Swedish Medical Center

Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and reliable employee.
CNA (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible Shifts
Cons: Very Independent Person
I worked more than 5 years as can.
I was independent mind and, reliable person.
Very honest and trustworthy.

I'm a team player and well organized person who can deliver the load on a good and timely manner as expected by the authority.
I easily follow commands and follow directives from my boss without troubles.
Good place
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good coffee
Cons: No breaks sometimes
Nice flow to work in. Management is available to speak with as long as you give them notice. Good location and ability to transfer to other campuses.
Awsome people awful management
Histology Technician (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: coordinators
Coworkers are awesome but most of the management lacks of experience and knowledge on how to deal with people, with some training for the coordinators the place would be great.
Overall Swedish is a great co
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: schedule are flexable
Cons: need more fte's
i work 10 hours day and the workload is very high but we manager our time get the work done.

Excellent co workers and supervisors, we have all the equipement we need to our jobs.

some days are stressful but managable.

overall Swedish is a great co to work for
Good Employer
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), BallardApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and Great co-workers.
Cons: More corporate and less local management
I worked for Swedish for many years, and in that time went thru many changes. They have grown from being a local hospital to a much larger medical system, with 5 hospital/medical centers and many neighborhood clinics. The medical care is excellent and the staff really care about their patients. The best part of the job is your co-workers. The hardest part is the volume of patients you are expected to handle. Also since the economic crisis, some of the perks and benefits have gone away or have been lowered. All in all, my time there was good and I learned a lot of different skills.
Great Physicians and fun work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Physician support/appreciation, staff dedicated to excellence, teamwork
Cons: Management dedication to process improvement lacking
I, like another reviewer am sorry that I left the Polyclinic as a float MA. The work was rewarding, yet repetitious in the gastroenterology department, however, the nurses and other staff were very supportive and wanted us all to succeed daily with patient processing and department goals.

I left for a seemingly more "challenging, less routine" Medical Assistant position at another clinic close to the Broadway clinic however, that experience when compared to all the positives at the Polyclinic, proved to be fruitless with no team support and physicians who were only there for patient procedure production, little empathy exhibited, if any.

I would love to be reconsidered at the Polyclinic.
A small lab, and some great people
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Center, COApril 7, 2015
I worked as a summer intern here, and really enjoyed my time here. A small lab, with some fun, passionate, and motivated people.
N/A
Respiratory therapist (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 17, 2015
Great hospital with lots of caring and compassionate co workers. No life balance with my work. Overworked staff. Unrealistic expectations.
Wouldnt have taken this job if I wasn't desperate!
Do not wish to answer (Current Employee), Englewood coMarch 8, 2015
Not enough pay. They are one of the lowest paying hospitals in Denver area. Their equipment is falling apart. The pay differential is almost nonexistent and their holiday pay is a joke! Basically unless you work overnight for at least 6 to 8 hours, you don't get pay for working holidays. Don't know what the hospital does with their money! Short breaks.
knowledgeable staff,
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), WeatridgeFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great learning atmosphere
Cons: pay
Fast paced, knowledgeable staff, ok benefits. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Working in an environment with knowledgeable co-workers.
fun place to work
OPERATING ROOM RN (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: not enough staff
This was my first job as a nurse and I loved them. They were compassionate, informative, patient, and truly one of the best places I have worked. The only reason I left is because I wanted to travel and see the world.
Busy hospital with #1 Trauma Center and high goals for patient care
Registrar (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 3, 2015
very busy greeting patients, registering them for inpatient and outpatient procedures. Great co-workers. Fast paced with many duties.
Very organized and awesome people
Student (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 26, 2015
The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The way they the lead tech goes through all of the orders and gives them to the tech's is very organized. Everyone was really good at treating each other well. I was able to take x-rays with indirect supervision and without the tech's telling me how they would do it.
Great hospital to work for
Nuclear Medicine PET/CT Technologist (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 19, 2014
-Flexible hours
-Advancement possibilities are good if you are willing to put in the time and effort
Nice place to work
Secretary IV (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 21, 2014
I support of the Director of Education, eight Clinical Educators and the daily operations of the Clinical Education Department as well as all aspects of over 154 classes/courses daily, including annual. This includes class planning, building the course in the Healthcare Learning System (HLS)-HealthStream, all class registration and administrative support of the class daily schedule flow. I am one of the two HLS HealthStream Administrators for the facility and teach a “HealthSteam Administrator Overview” course quarterly. I am responsible for the department’s payroll processing using the KRONOS system. I also, support of the Licensed/Unlicensed new hire orientation. I maintain several data bases. Orientated department new hires on department attendance procedures and the use of applications used by the organization. (Please see attached resume for more detail)

Considering other job opportunities due to the possible decentralization of the Clinical Education Department and hoping to advance my career. My Director is aware I am considering other opportunities.
I enjoyed my work experience at Swedish
Patient Safety Attendant/ CNA (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 29, 2014
I loved being able to help people when they were sick. I learned how to take care of cancer patients.
Not a good atmosphere to grow in professionally
Float Pool RN (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 30, 2014
Pros: autonomy
The administration has cultivated an atmosphere of mistrust and frustration. Employee satisfaction rates are very low.
great people, great working team
Surgical technologist for level one trauma center (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 22, 2014
scrub all heart cases, rotated to other services when needed
It's been a great place for me and I have advanced as much as I could with my current qualifications.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule. salaried.
Cons: some days are very long.
A typical day working as a Case Manager on the Orthopedic Unit is very busy reviewing patients problem list, assessing their need for Home Health Care vs Rehab Center and making the necessary arrangements. Acting as a liaison between patients, families, staff, service providers and assessing if a Social Worker is needed.

I learned that lot's of communication is key.

Management is sensitive to you needs and request within their limits, they attempt to provide a place where you would want to work and work closely with you.

Constant interaction in an open area can be very distracting.

The people, patients, co-workers, doctors, product representatives.
Nice place to work
Secretary IV (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 22, 2014
My co-workers are very professional people whom I enjoy working with.

1 2 3

About Swedish Medical Center

About Swedish Medical Center Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, – Read more

Swedish Medical Center Salaries

$54,167 per year
Registered Nurse
$28.75 per hour

Swedish Medical Center Photos

Find out more at http://swedish.jobs/