SWBC

SWBC Employer Reviews

Best Company to Work for in Texas, 4 years running
Training & Employee Development Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2014
SWBC was founded in 1976 by two men so they could work in an environment driven by integrity and compassion. The company today, nearly 40 years later, does in excess of $300MM in revenue, and gives tremendous amounts of time, love, and money back to the community. The culture is one in which anyone who loves people and lives and breathes "do the right – more... thing" will flourish.

If you need a job and can qualify (yes, they do an extensive background check, including "no smoking" and "no drugs"), you will never find a better place to work--IF you're looking for a place to call home. (There are other GREAT companies out there, and I've worked for a couple.) Like life, this company will reward you by multiplying and returning what you put out there. – less
N/A
Lender Placed Operations Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free personal benefits
Take 40-50 calls per day. Management was fairly lenient, quality evaluations would sometimes be unfair.
Great company culture, opportunity to learn and grow.
MARKETING PROGRAMS DEVELOPER (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, free gym membership, great work-life balance
I have enjoyed working for SWBC immensely. The company has a great culture, the benefits are some of the best I've ever encountered, I have great, enthusiastic colleagues, and the opportunities to learn, grow and develop personally have been countless.
Great Leadership Here!
Financial Products Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: driving from austin to san antonio every day
Loved this job, they even helped transition from their company to one of their marketing partners.

My days working here were always productive and provided a great foundation for my future.
Got to experience a more challanging and new customer service job.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: learned to be account manager and was gratified for my preformance.
Cons: very long hours inside the office.
It was easy, enjoyed helping and feeling responsible for 130 groups. Would get many compliments from new and existing clients. Carriers would take our team to lunch almost daily. Great leadership to provide great service to our accounts. Developed great qualities with client relationship.
Nice breack room and a fun place to work
Payment reminder (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2014
Clock in and start calling members who were past due on payments. Management was friendly and understanding of my needs. My co-workers were nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to get members to make their payments over the phone with me.
stressful environment
PC (Fulltime) (Former Employee), San Antonio, txDecember 10, 2013
Cons: to many to list
hostile work environment, management ethics worst I've encountered
Worst company I have ever worked for
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
This company may be ranked as "One of the Best Companies to work for" but that title must have been bought. The only way to succeed here is to be a "yes" person. If you have ethics or think outside of the box this is not the place for you. The core values/ mission statement is a joke considering management doesn't even abide by this.
Lacked structure
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), San antonioSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Lacked structure and discipline from upper management. There is not much left to say. I would not work there again due to what I state above
Great Culture and People!
PC Technician III (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2013
Great place to work! The people and culture here are very unique which can make an employee feel right at home.
Very relaxing job.
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2013
Real laid back type of job.
Everyone kept to themselves.
Not any distractions.
Productive and always learning something new everyday
Escrow Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Pros: benefits/money
Cons: cant say much
Everyday is a new experience. Constant updates and new procedures to learn. Overall a great company. Cant complain since I have moved up in 6 months of working there. If you work hard and show you work hard there isnt a reason why you cant try to excel to another department.
Mortgage and Escrow Officer
Mortgage and Escrow Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2013
• Disbursed annual and additional payments from escrow accounts
• Maintained accurate homeowner records from various insurance companies
• Mailed out closing or impairment letters to all parties in connection with the escrow
• Contacted insurance agents daily to verify insurance coverage
• Followed instructions given by the parties billing statements – more... to the transaction in a timely manner – less
I enjoyed working at the Early Learning Center of St. Mark Presbyterian Church
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Boerne, TXMay 22, 2013
Pros: work schedule flexibility
The day always brought challenges to meet the needs of families, students, teacher and supporting staff. I learned to prioritize my time and manage relationships with families, students and co-workers. The challenge of keeping everyone happy and needs met was the hardest part. I enjoyed the contact and relationships with the children and families the – more... most – less
No opportunities for advancement for straight people
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2013
Good benefits, life, health insurance good. Management not good at all, wont say what I wish I could say!
Professional atmosphere with solid core values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the family atmosphere and the people I worked with.
Productive but stressful
Assembled Frac Sander (Former Employee), Bulverde, TXFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: management and no benefits.
No job security because we worked for a contract company where management in my opinion had no real clue as far as what everybody's job duties were. They would give evaluations and raises solely on on attendance and write-ups. I know these are key, but I think they should have been more involved at the work site. There's also been two layoff's in five – more... year's. Good co-workers and a good crew. There was nothing really hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job, were my co-workers. – less
Productive but stressful
Assembled Frac Sander (Former Employee), Bulverde, TXFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: management and no benefits.
Very poorly managed company
Commercial Insurance Representative (Former Employee), San AntonioDecember 12, 2012
Pros: lots of learning opportunity
Cons: management sucked
If you werent on the good side of management no matter what kind of job you did...you didnt advance and were given (if any) less than good reviews
Beautiful company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2012
Pros: plenty overtime
Cons: n/a
The systems are easy to use the company has alot of changes that you must be ready for. But the supervisors are willing to work with you to help you learn the systems.

About SWBC

Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company which provides a wide range of insurance, mortgage, – Read more