Swedish American Health System

Swedish American Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place To Work
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 24, 2016
Perfect size company for me. I gained a lot of new knowledge. Very positive environment and the company does a great job of retaining employees.
"Family" work environment within my specific clinic. Great group of people to work with everyday
CMA (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 25, 2015
Overall great company to work for. Great community and employee support. Always room for improvement/advancement within the organization.
Clinic Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  RockfordMay 25, 2015
Room Pt's, get VS and on to the next Pt. Its constant rooming, NO nursing. A clinic nurse that rooms Pt's is a waste of Nursing school RN/LPN. A CNA could do this job. If you are looking for a non thinking job, low wage, this is for you. Be a roomer, you don't have to think. The management has such huge fragile ego's. The Doctors are moody and because you are "just a Roomer" they think you are incapable.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers
Cons
Pay, management, Doctors
love my staff and co workers
Chief Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 29, 2015
Help coordinate the daily schedule to keep a constant flow of patients in and out of the cath lab. Doing payroll and time and attendance as well as staff schedule. Hardest part of the job is not being around when staff needs me the most.
Pros
golf outings
Cons
not enough time to spend with family and friends
Swedish American
Housekeeping/Reception (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 9, 2014
It was at first a great place to work for the first year. But then after a couple years, the company had started to turn around and flush out managers which would leave no constant routines.

After a while, all the receptionists that I started with had left for other jobs due to the lack of management.

A typical day at work involved answering calls as I was a receptionist, an notifying nurses of emergency situations that needed to be transported right away. So while on the phone with the patients, we had to recognize the red flags of trouble with the patients health

The co-workers were good, but in some way it felt like high school, they were in click, and I was just one that wanted to show up and do my job and do it correctly.

The most enjoyment I ever had in the job was meeting most of the patients. Some people came so close that they would address us by our names. That would really mean a lot to us as if we weren't an object.
Pros
i learned alot about the medical field and how much stress the drs and nurses have to go through
Cons
lack of consistent management.
Food Services Assistant
Food Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 8, 2013
It was a alright place to work at. I had some pretty fun conversations wile working on tray line with my coworkers. Most of the supervises are pretty cool and tend to tell a good joke or two. Some of the supervises even help if we were behind. The only down side is that the managers tend to not know what they were doing with scheduling and how the place even ran. But other then that it was a pretty easy job once you got past the smell of the pulper.
Pros
coworkers where a blast to work with, pretty easy job, and free meals on holidays
Cons
terrible scheduling
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 18, 2013
I loved my director. Very competent, very approachable. I still keep in contact with her after leaving 5 years ago.

Coworkers were good. This is a great place to work.
Pros
great management
Dedication to the healthcare field is making a difference in patients care.
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 22, 2012
A typical day in the Emergency Department is highly motivated, heavy foot traffic assisting staff and patients, Answering call lights, assisting families and being a strong advocate patients, families, and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is putting feelings aside when a certain case has presented itself. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is communicating with the patients.
Pros
having the ability to help a human being.
Cons
insurance benefits
frequent management change
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 13, 2012
I'm not sure what I can say about this employer. I guess as a whole they are ok. The Phlebotomy dept became a zoo after the manager I originally worked for left. Very unprofessional as a whole. Cliques, back biting and arguments among staff were unbearable. Vulgarity of language, favoritism and reluctance to assist employees with getting certified was the norm. Retaliation firings were common if a favored employee was reported for policy infractions. Was relieved when they finally terminated my employment.
Pros
parking for employees was good, security was good.
Cons
cafeteria expensive.

Swedish American Health System Reviews by Location