Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employer Reviews

Very Comfortable Environment to Work in
Certified Medical Assistant-Float Pool (Current Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free benefits, awesome work environment, endless learning opportunites
My typical day at work is not normally "typical." As a float I am expected to be quick on my feet and ready for change at any moment. I have learned, very well, how to adjust to different providers and their needs and preferences. Sutter Gould Medical Foundation has done an exceptional job with recruiting management to oversee staff and their every day tasks and goals. The most challenging portion of my job, yet the most exciting is having to change my schedule at a moments notice. The most enjoyable part of my job is handling patients.
Sutter Research is an indispensable core competency in Sutter Health’s transformation of healthcare to enhance well-being in our communities.
Project Coordinator/Research Analyst/EA (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
We are a national role model for the value of research to achieve the highest levels of patient-centered quality care, access, and affordability.
Caring and Compassionate team of employees.
Director, Material Management/ Site Leader (Former Employee), Crescent City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Provide decisive leadership and direction for 2 warehouses and inventory. Supervise, train, and evaluate 12 direct reports. Plan and coordinate end-to-end material management and operations including supply acquisition, receiving, storage, and distribution. Direct all aspects of purchasing/procurement, central supply, and patient transportation. Perform vendor and contract negotiations for vital hospital/patient supplies, services, and equipment. Serve as Logistics Leader for Disaster Preparedness Team. Analyze hospital needs, and recommend new materials and equipment.
HR Information System Data & Reporting
HR Information System Data and Reporting (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Process and maintain HR accounts as well as provide documentation for subpoenas, EDD claims and verify medical certifications are current. Provide IT support for applications related to HR Business Partners, Payroll, Benefits, and Recruitment departments.
Its a hospital
Hospital Attendant (Former Employee), Jackson, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Very great hospital located in the foothills of CA, Hospital is a non profit hospital who focus on their patients and have amazing care and doctors. Great management
Great benefits, good hours
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Davis, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great doctors to work with.
Cons: no advancements within the company .
Made some great friends. . Received a lot of experience and training. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed and not receiving help. The doctors in the office were amazing and very friendly and outgoing.
Good Workplace
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 31, 2015
I WANT JOB GROWTH. I am looking for career advancement, and a place where I can show case my talents. The hardest part of my job is that the day is repetitive. My co-workers are great to work with. I enjoy the atmosphere since it is fast paced, and there are always changes due to the nature of healthcare. I have learned some of the LEAN processes, and have applied what I have learned in graduate school thus far in implementing new projects.
Fast paced, Productive, Helping patients
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: helping patients
Cons: answering 60 or more calls a day, sitting long periods of time
A typical day at work in my dept. which was a call center, is to answer calls from patients all day, and fulfilling their request as for what they need. A typical day is answering 60 to 100 calls a day.

I learned how to use the EMR in IDX and Epic.

For the most part management is always willing to listen on how to improve the quality of your job, but never implement it.

Co-workers for the most part are nice and always willing to help you learn something new or help you accomplish what you may need.

The hardest part of the job is answering so many calls in one day and not being able to get up and move around, unless you are on break or at lunch.

The enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping patients who have a problem and are calling to see if they can be seen that day or the next, or get them the help they need over the phone.
This company is Employee-centric
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2015
The company is really focused on the Human aspect from patient to employees. Very positive atmosphere
productive company
Call Center Customer Service Rep/Medical Records (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: you are always busy
Cons: no cons
comein began to answer high volume of calls for patiets wanting to make appointments, request refills, and send messages to the doctor
Productive and a great place to work
Revenue Coordinator (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great people and enjoyed the patients
Overall I had a great experience; the doctors,nurses and the rest of the staff were extremely pleasant to work with.
Family Birth Center
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Antioch, CADecember 19, 2014
I would consider delivering here if I was pregnant. The doctors, nurses and management were all a pleasure to work for. Like all hospital settings, there were fast and slow paced days. I was never without anything to do. Working here is what directed me into continuing work in the OB/GYN field of medicine.
Great Place to Work
Revenue Cycle Analyst/Trainer (Current Employee), SACRAMENTO CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: can be repetitve
Typical day is in a call center environment but everyone is very friendly.
I learned a great deal about revenue cycle management and analysis.
The hardest part of the job is staying busy if you're a fast worker but I'm sure many can handle that!
Organized fast paced enviroment
Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 12, 2014
Everyday was different at Sutter Health San Leandro Hospital Campus. A new day to learn new skills and advance. I learned many aspects from front office to employee relations.
Amazing multi-tasker
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2014
I am assertive, self-motivated, goal-oriented, organized, and efficient. I have the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines. Adept at both oral and written communication, I can interact effectively with individuals of all levels.
In the present position, I am employed as the Department Secretary for Sutter Medical Centers, Sacramento Medical Staff Services. My chief roles have been to assist in the credentialing of physicians, allied health, and other practitioners. Assist with the processing of initial appointment/ recredentialing applications for participating entities. Maintain accurate and complete practitioner profile data base information. Request appropriate missing documents from the applicant, initiate verification letters according to P&P, including follow up letters. Maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. Plan and organize work priorities to work effectively and meet deadlines. Effectively perform general office duties
I enjoy working with my team and being apart of the medical staff. Everyone there is so friendly and personable, I meet someone new everyday.
Very friendly atmosphere.
Epic Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2014
This was a very large company> They were very welcoming and helpful during my time of employment. There were several hospitals. They were very caring and hardworking as a staff. I would definitely recommend this company.
Great Place to Work
Application Analyst III (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2014
I will go in each day and get my meetings ready, finish up priority dead lines.
I have been with Sutter 24 years and have worked in allot of different rolls. I get along with all and can do a lot of different rolls.
Sutter has taught me as i have gone through each step with them.
I enjoy working with everyone.
Mission-driven company with dedicated employees and leaders
Organizational Effectiveness Consultant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: generous benefits
Sutter is a great company to work for. Would highly recommend it. There are lots of changes underway, but that is just a reality of doing business these days.
worked with children of all ages
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee), Roseville CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: drug rep sponsored lunches, attachments with providers
Cons: sometimes long days
very fast paced medical clinic
answered multi lined phones
data entry
provided patient care assist with minor procedures
self initiated classes for patient demographics, registration and insurance
diverse atmosphere
AED,CPR,EGK, Spirometry trained
autoclave
March of Dimes Ambassador
Safety Officer
fun
exciting
hard part- there are a lot of families that have chronic medical conditions
enjoyable part- smiling children even when I had to give them vaccines
Downsizing business
Accountant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Business is downsizing. The top management keeps changing ideas.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more