Swedish match Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting people to work with, lots of interaction with the Swedes.
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 23, 2015
Good stable company with good benefits. Interesting people, interesting work. In my position there was not room for advancement.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of direction at times.
Great job with great benefits if you like being treated poorly and ran away after you get seniority.
territory Representative (Former Employee) –  central regionJanuary 16, 2015
Great company with amazing benefits and fun work. Central region management lacks character and class. Will lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want. Including throwing you under the bus to make themselves look better. Breaking the law is no big deal if it benefits their pocketbooks and not yours. Very negative culture!
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
management's ego's, liars, cheats, thieves, harassment of employees.
Great at first. now way too much micro management. Watch you back!
Territory Represenitive (Former Employee) –  Central regionOctober 25, 2014
Very good company first 5 years. Always behind the competition. Management likes to sneak up on you. Great benefits, 401k, company car, etc... Sierra training is bogus.
Pros
benefits, company car, work alone most of time, tools for job.
Cons
micro management, no trust, never praised, some upper management should not be there. work life balance
Too many meetings
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 10, 2015
Answering phone calls and emails to support internal and external customers comprise most of the daily work. Since being with the company I have received several important certifications. I have learned that there are those you can trust and model after and those that you can't trust. This is unfortunate and exists in most companies but is especially dominant with this company. Management here is conducted by those in another country and are not willing/incapable of bringing office politics to an end. The hardest part of the job is having to rely on others to accomplish tasks that you don't have control over. Other departments do not have the same drive or work ethic as the Service Desk that I am a part of. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the needs and wants of other people that rely on you for fixing incidents and requests that are in your control.
Pros
Helping other people and learning new skills
Cons
Management and meetings.
Good Company - Great People
Retail Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2015
The best career foundation you could actually hope to have in your professional career. Great training, good people, and a fun job.
Pros
Great foundation.
Cons
Limited promotion opportunity without relocation.
Good Factory work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 9, 2015
It was good mindless temp work with good pay and good people. The job was simple packaging of smokeless tobacco products.
To obtain a position in a competitive environment, where my experience in sales, marketing and management will be utilized.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaFebruary 11, 2015
fulltime people treat the temps with respect.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 21, 2013
A great way to start a productive day is a simple good morning to all of my co-workers to see the smiles on their faces.
Starting each morning is a group meeting with our group leader. they keep us informed of the production expected and the production we ended up with the on the prior day. communication is very important for all workers.
I would say the hardest part of my day would be trying to keep everyone motivated through out the day, each day.My co-workers call me their mascot,since I take the time to keep them moving.
The best part of my job is how everyone gets a long. No drama. I look forward to going to work each day, due to a great work force team.
Pros
we can wear shorts and caps instead of a hairnet.
Cons
being temporary is my biggest con. the company rarely hires.
fun face pace work place
shipping&packing (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 1, 2015
I loved working for swedishmatch, the company management is very friendly and helpful.Id love to work there again if I have the chance to.
Good size company and culture
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2014
I have worked for Swedish Match over 11 years. The Company has provided me with many opportunities for advancement and strives to be the best in all categories in which we compete.
Management is not organized
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 1, 2014
If you work hard with this company you will be rewarded. Training is lackluster and co-workers like to hear themselves talk about.....themselves.
Pros
daily sales
Cons
lack of empowerment
Great JOB ! for a RED NECK who loves to Chew !
Territory Mnager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 2, 2014
8-5 Job, learned that management will only hire and promote young HIRES ! The Hardest Part of the Job was the DRIVING with no License ! Most enjoyable was being able to SMOKE a BLUNT all Day LONG ! FREE !!
Pros
a job !
Cons
management is slow on all actions !
Enjoyed working at this company
Senior Category Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2013
Swedish Match has a lot of good people with no a lot of turnaround. The culture is friendly and I made many connections. I gained a lot of experience and insight that I will be able to take to other employers.
Swedish Match
Territory Rep (Former Employee) –  San FransicoNovember 19, 2014
This is a great company to work for from the top down, fun enjoyable and a great strategy to market. Not much growth potential though for indiviuals or as a company (the tobacco market as a whole is and has been in delcine)
Pros
fun easy job
Cons
mindless and alot of moving parts
great company to work for ,excellent benefits ,along with a strong training program
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  houston tx.March 8, 2014
weekly itinerary to folloe ,develop sales ,set displays,merchandise product,inventory controls and account responsibilities.
hardest part of job -contingent fund maintainance.
freedom to create
Productive, fun work place.
Hopper Filler (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 14, 2013
It's a simple and easy place to work. You basically just place the cigars in a tray, then stack the trays on a pallet. Their wasnt much that i learned while working there, but my co-workers were all polite, to be honest.
Pros
cooled work environment
Cons
short breaks