Swedish Covenant Hospital

Swedish Covenant Hospital Employer Reviews

Great way to work on proffesional communication as well as use my pharmacy knowledge.
PRN (Former Employee), chicagoNovember 28, 2014
used my pharmacy knowledge as well as my other skills such as effective communication.
Pleasant place to work
Registry Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2014
Very flexible schedule, especially for registry. Friendly management. Good variety of settings all in the same location (inpatient rehab, extended care facility, and acute). Would highly recommend this urban hospital!
RN, Diploma in Nursing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
I am very thankful to God Almighty and the Management who gave me a chance to work in this great place.
Residency Program Coordinator
Coordinator for the OB Residency Program (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great residency program!
Reported directly to the Program Director for busy residency program. Hands on with all schedules and ACGME requirements for the residency program.
My opinion of the workplace
ICU Staff RN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly from the first time i met them and throughout my stay.
Cons: long trip to get there usually 60-75 minute ride each way
obtain assignments, meet our patients, do what is necessary for the patients and family. I became part of the cardiac care team and learned a lot it was a great experience. Management was very helpful and actually listened to our concerns and problems. Co-workers were great always ready to lend a helping hand. We got along so well we did outside activities together. Hardest part of job was leaving them. I enjoyed working with the heart patients they seem to appreciate what we do for them more willing to follow program to get them well. They are usually very respectful and thankful.
Overall nice place to work
Sleep Apnea Technician (Former Employee), Chicago,ILSeptember 8, 2014
I worked alone so a typical day at work included inventory of supplies for the days work, setting up the patients rooms, registering patients upon arrival. The hardest part of the job was working the night shift. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my patients.
Cultural Diversity
RN in OB., LD, SCN. I (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2014
I work with a dynamic staff on a very busy unit. The hardest part of my job is the staffing ratio and the inconsistent paperwork. Everything else is great
Worst company/hospital to work for
Employee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: partial tuition reimbursement and the paid time off are excellent!
Cons: everything else!
This hospital seemed like it was rising in the ranks of Chicago's greatest, but instead, I have seen the slow decline. The benefits are great as long as you can tolerate the narrow-mindedness and uptight management in every single department.
Critical Care Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2014
Experienced to work in a critical care unit for more than five years and able to float in different area of critical care unit.
To obtain a position where I can utilize my extensive clerical and clinical skills as well as my ability to speak, read, write the Spanish language
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Biller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 28, 2014
Pros: loved the reps who set up lunches for the office
Cons: benefits were not so good
I was a front desk receptionist answering telephones, monitoring and directing calls, taking phone messages, keeping and preparing new patient’s medical charts with proper information, greeting patients and visitors in a quick, courteous manner. My coworkers and I shared a large amount of charts and encounters that we had to correct and enter useing medical billing codes. My manager very smart and responsible person always trusted me on making a desition on changes or asking for advise. The hardest part of my job was working with sick children. My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing them grow and get to know them and their parents.
Fast Paced Environment
Medical Records Clerk/OB/Gyn Practice (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
OB/Gyn practice with mutiple specialities including Urogyne and Gastro.
when you have nice co-worker and played as a team work you could pull work load and your day run smooth.
OUT PATIENT LAB(PHLEBOTOMY TEAM LEADER) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: some time management treat us free lunch being doing nice jobs
Cons: sometime when we are so busy we have to short our break, and lunch but for me patient come always 1st.
my co-worker were very nice and when you have nice co-worker that makes different, because we were working like team work. a typical day at work was when patient is waiting for there blood to be drawn and you can help it.management is sometime you can not help
everybody and you have to deal with problem.i enjoy working with patient.
it's a good place to get experience
Clinical Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: gained good experience
Cons: didn't find any cons
During my clinical hours at Swedish Hospital I've learned how to manage my work time, how to take care of residents (feeding, bathing, taking vital signs).
Intern
Surgical Implant Intern (Former Employee), Chicago ILFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: learned a lot.
Cons: finding a position
A lot to learn in a short time. Very beneficial as a college student.
good work place
Registered Nurse in Oncology unit (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: less benefits
Taking care of patients with many medical and surgical problems
Great Working Community
NURSE AUDITO (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Supports and recognizes skill. Work group exemplifies support for each other and enjoys the each other. Flexible and supportive of work/life balance. Community involvement and activity provides a joy to the caring spirit.
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: na
Great place to work, Swedish Covenant Hospital - Galter LifeCenter is a Medical Fitness facility with over 6,000 members. We have 200 employees that range from Group Fitness Instructors, Massage Therapists, Swim Coaches, Sales Team, Customer Service, Facilities and Management. Every day is full with new opportunities to connect with employees and members. People come here to to develop mind, body and spirit through exercise, good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle as well as relax and get a great workout from our professional fitness staff.
ED practice
ED physician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: good mix of patients and disease
Part time ED medicine
Excellent group of physicians and nursing staff
Most exciting aspect: after midnite patients...
Its a job.
registrar (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2013
Cons: parking, human resources, high turnover rate
After experiencing working here, I can say that most people are very nice to work with. However managers and higher ups have a control issue. They do not care about the patients. They care about the money. I am speaking about the clerical side.. I would hope the clinical side is much different.
Great Work Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2013
I love the work environment at Swedish Covenant, it makes it easy to work and learn. While it gets very busy at times, especially being in two department at once, it is still great environment. I enjoy meeting new people everyday, learning about them, and matching them up to a department or a unit that they can enjoy there time while helping others.