SWBC Employee Reviews

Look Somewhere else to work
Loss Draft Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2017
This company has no loyalty to their previous employees after you leave. I was shy two days from leaving the company and they refused my vacation time, after giving them a two week notice. There is no respect between employees. Too many groupees. The should retract them being the best company to work for in San Antonio.
Cons
Micro manage, large turnover, no loyalty
Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2016
Everyday as I would walk to my desk I would tell co-workers good morning. I would then login to my computer, check my emails and review procedures. When it was time to clock in and log into the phones I would do so. We would have our team chat in case the team had any questions. My supervisor would walk around often to make sure everything is ok. Co-workers would interact to help one another which is why I enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was not being able resolve customers worries due to procedures.
Pros
Weekends Off, Gym membership, Paid time off
Cons
Mandatory overtime, Management Communication.
I would not recommend working in the collections department
Early Stage Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2016
*HR thinks of you as an expendable number.
*Management unprofessional, constantly has you thinking they're out to get you.
*Extremely high turnover rate within this department.
*Very strict and even make it a point to set you as an example of you make an error.
*Great if you're a college student however added stress with be piled on top of your course load.
Pros
15 minute break in the 5-7 hour shift
Cons
Mandatory Saturday's 8-4
Bad work culture
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2016
Management and supervisors treated the employees in my department like we were children. The morale was terrible due to the obvious favoritism, and one sided treatment of those who hung out with supervisors, etc after work and unprofessional relationships that were going on. If you didn't fit in to the "in-crowd", you were casted out on a constant basis, and weren't able to get any form of a promotion, or raise. I was there to do the job to the best of my ability, and that is it. I am ex-military, and also spent years in the civilian sector before working here, and this was by far the worst work environment I've ever been in. It was truly miserable to work there day in and day out.
Benefits
Cons
Work environmet, morale
Previously Worked for Santa Barbara Branch (Since closed)
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 14, 2016
A data entry, customer service, and general skills job, many times of the day it was a good balance between normal workplace relationships as well as fast paced data base management, customer relations, and quality control.
Pros
Free coffee, good attitude of management, no time clock punches.
Cons
Slightly outdated operating system and computer interface for website management.
Payroll processor for company known as C2 Global
Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2016
C2 Global contracted SWBC to process payroll. C2 is a subcontractor for the Texas Workforce Centers in San Antonio, TX
We processed payments for the clients participating in the federal programs. Our main goal was to help people get back in the work environment. Great company to work for if you enjoy customer service.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
sometimes had to work weekends and late nights.
Quality is key, potlucks, friendly coworkers
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work would be to start your work at 8am and work closely with your co-workers to audit reports for proper documentation for home insurance coverage. I learned how to assist others and review procedures for accuracy. My co-worker were very friendly and we became friends after work. We ate lunch together everyday. The hardest part of the job was holding over 95% accuracy and being laid off after being there for a couple of months. Company did have a massive layoff. I am eligible for rehire. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we at a team worked well together completed our work on a daily basis. We were friends.
Pros
good workers, we assist each other with no problems
Cons
being micromanaged
What use to be a productive job to work at.
Mid-Late Collector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work is to basically just sit down and start taking phone calls. In the Past this company use to be the best job I've ever had, but there has been many changes as in management any leaders, and also in the work place to many rules that get made every single day. Directors and management all just care about is the numbers they can careless if your sick or not if you need to leave early your in trouble or get an occurrence. Its pretty ridiculous. Honestly I would not recommend working here. Co- Workers are very nice but feel the same not one person here that loves their job.
A great place to work.
CSR/Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2016
A very easy going place to work where I obtained insurance knowledge for both vehicle and mortgage claims according to the Service Level Agrements. The auditing included both files and phone calls. The best part of the job was the pay was good but that was in consideration the benefits were free. Also, once you left the building then you left the work behind.
Pros
Free Benefits and good pay
Cons
They hired to many people the last 2 years.
Swbc
Data Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78228September 25, 2016
Typical day is working on reports very repetive things you do. I do learn alot working in the DI dept. Management needs help they need to actually know what they are doing instead of just talking out their butts and BSing their way through everything Alot of the supervisors have absolutely no clue of what reps do. If you have a question sup would respond with I don't know I will have to find out for you 3-5 days later give you answer.
Kansas service center
former employee (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 15, 2016
This is a friends only operation. if you are in the click you get long lunches, possibility to move up etc. if you are not you are luck if they even know who you are. Swearing is rampant, favortism is also. Everyone is in every bodies business here and if you are not in the inner circle, you wont stay long. People seem to leave pretty quickly
Pros
Cons
toomany to list
Auto Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
Coworkers were great. Depending on the department, there is somewhat of the ability to learn different tasks. Was able to provide team morale. Many training classes are offered.
Pros
free gym membership, medical benefits
Cons
degree not required for management positions
The management is terrible
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2016
I would never recommend anyone to work here. They are very unorganized when it comes to management and have women that work for the company who bully. Bully based company from the short period I worked here.
benefits
Cons
people and management suck here.
Not Great Place To Work
No one that matters. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2016
Management starting with the very top very unprofessional, incompetent, and hypocritical. Promotions based on who you know not what you know. Owners are idiots.
Pros
Good benefits for employee
Cons
Terrible benefits for employee dependents, very poor upper management, owners do not know how to run company
great company until they started doing layoffs
VOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2016
I have been with the company for over 2 years. After only a year +, of working here, I was laid off due to the loss of our two biggest accounts. The people are great, and the environment it good. I felt like I was a part of the team the entire time I worked there. I will really miss working here. I wish that they did not lay off dedicated, hard working employees who love what they do.
Pros
great people, easy to advance, excellent benefits
Cons
mass layoffs to great and dedicated employees.
Poor working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
New CIO, Reactive thinks about the big picture but quickly lays blame on others rather than looking at the root cause. He has brought in his cronies and work life balance for those supporting the business is poor.

3 CIO in as many years... tells you all you need to know... this one will last another 12 months

Owners should either sell the business or break to up... too many chiefs.
Pros
health care
Cons
work life balance
Horrible!! Not the best company to work for in Texas.
Data Capture Dept (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2016
Managers walk around constantly, talk and laugh loudly with the other supervisors all day and have nothing better to do. I learned so much about what they did on there weekends. They got there jobs handed to them by family they had in upper management so don't believe the whole, "you need a degree for this job" nonsense. There has been about 3 layoffs and I was there for 1 year and there not done yet. The only thing good about this company was the benefits and it was not just the dept I was placed in it was in every other dept at sc3. Upper management should consider letting some supervisors go before employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism, poor management, no room for growth.
Great opportunity
early stage collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
Great experience to learn financial services and all the opportunities it has to offer. I would recommend this position to any one looking to gain expertise in the financial industry.
Insurance
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2016
Very nice place to work at, bebefits are good and pay is decent. Not a lot of job security many layoffs. Sc1 location is amazing benefits are not that nice anynore but we stoll get Golds gym membership
Benefits
Cons
Job security
Great company to work for
Condo Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2016
Research, review, and update pertinent insurance data into computer system to reflect the most current information. Make outbound calls to clarify information. Research the automated matching system and make corrections to the system updates.
Pros
great benifits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SWBC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7