SWBC

SWBC Employer Reviews

Great health benefits and training program
Check-Processor (Former Employee), San AntonioMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: extensive overtime hours, assigned breaks
The training program was informative and they are very open to any questions. The job included analyzing mortgages and calling to verify payment information from the insurance companies. It was customer service and data entry oriented. The management was strict in their timeliness and work ethic expectations as well as efficiency.
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Collections Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I absolutely love Compass Trading Co. I miss working for this company but i only left because the pay sucked but other than that its so much fun.
Charge Off Dept
Charged Off Collector (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: paid medical benefits for yourself
Cons: no motivation
Charge off dept- very laid back, but you are not provided the tools you need fully to get the money you are looking for w/in collections. Charge off is just a little piece of the pie that is a part of SWBC. There are only 6 collectors total. Not a growing department.
No communication amongst your mananger and no motivation. Would not recommend for a life time commitment job. Great job while in college, but thats about it.
poor leadership
collections representative (Former Employee), san antonio txJanuary 3, 2015
While they say top company to work for in Texas..human resources doesnt actually serve the interest of the employees and the company..they work to insulate management and the owners who are paranoid about negative publicity.
Sorry company
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Crane, TXDecember 16, 2014
PBC inc....Absolutely the sorriest company I have ever in my life worked for,,,,Safety and management issues......Bad experience with them........
prejudice employers
data entry (Former Employee), san antonio, txDecember 8, 2014
It doesn't matter if you're qualified for the job, they will reject you for employment just because they don't like you.
Energetic and Busy
Tax Accountant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: love my peers and who i sit near and i like the work i do
Cons: the work can be stressful at times
A typical day at my current job consists of meeting with my manager at least once to go over the tasks for the day. If not doing work on either the monthly and quarterly provision, I will be doing other projects that ultimately support the Corporate tax return. We spend a few months preparing the Corporate Consolidated Return which takes up a majority of the days within those months.

I've learned a lot about what goes into making a corporate tax provision entry. We look through necessary financial accounts and analyze information in detail to make sure we are pulling what is correct for tax purposes.

My co-workers and peers are friends and it is fun to work with them.

The hardest part of my job is when we have deadlines that are hard to meet.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers.
unorganized, terrible training, misinformed
Data Integrity (Former Employee), San AntonioSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits packages were decent
Cons: poorly organized, more focused on policies than if new hires are being trained effectively
I was offered and accepted a position as a Data Integrity Specialist. I was lead to believe by the recruiter that position was far more diverse than what it turned out to be (disappointment #1).

The training for this position was the worst I've ever encountered. The trainer could not/did follow the manual provided and the manual when it was referred to had errors that the trainer would have the class correct. This trainer was one of those 'storyteller' types but the stories were long and unrelated to the topics previously being discussed and often never got back on track to the actual training information. This made for very disjointed lessons and created confusion with the information we were being 'taught'. We often sat for hours and even days doing nothing while this trainer typed or read on his computer like we were not even there, all the while playing music not appropriate for a training environment. (Disappointment #2 as well as extremely frustrating for someone wanting to learn a new job).

The company is extremely focused on their appearance policy; the hem length of a dress/skirt, the type of pants you wear, the type of jewellery that is allowed, covering tattoos, hairstyles etc.

Their attendance policy is even more restrictive and the only excused absence allowed is a pre planned and approved vacation day. If you or your child are sick , or your have a parent end up in hospital and you don't go in you will be reprimanded. If you have small children or elderly parents you care for this is not a place to work. Its pretty sad that an employee is made to feel guilty – more... and reprimanded for choosing to be with a sick child/spouse/parent. Furthermore, how does a company with this kind of a policy get voted 'Best place to work in San Antonio'?

Management should put the same kind of effort into monitoring their trainer to ensure they can actually teach, that they are organized and have a plan to use the class time effectively to train and equip the new hires to perform the job they were hired to do. – less
Best Company to Work for in Texas, 4 years running
Training & Employee Development Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2014
SWBC was founded in 1976 by two men so they could work in an environment driven by integrity and compassion. The company today, nearly 40 years later, does in excess of $300MM in revenue, and gives tremendous amounts of time, love, and money back to the community. The culture is one in which anyone who loves people and lives and breathes "do the right thing" will flourish.

If you need a job and can qualify (yes, they do an extensive background check, including "no smoking" and "no drugs"), you will never find a better place to work--IF you're looking for a place to call home. (There are other GREAT companies out there, and I've worked for a couple.) Like life, this company will reward you by multiplying and returning what you put out there.
N/A
Lender Placed Operations Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free personal benefits
Take 40-50 calls per day. Management was fairly lenient, quality evaluations would sometimes be unfair.
Great company culture, opportunity to learn and grow.
MARKETING PROGRAMS DEVELOPER (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, free gym membership, great work-life balance
I have enjoyed working for SWBC immensely. The company has a great culture, the benefits are some of the best I've ever encountered, I have great, enthusiastic colleagues, and the opportunities to learn, grow and develop personally have been countless.
Great Leadership Here!
Financial Products Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: driving from austin to san antonio every day
Loved this job, they even helped transition from their company to one of their marketing partners.

My days working here were always productive and provided a great foundation for my future.
Got to experience a more challanging and new customer service job.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: learned to be account manager and was gratified for my preformance.
Cons: very long hours inside the office.
It was easy, enjoyed helping and feeling responsible for 130 groups. Would get many compliments from new and existing clients. Carriers would take our team to lunch almost daily. Great leadership to provide great service to our accounts. Developed great qualities with client relationship.
Nice breack room and a fun place to work
Payment reminder (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2014
Clock in and start calling members who were past due on payments. Management was friendly and understanding of my needs. My co-workers were nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to get members to make their payments over the phone with me.
stressful environment
PC (Fulltime) (Former Employee), San Antonio, txDecember 10, 2013
Cons: to many to list
hostile work environment, management ethics worst I've encountered
Worst company I have ever worked for
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
This company may be ranked as "One of the Best Companies to work for" but that title must have been bought. The only way to succeed here is to be a "yes" person. If you have ethics or think outside of the box this is not the place for you. The core values/ mission statement is a joke considering management doesn't even abide by this.
Lacked structure
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), San antonioSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Lacked structure and discipline from upper management. There is not much left to say. I would not work there again due to what I state above
Great Culture and People!
PC Technician III (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2013
Great place to work! The people and culture here are very unique which can make an employee feel right at home.
Very relaxing job.
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2013
Real laid back type of job.
Everyone kept to themselves.
Not any distractions.
Productive and always learning something new everyday
Escrow Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Pros: benefits/money
Cons: cant say much
Everyday is a new experience. Constant updates and new procedures to learn. Overall a great company. Cant complain since I have moved up in 6 months of working there. If you work hard and show you work hard there isnt a reason why you cant try to excel to another department.

About SWBC

Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company which provides a wide range of insurance, mortgage, – Read more