Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

I have learned a lot in my 9 years as medical assistant and i have worked in 17 different specialities in sutter gould
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 28, 2015
I am working in a busy Urgent Care and I bring patient to the exam rooms and prepare them for the MD
I evaluate all patient and I can an RN involve for triage if need be

I also assist in minor procedure and carry out all orders within my job description
average place to work
LVN (Current Employee), CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great staff/coworkers, team environment encouraged
Cons: short/no time for breaks, pay is less than average
I think the environment and management are just average overall, pay is less than other orgs for same job title and training is almost non-existant.
was not the greatest enviroment
Orthopedic/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Davis, CAJuly 20, 2015
I was employed at sutter for many years and then after a simple mistake, I was fired two days later. this had nothing to do with my mistake, but was about the fact that the Management at Sutter tends ton play favorite's.
Great organization
Women's Health Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Stockton, CA.July 20, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: n/a
We have are crazy moments of rush madness but, with a great team we push through. A great organization to be a part of. We all come with diffrent personalitys and everyone has a story. Here everything is put to the side and work is our priorty. We are here to provide excellent customer service. My job is emotional, we deal with patients that are recently diagnosed with breast cancer. So, we are very sincer and sensative. I love what I do, I'm rewared knowing that I do everything I cam for every patient.
First travel assignment and agency
Staff II Nurse, Float Pool (Former Employee), Antioch, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Placement was easy and recruiter was nice
Cons: None
First travel assignment with agency. Recruiter was always available and returned calls/e-mails in a timely manner. Placement was done with ease, and planning for future assignment was done far enough in advance so that there would not be a moment in which I was not employed.
Very busy ED.
RN (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAJuly 11, 2015
I work with a very helpful team at SSMC. My immediate management is helpful and understands the issues we face in a setting which has been getting busier, due to various reasons, each year for the past seven years.
Good Benefits
Undisclosed (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
There a plenty of different job opportunities to explore with this company. Each affiliate offers different type of opportunities. They support internal movement. They offer good benefits.
Co workers are great pharmacists, but newer management is putting more of their work to staff when already short of both techs and RPHs
Inpatient Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), antioch, caJuly 2, 2015
Run so ragged throughout the whole work day. The overlap between pharmacists is minimum. We don't even have set process to get Floor surveys done. They don't hire, so when you need people, there is no one, or the Per-Diem are not willing to work more
and management does not say much to the Per Diem of their highly-selected hours either
Typical Call Center
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Easy work, nice customers, nice doctors, big desks
Cons: Unreliable rules always changing, 10 min breaks, smokers put at vehicular risk
My experience a typical day at work is usually when management is needed they are never there. Your told one rule of the company then told to do the opposite after you've been marked down for it. Your judged on the time of your phone call, therefore they would rather you rush off the call than give a quality performance. I learned what they say and what the expect is nearly always opposite. Hardest part of the job is being told one thing by your manager/supervisor (which can go against company rules) and getting marked down for it later. You will also get marked down if you don't say certain words at very particular points in the call, and yes if you say something similar it doesn't count because its up to interpretation of the quality control member who picked your call. Most enjoyable part is probably the customers themselves, doctors and most doctors office members are usually nice, the job is really easy, and the bigger desks you work at. Smokers are required to cross 4 lanes of traffic with out crosswalk, if you get hit by a car or a car slides on the ice and hits you company will not be liable, if your caught smoking on property your fired. Takes about 5 min to take stairs down to main floor and clear out to road, wait for traffic, finally cross you got about 3 min (if your lucky with traffic) to smoke, wait for traffic, finally cross back and book it upstairs in under 2 min, also better hope you didn't need to use the restroom cause time frame wise it's out of the question. I wouldn't suggest a smoker work here. Also switching to ecig, its the same process. If you don't smoke you can walk around the floor, or there are places for you to sit at that's not your desk or a break room with vending machines.
Excellent place
CBO revenue cycle team member (Current Employee), Roseville, CaJune 29, 2015
Love working for this company. Very integrated with wonderful knowledgeable people, wonderful leads and a great place to go into everyday.
Great company to work for
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Job was out sourced to Virginia
I worked billing and collections for the Infusion and Pharmacy for Sutter Health. I learned a lot about infusion drugs and how they are billed and FU with getting them paid.
Healthy environment to work in
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Plenty of room for growth.
Cons: Hard to get an interview
I have been employed with Sutter Health for almost year and I can say with out a doubt that my employment has been a wonderful experience.
There are plenty of growth and professional development opportunities available (you just have to be willing to work hard and set goals).
Production
Administrative Assistant/ Billing Specialist (Former Employee), RosevilleJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: None
Good company, great pay, managers are cool. would love to work here again, overtime was awesome. HR was very friendly and helpful
Diagnostic Imaging Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 21, 2015
Work place environment is exceptional
Patients ALWAYS come first
Embrace the LEAN concepts which empower the employee to make work related decisions that improve standard workflow
Great company to work for
Patient Service Rep / Front Office / Call Center (Former Employee), Fairfield/ OaklandJune 17, 2015
Workdays are enjoyable with a group of wonderful people. Management encourage employees to continue education and additional training to advance.
Excellent place to work
Clinical Nurse Educator/Contract (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 10, 2015
Great place to work. As an Clinical Nurse Educator, I received a lot of support from leadership, very professional and collaborative environment.
Productive and friendly atmosphere to work in
Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Super Friendly
Cons: Needs to open more areas (worldwide)
I love going there everyday. I learn something new every time.The management is great kind and friendly.My coworkers are the best there funny and kind people.The hardest part of my job is to find something that keeps me busy.The most enjoyable part of my job is just knowing that I can help.Going to a place where the know my name greet me as I walk in and say goodbye when I leave.
Registration
Provide Customer Service (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, communication, Training
Preregister patients by phone
Verification of Insurances-Eligbility and Benefits
Call providers for Authorization Request
Scan Doctors orders, insurance information, and authorizations into DI.
Submit TAR request thru Partnership website
Communicate with Departments and coworkers
Great management!
Medical Billing Specialist (IR Coder) (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2015
In Sutter Health, there is so much potential for carer growth. Management finds your strength and hone your skills. Employees are well competitively compensated.
I had a productive experience working in this environment
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: I got the chance to network with healthcare professionals
Cons: I did not get hired
A typical day at work started off by checking the schedule and preparing rooms as necessary to accommodate patients, and making sure work from the previous day if there was any got finished. I learned how to prioritize and utilize my time at the clinic. My co-workers were very helpful and let me room patients, and trained me so well that I was able to room patients and administer injections as needed to patients on my own.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more

Sutter Health Salaries