SWBC Employee Reviews

Cheats and Liars
Loss Draft Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NENovember 21, 2017
I worked as a Loss Draft Processor for 15 months, put in massive amounts of overtime and got laid off with no notice after having SVP fly up from San Antonio just to lie to our faces about job security.
Pros
Cons
liars
Great working environment
Sales Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2017
I handled between 20-30 inbound calls a day and assisted customers with insurance needs. Learned to understand specific needs for each customer. Management was available at all times and helpful. This was a casual professional environment with lots of consideration for advancement. The hardest part was offering competitive price on insurance policies. Aside from a fun and casual environment, the working hours were great, Monday-Friday 8-5pm.
Pros
Schedule and management accessibility
Cons
Limited to certain insurance companies and pricing
cut throat
Senior Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2017
company has gone from integrity worthy to un honest. Its not what you know,its who you know regarding advancement. They have min.their staff, no yearly bonus, & raises became a joke.
Pros
lunches
Cons
everything else
Very professional work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ESCATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
I loved working for SWBC. The work pace was not too fast paced, but enough to keep you on your toes and relaxed to assist the customer in a non hurried fashion. For the most part, management was very approachable. I would love to work for this company again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Professional Culture, nice pace, great benefits.
Terrible
Exception Processor (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 20, 2017
Rules only apply to you if you are not a brown nosing, goody two shoes. The supervisors talk badly about their employees to other employees. HR is worthless.
Pros
Paid insurance if single, if meet guidelines
Cons
Gossip, rumors, shady place to work
Long hours, no support
Wealth Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
as an advisor you're thrown to the wolves. Only in-house support is some marketing which at the time was very new and not well planned out. Advisors do all the heavy lifting without much insight or help from management.
Solid Place to work
Pre-Recovery Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I would work for SWBC again
I managed a group of 25-36 collectors at any given time in a collections staff of up to 200 Collectors.
I was accountable for operations management &
Workforce Management.
We definitely had a strong diverse workforce.
Managing a diverse groups of students schedule needs.
Learning about and Coaching my team.
Pros
Centrailized location
Cons
No onsite cafe
It had its moments
Outbound Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Great company until the layoffs. Prior to that there were so many benefits and the company really showed their appreciation for you. Supervisors were really there for you and wanted to help you grow and succeed.
Plenty of acquisitions with many financial services businesses
Vice President of Premium Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
The employees are helpful and work well with others. Many of the systems are antiquated. The culture is work hard and play hard. My management team was very supportive, especially when it came to providing feedback, answering questions and making decisions.
Worst Culture and Management
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2017
I was with a company that was sold to SWBC and two years later I was let go. I was promised more and better opportunities until the day I left. It is know in the industry that this management duo is perfect at providing false hopes!
Fun Work place fast paced
Auto pilot/ call center rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed it unfortunately I started school unexpectedly and the hours weren't working with my schedule and there was no other shifts available at the moment. it was a good job before that I loved the hours the environment people were very helping and understanding.
False hopes of advancement
Early Stage Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2017
We were hired under the impression that we could advance after 90 days. After hiring over 100 collectors, we were cut due to lack of incoming and outgoing calls on phone system.
Its a one way
Mail Operations Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Do don't take employees concerns important. Departments are divided. Too many managers for one Department not a team company. Too many favoritism going on in Department.
Great company
LpO (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
I work at Centerview location. The parking lot is uneven and floods when it rains. The entrance & exit to the parking lot is hazard. The elevators are slow and when sidewalks in the aisle the floor shakes. Employee are non friendly and dont even acknowledge one. The bathrooms are dirty and run out of toiletry. No ice machine,no straws, no TV in breakroom, building has water leaks. Horrible building.
Pros
Highway near buy
Cons
Everything about Centerview location
Fast Paced
AP Account Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
My typical day at SWBC was extremely fast pace and stressful at times. I was not only an agent but also helped trained new hires, separate all mail in the department and log it into the system, and worked specialty jobs. I've learned to have a paper trail of everything we've discussed in meeting and how to deescalate calls. Management has their favorites but we are trained to handle difficult calls to avoid escalations. The hardest part of my job would have to be the dealing with the computer systems when speaking to a client; They aren't efficient. I loved my co-works; we all helped each other get through the day and kept a positive competition to see who will come out on the top that day.
Bad Management decisions leave a constant state of flux
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78228August 14, 2017
The reason I chose SWBC was a place to work was due to it's advertisement that it was one of the best places to work for in Texas for over 5 years running. It isn't.

There's a lot of turnover, several layoffs. Management is always in a state of flux. I learned the term "volintold" while working there.

The work is extremely easy but the employees are severly micromanaged and the training is poor.

The company never showed innovation, and changes were never communicated. It was a weekly joke that Mondays the computers would be down for at least 1-2 hours because of updates and the updates and programs that were updated were never provided, so employees would spend days sometimes weeks discovering changes to the system, many times for the worse.
Pros
Medical and dental were paid by company if you submitted to physical and agreed not to smoke.
Cons
The company is very reactive. Moral is extremely low. There is no direction.
Okay
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
I like working here, currently I work part-time. I do find it hard to advance in this department since there are so many employees. They have excellent benefits if you're full time. Management is okay. Some managers could care less about the employees and that's why their always hiring.
Teamwork is Encouraged
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work where a team environment is encouraged. Depending on the position, no two days are the same and the people are supportive of each other,
Fast pace environment but many perks waiting for all.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2017
Fast pace work environment but enjoyable. Great incentives for job performance. Nice friendly atmosphere to work in. Many advance opportunities for all.
Pros
Free lunches, gift certificates, and tickets for basket ball and hockey games.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches.
One of the Better places i've worked for...
Credit Counselor II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2017
This company is definitely better than other companies i have worked for in many ways, however the company did have some policies that are not in line with being innovative or pioneering. I would also recommend that the company become better at cost efficiency when it comes to hiring, work distribution, strategy, and new ideas for making the company and it's employees more money. The company offers great health, dental, and optical insurance for a single employee due that the company pays for the majority of the coverage unless you up your personal life insurance and even that is a small cost for the employee. However if you add on family members the cost can increase quite a bit.
Pros
some capability for promotion within the company, company pays for the majority of benefits, some overtime availability, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
some office politics played apparent roles in the functions of the company, the company has an antiquated policy when it comes to tattoos & colored hair, certain policies within the company don't promote efficiency and cost conscious daily functions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SWBC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6