Swedish match

Swedish match Employer Reviews

Great job with great benefits if you like being treated poorly and ran away after you get seniority.
territory Representative (Former Employee), central regionJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: management's ego's, liars, cheats, thieves, harassment of employees.
Great company with amazing benefits and fun work. Central region management lacks character and class. Will lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want. Including throwing you under the bus to make themselves look better. Breaking the law is no big deal if it benefits their pocketbooks and not yours. Very negative culture!
Swedish Match
Territory Rep (Former Employee), San FransicoNovember 19, 2014
Pros: fun easy job
Cons: mindless and alot of moving parts
This is a great company to work for from the top down, fun enjoyable and a great strategy to market. Not much growth potential though for indiviuals or as a company (the tobacco market as a whole is and has been in delcine)
Great at first. now way too much micro management. Watch you back!
Territory Represenitive (Former Employee), Central regionOctober 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, company car, work alone most of time, tools for job.
Cons: micro management, no trust, never praised, some upper management should not be there. work life balance
Very good company first 5 years. Always behind the competition. Management likes to sneak up on you. Great benefits, 401k, company car, etc... Sierra training is bogus.
Good size company and culture
Brand Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2014
I have worked for Swedish Match over 11 years. The Company has provided me with many opportunities for advancement and strives to be the best in all categories in which we compete.
Great JOB ! for a RED NECK who loves to Chew !
Territory Mnager (Former Employee), FloridaApril 2, 2014
Pros: a job !
Cons: management is slow on all actions !
8-5 Job, learned that management will only hire and promote young HIRES ! The Hardest Part of the Job was the DRIVING with no License ! Most enjoyable was being able to SMOKE a BLUNT all Day LONG ! FREE !!
great company to work for ,excellent benefits ,along with a strong training program
Territory Manager (Former Employee), houston tx.March 8, 2014
weekly itinerary to folloe ,develop sales ,set displays,merchandise product,inventory controls and account responsibilities.
hardest part of job -contingent fund maintainance.
freedom to create
Management is not organized
Territory Representative (Current Employee), USAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: daily sales
Cons: lack of empowerment
If you work hard with this company you will be rewarded. Training is lackluster and co-workers like to hear themselves talk about.....themselves.
Enjoyed working at this company
Senior Category Management Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 5, 2013
Swedish Match has a lot of good people with no a lot of turnaround. The culture is friendly and I made many connections. I gained a lot of experience and insight that I will be able to take to other employers.
Productive, fun work place.
Hopper Filler (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 14, 2013
Pros: cooled work environment
Cons: short breaks
It's a simple and easy place to work. You basically just place the cigars in a tray, then stack the trays on a pallet. Their wasnt much that i learned while working there, but my co-workers were all polite, to be honest.
fulltime people treat the temps with respect.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYApril 21, 2013
Pros: we can wear shorts and caps instead of a hairnet.
Cons: being temporary is my biggest con. the company rarely hires.
A great way to start a productive day is a simple good morning to all of my co-workers to see the smiles on their faces.
Starting each morning is a group meeting with our group leader. they keep us informed of the production expected and the production we ended up with the on the prior day. communication is very important for all workers.
I would say the hardest part of my day would be trying to keep everyone motivated through out the day, each day.My co-workers call me their mascot,since I take the time to keep them moving.
The best part of my job is how everyone gets a long. No drama. I look forward to going to work each day, due to a great work force team.