Swedish Covenant Hospital

Swedish Covenant Hospital Employer Reviews

Worst company/hospital to work for
Employee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: partial tuition reimbursement and the paid time off are excellent!
Cons: everything else!
This hospital seemed like it was rising in the ranks of Chicago's greatest, but instead, I have seen the slow decline. The benefits are great as long as you can tolerate the narrow-mindedness and uptight management in every single department.
Critical Care Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2014
Experienced to work in a critical care unit for more than five years and able to float in different area of critical care unit.
To obtain a position where I can utilize my extensive clerical and clinical skills as well as my ability to speak, read, write the Spanish language
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Biller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 28, 2014
Pros: loved the reps who set up lunches for the office
Cons: benefits were not so good
I was a front desk receptionist answering telephones, monitoring and directing calls, taking phone messages, keeping and preparing new patient’s medical charts with proper information, greeting patients and visitors in a quick, courteous manner. My coworkers and I shared a large amount of charts and encounters that we had to correct and enter useing – more... medical billing codes. My manager very smart and responsible person always trusted me on making a desition on changes or asking for advise. The hardest part of my job was working with sick children. My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing them grow and get to know them and their parents. – less
Fast Paced Environment
Medical Records Clerk/OB/Gyn Practice (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
OB/Gyn practice with mutiple specialities including Urogyne and Gastro.
when you have nice co-worker and played as a team work you could pull work load and your day run smooth.
OUT PATIENT LAB(PHLEBOTOMY TEAM LEADER) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: some time management treat us free lunch being doing nice jobs
Cons: sometime when we are so busy we have to short our break, and lunch but for me patient come always 1st.
my co-worker were very nice and when you have nice co-worker that makes different, because we were working like team work. a typical day at work was when patient is waiting for there blood to be drawn and you can help it.management is sometime you can not help
everybody and you have to deal with problem.i enjoy working with patient.
it's a good place to get experience
Clinical Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: gained good experience
Cons: didn't find any cons
During my clinical hours at Swedish Hospital I've learned how to manage my work time, how to take care of residents (feeding, bathing, taking vital signs).
Intern
Surgical Implant Intern (Former Employee), Chicago ILFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: learned a lot.
Cons: finding a position
A lot to learn in a short time. Very beneficial as a college student.
good work place
Registered Nurse in Oncology unit (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: less benefits
Taking care of patients with many medical and surgical problems
Great Working Community
NURSE AUDITO (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Supports and recognizes skill. Work group exemplifies support for each other and enjoys the each other. Flexible and supportive of work/life balance. Community involvement and activity provides a joy to the caring spirit.
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: na
Great place to work, Swedish Covenant Hospital - Galter LifeCenter is a Medical Fitness facility with over 6,000 members. We have 200 employees that range from Group Fitness Instructors, Massage Therapists, Swim Coaches, Sales Team, Customer Service, Facilities and Management. Every day is full with new opportunities to connect with employees and members. – more... People come here to to develop mind, body and spirit through exercise, good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle as well as relax and get a great workout from our professional fitness staff. – less
ED practice
ED physician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: good mix of patients and disease
Part time ED medicine
Excellent group of physicians and nursing staff
Most exciting aspect: after midnite patients...
Its a job.
registrar (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2013
Cons: parking, human resources, high turnover rate
After experiencing working here, I can say that most people are very nice to work with. However managers and higher ups have a control issue. They do not care about the patients. They care about the money. I am speaking about the clerical side.. I would hope the clinical side is much different.
Great Work Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2013
I love the work environment at Swedish Covenant, it makes it easy to work and learn. While it gets very busy at times, especially being in two department at once, it is still great environment. I enjoy meeting new people everyday, learning about them, and matching them up to a department or a unit that they can enjoy there time while helping others.
Great place to work!
Unit Clerk/CNA/EKG Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2013
Pros: caring environment
Cons: short breaks
Very compassionate about their patients well being. Very large hospital, very rewarding.
Overall, good place to work
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2013
Pros: good job security
Cons: no pension.
A typical day at work, Ranges from changing temperatures on the building automation system, to Operating and tearing down boilers for inspection and replacing bearings on motors. Also a lot of walking on your average day.

I have learned a lot at Swedish. In our line of work, Working at a hospital gives you the best opportunity to learn just about anything – more... there is to learn as a Stationary Engineer. HVAC-R, Boilers, Building automation, Pumps Motors. Reverse osmosis, Chillers, Exc.

Management- The chief Engineer is one of the most knowledgeable
people I have ever worked for. Above him The management is focus on growth.

My co-workers are a solid bunch of workers whom many I have personal trained. They are hard workers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with budget restraints. Not always being as affective as we can be because of them.

Working with a good crew. – less
Public Safety Moral Isuue
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2013
After 15 years of service the moral issue with the Public Safety Department went down I seen people come and go, turn over rate within 4 years has increased.Everybody is afraid to speak the truth I blame Managers and supervisors. SCH is not what it use to be 5 years ago. Good luck for those who applied
Good experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2013
I volunteered to get a better feel of the hospital environment. I would spend the day talking with patients, passing water for them, assisting nursing personnel with different tasks, sometimes escorting patients to different departments. The hardest part was that there wasn't much you could do, so I didn't feel I was using my whole potential.
Medical Records, Patient Information security
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2013
• Scanned medical records into computer system
• Coded both inpatient and outpatient records
• Processed subpoenas for the release of patient information
• Prepared medical records for scanning, and auditing
• Audited medical records, to ensure all information is accurate
The work was all repetitive
Para-Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2013
Pros: fun co-workers, easy going
Cons: reptitive work, no real chance for advancement
Came in received samples all day long and ran tests on samples
Good Summer Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: work experience
Cons: short period
Helpful staffs