Sutter Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great pay, great benefits
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 9, 2016
I currently working for a growing hospital in Roseville. Great company to work with amazing benefits. The schedule in my department is very flexible and great management. This company really cares about their employees and their education. Tuition reimbursement is available. Most peopleI know that work her have been here for 10 years +. Says so much about an employer when they actually keep their employees.
Benefits
Great Benefits but Horrible Management Pt II
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mather Field OfficeOctober 19, 2015
Was so excited to be hired on by SPS. The work-life balance and benefits are awesome. Fellow Admin Assistants were a great team to work with. However, Department Head was a piece of work. Learned that prior assistants also suffered the same fate after only a short time. No class and banking on many years of working for SPS as a ticket to treat Admin Assistant like ..... After only a couple of months employment, made a couple of costly mistakes as a result of the enormous stress of working under this person. Was summoned by HR and as this saint sat quietly as my mistakes were reviewed, was given 30 day chance to improve. Decided that resigning was a much better option then 30 more days of unbearable stress I endured. Be careful, Admin Assistants aren't treated very well in this environment.
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Poor Management skills overlooked for work experience
600 Coffee RD/Horrible Place to Work
Receptionist and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 11, 2016
Employees are not valued. Discrimination and employee abuse from management and HR are all over the place here. Union is much needed. The hardest part of the job is not the job itself but that nobody cares about me in this company.
Benefits
Cons
Management do not appreciate their employees. Always overworked and stressed staff.
AWFUL MANAGEMENT - great benefits
mental health provider (Current Employee) –  Berkeley CASeptember 24, 2015
The work culture may outwardly appear to be friendly and accommodating. After 8 years, the facade became transparent, and I now see the cliques and power games I was warned about. This company does not walk its talk of honesty and integrity, I'm afraid. The best part of my job was working with the clients and doing my best to provide excellent and compassionate care. Most of my co-workers have been great. I have learned alot working with the professional team I'm on. No complaints are permitted, no matter how nice you say them. The hardest part of my job has been dealing with the dysfunctional management - lack of vision, about 10 years behind. Anti-union, disrespect to nurses is rampant. Insistence upon rating your manager high regardless of the reality. Super stressful when management targets you & pretends they aren't. Don't plan to stay too long - they won't let you get to10 years. Loved my job and close co-workers, but can't tolerate the hostility and petty meanness of those in control.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management is awful
Opportunity to be creative, advancement potential.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 13, 2015
Having a passion for strong customer satisfaction I was provided this opportunity daily while supporting a diverse group of managers. Every day was different, I was able to utilize my multi-tasking skills and ability to be a team player. I had an amazing relationship with my manager, he taught me the industry as well as so much information that I can use in any position, and life itself.
Pros
Cons
Supporting management sometimes created conflict with co-workers (small department)
Great Place to work very supportive a good pay
Outpatient Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2015
A great place to work competitive pay very supportive of continued education. I have worked for Sutter over 12 years and there is a family atmosphere.
Pros
Very supportive of continued education and great benefits
Cons
In current position no room for growth
Positive working environment and friendly bosses
Unit Secretary and Hospital Biller (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 8, 2015
I enjoy working here and feel that most of the people are friendly and willing to help. The cafeteria has pretty good food and they focus on somewhat healthy food. We receive a 20% discount in the cafeteria. My boss is flexible and willing to allow me time of when necessary. As long as I show up and do a good job, I am free to work and accomplish my daily goals.
Pros
Years of service dinner and bonus starting at 5 years and company picnic at Sunsplash yearly.
Cons
No merit raises, rewards, or annual bonuses.
Always looking forward going to work to see my coworkers.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2015
I have enjoyed working for such a great company. The health benefits are amazing because you hardly pay anything for them. The management team are great as well they truly care about their employees.
Pros
Free coffee, Great Benefits, Great management and coworkers
Great Benefits, Horrible Management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2015
I have worked for this company for over 9 years and have seen the same problems throughout. There are cliques and if you are not apart of them you will not move up, no matter how good of a worker you are. Everyone seems to be threatened by those up and coming and will stop at nothing to keep you below them. The co-workers themselves are great but it is important to learn who you can trust quickly because many like to play both sides. The pay is satisfactory, and the benefits are great, but other than that, not somewhere to go if looking for a place to advance.
What I have learned
Patitent Service Representative Call Center- Lead (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAOctober 18, 2015
Sutter provides an active role in educating its medical records clerks. From operations to HIPPA to customer service Sutter provided me with support and encouragement. The supervisor and team I worked for were cohesive and passionate about their job
Pros
always celebrates success
Cons
no benefits for part time
Awful place to work
Accounts representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 18, 2015
I worked for sutter for over 2 years and it was the worst place I have ever worked at. This company does not care about education or experience. They will hire anyone regardless of whether or not they meet the requirements for the job. They might as well save money on posting them and just hiring their friends or uneducated cousin because that's what will happen anyway. The management reminded me of the "cool" kids in high school too stupid to graduate but still showed up even if they got nothing done. It is very unprofessional and for a company in the health care industry, they cared very little for their employees. I found this place to be not only a waste of two years but also a regression to my career. I worked off phones but started on the phones and there was no difference both had awful management. So if you're in the market for a place where favoritism is everything and your boss is incompetent then this is the place for you.
Pros
Not all work there is on the phone
Cons
Too many to list
Very Hostile Environment
Program Manager III - Information Systems PMO (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAFebruary 4, 2016
If you enjoy working for a company that is very political where promotions are given to friends instead of based on merit. Where you receive no training and are treated as if your a slave, put down repeatedly, made to feel dumb. In constant fear of loosing your job. This may be the place for you. Multiple times I face discrimation to the point I wanted to just give up on my life. If one director does not like you she will talk to all the other directors and you will be blackballed across the entire organization. It was really bad for me. I don't wish this on anyone.
Pros
pay is somewhat good
Cons
leadership creates hostile environment
Reviewing and striving for the qaulity of Healt care provided to Sutter Medical Group paitents
Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with providing all Sutter Medical Group patients with the great quality of care. I have learned with my over 13 years of medical experience that patient care is more than what the patient sees. The front desk is just the front line, however there is a lot more effort that goes into the production of health care to provide patients with a great experience during their health care appointments. Management is pretty awesome without micro managing employees. The hardest part about the job is not having a lot of room to grow. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of patients without having to be on the front line since seeing blood or broken bones would cause me to faint. I am still able to impact patient care without having to be physical at their appointments
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no free lunches
Great Benefits, but hard to advance
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove CaliforniaOctober 21, 2015
Working for Sutter was like a dream come true, I always wanted to work for a Medical facility. I started working for Sutter while going to school as a Patient Service Representative in the Elk Grove Call Center which is no longer there. I stayed there for almost 4 years with the hope that when I graduated with a Business Management degree I would work my way up, but I found myself stuck in my same position even after applying many times to different positions within. This experience made me realize that I needed to move on because I was no longer happy. I know that I have so much more to offer.
Pros
Is a good place to work for a career
Cons
Very very hard to grow within, they do not give opportunities to recent graduates
Great work environment
phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, Ca.September 9, 2015
Sutter Gould is a wonderful company to work for and to be a patient. great work security, benefits and education composition.
Pros
recognition through the company
Cons
n/a
Great company to work for with a clear focus
Contract Liaison (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2015
This company is investing in technology to provide exceptional services. Great working environment and recognizes employess and advancement is open.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Limited term contract
A typical medical call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 3, 2015
I scheduled patient's appointments and sent messages to their doctor's for questions related to their care or for prescription refill requests. I relayed messages from the providers to the patients. I scheduled appointment and took messages for over 80 different multi-specialty doctors and physician assistants. I properly routed all incoming calls to the correct departments or handled the call myself. I checked patient's eligibility prior to any medical services rendered. I also completed office work such as sorting through mail, updating patients’ medical records and demographics, filed and faxed paperwork to each doctor's office. I assisted in creating a call center representative training manual to be used for all new hires. Also trained new hires and I was considered the call center "guru"; I was the go to person if another coworker had questions about what was in our scope of support. I maintained HIPAA compliance at all times and worked closely with my supervisor to complete projects before their deadlines.
Pros
My schedule stayed the same, I had a flexible supervisor that let me change my hours around for personal doctor appointments, good medical benefits
Cons
I didn't like the cubical life that every call center has, the call center had become a hostile work environment after I had been there for 3 years, and there were 3 different supervisors during the 5 years that I was there, upper management promised promotions but never delivered
Great culture,nice place to work.
Case management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, waAugust 1, 2015
Awesome place! Nice people. Great benefits. Company culture is good and flexibility. The staff have been really helpful in providing resources and giving assistance to other individuals.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not enough break
Sutter is a great place to work. The consisent comment I received is "Everyone here is so nice ! "
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2015
My departments work day begins at 7am and ends at 4pm. Payroll and accounts payable is a fast pace department. Process daily mail, payroll changes, manual checks, expense checks, terminations, tax deposits, garnishments, benefits questions, new hires, work with employees with questions, human resource concerns and finance audit items. Meetings with IT other affiliates and treasury. Work with vendors on daily invoices, key invoices into system.
This question, what you learned, is difficult to answer. After 14 years I feel that I have gained a wealth of knowledge in every facet of my job. Time management, team building, payroll laws, so many software systems, how to handle difficult people, how to hire and terminate staff, department budgets, audits, conduct a meeting, the list seems endless.
My co-workers were fabulous always professional, intelligent, very helpful and excellent team work.
As a manager of any department the hardest part is trying to get everything done within a day. Always worked extra hours and took work home.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the employees have received a perfect pay check, that my department has performed well and we have put out a flawless product. It is important to have a reputation as being the department that others can count on and have confidence in. My department won "Most Outstanding Performance" twice in one year. I had an incredible staff and enjoyed working with them everyday.
Pros
Great working environment
Very Comfortable Environment to Work in
Certified Medical Assistant-Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 21, 2015
My typical day at work is not normally "typical." As a float I am expected to be quick on my feet and ready for change at any moment. I have learned, very well, how to adjust to different providers and their needs and preferences. Sutter Gould Medical Foundation has done an exceptional job with recruiting management to oversee staff and their every day tasks and goals. The most challenging portion of my job, yet the most exciting is having to change my schedule at a moments notice. The most enjoyable part of my job is handling patients.
Pros
free benefits, awesome work environment, endless learning opportunites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.