Swedish American Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great staff and Managment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 13, 2016
Being a Patient Care Tech was extremely busy, but fun. I loves the people I worked with and the nurses were great. I was a CNA when I was hired in and I was taught how to perform EKG's and Phlebotomy draws. My managers were great and the entire staff all supported each other. We helped each other out all the time if needed. The hardest part of this job was making sure my patients were all cared for and comfortable. As a PCT we have a lot of responsibilities and I wanted to make sure that all my patients were being well cared for at all times. The hardest part of the job was turning patients that extremely obese. We would have to turn them ever 2 hours and many of them couldn't turn themselves.I learned so much from my time there and truly loved what I did and taking care of my patients, but truly found I loves drawing blood and found that I had a knack for it and became very good at it. I had amazing people that taught me so much I am truly appreciative for all of them.
Reputable place to work
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 12, 2016
I have been at Swedish American for 13 years. It is a great place to work, I am leaving because I want to relocate outside of Illinois.
Pros
technologically advanced, fair pay, good benefits
Wonderful place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 5, 2016
Wonderful place to work! Many opportunities to to learn and my opinion is valued. Great team work between doctors, nurses and technicians.
Very Family Oriented Culture
PCA Senior Care of Private Duty (Current Employee) –  Charles Street Home Health OfficeOctober 2, 2015
The training is the best. The constant gatherings and celebrations were fantastic. The clients were awesome. Fellow workers very mature quality as a whole and majority. My mentors were the best in my entire life. The hours were very unpredictable. The travel was all over the map. And the pay and benefits for services rendered actually left you in debt due to extra gas mileage.
Pros
Wonderful overall
Cons
Compensation And the Management there of
Busy and demanding Emergency Department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 5, 2015
Swedish American's Emergency Department is the busiest in the region. I am proud to say that I have been at this facility for a decade. I am currently looking for other opportunities to expand my growth as a nurse and as a wife and mother. I have nothing negative to say about Swedish American, it is a wonderful company
Great Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 12, 2016
I loved my short time at Swedish American!! The staff is great and so is the management!! GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!!!
Swedish American Hospital is a good place to work. It provides you with the support you need to advance in your career.
Patient Care Technician - Mother Baby (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 21, 2015
Great work place with supportive management and room to grow. Great group of peers , and awesome unit to work for. There are many opportunities for continued education.
Pros
Staff and good working environment
Cons
night shift hours
Radiology File Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 17, 2015
I started at Swedish American Hospital in Admitting on Second shift and enjoyed admitting patients for inpatient and outpatient visits. I then moved to the Emergency Department where I did the same thing along with some tech work when I received my EMT - B certification. I wanted something one Day shift, so I transferred to the Radiology Department where I assist Doctors and Radiologist and became proficient in PACS system. In all three areas, I had the best coworkers, but management changed all the time so you never knew who was your supervisor when problems arose. Therefore, you had to solve the problem yourself and hope it was the right decision.
Fet like family, taught me everything in this field, miss them!
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 29, 2015
I loved this job, left due to necessity. Good people, good benefits, good food, good patient care, great teaching place! I won't be admitted to any other hospital as long as I am living close enough to Swedish American Hospital.
Pros
Great environment, fantastic people, excellent patient care!
Cons
Had to work nights, hard with a little guy at home at that time.
Fun and warming place to work!
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 31, 2015
Super fun place to work. I love my co-workers in Radiology, I have never been closer with the people I work with at any other place. Just about everyone from the CEO to the service workers are polite and loving. Best hospital in Rockford!
Fast Paced work environment with close knit team
Licensed Practical Nurse - Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 31, 2015
Rehabbing open-heart patients and dealing with unexpected emergencies daily. Team worked well together and knew what to expect out of each other as a well-koiled machine.
enjoyed my coworkers and students
2nd lead tech for xray and ct (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 29, 2015
As stated before I enjoyed teaching students and helping them succeed in radiology. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to teach the students and be there for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was graduation seeing my students graduate and become some of the best techs around.
Pros
had my own schedule and summers off
Cons
not enough time for studnets
Profefssional and knowledgable staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 27, 2015
Customer care through a network of professionals. There is so much to learn and everyday someone is teaching something new. Patients and family members are at the heart of what you do and knowing that you are a part of their successful recovery is rewarding.
Pros
Being an integral part of a healthcare team
Cons
Long hours, very demanding mentally/emotionally
dont want to work there again
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 4, 2015
loading up my cleaning cart I learned about bio hazard my boss and I didn't get along my coworkers were very pleasant always had fun with coworkers
Pros
got meals at times
Cons
short breaks
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 23, 2015
Swedish American Health System is a high quality organization that has great core values. I had the opportunity to work on the Critical Care Unit as an Intern and a Registered Nurse, and have had great experiences and many opportunities to learn.
Excellent place to be employed
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Swedish American Hospital was an excellent place to work, it was number one heart hospital overall, with a great team of Doctor's and employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of patients just knowing that I played a huge role in the recovering, PCU my floor was the greatest place to work, we hard a wonderful team of co-workers who we all would work together to provide exceptional care and knowing at the end of your shift your job was done with great compassion and care.
Pros
a chance to move up in your fiedl of work
Technician
Clerical Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 10, 2015
Loved this job. I had a part-time clerical job while I was in college. They worked around my school schedule which was awesome! Great benefits. It was like a family environment.
Good company to work for.
secretary (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Swedish American is a great place to work. Employees and managers are very nice and good to work with. Typical days at work are very busy. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with wonderful people.
Pros
good work environment.
Cons
some evenings required.
Great staff, good environment
Physical Therapist Woemn's Health (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 29, 2013
A typical day included seeing patients one at a time, every 45 minutes. We worked with the PTA's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such an excellent staff. The most difficult part was working with several patients with Medicaid insurance, chronic pelvic pain. Many of these patients were difficult to motivate to help themselves, which placed a sense of burnout on the therapist.
Pros
see patients one at a time, great staff, good place to work
Cons
emr did not support women's health documentation - had to free type most of the note
Position requirements
Dietary line supervisor (Former Employee) –  rockford,ILFebruary 15, 2013
this position involved supervisory of tray line assembly for all meals. it was a swing shift position weekly. The hardest part was to ensure all employees fullfilled their assigned duties-if not for any reason i did those in order to accomodate requirements of that particular shift. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and visiting with some heart patients in order to survey them on the particulars of their meals and meal service.

4.3