Sutter Health Employee Reviews

I'm proud to say I worked at Sutter
General Radiology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I worked at Sutter Gould Medical Foundation. The imaging team from director to student was awesome. A real family feel, with support from administration. I was so sorry I had to leave. If you get a chance, join that team. You will be a better employee, patient advocate and person for doing so. Thank you SGMF.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Good Hospital system
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 22, 2018
A company that embraces technology to manage work flows. Always a challenge to find better ways to streamline things. The addition of mobile devices and their build and management has increased my knowledge of work possibilities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
location move too far from home
will not recommend
Educator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I have been contacted by a recruiter from Sutter Health and I was so excited to work there but the director of the department did not communicate clearly the expectations they had. The workplace culture is horrible everyone is competing against each other, you don't feel like part of a team at all. You don't feel supported by any way from the management. I would not recommend anyone to work at sutter health.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
not so great retirement benefits, the pay is lower compared to other bigger facilities. Management is poor.
Poor management; busy work days,
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 12, 2018
This is a very busy ER pretty much all times of the year. Unfortunately, management is weak and incompetent. Though as the ER is expanding another 36 beds, there is hope of great improvement and new leadership.
Very pood IT Leadership
Sr. Project Manager-3 - IS PMO (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 9, 2018
IT leadership is not just poor but completely inefficient.
There is A PMO that does not follow PMO methodologies - Unreasonable demands from Leadership supersede PMO best practices which makes the entire IT department and PMO a toxic environment to work in.

When the IT leadership forces a PM to provide a go-live date before a project team has been assembled, that is wrong!

When the PMO leadership says just provide a go-live date and if you miss it create a new date, that is wrong!

The IT environment suits paper-pushers and 'Yes-Men and Women'.

Anyone else worth their experience will leave.
Pros
Pay is market rate
Cons
Inefficient, Ineffective IT department
a great family oriented work environment.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAFebruary 9, 2018
A great place to work. A nice work environment. We all work together as a team. 12 hour shifts for Sonographers. Up to date ultrasound equipment. clean facility.
Communications, Corporate control Unable to keep staffing
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Early morning draw, outpatient, ER, ICU, timed rounds, knowledge of all hospital lab operations. Made it hard on employees as we were unable to keep help. Most enjoyable patients
Pros
employees willing to trade shifts
Cons
wages
Amazing Career
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Answering 100's of calls daily. Very highly stressful, however, very well compensated.
Management started out very considerate, however, due to job security management took a hit
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
non stop stress, making a quota. Very micromanaged
Hostile supervisor
Case Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Loved the job and co-workers but supervisor and manager were hostile. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor and manager when I was on night shift and they were not available for assistance and guidance.
workplace culture
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The culture is very nice and family oriented, caring and supportive. People there are profession and friendly. How ever, it is a very fast place and at time can be stressful.
Cons
Fast pace, sometime can be stressful

Want to know more about Sutter Health?

Ask a question
I used to love it
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I have been a medical assistant for over 20 years and over 17 years of it with Sutter. After many years they informed me that my years of service did not mean anything when they changed there office hours and I could not work after 5 pm. They had a Dr. that was working 7 to 4 that needed an MA and they refused to have me work with her and made me work hours I was unable to work due to my child care situation. I can work until 5 pm. I then had to go into a office position that I was told I would get trained for and they have not been fair on the learning time allowed. I am not happy at a company that I had planned on staying with until I retired.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
not employee friendly when it comes to work life balance
Constant Change
FINANCIAL CLEARANCE TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 6, 2018
If you like change this is the job for your rules and processes change just about everyday. Don't get used to what you are doing today because most likely you will not be doing it tomorrow. At the Central billing office there is NO compensation for being bilingual.
Pros
Great benefits, Great Organization
Cons
Micro Managed, PTO and Holiday pay combined
Patient Care Support Specialist Sacramento (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Keep a positive attitude at all times and provide great team work. Always strive to move up the latter and don't be afraid to bring new ideas to the table.
Pros
Always room for new opportunity
Cons
Breaks are not always provided
They are unfair with the management system
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  OncologyJanuary 31, 2018
They want you to follow rules with no questions no excuses unfair communication or skills for training,they give the training for unfair person who is jumping for what ever they want.
great place to work.
Head Legal Clerk 5 years (Former Employee) –  Centralized Release of Information for SMFJanuary 31, 2018
Sutter is a great company to work for.

I started out as a medical records clerk and when i left i was the lead legal medical records clerk.
While i was there they went from paper charts to total EMR.
I was part of the clinical side of the transition from paper to EMR.

Then went from there to part of the initial team for the Centralized release of information dept. Then on to the the complete centralized medical records dept for 7 counties in North Central CA. Where we processed all incoming records to patient EMR and the release of inforamtion dept.

My supervisor when i left was great.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes work load over bearing.
Solid employment with great benefits but no room for advancement
Medical coder (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2018
The coders are not allowed to talk for the first 3 hours every morning although we are subject to the noise and chatting of other groups around us. We are held at a high standard. We must code a productivity of 300 or more radiology studies per day with zero error rate.Our studies include nuclear med, CT, MR, US, mammograms, biopsy of breasts, x-rays, and We do have a coding instructor in another department who brings the coders together during the year for advanced training in E/M and auditing classes for which we recieve CEUs.
Pros
Solid job with good bennefits.
Cons
No room for advancement and very low pay for professional coders
Great in advancing in your career
Cardiovascular Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I have only been with Sutter for about a year and a half and with my time here I can already see the opportunities for advancement. I, myself have been cross trained so have experienced that first hand.
Competitive
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Sutter has many pro's and con's when working for this facility. I would not recommend working at the Stockton Sutter Health but would recommend there outside facilities in Modesto, Sacramento, and Bay area.
Pros
Insurance, ability to grow.
Cons
Poor management, Company is losing many patients because of patient cost.
not a fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 30, 2018
age discrimination at the upmost highest, micro managed, sweat shop mentality, management does not know how to lead staff. low moral. does not value experienced employees
Pros
Cons
micro managed, only favors young people 20-30 years
Very busy, High patient volume
RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Great place to work, very busy, demanding physically, high volume work flow. Great management. A lot of high intense volume of patients seen each day. Some very sick patients do come in for x-rays, some lifting involved and physically can be demanding. Its nice when you can help a patient and help with there medical care and see how you can make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Patient interaction, Patient relationships, helping people
Cons
fast pace, sick people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

69out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sutter Health.