SWAGELOK

SWAGELOK Employer Reviews

Fast Pace conservative company
confidential (Current Employee), Solon, OHAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free bagels and beverages
Fast Pace conservative company. The men still wear ties. No layoffs
Very Flexible, Fast-Paced workplace
Level 1 Assembler (Former Employee), solon, ohioJuly 30, 2014
Pros: open workspaces and opportunities to branch out very quickly
Cons: lack of compassion towards temporary employees coming through staffing agencies.
I enjoyed working there, but there were a few issues as far as the supervisor's overall attitudes towards the temporary employees. Their compassion towards others (the temps) and there hardships were lacking.
Consistent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2014
Data entry and dealing with customers via phone and email.
Enter orders and answer phones. They train you on product knowledge and some of the people are very fun to work with.
Stable organization
Order Filler (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free bagels and fruit
Cons: healthcare
Everything is about the numbers and productivity. It is always about quantity rather than quality.
Awesome
order picker (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 2, 2014
I worked with the RF Scanners which were pretty easy to use. I picked orders. The job was great and I wish that I were still there but unfortunately I became ill and was unable to continue there.
grill
griller (Former Employee), Willoughby Hills, OHJuly 1, 2014
poor management and always cutting hours. Co workers were fair. Wish there were more hours
Customer and employee focused and company
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: free breakfast on fridays and snacks every day.
Cons: n/a
Swagelok West Houston is an amazing company with a bright future on the horizon. The management and staff are family focused and which makes its the perfect company to work for. I have grown tremendously in the short time I have been there with the help of my co-workers and my direct management.
very productive
orderfulfiller (Former Employee), Solon, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: major overtime
Cons: wasnt getting paid for hoildays
nice environment very clean but the place was limiting me to grow and work at my better performance nice lunch breaks nice people who help me work very professional i learn to cherish parts that makes a difference to my life and each day at work is to be taking serious.
Really a great place to work with great benefits.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Solon, OHMay 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits for the trade, regular breaks, free fruit, drinks and bagels throughout the day and a clean working environment.
Cons: there's not a lot of mobility involved with the job overall.
Typically I get to work a little early so as to be on time and mentally ready for the day at hand. After a brief start up meeting summarizing the day at hand and what to expect, I go back to my desk and begin to inspect orders of parts. Throughout the day I'll be required to use many gages and use many documents in order to best insure that the parts – more... being approved by me are actually safe and good for use. The atmosphere in my department is relaxed yet serious and everyone is willing to be friendly and help towards our department and company goals. The hardest part of my job is the sheer number of different parts that might come with just as many different requirements but there's a clear feeling of accomplishment when you finally are able to put a green stamp on a good part. – less
Their ERP is powerful.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 3, 2014
Pros: holiday parties were fun. summer fun for jambalaya party.
Cons: strict business attire.
Swagelok uses Scala solutions for the business. It is so powerful that an employee, like me in accounting, can explore other opportunities. The wise use of scala solutions does not require substancial work. In my case, when I bill, the administration of contracts went smoothly. They have kept their major customers for years.
Long hours required
Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 2, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
Inovative, Quality Oriented, Customized Sollutions were fun to create.
Ok
Moly Coat (Current Employee), Willoughby Hills, OHApril 7, 2014
Great employees and lots of overtime. Wonderful working area and always work
A well oilled machine
Assembly Associate (Former Employee), Solon, OHMarch 31, 2014
Excellent benefits and corporate culture. Employees had the power to fix problems quickly, knew how to get things done and weren't afraid to make their voices heard.
Great company to work for
machine operator (Current Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great people, great company
Cons: low wage, no overtime, too costly to commute
I am presently employed thru The Reserve Network at Swagelok in Solon, Ohio and I totally enjoy it. The company is very focused on quality and safety practices. The people are exceptionally attentive and very friendly. They will go out of their way to help a fellow employee. I am presently being trained to set up a CNC lathe and I am given much leniency – more... time wise so that I can learn at a comfortable pace to insure that I totally understand my training. The job is not overly challenging and I feel that I am progressing at an acceptable rate. I have no issues with the company to speak of.

The only reason that I am actively seeking employment is the commute time, (100 mi. round trip daily), fuel cost, ($250-$300/mo), and the low wage. Basically I am working to put gas in my car and falling behind in my financial responsibilities. With this concern, it makes it necessary to find employment closer to home. – less
Productive solid workplace, high focused on quality
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cleveland OhioJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: healthcare is competitive, vacation and overtime available.
Cons: rating system within same department, difficult to advance even when qualified.
Swagelok takes pride in not laying off employees and provides good opportunities for training. I work with good people. I enjoy the challenge of making machines make high quality parts with little scrap. I also enjoy assisting others achieve goals or better understand processes and troubleshoot their machining issues. I also enjoy working on maintenance – more... issues. – less
Workplace
Data Steward Role (SAP) (Current Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits and retirement programs
Cons: n/a
The one thing that I enjoy most about my current role is the freedom to make choices and the opportunity to become involved in such a transformation for a large and strong corporation.
CNC Mill Operator (Former Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes
Set up tool sand load materials onto CNC machine
Carry out machining of components.
nice people
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Solon, OHDecember 31, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: temp job
started the day by checking what needed to be done from last shift i either filled or cleaned out machine packed up materals and moved them to loading dock,the management was helpful the co-workers were nice the hardest part was following the last shift if they didnt document what was done the previous shift,and always switching my starting time
Great workplace and great work enviroment
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Solon, OHDecember 26, 2013
Pros: the team in my section was great my supervisor was great the work was great
Cons: as a temp there was no chance for advancement no paid off time
Working at swagelok was very fun we where productive the management treated us great I loved my co-workers it was a overall great experience
well organize enivornment and healthy
Orderfulfiller (Former Employee), Solon, OHDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free bagels
Cons: standing up all day
I would meet up with my department and have a meeting discussing our goals for today and recent reviews on our work status,i would stand at my station at a table picking orders out choosing the ones which need to be package first make sure i read my order sheet depending how i'm going to wrap the valves up put them into a little and have a group of – more... the little boxes place into one big box,put them on a pallet but make sure each big box is band up correctly, give them to my head supervisor so they can put the information data on the computer and from there move on to the next order.I learn how to be more productive when presenting myself in a workforce, have respect for other people and work hard under pressure better.My management was very helpful they acknowledge my work i did even to the little stuff i did that made a difference.MY co-workers was very helpful when i needed some help for things i didn't understand if my supervisor want around to ask for assistance they were hard-workers.Making a big impression trying to show my skills are more then enough to join the company and make a big impact that can help benefit our performance our quality.The most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning up thats how i knew it was time to get ready to go home. – less

1 2 3

About SWAGELOK

Swagelok is a $1.8 billion, privately-held company. Headquartered in Solon, Ohio, U.S.A., Swagelok Company is a global developer – Read more