Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA Employee Reviews

Grateful to learn from the best!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2016
As a part of the Swedish Medical Center staff I felt that I had the opportunity, physical setup, and the support of management to do the best possible practices concerning nursing care for the hospitalized patient. The culture of care encouraged continual growth, respect for patient's individual needs, and distinguished Swedish Medical Center as a community cornerstone. I am grateful to have been a part of that team.
Pros
great team-building
Cons
no more home health department
Swedish have awesome benefits for their employees
Hospital Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Swedish is a great Hospital to work and grow. I think they have the best health coverage than some of the leading Hospitals.
Pros
Good Medical coverage
Cons
less break
steady environment, checking patients to there appointment and verifying there demographics
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2016
Check patients in, collect any co-pays they might have, or update demographics and new insurances.
I also ask for any balances patients might have. In my free time I scan forms in, fax, or make copies of forms.
Busy orthopedic unit
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 27, 2016
Under staffed, learned to work with the resources I had to make it through a busy 12 hour shift. Great co workers who were willing to put in the effort to finish a busy 12 hour shift.
Fun mixed with work
Vascular Access RN (Current Employee) –  Swedish Medical CenterAugust 18, 2016
I love my coworkers. We love our line of work. We would gladly remain there until retirement.

Read emails. Fill empty shifts over the four campuses of Swedish.

Work on Education projects.

Answer calls as they come in.

Charge RN, solving problems as they arise. Assisting others as needed.
Pros
The people
Cons
Budget problems
Dedicated to patient care and employee work/life balance
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2016
Co-workers were amazing. I enjoyed the patient access department and the overall culture. Work was easy going, the doctors were amazing and fun to work with.
Pros
Healthcare options
Cons
Parking is limited on First Hill
Pretty good place to work
Med/tele PRN (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2016
Pretty good place to work, we have good team work on our floor but I can't say the same for other floors I have floated to. Staffing can be an issue and then management tries to over fill our floor so each nurse has 6-7 patients.
Good Place to Work
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2016
SMC offer's competitive wages, & overall good benefit plan. The biggest drawback of working at SMC is the very high-cost of living in the greater-Seattle area. Housing prices in Seattle go up on a daily basis, this trend doesn't show any signs of ending soon. Seattle is simply growing way too fast, we're second only to Dubai in the number of immobile cranes on building sites.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
If you can find any housing, it will be expensive.
Always busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed working here because of how busy it was day to day, it kept me in shape and occupied. everyone was respectful and hard working. Most days were the same and consistent. It was nice seeing patients with familiar faces who always looked happy. Working here was my favorite job, I only left because I moved out of town.
Pros
Had Friday off, everyone was understanding
Cons
expensive parking
A poorly designed culture
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swedish Pediatric Specialty CareJuly 21, 2016
If you're looking for employment at a clinic with high turnover (I'm talking FIFTEEN employees in a one year period out of 36 employees not including providers) then this is the place for you!

1) Unqualified management without proper resources.
2) Culture of tattling telling instead of addressing any of your concerns or questions directly with your colleagues.
3) Frequent "rounding" from Swedish HR without follow-up and any resolution. HR is not on your side. HR is here to save Swedish's hide and they have no desire to help their employees.
4) Abrupt and inappropriate physicians who are not reprehended for breaking policies, bullying, name calling, and poor patient care.

The most enjoyable part of the job is absolutely the patients, but unfortunately that alone is not enough to be satisfied with your job.

I strongly urge you to consider other employment options.
Pros
Flexible with time off and hours if needed
Cons
No direction or resources, high turnover, no standardization or appropriate training, no accountability
best co-workers, assigned to a Doctor develops continuity
medical Patient Care coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2016
patient recognition, scheduling and phones all day, i do get patient face to face interaction this i like, a lot of change and procedures but room for growth here
It was like family
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballard, WAJuly 14, 2016
I would love to say the people I worked with for so long at Swedish were like a family. The teamwork was always excellent and it made the demanding/busy work of a clinic smooth and fun as possible. I tip my hat to those who continue on. I will miss everyone.
I learned how to succeed as a leader being there the longest. I was the resource for vaccines and inventory and EMR procedures.
The hardest part of my job was justifying my position as new management came in.
Pros
Solid and supportive group of co-workers
Cons
Health plan and Parking
Fun learning job
Records Clerk Confidential, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  human resorcesJuly 5, 2016
My typical day at work consist of me filing all employees paper work for all of there hospital and I was the only file clerk, the one thing I learned was workers compensation work in the departments. Management for this job was great no micro management I loved my coworkers all was had fun on the job as long as work was done. On this job was when I could not find a file that was need asap. My most enjoyable part was that I did not work on the weekend.
Pros
Realy take care of there employees
Cons
I realy don't have any.
Wonderful place to work
Registrar in Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 2, 2016
I will give them 5 stars, I work the overnight shift I have a great team I worked with. The people; I enjoyed the workplace I enjoyed all the staff nurses doctors etc. My management was nice. I learned that I liked the administration sides of Healthcare. I would say that the most enjoyable part of the job are the patients. The hardest part of the job is when we are under staff.
Very click-like environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 26, 2016
1:6 ratios. That not all work environments serve all people. Did not communicate well with staff. If you were not liked by the powers that be they would get the worst assignments disappear from the floor and constantly debase you. Staying at the facility passed my 90 day probation was the hardest part of my job. Finding another job and leaving was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Learned about the SMC experience
Cons
Learned about the SMC experience
Fast paced work environment requiring excellent organizational skills and team work.
Vascular Access RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 24, 2016
A typical day was working on a team of 4 to 5 IV nurses covering 600+ inpatient beds as well as outpatient areas. Responsibilities included starting peripheral IV's including ultrasound guided peripheral IV placement. Accessing and de-accessing port-a-caths, daily monitoring of all central lines and central line dressing changes. I learned many skills as part of the Swedish vascular access team including PICC placement, ultrasounds guided peripheral IV placement and intraosseous device placement.
fast paced
CST (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2016
I like to stay busy. Its a great place to work. I work both in the main operating rooms and the GYN floor. I am working here through a contract position through Integrated healthcare staffing agency. I enjoy specializing in GYN and I have gotten great references from there and even got a thank you card for doing a great job with surgeons in the mainOR
Pros
paid weekly because contract
Cons
no free meals
my review
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2016
great company, good workers. i enjoy my current position, just looking to see what other options i may have at any given time
Swedish,
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  seattle waJune 6, 2016
Swedish is a good company. I been here over 9yrs. I started with Swedish out in the emergency room was the. I was the go to girl who made sure everything need to be done.
Unsure if training is adequate when an area has a nursing shortage
RN Perioperative Nurse/Circulator (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 31, 2016
Always learning and growing. Management is typical management, under the gun to get the job done and under budget. Co-workers vary from nice to mean. Patients are the most enjoyable part of my job. Mean co-workers are the hardest part of my job.
Pros
Good learning environment, benefits, and pay.
Cons
Parking, nursing culture is not as team oriented as I assumed it would be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA. Our community is ready to answer.

Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA Reviews by Location