Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Very good atomospher
HR Data/Compliance/Auditor (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 24, 2017
Managment could have a better training guideline to follow. I wish I had a better training situation or a book to work off of. The people I work with are great. I made a great connection with everyone there.
Challenges Available for Motivated Leaders
Director, Sutter Improvement System (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 20, 2017
Great people who continue to provide great care for their patients while navigating the frenzy of healthcare industry change! Dedicated leadership focused on developing the model of integrated care for the future.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Systems
Fast Pace, High Energy
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 18, 2017
Great place to learn and grow as a recruiter. Excellent work systems in place to capture data and provide feedback to the organization. Outstanding support team!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Large Workload
My Base of Experience
Student Intern (Sterile Processing) (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAApril 15, 2017
I was a student intern here and the overall rating is overwhelming. They helped me through my hands-on learning process and made me what I am right now
Fun place to work
HR Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 14, 2017
Really cool place to work and loved the environment . I learned a lot about benefits, retirement and payroll. A lot of information to retain. So be ready to take on the beast
Productive, organized, fast-paced
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2017
Overall, Sutter is probably the best place to learn front office tasks. Without the front office running smoothly, everything else will fall apart in the back office.
Pros
benefits, cleanliness, education
Cons
corporate
na
Medial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 13, 2017
Benefits are exceptional, especially health, dental and eye care.
The commute is the only reason I am in search for a new job at this time. Other wise I would be willing to stay.
ok
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAApril 12, 2017
It is busy environment, with plenty to do. Very involved with their community with walks, career days, holiday parades. Always looking for more ways to grow their brand
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients. I talk to people from all walks of life. They make my day! The supervisors are awesome and always there when you need their help, which is nice to have in this type of field work
very fun place to work
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2017
Very fast paced environment, learnt to deal with records release in a timely manner. Everybody worked together to achieve department goals. My hardest part of the job was finding surgery charts when they and not tracked to appropriate departments ltipl
Pros
Handling multiple task at once, in a very challenging environment
EDepartment of Sterile Processing was Great.
Certified Central Service Tech I, II (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 9, 2017
a typical day at work was pretty good.
most employees were not very happy with the hospital environment,
lots of bad politics, employees not treated fair.
the politics with management was very bad.
workplace culture was very unhappy.
the hardest part of the job was the politics and unfairness.
most enjoyable part was working in Sterile Processing.
Pros
Good Sterile Processing Dept.
Cons
wrong people in upper management.
OR/OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2017
Great place to work at! People and staff are all amazing and couldn't ask for a better team! Very blessed and happy to be working with such great professionals!
Pros
Perfection
Poor Management
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 6, 2017
If you like to work security and are lazy incompetent and don't care about the job or people around you you will do fine here.I found that working at Sutter if you actually care about your job and the organization they are quick to try to get rid of you
Fun place to work
Authorizations and Referrals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2017
Workplace culture is a comfortable environment . Excellent medical benefits, vision, dental. The typical day at work consist of reviewing referrals against guidelines.
Pros
MEDICAL BENEFITS
Snakes rats and clowns
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2017
If i could give this unit "pcu cviu" zero stars ...i would.. do not apply here unless you'd like to work with a crew of two faced backstabbing snakes that like to use you to do all of their work for them like a slave from the 1800's then sick management on you like the feds and harass new hires until you are forced to quit...this is your warning..
Pros
Cons
Management dosent do their job and uses your co workers lies against you
Great benefits and competitive pay
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2017
I have worked for Sutter for at lease a year. The benefits and pay are worthwhile; however, there are other companies that offer more. Also, management can be frustrating, some managers have no clinical experience and/or higher education. You can definitely get promoted within this company based upon personal relationships as opposed to qualifications.
Great and fun place to work
Medical Assistant- CCMA (Current Employee) –  Orinda, CAApril 2, 2017
There is always options to move up and grow. Great place to learn from experienced people. The doctors take the time to teach and explain. Anything that you do you will have a preceptor to help and be able to ask questions.
no advancement
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 31, 2017
No opportunities for advancement and underpaid. Coworkers are great and management but no opportunity to shine. This is not a forever job based on pay and advancement.
Nice place to work
Nice place to work, pleasant environment and great people to learn new things from.
Daily task was to answer calls from patients, assist with scheduling appointments and create and send telephone encounters to clinicians and staff members.
Cons
Lay offs due to budget cuts
Sutter Medical Foundation
Facility Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 29, 2017
Very much an employee center organization that treats all employees with respect and encourages career growth.
I would recommend to anyone seeking a positive environment to work in.
Pros
great culture