Swedish Covenant Hospital Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
X ray technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Nice employees
Good benefits, dental, vision, health, there's gym you can go with great employee discoutns.
There's pastor ministry inside hospital, they will pray for patients and employees.
Good working environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ap5September 20, 2017
Missed my coworkers soooooo much. Loved my manager. Thought she had a good heart and mostly fair. Want to go back but the distance. Learnt so much as a new nurse. Love swedish covenant.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay rate
People are nice to work with
STAFF NURSE ( IMCU) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
work with critically ill patients. Need to know how to manage vents and drips. People are nice to work with . People are willing to help you as a nurse
Great Place to work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2017
Worked with a GREAT physician, and his team was one that was very knowledgeable and caring. Worked for many years with the care team and assisted with appointments and insurance approvals
Not collaborative work environment
Phlebotomist Para Tech I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
There isn't equality in the environment all based on hierarchy. Lots of unfairness! Bad management! Many patients hated their frequent blood draws....
Wonderful place
Externship (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
The doctors are amazing. The environment is great. I have learned a lot about being a medical assistant, and how to interact with patients. I think this place has helped me see the back end of the doctors office and all the work that goes into scheduling a patient and getting them prepared to see the specialist. There's a podiatrist in this office too, which is pretty cool to learn about..
That job was no related my field at all.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
That was my first experience in customer service field. I was kind of shy at that time. I was taking full time classes on three days and i was working part time there. That job was in clinic and i had to deal with patients. Got to know new people that was something new that i have done in my field. i loved working there as well.
Pros
one her lunch free
Cons
no breaks
Gain experience
Clinical attachment/observership - hands-on (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMay 28, 2017
I could get much experience during this time at the Swedish covenant hospital. All the rotations was very helpful to improved my clinical skills. Great doctors to teach you.
Pros
Obtain experience
Cons
No one
no values with the employee's
Admission Clerk /Unit Secretary/ Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2017
i been there for 28/yrs.i have had pretty good reviews where i meet standards until here resent when management was changed everything went form good to worse
Swedish is a wonderful hospital.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
Swedish Covenant Hospital was great. I only left due to the fact that I was working nights. The hospital is clean and well maintained. I would definitely recommend this hospital to a friend.
Great teamwork
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Swedish. The nursing team staff are great and the teamwork makes everything run smooth. This hospital taught me about customer service and going the extra mile to make the patient's stay that much better.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Low pay
It's a decent place to work at but there are few opportunities for advancement
Medical Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2017
It's a decent place to work at but there are few opportunities for advancement. The benefits are minimal, pay increases do not reflect quality of work done, and they certainly do not match cost of living.
Pros
Health insurance plan
Cons
Vacation time, compensation
Great place
O.R. Staff Nurse (CNOR) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
Wonderful 5 years working with friends and surgeons who became friends. Loved the atmosphere and learned a lot. Have great memories of the experience.
This was a clinical rotation, not a job
Physical Therapy Student (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
This is an error on the site. I did not work here; I was an intern. student here for a clinical rotation. Therefore, this review is not applicable. N/A
Great working atmosphere
PGY1 Pharmacy Resident (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
I grew so much as a practitioner during my time here. With the help and guidance of my fellow colleagues, I was able to successfully transition from a student to a practicing pharmacist.
Public Safety Officer
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2017
Not the best place to be they only care about the companies interest not the employees. Been there for four but I've been injured due to me doing my job for the last two and I got terminated because I wasn't able to return at 100% percent.
Pros
Good hard working employees outside the dept.
Cons
No pension. no weekend.. hard to take time off..
Internship
Community Relations Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
Was an internship provided by my college wonderful experience and hands on learning. I would rate this as a wonderful way to understand what their community relations involves and important what this department does is to the community.
High employee turnover
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2017
Bad management, high employee turnover. Management will give you a higher rank in position but will not give you the raise you deserve based on the work done
Great place
Scheduling Physician Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2017
I have been working for the hospital for about 8 years and they have been a great place. Its a busy city hospital and you are always learning something everyday.
Pros
Everyone knows each other
excellent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work is busy but with excellent team work, you see people from different cultural backgrounds and you learn a lot. Management is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Covenant Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Swedish Covenant Hospital Reviews by Location