Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA Employee Reviews

Great coworkers who care about their job
Clinical Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
Great manager who gave lots of opportunity for advancement. Very fast paced. Could make improvements with staffing and supporting our floor nurses more for a less stressful floor environment
Lack of Strong Leadership
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2017
Healthcare is in rapid flux and requires incredibly strong leadership to steer an organization down a successful path. It is possible that leadership will develop but right now they are not there.
I like my Job and my co-workers
NAC (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2017
I like my job and my co-workers, they are great and fun loving people to work with at all times. we are like family here at Swedish. I like my position. I like my hrs. I also like my department.
Good Place to Work
NA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2017
Pros
I had lots of variety in my job. Good co-workers. Lots of training opportunities. Tuition/education reimbursement. Accessible by bus. Providers easy to work with.
Appreciated by staff.

Cons
Management needed a little more training.
There weren't enough staff.
Senior staff overlooked for promotion opportunities.
Pay was below average.

All in all not a bad place to work.
Pros
Lots of jobs posted.
Cons
Hard to transfer to a different position.
Insurance Followup Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2017
Swedish itself is a good place to work it is the management that needs an overhaul, very disrespectful to employees, we are treated like cattle just shut up and work.
Medical Industry
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2017
I started knowing nothing and left with a multitude of knowledge on patients, doctors, disesases, billing and insurance. Most places were fast paced and fun.
Pros
the science of medicine
Cons
insurancre dictating a patients health
met alot of great people
RN Staff Nurse bmt /oncology unit (Former Employee) –  Seattle WA.July 11, 2017
MGT WAS VERY SUPPORTIVE AND OPENED. Was treated as equal among doctors and nurses. Every day was a learning opportunity. wOULD WORK AGAIN IN THIS HOSPITAL . wORKPLACE was like a family.
Pros
learning alot
Great healthcare environment
Medical Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 30, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Swedish in general. I was not lucky with management. My supervisor takes sides and does not compliment when the job is well done or you do the extra mile.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No opprtunities to be promoted
Moved to get a new position
Insurance Specialist/Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2017
Management made the work place stressful. Wanted to move to another position in the company, but due to management and HR, I was unable to. I was a target.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Bad management
Good Place to Work
Spiritual Care (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 23, 2017
Swedish was a good hospital that gave good care to patients. It was open to treating the patient in all aspects, including spiritual care. Most hospitals only have PRN Chaplains.
Supporitve and positive working enviroment
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2017
Swedish is a wonderful organization to work for. The collaboration and team work displayed by all disciplines was something unique. Everyone had their role and valued the contributions of those around them. This positive and supportive atmosphere created a safe and welcoming work enviroment.
this was not in Seattle it was Denver
Certified CSPD Technician/Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 14, 2017
I only worked there 8 months as I found that they wanted me to be 5 people in 8 hours and I found I could not in good faith deliver high quality patient care in what they required me to do,
manageable workload if you are efficient
Transplant Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2017
Swedish is a fast paced environment and there is a manageable workload if you are efficient and achieve what you need. I have had a lot of pleasure working there, however I do not work closely within the hospital, rather in an outpatient clinic.
Grewat place to work
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 7, 2017
excitement, always learning something new
management is pretty ok
culture is very diverse and understanding of the time we are in
hardest part of the job is not knowing what kind of patients will walk in the door and their issues
the challenge of not knowing
registar
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2017
Overworked underpaid. Supposedly full time but constantly budgeted. If you are hired on as a full time employee expect only 30 to 35 hours instead of 40. No training after the repetitive computer training. Transferred from department to department, and hours switched at the dropped of the hat. . All about collecting the money and meeting the budget. No caring for patients or employees. Employees are micro managed and forced to sign documents.. Required to wear uncomfortable polyester uniforms. The co workers are great. The pay is decent. The benefits are acceptable.
Pros
benefits and co workers
Cons
no breaks, management, uniforms, pay
Wonderful Culture
Referral and Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WAJune 4, 2017
Swedish is a wonderful place to work. The staff and managers are very welcoming. The hardest part of the job navigating the intranet. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients and family members in need.
Pros
Employees are committed and are willing to help their peers.
Cons
At times the clinics and departments communications are a bit disjointed.
overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 2, 2017
typical day at work is busy and hectic. management is not always about making employees happy. workplace culture is ok. the most enjoyable part of my job is my patients.
Very under staffed.
Certified Central Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2017
Hmmm where can I start.
The place is very under staffed, cheap on supplies for work purposes,lazy employees and not team oriented.
Case load can be from 70-80 cases a day very busy and overwhelming the add on's continue throughout the day.
Compensation is horrible but yet this is the highest paid facility in the city of Seattle.
Treat the employees throughout the department horrible you'll get a write up for any and everything even if you call off sick. Only allowed 3 sick calls a year this is ridiculous come on we're in the medical field. Don't even bother unless you're up to getting mistreated and disrespected.
This facility have a hard time hiring no one wants to work here. Also too cheap to hire agency temporarily as well.
Instrument sets just sit up for days on out WIP is as high as 500+ on lowest point is 200's.

Think this one out real well before applying at Swedish Firsthill! Best of luck!
Pros
There isn't any!
Cons
There isn't any!
great opportunities and support to grow
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2017
overall, a great place to work, education is offered and supported, staff involvement is encouraged, leadership rounds on staff and patients, there is a strong culture of safety
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2017
Swedish is a great place to work. There are multiple avenues for advancement and the pay is competitive with other hospitals in the area. I am always challenged at work but never overwhelmed and management provides the equipment and support we need to do our job most of the time.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, great pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA. Our community is ready to answer.