SVS VISION Employee Reviews in United States

Started out Great, but down here after a year
HQ Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIOctober 5, 2015
Started out Great, but down here after a year

Politics abound, if you are not in the "in" crowd you are not given the time of day.

Too much involvement from vendors and no backing from management to deal with them. While trying to work with a vendor, was given the statement "well I will just go ask the CEO".

Towards the end was working with someone that was a "VP" that never did a day's worth of real work other than pointing to something and saying "deal with it"
Pros
Small company
Cons
Poor leadership
Excellent
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 7, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work, I often miss it. It is a good environment with genuinely good and compassionate managment and coworkers
Former employee
Optician (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 15, 2014
Horrible place to work. They will talk about the patients like dogs especially ford and if you have any kind of government assistance don't even walk in the door. They will give you minimum service. They pick least qualified managers for the job and this is why they micro manage. The managers harass as well. The turn around on management and doctors are ridiculous
Pros
good commission good benefits
Cons
harassment by management
Not a family friendly company to work for.
Optician (Current Employee)April 12, 2011
This company is a very stressfull company to work for. Does not care about their employee's. Management very juvenille and petty. Big company that micro-manage. Does not promote higher education.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not family friendly, long hours, work week ends
Great job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Clinton Twp.October 5, 2015
Great job for someone still in high school or looking for something while in college. Great employer and great environment!
SVS Vision Review
HR & Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MISeptember 15, 2015
This is a great place to work from what I have seen so far, except in the HR department. My direct boss doesn't know how to talk to people and doesn't explain very well.
Ok place to work.
Optician (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti,MI.January 16, 2014
I've been an optician for more than 20 years. This was the second worst place I have worked. The manager was a good one, but a couple of employees were very territorial. I was fired because one of the employees did not like it because I sold as much product as she did in a very short time. She was close to the manager. Needless to say I was let go after 89 days. One day short of my 90 days probation. I didn't learn any thing I didn't already know. The hardest part of this job was the hostile treatment. The most enjoyable part was I was very close to home.
Pros
one hour lunch. close to home
Cons
hostility from some of the coworkers.
Busy and Steady
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 31, 2013
It was a great learning experience. For 3 1/2 years I had dealt with customers over the phone and once I was hired in at SVS Vision, I was then dealing with customers face to face and I really enjoyed that aspect of my job. It took me only a day to learn how to set up appointments and such. The hardest part of my job was constantly being harrassed by my Manager and a couple co-workers about my appearance and the car I drove. I dressed as professional as I could and my car is not the best looking but it got me from point A to point B. However, that was just not good enough for their appearance.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
rudeness of the employees
Great Place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 13, 2015
SVS was a great opportunity. It was different the main majority of customers was Union. Working with Ford and GM employees created many friendships. The doctors are top knot-ch. Loved it.
High paced work enviroment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  shelby twp, MISeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at SVS Vision consists of greeting patients, taking phone calls, and checking many different insurances.
i enjoyed working for svs
Licensed Optician, Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2012
small office excellent patients and pay.
union company servicine mostly Ford employees.