Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employer Reviews

I was able to network at this job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lafayette, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: rare promotions
A typical day at work could be busy at times depending on the day. I learned a lot about organizational skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was the out of the office meetings and being able to meet other employees in the company.
Productive and successful place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2014
Love to work since i am on my feet throughout my shift and helping patients in their need of time.
I would rate Sutter a Medium
CBX Operator/Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 29, 2014
Sutter Gould it self is a good company its the dept and the management that are not so great. If you are a family person this job is not for you. Sutter Gould is strictly about numbers and making $ not so much for there employees. The pay is not that great either.
Overall great experience working in a hospital environment.
Desktop Technician Contractor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of going through my Remedy tickets and troubleshooting issues such as application malfunctions, printer connectivity, hardware and peripheral installation, login issues, and email issues in Outlook 2010. One thing I learned was how to use an application called AutoCAD which is an application that keeps track of where – more... inventory and furniture is located. you can also edit building plans using AutoCAD. Management was really good he was always straight forward and willing to assist if I needed him. Overall my manager was really easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was coordinating a project to setup over 20 users with new laptops, desktops PCs, monitors, chairs and tables but it was lot of fun setting the rooms up. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping users and seeing them satisfied after I helped solve their issues. – less
Productive and challenging place to work for
Charge RN (Former Employee), Davis, CAJune 18, 2014
Diverse environment and the staff really enjoys working there.
Considered the Top 100 Best places to work.
Busy office with diverse population of patients.
Government Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no backup for my position in case i needed to be out.
Interacted with patients, drug representatives, and doctor's offices and staff. Process billing forms, scheduled follow up visits and procedures and surgeries. Had to be very detailed oriented and professional. Enjoyed helping the patients.
Productive and nurse friendly workplace
*ER Registry Nurse (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: my commute
Great place to work!!!

Great work flow with a team atmosphere!!!

Management is very approachable and hands on!!!

Coworkers are very helpful!!

Toughest part of the job for me is the commute.

It's enjoyable to work with all individuals at this facility!!
Great Benefits
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 4, 2014
-Checking in and out patients,make appointments, answer calls,8-5,

-Having patience, listening, understand patients issues

-She communicates with us, which is GREAT!

-Work with a great team, respect is HUGE

-Not enough help somethimes

-Working with great people and meeting people
The Sutter Health System adds value to the Community.
Provider Network Liaison (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 2, 2014
Employees put patient care first. Sutter Health is a valuable asset to the community and a great place to work.
i will do my best at all time at my job
respiratory therapist (Current Employee), Lakeport, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: when things settle down i feel moral will improve
Cons: short or no breaks
sutter is going through a major change in it's ways of managing a company.
they just installed epic for computer charting.
they are also down sizing which does cause alot of stress on the employees.
the fun part that being a smaller hospital the people that work here are very close. pot lucks etc.
great patient care clinic
Medical Assistant Float (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 26, 2014
Pros: great communication skills
great team work with great doctors and staff that provides great patient care along with good management.
Stable employer
Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 21, 2014
Sutter is a traditional employer that almost resembles the federal government.
great place to learn and work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: all pt care
Patient assesments, Hemodynamic monitoing, All medications including drips. Patient advocate including patient teaching.
Very good place to work, employees are respectful
Billing Specialist / Medicare Biller (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaMay 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, management are supportive and helpful
Cons: billing office is in sacramento, long drive.
Management are supportive and helpful and they acknowledge your hard work.
Sutter has been a wonderful organization to work for. They value my commitment to quality of care, learning and making a difference.
Social Services Designee (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2014
Pros: staff recognition, tuition reimbursement/ongoing educational opportunities
A typical day at work would start with checking email, voice mail and then out on the floor saying good morning to staff and patients.
With in the normal schedule of meetings, activities and paperwork that are a part of everyday work, I remained very flexible and open to change of direction with little or no notice.
In a busy hospital setting, we are – more... all called to be responsible for patient care and customer needs as they arise, not as they conveniently fit into our schedule!

I worked with an innovative, committed and compassionate team and we were very supportive of one another.

Best part of the job was knowing that I contributed to the quality of life of someone and that I made a difference to them.

The hardest part of the job was that there was often not enough time to accomplish all I wanted to and accept that much of my work was an ongoing process, not something that could be contained in an eight hour day. – less
Very fasy work enviromnent
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 25, 2014
This causes you you think on your toes. You do basically every job in the office regardless of your job title.
My manager yells at employees publicly, so this is why I am pursuing work elsewhere.
Besides that, I love my job. I get to assist with lacerations, start IV's from time-to-time. Draw blood, catheters, doing multiple lab tests, neb treatments, – more... patient education....an tons more – less
Wonderful experience
WTM Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 23, 2014
Very complex project, a wonderful professional experience, thankful to have been a part of such a successful project.
N/A
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Burlingame, CAApril 16, 2014
Great people to work with. First office job I enjoyed. Management was unlike any other job site I've experienced. Loved the time I spent there. Co-workers were fantastic.
Great learning and fun place to work
Medical Assistant Wound Care Aide (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 9, 2014
My workday has many wonderful parts to it. I get to work and set up the patient charts for that day by putting labels and paperwork in them. Every 20 minutes i get a new patient with some sort of interesting wound. Some days i work with Physical Therapist and other days I get to work with the Wound Doctors.. Either way I have learned a lot from both. – more... I love working with people and getting to know the patients. Some things were difficult in the beginning but now dressing changes, packing wounds, and wound vacs all come pretty easy. The best part is when I work with the Doctors because they like to teach me things if I dont know it. – less
Horrible Leadership
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: good field to have experience in
Cons: broken culture within the organization
Sutter hires the cheapest, least educated team they can, and then withold training and skill development. The result is that management are those that have stuck around the longest (have fewer opportunities to go elsewhere?) instead of those with the best skill set. Low performers are allowed to slack while high performers are micromanaged and overworked.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sutter Health

Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood – Read more