Swatch Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Energetic company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78701August 15, 2017
it was an amazing experience, from the beginning every staff member and upper management were great. it truly also gave me the experience in management i have now
Pros
liberal
Cons
non
A new place to know about the textile industry.
Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Was an interesting place to work and learn how the textile industry works and how important are the predictions of the fashion industry if you want to continue in business.
Pros
I had a lot of responsibility since Y was the Controller.
Cons
The size of the Organization was small and basically a family company
Good place to work. Then they started to make changes and relocated some depts. to a different state.
Director of Credit and Collections (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 3, 2017
A typical day. Besides your required jobs duties and depending on the time of the month. Month end Sales. The Credit Department
to release orders, fast paced, handling multiple issues at the same time to push out orders to meet sales numbers.
I learned to use SAP, and something new everyday. Upper Management not always available when needed. It could take days to get answers or approvals. The lack of leadership. Communication was poor. most employees kept to themselves and their dept. After a reduction in staff, more responsibilities to handle and it became a very stressful environment. I would consider that the hardest part, difficult to manage and get things done in a timely manner in order to service our customers.

I loved my job and the people I worked with and the customers. but at the end of the day, I was glad to go home.
Pros
Yearly Christmas Parties. Monthly Birthday celebrations, Monthly lunches / Breakfest for empolyee appreciation
Cons
Healthcare plan changed, good to bad. lack of leadership at the highest level.
Company is in denial
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
Company is suffering, due to the volatility of retail and specifically, more and more consumers switching to smartwatches (apple watch). There is no accountability or owness that is taken from corporate, Switzerland, and incompetent head of retail. Blame is placed on the teams. It's torture to hear this everyday and every impromptu conference call. We're thinking short term and swatch will be its own demise within the next 2-3 years, and no one to blame but the "executives" who didn't continue to push for innovation, invest towards stronger marketing, and overall outdated store layouts.

Continue to place blame Swatch. If you believe you will fire or push strong employees out of the company because they're the reason, and you'll get stronger leaders...you're misguided.
Pros
discount
Cons
blithely unaware and delusional Head of retail and Brand Manager
Fun environment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  YorkJune 1, 2017
Amazing teamwork and fun staff. managers were there to help everyone succeed. Very flexible scheduling. The best part of the job was the friendly competitive atmosphere.
Pros
Teamwork spirit from everyone.
Cons
Pushed to sell more than anything.
Decent job, just not much hope for advancement
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NVMay 17, 2017
I was only cashier at this job so my job wasn't too easy. I did learn new trades working there. I just wish there was more opportunity to advance in the company and for the employees to get better recognition when they would do great at work.
Pros
Clean and safe environment, fun staff
Cons
No communication between staff and management
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 19, 2016
By far one of the best places to work , the staff is amazing , management is friendly open minded and highly intelligent. The training is impecable and the ability to progress in the company is unprecedented.
Pros
Management, benefits, friendly staff, traveling
Cons
No cons
Own your business
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2016
Swatch truly allows the store manager to own their business by planning events, hiring, creating and achieving goals. The upper management is very willing to hear out their employees and give them a chance to succeed. The company's core values are very reflective of what they represent.
It'll give me some pictures spending money during college
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 9, 2016
Shouldn't me a first choice jobs. Watch has a declining market in this sort of denial of the technology that's out now. It's Sort of reaching a dead end only with a very small niche of aging customers.

The pay was unlivable so low in fat but you need multiple roommates and ration food to survive.
Pros
Free watches, discount and luxury items
Cons
Poor pay, too much micromanaging
not that great
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 4, 2016
THis commision based job is cutthrought. the watches are also overprised and the district leaders dont understand how to actually sell anymore
Potential to be a fun and productive plae to work, however, the upper management prevents it from being so.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day: SELL SELL SELL! If you look like you're having fun, stop and look busy.

There was a disconnect between the District manager and the managers / employees actually working the store, causing a false sense of structure and direction.

My co-workers were wonderful people.

The hardest part of the job is trying to make ridiculous sales goals under in an environment that breeds failure rather than success.
Cons
inconsistant management
Na
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Swatch Group is a grate company to work for the best part of my job is Train new associates on best sales practices to ensure an upward trend on performance and KPI'S
Horrible management
sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2015
Very lazy & rude management !
All they do is gossip, talk on they phones and be lazy all shift
They expect too much while theyre not doing nothing to motivate anyone
fun place work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MiamiSeptember 21, 2015
Good international corporation with good incentive and benefits.
always creating promotions and challenging the employees to increase sales numbers.
Great Company to work for better pay now
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2015
The people I worked with were great as well as upper management. One of the best experiences I had in my work life. The pay was low when I worked there but Swatch changed their pay to meet the expectation. This will always be the best job I ever had.
Fun Workplace
CASHIER/STOCK (Former Employee) –  Times SquareAugust 5, 2015
Meeting Every Month To Talk About Store Issues
Fun Workplace
A Place Grown And Develop
Very Cool Co-workers & management
it was an remarkable experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAJuly 9, 2015
my co workers where amazing, the job environment was fun, the games the contests and the interaction with guest from all over the world
very aggressive
SALES (Former Employee) –  new york new yorkMay 22, 2015
It Was Good & Fast Paced.I learned how to be a more aggressive sales person.The Management Team Was Ok .The Co-workers was great they were the best part of the job.
love my job
asociada de ventas (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 30, 2015
typical day at work required a lot of customer service and good sales... learned a lot from the products especially from the watches, my co-workers are awesome... diversity of customers is the hardest part of the job because some are a little complicated... but I love my job and I like to give an excellent customer service...
Na
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  SecuacusMarch 31, 2015
the Swatch group is a distribution center that transports different types of watches. My job was to receive all of the merchandise that get returned or delivered to the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swatch Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval