SWCA Environmental Consultants Employee Reviews

Field work is fun
Field Biologist/Botanist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 21, 2015
This job is really fun and the work load is just enough were you don't feel overwhelmed. Although the work is project based, so some times it gets really slow. For example I had a couple weeks where I only worked 5-8 hrs. The Management is awesome.
Cons
not enough hours
Good people
Cultural Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2014
You can learn a lot if you are willing, a lot of very talented people at this office in Houston. The management is fair and understanding.
Pros
good work when there is field opportunities
Cons
being a temporary on-call employee.
Real Science
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
The best part about SWCA is that they have the technical expertise that provides the client a high quality environmental review in accordance with all regulatory requirements followed. The team works long hard hours. The pay is lower on the scale, but the offset is in other benefits such as health insurance, investment options, and profit sharing. The name sake of the firm is very much involved in projects in most, if not all offices. SWCA is a large firm, but with a small firm feel.
Pros
practicing real science
Cons
low pay
a very positive work environment, high integrity
Biological Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTSeptember 6, 2013
a typical day at SWCA start at seven o'clock the morning, driving to project area. This could be and energy location currently producing or a proposed energy location. we've been conduct the biological survey required for the client. The hardest part of his job was having to identify plants by their scientific names. The best part of his job was identifying plants by their scientific names.
Pros
working outside and use my education
Cons
potentially long hours
Hard worker
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2013
I get to work and review what the day will bring. Checking mail and review my things to do list.
Good people
Lab Manager/Cultural Resource Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2013
Worked with good people and were willing to teach me new tasks
Very Helpful
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo/ FresnoJuly 30, 2012
This company only used me certain times when projects came up in the area in which I went to school. The projects were usually very short and only required start up work on my end.