Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation Employee Reviews

fast and awsome place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2018
i loved working at the sutter pacific medical foundation. i had really great experience working at the sutter. i get to learn a lot and also get to try my skills at the work that i learned from my school.
daily work duties
Lead Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 22, 2018
on a daily basis I would come in, clean the lab from the night before, open the lab, draw blood, process, register patients, the other lab techs would get there, so they could take over drawing blood, while I could keep processing and registering. get samples ready to be sent off the main lab.
Pros
good benifits
Great co-workers
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Loved my JOB!
Excellent facility, great benefits.
Learned so much about Cardiology and how to operate a department. I scheduled walk in patients, answered constant phones and scheduled patients on the phone, and scheduled doctor appointments, for follow up's with the cardiologist.
Authorized all ( if necessary ) cardiology tests and appointments.
Pros
work enviornment
Great benefits
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 20, 2017
It was a great place to work. A team environment. The doctors were always teaching us. We did a lot of advanced exams like. Bolus injected MRA's, Breast biopsy, MRCP, Musculoskeletal exams and body MRI's. I was a challenging environment
Pros
Working on the latest equpment
Cons
Stressful at times
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 20, 2017
Good place to work, great co-workers and managers.
Good hours and pay.
Sutter is a large corporation and you are expected to work in high volumes with a large selection of knowledge.
Large variety of jobs available
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 4, 2017
If you love taking care of patients and enjoy going to work everyday you are blessed. But Sutter is run akin to a corporate environment not a healthcare company.
Pros
Benefits are great! Many locations
Cons
very competitive corporate environment
Very busy clinic! I love busy.
Medical Assistant/Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 27, 2017
Internal medicine is a very challenging clinic. I love that I developed so many skills, especially in a teaching facility for residents. You work with different personalities and several doctors each day. I learned to multitask between patients and admin work.
the staff was great.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA 95405June 7, 2017
being a big company, the benefits could be better and could have paid vacation for the holidays. I didn't really like that about Sutter. overall the patients and the staff are GREAT!
Challenging work I love being on the team
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2017
I enjoy working with doctors and building friendships with my co-workers. I like the family atmosphere in the office. I love our patients and they love me. I have an awesome supervisor. I enjoy working at Sutter. The only down part I can say about this job..is that sometimes change comes to often. I like more of a routine type office..I know sometimes life shows up and things happen that require the routine to change. I am not always a real big fan of a lot of changes. Now, I do know how to adjust and get on board. But, I at an age where consistency works better for me.
Pros
They match my 403b
Cons
More paid time off
Love where I work just wish they had more opportunities to grow
PSR (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAMarch 4, 2017
Love the people. Everyone is so friendly and caring. I wish there were more locations where I could work closer to my home but it is definitely worth the commute.
Pros
Feel apart of something
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow
Calm and Very friend environment work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2016
Enjoying working with patients of all sorts and communicating with doctors, nurses, dieticians, etc. working with people that have no problem with a helping hand.
Pros
people willing to help
Cons
not enough workers
Sutter Health
Patient Service Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company because it assisted my growth working in the medical field as it too also assisted my understanding of professionalism working in the medical field. Though I resigned the position because I did not receive my check for almost two weeks at one point and I felt that I deserved more credit for my hard work especially considering my 100% Qualities I still have information of to this day.
Pros
Free Lunches, discounted cafe, work experience
Cons
Short breaks
My co-workers are amazing and I have great benefits!
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 8, 2016
My typical day at work is going through email and working on our Compliance 360 database. We have several compliance issues that come in on our confidential hotline.

My co-workers are amazing. They are the main reason I come to work!

The hardest part about this position is that nobody likes the Compliance Department and we do not have executive management support.

The most enjoyable part about my job is I learn something new everyday and make sure to keep updated on the most recent Stark Laws In addition, I read the memos from the OIG daily.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Compensation is below market value.
Great place to work management needs improvement
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  4700 Hoen avenueJuly 6, 2016
Great place to work, I enjoyed working with them for five years, but management needs improvement, Management needed people skills with their employees.
Diverse Group of People
Specimen Handling Lab Aide/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJuly 1, 2016
I was drawing blood in a clinic setting. Worked closely with multiple practitioner practice of OB-GYN, Internal and Family medicine, Dermatology and Psychiatry. Great, upbeat, fast paced work environment with lots of smiling faces and knowledge from many different backgrounds. A good place to work for energetic, self starter phlebotomist.
truely loved this place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2016
bayview was like my second home. the patients became like a second family the doctors the staff .... everyone! we were a small group but we were so close, unfortunately we had to close our doors due to funding and we each had to go our separate ways. but I made great friends there.and the differences we made there were amazing.
Hostile Environment and poor supervision
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 17, 2015
I worked in Internal Medicine in the San Francisco office and I witnessed my co workers VIOLATING HIPPA in the worst way. They talked about patient's medical conditions in a negative way amongst themselves and even made fun of them.

I'm pro union and I was working in a non union environment.

Overall they do have a few very good doctors working there in that BAD PRACTICE.
I need a full time position
Patient Service Repres (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2015
Good company but not for me, I neded a full time position and cpmc is not a organization that usually hire full time. I been working for sutter for at lease 3 years and was only offered a per diem
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 11, 2015
Great opportunities to advance, a great place to increase your knowledge as a Medical assistant.
All staff are like family and willing to help whenever needed
Provides a satisfactory Job Work/Life Balance
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, CAJune 29, 2015
A good place to work, with exceptional benefits package. Provides the ability to work without micromanagement yet support is just a phone call or e-mail away.