Swedish American Hospital

Swedish American Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.
secretary (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: some evenings required.
Swedish American is a great place to work. Employees and managers are very nice and good to work with. Typical days at work are very busy. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with wonderful people.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 6, 2015
I worked with great people and loved my job. In the mornings we would get the report from the night shift and help patients with morning activities. Doctors may need help with dressings. Always keep the nurse up to date on what is going on
Great health system to work at
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2014
I loved this hospital. I had both of my children here. I was also employed here for 6 years. The staff are well educated and are skilled in their trades.
Hate it
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee), rockford ilNovember 5, 2014
Pros: 3 days a week schedule
Cons: work all holidays, every other weekend, benefits expensive
To small of a department. Everybody knows everybody's business. To many people trying to run the department. Manager does not do what he should. He just tells you what you want to hear.
Excellent place to be employed
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: a chance to move up in your fiedl of work
Swedish American Hospital was an excellent place to work, it was number one heart hospital overall, with a great team of Doctor's and employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of patients just knowing that I played a huge role in the recovering, PCU my floor was the greatest place to work, we hard a wonderful team of co-workers who we all would work together to provide exceptional care and knowing at the end of your shift your job was done with great compassion and care.
Swedish American Hospital was a great place to work. I learned a multitude of skills from co-workers.
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rockford ILJuly 13, 2014
I consider myself very privileged to have had the opportunity to work as a pediatric nurse for Swedish American Hospital right out of nursing school. Caring for children and families through their disease process was something that I always had interest in and over the years I have remained passionate about. I was lucky enough to work with a great group of nurses and mentors who taught me not only technical skills but also helped me to learn how to care for patients and families physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The nurses in the pediatric department at Swedish American Hospital worked as a team and supported each other. This organization has helped to mold me into the nurse I am today as I strive to give my patients and their families the best care possible. There are many enjoyable parts of my job. Helping families by providing education on their child's illness or holding the hand of a mother whose child just got diagnosed with a disease, although tough at times, makes me feel like I have made a difference. Providing comfort to a child and their family during such a difficult time in their lives is important to me. I think the most enjoyable part of my job though is watching the transformation of acutely ill children make a full recovery, nothing beats that!
Great company to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILApril 20, 2014
I work with a great group of people in a very fast paced environment. We are a team that focus solely on our patients, who are the reason we are there, to give them the highest level of care possible. I have learned and developed all my surgical skills at this company, as this is my first job out of the program. I am a member of the orthopedic team, and I also work in other specialties.
Great job to advance in
Registry Sitter (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 7, 2014
Swedish American hospital is a good, stable job with plenty of opportunities for educational advancement and job advancement. They also pay well.
Loved the work but some peers were impossible to work with. Made the job miserable!
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 25, 2014
I loved the job in terms of the tasks I had to complete, but the work environment was horrid! There were a small handful of co-workers that made my life hell and ruined the whole experience.
Loved working there.
Huc/CNA (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Could sometimes be stressful and not a lot of resources for big issues.
Staff Nurse
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse/Critical Care (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 24, 2013
Pros: teamwork, collaboration
Teamwork was excellent; increasing culture of collaboration among all caregivers.
very rewarding place to work
Switch Board Operator/ Physicians (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 3, 2013
Pros: pay, people
Cons: long shifts
had something different occur every day. Very rewarding place to work for.
Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 9, 2013
Good company to work for! High patient volume if your looking to learn this is the place.
Great staff, good environment
Physical Therapist Woemn's Health (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 29, 2013
Pros: see patients one at a time, great staff, good place to work
Cons: emr did not support women's health documentation - had to free type most of the note
A typical day included seeing patients one at a time, every 45 minutes. We worked with the PTA's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such an excellent staff. The most difficult part was working with several patients with Medicaid insurance, chronic pelvic pain. Many of these patients were difficult to motivate to help themselves, which placed a sense of burnout on the therapist.
Loved working for here
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMay 21, 2013
Pros: free food and the team got alone great
Cons: long breaks and the company always had different events for the staff
Loved working here and my co-workers and the management team was the best. plus this was my first job
Review
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 28, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment
I worked with the pre and post surgical patients that were admitted to the med/surg floor that I worked on. I applied my skills to EKGs, Phlebotomy with a range of other hospital needs which are but not limited to wound care, ambulation, feeding patients, bathing patients etc.
Sweds, a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford ILApril 5, 2013
My overall experience working at Swedish American Hospital was awesome. Seeing patients come and go with different surgeries and illnesses made the job interesting and challanging. Learning something new everday was the most enjoyable part of the job as well as seeing patients truly happy with their stay and care given to them.
Position requirements
Dietary line supervisor (Former Employee), rockford,ILFebruary 15, 2013
this position involved supervisory of tray line assembly for all meals. it was a swing shift position weekly. The hardest part was to ensure all employees fullfilled their assigned duties-if not for any reason i did those in order to accomodate requirements of that particular shift. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and visiting with some heart patients in order to survey them on the particulars of their meals and meal service.
To work with all cultures and the community.
Health Unit Coordinator/Placement (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 17, 2012
Pros: worked with wonderful people
Cons: dealing with some negative customers
Loved the people I worked with and the management was great. Was able to learn from the RN on unit was able to help when needed and within my learning skills
Hospital
Nursing Director and Magnet Coordinator (Current Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: being considered top talent
Cons: culture is not as transparent as i would like or as it was recently.
SwedishAmerican is an acute care hospital located in Rockford, IL. I am currently the Director of Women & Childrens Services and the Magnet Coordinator. They have given me opportunities and placed me in the elite category of Top Talent.