activities, lunches and job recognition. Training and job advancement was good. Great group of co-workers, lot of help, not over worked and pulled in different directions. Able to focus and learn.

Lay-offs and economic slide. To much to do, not enough people. Still great co-workers. – more... Unknown direction of company from company leaders and management. – less
good hours
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 6, 2014
Sutter is a great organization. Management could use improvement. overall, a good company.
Physical Therapy Aide
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2014
Great company! I worked hands on with the patients assisting them with their exercises and modalities. The therapists were very knowledgable and not afraid to help you learn!
health care ,good paid
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch, overtime
Cons: short breck
wants to delight customers, above and beyond the call of duty
has intimate knowledge of the customers needs
has empathy for the customers situation
is able to communicate clearly, both written and in speach
talks in a way the customer can understand
has a "thick skin" and is able to handle
Management not skilled, promotion unacceptable!
CT/Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Davis CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management unprofessional -not qualified hr- corrupt
The most qualified skilled employee that should have been promoted to Chief Technologist was not. Petty, back-stabbing, unprofessional, all girls club-- whose primary goal was to keep status quo- discredit to the Sutter establishment!
Not a rewarding placeto work. Hostile environment, no teamwork
RN (Former Employee), SFJuly 22, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: little support
Poor management team. Saw many unhappy Employees with hostility towards colleagues. Big disappointment in a organization that is supposed to have good reputation . Poor ethics and very little support from upper management due to high turnover within department employees and upper management.
I was able to network at this job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lafayette, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: rare promotions
A typical day at work could be busy at times depending on the day. I learned a lot about organizational skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was the out of the office meetings and being able to meet other employees in the company.
Productive and successful place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2014
Love to work since i am on my feet throughout my shift and helping patients in their need of time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more