Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Great Benefits, Horrible Management
Receptionist (Current Employee), CaliforniaAugust 24, 2015
I have worked for this company for over 9 years and have seen the same problems throughout. There are cliques and if you are not apart of them you will not move up, no matter how good of a worker you are. Everyone seems to be threatened by those up and coming and will stop at nothing to keep you below them. The co-workers themselves are great but it is important to learn who you can trust quickly because many like to play both sides. The pay is satisfactory, and the benefits are great, but other than that, not somewhere to go if looking for a place to advance.
Productive and caring work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Antioch, CAAugust 19, 2015
Organized and provided documents, reports and information to department and external clients in a useful and well-organized manner. Created and maintained active files. Planned meetings and conference calls arrange and manage meetings. Take and compile minutes of meeting. I also order office supplies and equipment, Handled and screened telephone calls, routine mail and reallocate as required
most coworkers are great
Receptionist (Current Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 15, 2015
Good place to work for benefit-wise. Last CEO made a lot of unfortuate changes. I have been here for almost a decade. I have transferred into different departments and have met a lot of staff.
Competitive Pay, Great management
Central Distribution Technician (Current Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 10, 2015
Offer competitive pay and is willing to help you further your career in the healthcare field. Some departments are micromanaged.
My Experience is ok
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 6, 2015
This company is another Health Care company like the rest. Work hard to transfer into a department that fits you best or better if needed.
A typical medical call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: My schedule stayed the same, I had a flexible supervisor that let me change my hours around for personal doctor appointments, good medical benefits
Cons: I didn't like the cubical life that every call center has, the call center had become a hostile work environment after I had been there for 3 years, and there were 3 different supervisors during the 5 years that I was there, upper management promised promotions but never delivered
I scheduled patient's appointments and sent messages to their doctor's for questions related to their care or for prescription refill requests. I relayed messages from the providers to the patients. I scheduled appointment and took messages for over 80 different multi-specialty doctors and physician assistants. I properly routed all incoming calls to the correct departments or handled the call myself. I checked patient's eligibility prior to any medical services rendered. I also completed office work such as sorting through mail, updating patients’ medical records and demographics, filed and faxed paperwork to each doctor's office. I assisted in creating a call center representative training manual to be used for all new hires. Also trained new hires and I was considered the call center "guru"; I was the go to person if another coworker had questions about what was in our scope of support. I maintained HIPAA compliance at all times and worked closely with my supervisor to complete projects before their deadlines.
Great culture,nice place to work.
Case management (Former Employee), Seattle, waAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great place
Cons: Not enough break
Awesome place! Nice people. Great benefits. Company culture is good and flexibility. The staff have been really helpful in providing resources and giving assistance to other individuals.
Sutter is a great place to work. The consisent comment I received is "Everyone here is so nice ! "
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
My departments work day begins at 7am and ends at 4pm. Payroll and accounts payable is a fast pace department. Process daily mail, payroll changes, manual checks, expense checks, terminations, tax deposits, garnishments, benefits questions, new hires, work with employees with questions, human resource concerns and finance audit items. Meetings with IT other affiliates and treasury. Work with vendors on daily invoices, key invoices into system.
This question, what you learned, is difficult to answer. After 14 years I feel that I have gained a wealth of knowledge in every facet of my job. Time management, team building, payroll laws, so many software systems, how to handle difficult people, how to hire and terminate staff, department budgets, audits, conduct a meeting, the list seems endless.
My co-workers were fabulous always professional, intelligent, very helpful and excellent team work.
As a manager of any department the hardest part is trying to get everything done within a day. Always worked extra hours and took work home.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the employees have received a perfect pay check, that my department has performed well and we have put out a flawless product. It is important to have a reputation as being the department that others can count on and have confidence in. My department won "Most Outstanding Performance" twice in one year. I had an incredible staff and enjoyed working with them everyday.
Great company to work for with a clear focus
Contract Liaison (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits and pay
Cons: Limited term contract
This company is investing in technology to provide exceptional services. Great working environment and recognizes employess and advancement is open.
I have learned a lot in my 9 years as medical assistant and i have worked in 17 different specialities in sutter gould
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 28, 2015
I am working in a busy Urgent Care and I bring patient to the exam rooms and prepare them for the MD
I evaluate all patient and I can an RN involve for triage if need be

I also assist in minor procedure and carry out all orders within my job description
average place to work
LVN (Current Employee), CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great staff/coworkers, team environment encouraged
Cons: short/no time for breaks, pay is less than average
I think the environment and management are just average overall, pay is less than other orgs for same job title and training is almost non-existant.
was not the greatest enviroment
Orthopedic/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Davis, CAJuly 20, 2015
I was employed at sutter for many years and then after a simple mistake, I was fired two days later. this had nothing to do with my mistake, but was about the fact that the Management at Sutter tends ton play favorite's.
Great organization
Women's Health Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Stockton, CA.July 20, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: n/a
We have are crazy moments of rush madness but, with a great team we push through. A great organization to be a part of. We all come with diffrent personalitys and everyone has a story. Here everything is put to the side and work is our priorty. We are here to provide excellent customer service. My job is emotional, we deal with patients that are recently diagnosed with breast cancer. So, we are very sincer and sensative. I love what I do, I'm rewared knowing that I do everything I cam for every patient.
First travel assignment and agency
Staff II Nurse, Float Pool (Former Employee), Antioch, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Placement was easy and recruiter was nice
Cons: None
First travel assignment with agency. Recruiter was always available and returned calls/e-mails in a timely manner. Placement was done with ease, and planning for future assignment was done far enough in advance so that there would not be a moment in which I was not employed.
Very busy ED.
RN (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAJuly 11, 2015
I work with a very helpful team at SSMC. My immediate management is helpful and understands the issues we face in a setting which has been getting busier, due to various reasons, each year for the past seven years.
Good Benefits
Undisclosed (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
There a plenty of different job opportunities to explore with this company. Each affiliate offers different type of opportunities. They support internal movement. They offer good benefits.
Co workers are great pharmacists, but newer management is putting more of their work to staff when already short of both techs and RPHs
Inpatient Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), antioch, caJuly 2, 2015
Run so ragged throughout the whole work day. The overlap between pharmacists is minimum. We don't even have set process to get Floor surveys done. They don't hire, so when you need people, there is no one, or the Per-Diem are not willing to work more
and management does not say much to the Per Diem of their highly-selected hours either
Typical Call Center
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Easy work, nice customers, nice doctors, big desks
Cons: Unreliable rules always changing, 10 min breaks, smokers put at vehicular risk
My experience a typical day at work is usually when management is needed they are never there. Your told one rule of the company then told to do the opposite after you've been marked down for it. Your judged on the time of your phone call, therefore they would rather you rush off the call than give a quality performance. I learned what they say and what the expect is nearly always opposite. Hardest part of the job is being told one thing by your manager/supervisor (which can go against company rules) and getting marked down for it later. You will also get marked down if you don't say certain words at very particular points in the call, and yes if you say something similar it doesn't count because its up to interpretation of the quality control member who picked your call. Most enjoyable part is probably the customers themselves, doctors and most doctors office members are usually nice, the job is really easy, and the bigger desks you work at. Smokers are required to cross 4 lanes of traffic with out crosswalk, if you get hit by a car or a car slides on the ice and hits you company will not be liable, if your caught smoking on property your fired. Takes about 5 min to take stairs down to main floor and clear out to road, wait for traffic, finally cross you got about 3 min (if your lucky with traffic) to smoke, wait for traffic, finally cross back and book it upstairs in under 2 min, also better hope you didn't need to use the restroom cause time frame wise it's out of the question. I wouldn't suggest a smoker work here. Also switching to ecig, its the same process. If you don't smoke you can walk around the floor, or there are places for you to sit at that's not your desk or a break room with vending machines.
Excellent place
CBO revenue cycle team member (Current Employee), Roseville, CaJune 29, 2015
Love working for this company. Very integrated with wonderful knowledgeable people, wonderful leads and a great place to go into everyday.
Great company to work for
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Job was out sourced to Virginia
I worked billing and collections for the Infusion and Pharmacy for Sutter Health. I learned a lot about infusion drugs and how they are billed and FU with getting them paid.
Industry