Swank Motion Pictures

Swank Motion Pictures Employer Reviews

Swank Motion Pictures, Inc
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 23, 2014
Founded in 1937, Swank Motion Pictures, Inc.® is a successful, growing business privately owned by the Swank family and led by Tim Swank, Chairman. Headquartered in St. Louis, Swank also has office locations in Chicago, Illinois and Paris, France. Swank is the world's largest non-theatrical distributor of motion pictures for public performance and the – more... acknowledged leader in the field. Swank Motion Pictures provides both public performance licensing rights and licensed movies to numerous non-theatrical markets, including worldwide cruise lines, U.S. colleges and universities, K-12 public schools and libraries, American civilian and military hospitals, motor coaches, Amtrak trains, correctional facilities and other markets such as parks, art museums and businesses.

Friendly company to work with. Positive people and a great atmosphere. – less
great place to work. i wanted to retire there.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), warehouse/libraryMay 18, 2014
Pros: great reward and recognition program. also 3 bonuses a year.
Cons: technology put our part of the business out of business.
this was a very enjoyable workplace. we were like family. this company was very generous. when i started there there was 29 empolyees. after about 8 years it got down to twelve. we worked like a well oiled machine. there were 3 sites with this company. our site had the best performance rating.
Loved IT
Business Innovation Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2014
Wonderful place to work.Creativity is bursting at the seems.
Great company to work for. Everyone there was extremely nice.
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2013
Pros: very nice people and got to take movies home
Cons: it was quite a commute from my home
I worked for the CIO and he was extremely busy. I would screen his phone calls, maintain his calendar and schedule his travel. The other employees were all very nice and easy to work with. The most difficult part of the job was trying to pin my boss down to answer questions. Swank is a fun place to work for. We were able to take movies home to watch – more... before anyone else got to see them. – less
Well balanced group of people to work with!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: team enviorment, great benefits
Great environment for opportunity, cross training and team development.
Awesome employers!!!
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILJune 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits, caring owners
Cons: lack of communcation
Most days were busy and I like busy! Loved my job, was the best job I have had. We were treated very well and had great benefits! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather. In the winter it was cold in the warehouse and in the summer, HOT! The majority of my co-workers were hard, dedicated workers. Unfortunately, there were a few who – more... refused to be part of the "team". – less
worked with an exceptional group of people.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILJune 21, 2012
Pros: bonuses and luncheons. cake on my birthday.
Cons: being let go.
I was able to work independently with a huge amount of trust from management. Most people had a positive attitude. I learned that no ones job is safe. No matter how much knowledge you have of the business.