Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

nice quiet place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Yuba City,CAMay 7, 2015
I come in, check pt in that walk in and draw their blood, I then process it and get it ready for the courier to pick up and take to the main lab for testing.
Daily Routine as a Food and Nutrition Supervisor at California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC)
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great environment and learning experience
Cons: Unstable schedule
Typically the Supervisor of the Food and Nutrition Department at California Pacific Medical Center will work closed with Registered Dietitian, Dietary supervisors and kitchen staff to provide quality food production, service, education, and nutritional care to patients/clients at CPMC.
The environment at CPMC is very diverse, positive, and offers a great learning experience related to management and leadership.
We work in a very fast-paced environment where we learn to delegate and share space and assignments with co-workers.
We face daily challenges that can be related to operational or personnel. These are why I enjoy being a supervisor of the Food and Nutrition Department at CPMC.
Good company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, CAMay 4, 2015
Good company to work for. Don't demand overly to much and keep you busy and compensate well. Good benefits package. Very busy though at times and can be stressful.
Great working environment
Master Site Plan Application Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 30, 2015
Great teams and projects to learn new downstream workflows from different people and systems. Management has always been there and helpful throughout your work cycle.
Great place to start career
Regional Department Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
Great place to start career in Healthcare. Organizational restructure happening which make mean more personnel. The most enjoyable part of my job is my schedule. I was also entrusted to do a lot of different tasks .
better than most places to work. the small comunity makes us feel more connected to each other and our patients
LVN (Current Employee), Jackson, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: improvements every day for safety to staff and patients. supportive co-workers and management
Cons: getting rid of LVN's who are skilled, with longivity and loyalty to the company
Sutter works as a team, provides support. Co-workers are enjoyable to be around, like a second family. a typical day at work is very busy, management is supportive, co-workers are supportive, the hardest part of the job is the work-load and difficult patients. the most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient improves.
Primarily built employee access records
E.H.R. Service Desk Agent (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 14, 2015
Primarily built employee access records, working with analysts to ensure proper access. Office is a 24 hour location assisting medical staff with any problems they may encounter.
A Great company to work if you like multiple bosses and micromanagement
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: low cost healthcare premiums, lower copays.
Cons: too many managers, high turnover of management, no confidence in HR, only 3 days of absences allowed, Inefficient work practices, "Not for profit" company with shareholders.
See pros and cons below. I did not like working for a medical provider that would not accommodate me for doctor requested medical absences. I had to fill out FMLA paperwork for every since illness! Then their disability dept would mess up the dates that the leave was approved for and I was written up multiple times for taking doctor recommended time off because the FMLA paperwork came back later (after I had returned to work) not covering my days off. This occurred multiple times.
great
Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Mather, CAApril 4, 2015
work for about 9 months with Sutter Heath. I will recommend it to someone looking for a job. Management is great and very comprehensive.
Great exposure to pharmacy
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Education from drug reps
Cons: none
• Headed the organization of patient admission information for scheduled patients
• Admitted, registered and scheduled patients (involving patient demographics, insurance information, disease state/medication)
• Connected patients with information regarding treatment from doctors, laboratories and insurance companies

Great environment for exposure to medication usage and practice with interacting with various healthcare professionals, as well as patients. My love of pharmacy began with this job and I truly enjoyed every minute at the Infusion Center, starting from when I was first a volunteer in high school.
my daily routine
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Ceres, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not being able to work with my school schedule.
My typical day at work would consist of starting off with CLIA controls, set up my computers in the exam rooms. I will room patients and in between I would manage my messages, referrals, and prior authorizations. I also sort out my incoming and outgoing faxes.

In the past 5-6 years, I have learned so much about medicine. I really enjoy taking care of patients. Making sure they are happy just really makes my day and love what I do.

The hardest part of my job is losing patients and being unable to fit them in my doctor's work schedule.
Community minded integrated health system that cares about its patients and staff
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Davis, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Really cares about patients and staff
Cons: Only serves Northern California
I worked for Sutter Health for 10 years and my only regret was that I left. This is a superb organization, blind to color, ethnicity and does not have a glass ceiling to break. This is a forward thinking organization that has been able to adapt to the rapidly changing healthcare environment without sacrificing quality or compassion.
enjoyable, honest compassionate
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 19, 2015
respectable workloads, good attitudes, compassionate care for patients, encourage education, management is fair and respectful, co workers are easy to get along with and always eager to help, the most enjoyable part of my job, having the time to respectively assess and treat patients to the best of my ability
Good Company with Patients at the Core of Their Work
Wellness Operations Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2015
Sutter Health is a forward-thinking company that proactively tries to engage trends ahead of time. They have patients at the core of all of their work, they give more to the community than any other non-profit hospital, and I think the Executive Leadership is sound.
Great Environment. Great People.
Phlebotomy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMarch 17, 2015
I did not work for Sutter Health for too long. I only worked there for a week as a Phlebotomy Tech doing my externship, But I would have to say if i could work there i would the people were very helpful to let me bring my skills into the work place & i had great trainers. The patients there all loved their phlebotomist. Not only is it a serious environment because it is a hospital and people are mostly there for their sicknesses, but the people that work there always seemed to be a positive inspiration and uplifting to the patients.
Learning Maps
End User Facilitator-Trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento CAMarch 10, 2015
Co-Workers Team environment-- typical work day hour Prep time and training class or supporting class with another trainer
Sutter Health
DEPARTMENT SECRETARY (contractor) (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Very busy from the moment you come in to the moment you leave. The company is always trying to be innovative and a step ahead of other health care providers,
Very Comfortable Environment to Work in
Certified Medical Assistant-Float Pool (Current Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free benefits, awesome work environment, endless learning opportunites
My typical day at work is not normally "typical." As a float I am expected to be quick on my feet and ready for change at any moment. I have learned, very well, how to adjust to different providers and their needs and preferences. Sutter Gould Medical Foundation has done an exceptional job with recruiting management to oversee staff and their every day tasks and goals. The most challenging portion of my job, yet the most exciting is having to change my schedule at a moments notice. The most enjoyable part of my job is handling patients.
Sutter Research is an indispensable core competency in Sutter Health’s transformation of healthcare to enhance well-being in our communities.
Project Coordinator/Research Analyst/EA (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
We are a national role model for the value of research to achieve the highest levels of patient-centered quality care, access, and affordability.
Caring and Compassionate team of employees.
Director, Material Management/ Site Leader (Former Employee), Crescent City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Provide decisive leadership and direction for 2 warehouses and inventory. Supervise, train, and evaluate 12 direct reports. Plan and coordinate end-to-end material management and operations including supply acquisition, receiving, storage, and distribution. Direct all aspects of purchasing/procurement, central supply, and patient transportation. Perform vendor and contract negotiations for vital hospital/patient supplies, services, and equipment. Serve as Logistics Leader for Disaster Preparedness Team. Analyze hospital needs, and recommend new materials and equipment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more

Sutter Health Salaries