Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved my job and benefits
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
At Swedish my role was a registrar for the emergency room. I worked at several campuses and enjoyed the fast paced environment. We had to register patients under two minutes and be efficient and accurate with all patient demographics and details. I would have stayed and continued employment there but we decided to relocate to another state.
Great job, Great co-workers
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2017
I loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with.
I enjoy being busy and having different tasks on a daily basis. I also loved having interaction with patients.
Overall a good hospital for care.
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2017
The Diagnostic Imaging department needs a great deal more structure. As a Radiology RN, was pulled apart by the work load and management. The CVICU was a great department to work in.
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill Campus, SeattleOctober 28, 2017
Good place to work. good benefits. Workplace culture was average. Management was average.

Swedish was on a good bus line so it made the commute good.
Balanced life
Patient Financial Representative II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2017
I loved working for Swedish medical center, had no problem in and out daily, getting along with management made my day go fast, like I was never at work. I think if you tend to be negative it kinds of throws you off the atmosphere. I meant I think its best you choose what you really want to do in life workwise, because if you don't well its overwhelming.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
My experience in Swedish was great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAOctober 14, 2017
Since I came from being working for more than five years in one of the best hospitals in the northwest and possibly, in the country, (University of Washington Medical Center) I started working at Swedish with some doubts. At the end I can tell you that the experience was amazing. As a CNA, the duties are about the same everywhere, just taking vital signs, cleaning and grooming, and overall supporting the patients emotionally and advocating for them, showing them how important they are for you as a person and as a team as well.
I learned that never doubt when you face a new experience. It's true that the unit I worked in is part of the old building, but even though the spaces are well distributed and easy to work in. The hardest part, of course, the patients whom you can't do anything else to save their lives. And the death.
Pros
Putting the patients first.
Cons
As everywhere I think, some stuff (nurses) are not that helpfull as they should.
Excellent place to work
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2017
Swedish Medical Center is a state of the art medical center. The medical center has a reputation for delivering excellent care to patients. They provide services for maternity/baby, cardiac, pulmonary, neurology, orthopedic, medical/surgical and many other sub-specialities.
Outpatient coder
Coding Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
I learned a lot from this job. My manager was great! The commute was long but they paid for my bus pass. There was no career advancement in my department so I moved on.
Na
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 9, 2017
Good, busy proactive environment, along with good work family balance, suitable time off. Good patient care throughout the hospital, and good communication in general.
Many of the staff are great
Certified Volunteer Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2017
I've been told that it's not fair I haven't been offered a position with the hospital after volunteering for a little over 8 years. I would really like to stay with Swedish Medical Center - First Hill Campus, at least a Part Time employee with the department I continue to help in.
Pros
Validated parking as a volunteer, allowance for lunch.
Cons
Haven't been offered at least a Part Time position.
Great Worklife Balance
Senior Nurse Recruiter Float (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
Great Worklife balance. Very top heavy in Management. Could be better with Workforce Panning. It's a healthcare company that is low with decision making
Great Company
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2017
Swedish is a great company to work for. They offer great benefits. I've gained a tremendous amount of customer service experience here. Swedish management really makes sure that their employees are happy and in a comfortable environment.
Awesome places to work
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 19, 2017
Swedish and Parker hospitals were amazing to work with. All people are friendly, supervisors supportive. I totally recommend both hospitals. They offers full benefits.
prenatal technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2017
I love working at Swedish it the best place to work. I love my job it's the most wonderful job I have it has help me to grow and increase my knowledge.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to work, wonderful people!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2017
I really enjoyed this job but I think I was too young to appreciate it. It was very emotional for me and I felt a little thrown to the wolves. I was a brand new CNA and was put in the float pool so a different floor every day. I was overwhelmed by some of the floors I had to work on and it freaked me out. I think now would be different and I would love to work in the hospital again. I love helping people but at the time I was in a little over my head. None of that is Swedish fault, I would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Great hospital, wonderful people
Good place to learn
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2017
I was an intern there for 3 months and worked 40 hours a week with 10 hour days. The staff was very friendly and my instructor was knowledgeable and a great supervisor.
friendly work enviorment
Emergency Room Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2017
A typical day @ work consisted of checking patients into the E.R
register patient
verify demographics
triageRN's to the front
collect insurance co-pays
The hardest part of the job was seeing patient's suffer
The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients leave the E.R feeling better.
cut throat
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2017
At the time I worked there it was very stressful and lots of back stabbing. The company didn't have your back they just allowed the other staff to treat people badly
Average CNA job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 27, 2017
Management is pretty understanding. Fast-paced, awesome coworkers! My reason for leaving this position is so I can move out of state soon. Definitely want to come back after getting my RN
A constantly growing and changing company
Perioperative Surgical Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2017
You can always learn something when you come to work. Everything from how to deal with work conflicts with training in Health Stream, to being able to advance your personal skills. People come all over the world just to be seen by a physician and Swedish Medical Center. Celebrities local and abroad have been spotted here and Swedish treats everyone like Royalty.
Pros
Employee Events and Celebrations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.