Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employer Reviews

Family Birth Center
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Antioch, CADecember 19, 2014
I would consider delivering here if I was pregnant. The doctors, nurses and management were all a pleasure to work for. Like all hospital settings, there were fast and slow paced days. I was never without anything to do. Working here is what directed me into continuing work in the OB/GYN field of medicine.
Great Place to Work
Revenue Cycle Analyst/Trainer (Current Employee), SACRAMENTO CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: can be repetitve
Typical day is in a call center environment but everyone is very friendly.
I learned a great deal about revenue cycle management and analysis.
The hardest part of the job is staying busy if you're a fast worker but I'm sure many can handle that!
Organized fast paced enviroment
Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 12, 2014
Everyday was different at Sutter Health San Leandro Hospital Campus. A new day to learn new skills and advance. I learned many aspects from front office to employee relations.
Amazing multi-tasker
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2014
I am assertive, self-motivated, goal-oriented, organized, and efficient. I have the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines. Adept at both oral and written communication, I can interact effectively with individuals of all levels.
In the present position, I am employed as the Department Secretary for Sutter Medical Centers, Sacramento – more... Medical Staff Services. My chief roles have been to assist in the credentialing of physicians, allied health, and other practitioners. Assist with the processing of initial appointment/ recredentialing applications for participating entities. Maintain accurate and complete practitioner profile data base information. Request appropriate missing documents from the applicant, initiate verification letters according to P&P, including follow up letters. Maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. Plan and organize work priorities to work effectively and meet deadlines. Effectively perform general office duties
I enjoy working with my team and being apart of the medical staff. Everyone there is so friendly and personable, I meet someone new everyday. – less
Very friendly atmosphere.
Epic Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2014
This was a very large company> They were very welcoming and helpful during my time of employment. There were several hospitals. They were very caring and hardworking as a staff. I would definitely recommend this company.
Great Place to Work
Application Analyst III (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2014
I will go in each day and get my meetings ready, finish up priority dead lines.
I have been with Sutter 24 years and have worked in allot of different rolls. I get along with all and can do a lot of different rolls.
Sutter has taught me as i have gone through each step with them.
I enjoy working with everyone.
Mission-driven company with dedicated employees and leaders
Organizational Effectiveness Consultant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: generous benefits
Sutter is a great company to work for. Would highly recommend it. There are lots of changes underway, but that is just a reality of doing business these days.
worked with children of all ages
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee), Roseville CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: drug rep sponsored lunches, attachments with providers
Cons: sometimes long days
very fast paced medical clinic
answered multi lined phones
data entry
provided patient care assist with minor procedures
self initiated classes for patient demographics, registration and insurance
diverse atmosphere
AED,CPR,EGK, Spirometry trained
autoclave
March of Dimes Ambassador
Safety Officer
fun
exciting
hard part- there are a lot of families – more... that have chronic medical conditions
enjoyable part- smiling children even when I had to give them vaccines – less
Downsizing business
Accountant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Business is downsizing. The top management keeps changing ideas.
painting,crafts and hiking
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee), roseville,caNovember 10, 2014
mostly scanned reports on computers and check patients reports to be faxed and i had learned many things for different positions for 11 yrs .

i have handle many task with job projects

i enjoy working with co workers and they are friendly, great communications.

its hard part is slowly and i love to work to complete my jobs done not too slow working.

we – more... are social wit co workers with pot luck or decorated parties i enjoying doing that – less
Very professional, hard working staff who always try to put the patients first
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 4, 2014
A typical day at work is being busy for 8-9 hours per day. Try not to sit around. I learned a lot while at Sutter Health. My co-workers were awesome. Very friendly. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients who were very sick and may not make it. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching patients heal and become healthy individuals.
Great place for growth
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAOctober 29, 2014
The company allows you to make suggestions and takes it seriously. There is an emphasis on diversity, ergonomics and overall employee satisfaction. Safety is key. Overall, it's a great company to grow with and to learn from.
Workplace- Productive and Enjoyable
Richard Leal Director (Former Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2014
The workplace was productive everyday and enjoyable. The manager of the department was a great communicator and easy to approach. The co-workers and I work very well together and did team work very well.
Wonderful Company To Work For
Epic Consultant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: loved working with staff as well as patients
Cons: schedule subject to change have to be willing to adapted
Working With Physicians ,Anesthesiologist , Nurses Providing One On One Elbow Support
Healthcare on the cutting edge of medicine
Operations Manager Cardiopulmonary-SAFH (Former Employee), Auburn, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: training for advancement
Cons: reduction in workforce
Great place that provides lots of training for advancement.
Excellent stable position
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good healthcare benefits.
Cons: travel
Sutter Health Systems was a fast-pased, dynamic environment which required excellent multi-tasking skills.
The position required excellent medical and technical skills and the ability to prioritze tasks in an ever-changing environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the briliant and highly motivated staff on the Electronic Health – more... Records team. – less
Excellent stable position
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good healthcare benefits.
Cons: travel
Incredible organization with outstanding employees
Ambulatory Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free insurance for yourself and your family if the position is benefitted
My overall work experience was a positive one. My team was incredible and the resources available to the staff are surpassed by none.

Sutter Health puts a lot of time and money into their employees and works to ensure their satisfaction in the workplace.

Overall this is a wonderful organization to work for.
Typical day at work
Mental Health Specialist/Call Center Coordinator (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free parking and awesome staff.
Cons: unstable work environment.
Typical day included ensuring that patients were safe and adhering to their treatment goals as agreed to. I learned that it's important to guide and set an example of excellence for employees to follow. The hardest part of the job is staying alert and focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient leave/discharged from the hospital – more... stable and the awesome staff! – less
Great patients, great staff, terrible management
CMA/Mentor (Current Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: the management
Sutter offers great benefits, attracts great patients and staff. However, supervisors tend to micromanage and there is no room for advancement. It is extremely difficult to get a promotion or even a raise and the constant changes make one feel demoralized and unappreciated.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more