Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employer Reviews

Community minded integrated health system that cares about its patients and staff
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Davis, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Really cares about patients and staff
Cons: Only serves Northern California
I worked for Sutter Health for 10 years and my only regret was that I left. This is a superb organization, blind to color, ethnicity and does not have a glass ceiling to break. This is a forward thinking organization that has been able to adapt to the rapidly changing healthcare environment without sacrificing quality or compassion.
enjoyable, honest compassionate
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 19, 2015
respectable workloads, good attitudes, compassionate care for patients, encourage education, management is fair and respectful, co workers are easy to get along with and always eager to help, the most enjoyable part of my job, having the time to respectively assess and treat patients to the best of my ability
Good Company with Patients at the Core of Their Work
Wellness Operations Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2015
Sutter Health is a forward-thinking company that proactively tries to engage trends ahead of time. They have patients at the core of all of their work, they give more to the community than any other non-profit hospital, and I think the Executive Leadership is sound.
Learning Maps
End User Facilitator-Trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento CAMarch 10, 2015
Co-Workers Team environment-- typical work day hour Prep time and training class or supporting class with another trainer
Sutter Health
DEPARTMENT SECRETARY (contractor) (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Very busy from the moment you come in to the moment you leave. The company is always trying to be innovative and a step ahead of other health care providers,
Very Comfortable Environment to Work in
Certified Medical Assistant-Float Pool (Current Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free benefits, awesome work environment, endless learning opportunites
My typical day at work is not normally "typical." As a float I am expected to be quick on my feet and ready for change at any moment. I have learned, very well, how to adjust to different providers and their needs and preferences. Sutter Gould Medical Foundation has done an exceptional job with recruiting management to oversee staff and their every day tasks and goals. The most challenging portion of my job, yet the most exciting is having to change my schedule at a moments notice. The most enjoyable part of my job is handling patients.
Sutter Research is an indispensable core competency in Sutter Health’s transformation of healthcare to enhance well-being in our communities.
Project Coordinator/Research Analyst/EA (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
We are a national role model for the value of research to achieve the highest levels of patient-centered quality care, access, and affordability.
Caring and Compassionate team of employees.
Director, Material Management/ Site Leader (Former Employee), Crescent City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Provide decisive leadership and direction for 2 warehouses and inventory. Supervise, train, and evaluate 12 direct reports. Plan and coordinate end-to-end material management and operations including supply acquisition, receiving, storage, and distribution. Direct all aspects of purchasing/procurement, central supply, and patient transportation. Perform vendor and contract negotiations for vital hospital/patient supplies, services, and equipment. Serve as Logistics Leader for Disaster Preparedness Team. Analyze hospital needs, and recommend new materials and equipment.
HR Information System Data & Reporting
HR Information System Data and Reporting (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Process and maintain HR accounts as well as provide documentation for subpoenas, EDD claims and verify medical certifications are current. Provide IT support for applications related to HR Business Partners, Payroll, Benefits, and Recruitment departments.
Its a hospital
Hospital Attendant (Former Employee), Jackson, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Very great hospital located in the foothills of CA, Hospital is a non profit hospital who focus on their patients and have amazing care and doctors. Great management
Great benefits, good hours
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Davis, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great doctors to work with.
Cons: no advancements within the company .
Made some great friends. . Received a lot of experience and training. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed and not receiving help. The doctors in the office were amazing and very friendly and outgoing.
Good Workplace
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 31, 2015
I WANT JOB GROWTH. I am looking for career advancement, and a place where I can show case my talents. The hardest part of my job is that the day is repetitive. My co-workers are great to work with. I enjoy the atmosphere since it is fast paced, and there are always changes due to the nature of healthcare. I have learned some of the LEAN processes, and have applied what I have learned in graduate school thus far in implementing new projects.
Fast paced, Productive, Helping patients
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: helping patients
Cons: answering 60 or more calls a day, sitting long periods of time
A typical day at work in my dept. which was a call center, is to answer calls from patients all day, and fulfilling their request as for what they need. A typical day is answering 60 to 100 calls a day.

I learned how to use the EMR in IDX and Epic.

For the most part management is always willing to listen on how to improve the quality of your job, but never implement it.

Co-workers for the most part are nice and always willing to help you learn something new or help you accomplish what you may need.

The hardest part of the job is answering so many calls in one day and not being able to get up and move around, unless you are on break or at lunch.

The enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping patients who have a problem and are calling to see if they can be seen that day or the next, or get them the help they need over the phone.
This company is Employee-centric
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2015
The company is really focused on the Human aspect from patient to employees. Very positive atmosphere
productive company
Call Center Customer Service Rep/Medical Records (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: you are always busy
Cons: no cons
comein began to answer high volume of calls for patiets wanting to make appointments, request refills, and send messages to the doctor
Productive and a great place to work
Revenue Coordinator (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great people and enjoyed the patients
Overall I had a great experience; the doctors,nurses and the rest of the staff were extremely pleasant to work with.
Family Birth Center
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Antioch, CADecember 19, 2014
I would consider delivering here if I was pregnant. The doctors, nurses and management were all a pleasure to work for. Like all hospital settings, there were fast and slow paced days. I was never without anything to do. Working here is what directed me into continuing work in the OB/GYN field of medicine.
Great Place to Work
Revenue Cycle Analyst/Trainer (Current Employee), SACRAMENTO CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: can be repetitve
Typical day is in a call center environment but everyone is very friendly.
I learned a great deal about revenue cycle management and analysis.
The hardest part of the job is staying busy if you're a fast worker but I'm sure many can handle that!
Organized fast paced enviroment
Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 12, 2014
Everyday was different at Sutter Health San Leandro Hospital Campus. A new day to learn new skills and advance. I learned many aspects from front office to employee relations.
Amazing multi-tasker
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2014
I am assertive, self-motivated, goal-oriented, organized, and efficient. I have the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines. Adept at both oral and written communication, I can interact effectively with individuals of all levels.
In the present position, I am employed as the Department Secretary for Sutter Medical Centers, Sacramento Medical Staff Services. My chief roles have been to assist in the credentialing of physicians, allied health, and other practitioners. Assist with the processing of initial appointment/ recredentialing applications for participating entities. Maintain accurate and complete practitioner profile data base information. Request appropriate missing documents from the applicant, initiate verification letters according to P&P, including follow up letters. Maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. Plan and organize work priorities to work effectively and meet deadlines. Effectively perform general office duties
I enjoy working with my team and being apart of the medical staff. Everyone there is so friendly and personable, I meet someone new everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more

Sutter Health Salaries