Swank Motion Pictures Employee Reviews

Lots of opportunities and great people!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 27, 2016
The company empowers you to be successful and continually grow. Employees are given the opportunity to participate in outside training. Management provides an open door policy which allows employees to feel comfortable when approaching leadership.
Pros
Free lunches, paid volunteer opportunities, challenging workplace
Cons
Vacation time
Lots of politics, VERY clique ish.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 1, 2016
Worked here for a couple of years. Lots of politics. Management showed extreme favoritism to employees & threw others under the bus on the advice of certain brown nosing employees. Management a pathetic joke. If you didn't share the same interests as certain members of management you were outcast/blacklisted. Didn't watch my back & the knife was securely inserted.
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
Great work/life balance Management needs improvement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2016
Swank is a good company to work for people with a family. There's a great work/life balance. The company gives back to the community and the field is fun and interesting. Management is known to be untrustworthy and it's difficult to navigate the politics. This alone is the main factor for negative employee attitude and morale.
Great Company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2016
This is a great company who values their employees. Family owned which adds a nice personal touch. Very unique product. The company provides competitive salary and benefits.
Family Owned - Family Oriented
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2015
Swank truly cares about the wellbeing of their employees and the families of their employees. From healthfairs, to company BBQs, to private movie viewings and Magic House nights Swank has the very best intentions for their employees in mind.
Pros
Employee/Family Events during and outside of work
Challenging and rewarding company with integrity
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
Swank is a great company to work for. The culture really supports and cares for its employees at every level in the organization. Always impressed at the level of professionalism employees have towards others and the dedication to achieving success for teammates and delivering results to customers. The company genuinely cares about its customers, employees, partners and community at every level of the organization. I love working for a company with so much integrity. No one is a number at Swank!
Pros
Challenging with a great work/life balance
Cons
Fast pased and competitive industry but dedicated and talented employees make it worth while
Fast paced, growing environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2015
Swank Motion Pictures has been a wonderful opportunity for me in sales. My manager is great and is always looking for ways to grow me. I love the people I work with - they are like my family. It is a thriving, fast paced environment that gives you the support you need to do your job well. I would recommend Swank to anyone.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits, annual raises, company events, numerous volunteering opportunities, growth, vacation and personal time, great management from the top down.
Cons
You must be able to keep up with the fast paced, changing environment. Personally, I love it, but it can be considered a con for others.
Prison sentence. Owner manages via intimidation.
Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2014
Routinely, I would witness productive, loyal, and hard working employees being berated in front of everyone by the owner. Terrible environment. Having to CONSTANTLY walk on egg shells when around the owner, and needing to act like you actually like the owner so you wouldn't get fired, well, it was a nightmare. When I left the company, I recall thinking, "Thank God! I've been paroled!" Not a healthy environment at the corporate office. I have never worked for a worse owner. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming.
Pros
The other inmates would support each other so as not to go insane.
Cons
The owner and his controlling, intimidating ways.
Swank Motion Pictures, Inc
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 23, 2014
Founded in 1937, Swank Motion Pictures, Inc.® is a successful, growing business privately owned by the Swank family and led by Tim Swank, Chairman. Headquartered in St. Louis, Swank also has office locations in Chicago, Illinois and Paris, France. Swank is the world's largest non-theatrical distributor of motion pictures for public performance and the acknowledged leader in the field. Swank Motion Pictures provides both public performance licensing rights and licensed movies to numerous non-theatrical markets, including worldwide cruise lines, U.S. colleges and universities, K-12 public schools and libraries, American civilian and military hospitals, motor coaches, Amtrak trains, correctional facilities and other markets such as parks, art museums and businesses.

Friendly company to work with. Positive people and a great atmosphere.
great place to work. i wanted to retire there.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  warehouse/libraryMay 18, 2014
this was a very enjoyable workplace. we were like family. this company was very generous. when i started there there was 29 empolyees. after about 8 years it got down to twelve. we worked like a well oiled machine. there were 3 sites with this company. our site had the best performance rating.
Pros
great reward and recognition program. also 3 bonuses a year.
Cons
technology put our part of the business out of business.
Great company to work for. Everyone there was extremely nice.
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2013
I worked for the CIO and he was extremely busy. I would screen his phone calls, maintain his calendar and schedule his travel. The other employees were all very nice and easy to work with. The most difficult part of the job was trying to pin my boss down to answer questions. Swank is a fun place to work for. We were able to take movies home to watch before anyone else got to see them.
Pros
Very nice people and got to take movies home
Cons
It was quite a commute from my home
Well balanced group of people to work with!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Great environment for opportunity, cross training and team development.
Pros
team enviorment, great benefits
Awesome employers!!!
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 26, 2013
Most days were busy and I like busy! Loved my job, was the best job I have had. We were treated very well and had great benefits! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather. In the winter it was cold in the warehouse and in the summer, HOT! The majority of my co-workers were hard, dedicated workers. Unfortunately, there were a few who refused to be part of the "team".
Pros
great benefits, caring owners
Cons
lack of communcation
worked with an exceptional group of people.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 21, 2012
I was able to work independently with a huge amount of trust from management. Most people had a positive attitude. I learned that no ones job is safe. No matter how much knowledge you have of the business.
Pros
bonuses and luncheons. cake on my birthday.
Cons
being let go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swank Motion Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2