Swatch Group

Swatch Group Employer Reviews

great benefits
Assistant Manager / Acting Store Manager (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAJuly 8, 2014
great company with great benefits .over all management is awesome. great country and brand manager. very supportive company .
Challenging but laid back
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
Its all about making the monthly goals and beating last years numbers.
A great product lead in the wrong direction
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2014
Pros: great product with amazing customers.
Cons: management and pay.
Swatch is an amazing and fun product!
The management of Swatch makes the job harder than necessary. Corporate wants the product to represent the "Joy of Life", but doesn't offer the joy of life to their employees. We are so micro-managed it renders us immobile and sucks the fun and energy out of our day-to-day responsibilities.
A World of time and it's Fashions
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: salary, promotion grow
Once I started my day I would bring by reading over the communication log and check results from the previous day.
Proceeding the check the area I was scheduled to work and whom would be working with me and see what are the goals.
It was a great learning how that came up with the designs and how they manufacture their watches.
Great Platform Company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 8, 2014
Typical work day will include preparing goals for each associate along with preparing coaching/training needs if necessary. Great training program that enhances ones knowledge of how to properly manage a team and how to better understand how business works. Sales training that is top notch and truly defines what customer service should be like. Management – more... has been good, but no clear communication when new policies are rolled out. Most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction one gets from helping a customer find what they desire. – less
Fun workplace. Loved meeting new people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, D.CApril 3, 2014
Welcome customers that walk into the store.
Selling new watching that come into the store.
Very helpful managers.
Busy Work Place
Stock, Cashier (Former Employee), Times Square 42nd st Broadway New york. NYMarch 18, 2014
Cons: crazy work place
The best part about the job was that it was located in Times Square in New York. the employees there are lovely. the store was always busy and kept me occupied.
amazing company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: monthly bounces
Open/close the store. learned about the watch world . I learned how to display watched and how to style them and group them . My part time co workers where amazing they worked hard for me and made sure we was focus on our weekly goal as a store. We have learned and taught how to work as a team with everyone.
hardworking company that cares about their product
stock lead (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 29, 2013
fun environment, great products, not good with advancement of benefits at my particular location
Well rounded business
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Typical day at work it usually busy, your always on your toes. You interact with many different people because it was tourist area. I learned how to cope in busy envirnoment and deal with different individual daily. My coworkers were like helping hand, it was always team effort if one of us was not quite sure of merchandise. the hardest part of the – more... job leaving becasue we alway enjoy being there. The most enjoyable was interacting with so many people. And mangement was very well put together, did their job as well as have everyone else do theirs. – less
Great Company, Not so great Leaders!
Store Director (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Great company but not rewarding enough to stay. No room for growth, unfortunately, one must look elsewhere if you like to move forward!
Learned a lot and ready to apply
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2013
In the year and two months I've worked there it has taught me a lot about retail, managing, and taking initiative on getting goals and tasks done. But even though it has been a great learning experience, Im ready to look for jobs that require more responsibilities and for full time hours.
Productive and fast pace with free watches.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2013
I learned time management and patience. Management was always on top of things and co-workers where fun and lively. We worked hard and got the job done at the end of the night.
Poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great discount
Cons: management, bad pay, little chance of advancement.
Pay is minimum wage, with no chance at a raise and very little chance at promotion.
Company does not promote from within.
Upper management treats store employees poorly.
Few employees per store so it is hard to get time off or call in sick.
Threatened to be fired if you do not meet sales goals, even if business is slow.
Don't bother
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJFebruary 25, 2013
Great brands but if you want to be strategic, not the place for you. All decisions are essentially made out of Swiss HQ and the US office is looked at as worker bees. Culture is terrible, advancement is non existent and management doesn't trust anyone, so micro manages everything. Not worth it.
competitive workplace with a lot of watches
Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: free watches
Cons: short breaks
long hours of meet new people. working with a great staff. learned a lot about swatch watches. management at the time could had been better. standing for a long periods of time when there is no business. the best part was the staff i worked with.
Great product, great brands, weak management team & milktoast corporate culture
Store Decelopment (Former Employee), WeehawkenJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: strong international brands
Cons: highly political, heavy fragmentation between management levels.
Worked for the company within this department. Senior manager was dishonest and extremely political. Saw over 7 people in a department of 11 turnover within a year's time.

Multi billion dollar company only achieving a fraction of its potential in the US.
slow pace environment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 3, 2013
-co-workers were lazy
-management is terrible
-typical day is standing waiting for customers to come in the store
Very Flexible Schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
Was a good place to work at while I was going to college. The pay was not great and the hours were long but they where flexible working around my school schedule.
Small intimate and fun casual setting.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: discount, gifts, employees
Cons: corporate communication, scheduling
Learned more about hiring and trainign techniques. Seeking something faster paced as it is a slower paced retail location.

1 2 3

About Swatch Group

Swatch is worth watching. The Swatch Group (formerly Société Suisse de Microélectronique & d'Horlogerie) is one of the top watchmakers – Read more