Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA

Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA Employee Reviews

Immature leadership
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2017
If supervisors like you great if not they'll rarely fire you but will make it so can't transfer and you'll quit. They take sides for their favorites without benefit of talking to all parties. They can come to work in a bad mood but please don't let the peons be down for any reason. Even if you are a favorite a fall from grace can be swift so everyone watches their backs. But while you are a favorite you can pretty much get anything including getting chosen for a promotion before the position is posted or had interviews. Backstabbing isn't limited to low level staff. Doctors have been targeted by this from management as well. With jobs hard to get though low level staff will keep heads down and just work.
Pros
No OT, low cost bus pass
Cons
Leadership as stated above, you have to use Swedish providers for personal healthcare or you foot the bill as out of network, co-workers who have a lot of time for internet games, videos, browsing, shopping....with leadership knowledge
It is a fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
Exccellent, helpful and challenging in all level to work and lots of fun. The staff is very respectful towards each other and the management is very encouraging
Pros
Employee lunch
Positive place to work
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutritional servicesOctober 28, 2017
I enjoy working at the hospital very much , nothing I like better than helping people out in one way or another , Swedish is a great hospital for patients ,visitors and also staff members , they really stand behind service excellence
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometime short staffed
Left swedish
Insurance Rep 2 (Former Employee) –  Seattle Heights, WAOctober 20, 2017
I had to leave due to management and the pay. I loved my co workers, just the management is horrible. They have no respect for the workers what so ever. The pay is horrible and I would never come back to Swedish due to management..
Pros
Co workerd
Cons
Pay, managment, cant move up
Great coworkers who care about their job
Clinical Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
Great manager who gave lots of opportunity for advancement. Very fast paced. Could make improvements with staffing and supporting our floor nurses more for a less stressful floor environment
Lack of Strong Leadership
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2017
Healthcare is in rapid flux and requires incredibly strong leadership to steer an organization down a successful path. It is possible that leadership will develop but right now they are not there.
I really enjoyed helping the patients
Mammogram Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2017
I was so blessed to be able to learn Mammography and Bone Densitometry while being employed at Swedish Medical Center.
I always left work with a real sense of reward.
I like my Job and my co-workers
NAC (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2017
I like my job and my co-workers, they are great and fun loving people to work with at all times. we are like family here at Swedish. I like my position. I like my hrs. I also like my department.
Good Place to Work
NA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2017
Pros
I had lots of variety in my job. Good co-workers. Lots of training opportunities. Tuition/education reimbursement. Accessible by bus. Providers easy to work with.
Appreciated by staff.

Cons
Management needed a little more training.
There weren't enough staff.
Senior staff overlooked for promotion opportunities.
Pay was below average.

All in all not a bad place to work.
Pros
Lots of jobs posted.
Cons
Hard to transfer to a different position.
Insurance Followup Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2017
Swedish itself is a good place to work it is the management that needs an overhaul, very disrespectful to employees, we are treated like cattle just shut up and work.
Medical Industry
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2017
I started knowing nothing and left with a multitude of knowledge on patients, doctors, disesases, billing and insurance. Most places were fast paced and fun.
Pros
the science of medicine
Cons
insurancre dictating a patients health
met alot of great people
RN Staff Nurse bmt /oncology unit (Former Employee) –  Seattle WA.July 11, 2017
MGT WAS VERY SUPPORTIVE AND OPENED. Was treated as equal among doctors and nurses. Every day was a learning opportunity. wOULD WORK AGAIN IN THIS HOSPITAL . wORKPLACE was like a family.
Pros
learning alot
Great healthcare environment
Medical Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 30, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Swedish in general. I was not lucky with management. My supervisor takes sides and does not compliment when the job is well done or you do the extra mile.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No opprtunities to be promoted
Moved to get a new position
Insurance Specialist/Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2017
Management made the work place stressful. Wanted to move to another position in the company, but due to management and HR, I was unable to. I was a target.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Bad management
Good Place to Work
Spiritual Care (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 23, 2017
Swedish was a good hospital that gave good care to patients. It was open to treating the patient in all aspects, including spiritual care. Most hospitals only have PRN Chaplains.
Supporitve and positive working enviroment
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2017
Swedish is a wonderful organization to work for. The collaboration and team work displayed by all disciplines was something unique. Everyone had their role and valued the contributions of those around them. This positive and supportive atmosphere created a safe and welcoming work enviroment.
this was not in Seattle it was Denver
Certified CSPD Technician/Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 14, 2017
I only worked there 8 months as I found that they wanted me to be 5 people in 8 hours and I found I could not in good faith deliver high quality patient care in what they required me to do,
manageable workload if you are efficient
Transplant Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2017
Swedish is a fast paced environment and there is a manageable workload if you are efficient and achieve what you need. I have had a lot of pleasure working there, however I do not work closely within the hospital, rather in an outpatient clinic.
Grewat place to work
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 7, 2017
excitement, always learning something new
management is pretty ok
culture is very diverse and understanding of the time we are in
hardest part of the job is not knowing what kind of patients will walk in the door and their issues
the challenge of not knowing
registar
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2017
Overworked underpaid. Supposedly full time but constantly budgeted. If you are hired on as a full time employee expect only 30 to 35 hours instead of 40. No training after the repetitive computer training. Transferred from department to department, and hours switched at the dropped of the hat. . All about collecting the money and meeting the budget. No caring for patients or employees. Employees are micro managed and forced to sign documents.. Required to wear uncomfortable polyester uniforms. The co workers are great. The pay is decent. The benefits are acceptable.
Pros
benefits and co workers
Cons
no breaks, management, uniforms, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA. Our community is ready to answer.