Swedish Medical Center

Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Always busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed working here because of how busy it was day to day, it kept me in shape and occupied. everyone was respectful and hard working. Most days were the same and consistent. It was nice seeing patients with familiar faces who always looked happy. Working here was my favorite job, I only left because I moved out of town.
Pros
Had Friday off, everyone was understanding
Cons
expensive parking
Great place to start in health care
New Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2016
I would not work from then again but grateful for my time. It was a good place to learn health care and to build the resume and then move onto a new company. The staff was over worked and underpaid
okay
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
okay experience. really hard to give this place a review because i worked for a smaller office in the swedish/ providence family. Depends where you're at with the company
steady environment, checking patients to there appointment and verifying there demographics
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2016
Check patients in, collect any co-pays they might have, or update demographics and new insurances.
I also ask for any balances patients might have. In my free time I scan forms in, fax, or make copies of forms.
They kind of value you...
patient care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 31, 2015
but just enough so you come to work the next day. Little to no room for advancement.
We nearly had to strike last year for better benefits.
Pros
continuity of themes
Cons
little room for advancement, benefits are sub-par
Fun mixed with work
Vascular Access RN (Current Employee) –  Swedish Medical CenterAugust 18, 2016
I love my coworkers. We love our line of work. We would gladly remain there until retirement.

Read emails. Fill empty shifts over the four campuses of Swedish.

Work on Education projects.

Answer calls as they come in.

Charge RN, solving problems as they arise. Assisting others as needed.
Pros
The people
Cons
Budget problems
Central Services Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2016
I have worked at Swedish for almost 31 years and it has been rewarding experience. I enjoy the dedication of the hospital to patient care and experience. The people I work with are amazing
Swedish
Radiography Student (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 5, 2016
Enjoyed the work and the patients.
I liked the variety within the department.
I was a student, not an employee so I don't have further info to offer.
Busy orthopedic unit
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 27, 2016
Under staffed, learned to work with the resources I had to make it through a busy 12 hour shift. Great co workers who were willing to put in the effort to finish a busy 12 hour shift.
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2016
Great experience learned a lot very happy to have had the opportunity to do an internship. It was a good experience for school nice people and an environment.
Swedish have awesome benefits for their employees
Hospital Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Swedish is a great Hospital to work and grow. I think they have the best health coverage than some of the leading Hospitals.
Pros
Good Medical coverage
Cons
less break
fast paced
CST (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2016
I like to stay busy. Its a great place to work. I work both in the main operating rooms and the GYN floor. I am working here through a contract position through Integrated healthcare staffing agency. I enjoy specializing in GYN and I have gotten great references from there and even got a thank you card for doing a great job with surgeons in the mainOR
Pros
paid weekly because contract
Cons
no free meals
Has it's pros and cons.
RN (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 16, 2016
I enjoy caring for the patients and my coworkers are the best of people. I personally do not have the desire to stay in medsurg nursing for the rest of my career regardless of what hospital.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short staff and low pay
Working with great people is a gift
lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WADecember 18, 2015
The hospital is big, with lots of employees but everyone seem to know you and say hello to you while passing by. I learned how to handle difficult patients, and how to be strong mentally while working under pressure. Management is very helpful and professional. Every one I work with at Swedish is great, their my second family. the hardest part to the job is taking blood from a very sick and dehydrated patients, but I love the challenge. I enjoy helping Doctors diagnose through lab work that I retain from a patient. I also get adrenaline rush when I respond to Emergency codes.
Pros
People make the job great
Cons
short breaks and no day shift available.
my review
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2016
great company, good workers. i enjoy my current position, just looking to see what other options i may have at any given time
Swedish - horrible management; no ability to balance home and work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, coApril 17, 2013
Management torments anyone who does not tow their line. The culture comes from the top and the CEO is out to get anyone who does not agree with her.
No ability to manage work life balance because as a manager/director you are expected to work over 10 hours a week at the hospital and work more at home in the evening.
Management never asked me about my family, barely knew I had a family.
Co-workers/directors were for most part good but everyone was just looking to stay out of trouble. Directors talked on a weekly basis wondering if they would be let go that week.
Very detrimental culture to work in.
Pros
other directors
Cons
management, no work life balance
Swedish,
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  seattle waJune 6, 2016
Swedish is a good company. I been here over 9yrs. I started with Swedish out in the emergency room was the. I was the go to girl who made sure everything need to be done.
Not a place that cares for the employee
transport (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 6, 2016
Management are all about themselves and do not care about you as an individual no matter how long you work here or how many hours you put in. Especially the Radiology department and director.Most workers are under a microscope and are written up for anything and everything. The enviornment is extremely stressful.
Pros
Cons
Manegement, especially leadership and non expierenced
Best team to be on!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 4, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my job! We have a great staff of doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, nursing assistants, cleaning crew, chefs and of course our management. We have grown exceedingly to high expectations of our clientele since my arrival. The management has made great choices on hiring staff that are great to work with. Staff has brought challenges forward to overcome as a team. Meet and surpass expectations on every level!
Pros
Going to work at Swedish Medical Center
Productive place in the mist of change. Collaborative environment filled with lots of talent. Values employees and all others. Embraces diversity.
System Director of CSSD & HLD Program (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2015
Productive place in the mist of change, Collaborative environment filled with lots of talent, Values employees and Embraces diversity.

A day at work was full of collaborative meetings to move the organization forward with best practices.
Pros
Productive place, in the mist of change, Collaborative environment, filled with lots of talent, Values employees, Embraces diversity.
Cons
Mist of change and change comes with resistance to change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Swedish Medical Center Reviews by Location