Swedish Medical Center

Swedish Medical Center Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
Secretary IV (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 21, 2014
I support of the Director of Education, eight Clinical Educators and the daily operations of the Clinical Education Department as well as all aspects of over 154 classes/courses daily, including annual. This includes class planning, building the course in the Healthcare Learning System (HLS)-HealthStream, all class registration and administrative support – more... of the class daily schedule flow. I am one of the two HLS HealthStream Administrators for the facility and teach a “HealthSteam Administrator Overview” course quarterly. I am responsible for the department’s payroll processing using the KRONOS system. I also, support of the Licensed/Unlicensed new hire orientation. I maintain several data bases. Orientated department new hires on department attendance procedures and the use of applications used by the organization. (Please see attached resume for more detail)

Considering other job opportunities due to the possible decentralization of the Clinical Education Department and hoping to advance my career. My Director is aware I am considering other opportunities. – less
I will miss the people I work with
principal Cafe Entree Cook (Current Employee), Ballard, WANovember 8, 2014
Pros: freedom to be creative with cafe menu
Cons: i have to move to missoula, i will miss it
I currently cook; 2 soups (scratch), 2 entrees, starch and vegie daily. Also take care of breakfast specials and other items. Also, cover absences and break coverage for the department in tandem with sous chef. Sous Chef and I work together to conserve product, be creative with menu for the Cafe, and have a bit of fun doing it.
New Hospital
CSSD Manager for the Interventional Platform (Current Employee), Issaquah, WANovember 5, 2014
Pros: tons of new faces with fresh ideas
Cons: tons of new faces with fresh ideas
I started this journey as Swedish's newest hospital to open. While the first year was challenging and we lost allot of good people that where not up to the challenge the following years have bee filled with great opportunities to create a department that operates from my vision.
i in joyed the job
Cook 2 per diem (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the houres were good
Cons: as a per diem cook there are no benfits
I would cook for the patience .and prep for for the kitchen. I would cook in the café and do special diet
Great co-workers and interesting subject matter
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: unsteady environment with massive layoffs often.
Swedish is an amazing medical center and I very much enjoyed working there. Unfortunately, as the company changed, layoffs happened. But I appreciate all my time there.
Great work environment with many opportunities for growth
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere, friendly staff, career opportunities, sense of family.
Cons: repetition, variable hours, parking
I will always consider Swedish Medical Center to be like a second home for me. I cannot be more enthusiastic about what a great place to work this hospital is. The management is very friendly and supportive. Fellow staff members are courteous, helpful, and often entertaining. There are just as many opportunities for growth, if not more compared to similar – more... hospital settings, however the environment is one that is much more laid back and low stress. The job itself can be stressful given the critical condition of many of the patients, however that is expected in this field. If anyone is looking for an inpatient pharmacist job in the Seattle area, I would strongly recommend Swedish. – less
Great environment, Premier Hospital and wonderful benefits
Assistant Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great hospital, wonderful working environment
At Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington I was the Assistant Benefits Coordinator.

My responsibilities included: Assisting employees with enrollment into benefit plans. Assisting with the coordination of open enrollment and benefit fairs. Resolved employee claim issues with insurance companies. Entered employee benefit information into HRIS – more... System. Conducted group benefit and hospital orientation meetings for all new hires. – less
A lot of work, but fun
Accounting Technician - Finance Department (Former Employee), SeattleJuly 31, 2014
Pros: you never get bored
Cons: from my point of view- not so great location
I was lucky to have wonderful managers and colleagues. The work was very intensive, but with a great team, I didn't feel the pressure.
I enjoyed my work experience at Swedish
Patient Safety Attendant/ CNA (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 29, 2014
I loved being able to help people when they were sick. I learned how to take care of cancer patients.
OB/GYN & MIDWIFERY (Former Employee), Ballard, WAJuly 28, 2014
This office has a high turn over. Oddly, the physicians have higher turn over than the employees. It doesn't make for a great environment. It's difficult to continue to learn different styles.

Also, Management can be a little over-bearing, but over all knows that it's a business and try to stay professional.
not a happy place to be.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2014
Cons: no breaks
I found that Swedish has a history of rolling lay-offs. I worked there for seven years and was lay-off 4 times. Management was very hard to approach. Compensation/Benefits were slashed after the company bought up all the extra hospitals.
Not a good atmosphere to grow in professionally
Float Pool RN (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 30, 2014
Pros: autonomy
The administration has cultivated an atmosphere of mistrust and frustration. Employee satisfaction rates are very low.
Excellent Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 29, 2014
This is a great company to work for and they care about their employees.
i was enjoying working at Swesdish Medical Center.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Everett, WAMay 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Well Organized
Hard Worker
Punctual
Energetic
Time Management
Enjoy working with groups and independently
great people, great working team
Surgical technologist for level one trauma center (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 22, 2014
scrub all heart cases, rotated to other services when needed
It's been a great place for me and I have advanced as much as I could with my current qualifications.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule. salaried.
Cons: some days are very long.
A typical day working as a Case Manager on the Orthopedic Unit is very busy reviewing patients problem list, assessing their need for Home Health Care vs Rehab Center and making the necessary arrangements. Acting as a liaison between patients, families, staff, service providers and assessing if a Social Worker is needed.

I learned that lot's of communication – more... is key.

Management is sensitive to you needs and request within their limits, they attempt to provide a place where you would want to work and work closely with you.

Constant interaction in an open area can be very distracting.

The people, patients, co-workers, doctors, product representatives. – less
Fast-paced work environment
Ultrasound internship (Former Employee), Seattle, waMay 18, 2014
First hill has a fast-paced work environment that requires employes to be able to multitask and complete tasks quickly which I really enjoy.

Typical work day involves an 8 to 10 hours shift with breaks and a lunch.

It gave me a great exposure to a variety of different exams and procedures, as well as a chance to work with different monographers and – more... radiologists. It was truly a great experience. – less
Comfortable surrounds with friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Sammamish, WAMay 12, 2014
I work with providers and staff who try to make sure their patients are taken care of on a daily basis. They are hard working and it shows on the faces of their patients that they are doing something right. I learn new things on a daily basis not only from my patients but the staff that I work with as well.
High stress environment with great coworkers
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 24, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: many changes in management
Every day brought new learning opportunities and challenges. I worked in a fast paced emergency department supporting the clinical staff, ancillary departments, and patients and their families. There were several changes in management over the course of my employment, which brought challenges as the staff, including myself, adapted to new management – more... styles and vision for our department and hospital. – less
Nice place to work
Secretary IV (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 22, 2014
My co-workers are very professional people whom I enjoy working with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swedish Medical Center

About Swedish Medical Center Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, – Read more

Swedish Medical Center Photos