Swan Point Yacht and Country Club is owned by Swan Point Development Company LLC and located on a peninsula in the Potomac River in Issue, MD. Swan Point has an 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 42 open boat slips with power, water and lighting and a full service clubhouse. Water or marsh can come into play on 12 holes. Swan Point currently offers memberships as well as public play although the club will transition to private members only as the development expands in the future.
Swan Point Yacht & Country Club started as a quaint, nine-hole golf course along the banks of the Potomac River in Southern Maryland. Then, in the late 80’s Bob Cupp, world renowned golf course designer and consultant to the Augusta National Golf was hired to expand and redesign Swan Point. The result is one of a very special and unique golfing challenge. For golfers who know the Middle Atlantic coast well, one image keeps coming to mind when they play here: They could swear they are in the Carolinas when they are on our course. For more information visit the property’s website, www.swanpointgolf.com.
Responsible for all food and beverage service for the club. Directly supervises all food and beverage staff including service staff, kitchen staff, and beverage cart staff. Plans and implements budgets. Hires, trains and supervises subordinates. Applies relevant marketing principles to assure that the wants and needs of guests are consistently exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the annual food and beverage budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure profit goals are achieved as outlined.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with Company payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, kitchen food service equipment and preparation areas, food storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, dining areas, patio, snack bar areas, bar areas, restrooms, and beverage carts.
- Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate fixtures, equipment, appliances, vehicles, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the department. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in production, presentation, services, facilities, and guest satisfaction.
- Sell food and beverage services to potential outing clients/members in conjunction with the SPECIAL Events Sales Manager, show facilities and assist in planning as needed. Develop promotional programs to improve dollars per round.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines related to the T.A.M. or Tips programs. Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco, and ADA requirements.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable marketing, sales, and management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management, marketing, sales, public relations and community relations.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Kemper Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard