Swedish Medical Center

Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very organized and awesome people
Student (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 26, 2015
The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The way they the lead tech goes through all of the orders and gives them to the tech's is very organized. Everyone was really good at treating each other well. I was able to take x-rays with indirect supervision and without the tech's telling me how they would do it.
Great hospital to work for
Nuclear Medicine PET/CT Technologist (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 19, 2014
-Flexible hours
-Advancement possibilities are good if you are willing to put in the time and effort
Nice place to work
Secretary IV (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 21, 2014
I support of the Director of Education, eight Clinical Educators and the daily operations of the Clinical Education Department as well as all aspects of over 154 classes/courses daily, including annual. This includes class planning, building the course in the Healthcare Learning System (HLS)-HealthStream, all class registration and administrative support of the class daily schedule flow. I am one of the two HLS HealthStream Administrators for the facility and teach a “HealthSteam Administrator Overview” course quarterly. I am responsible for the department’s payroll processing using the KRONOS system. I also, support of the Licensed/Unlicensed new hire orientation. I maintain several data bases. Orientated department new hires on department attendance procedures and the use of applications used by the organization. (Please see attached resume for more detail)

Considering other job opportunities due to the possible decentralization of the Clinical Education Department and hoping to advance my career. My Director is aware I am considering other opportunities.
I enjoyed my work experience at Swedish
Patient Safety Attendant/ CNA (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 29, 2014
I loved being able to help people when they were sick. I learned how to take care of cancer patients.
Not a good atmosphere to grow in professionally
Float Pool RN (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 30, 2014
Pros: autonomy
The administration has cultivated an atmosphere of mistrust and frustration. Employee satisfaction rates are very low.
great people, great working team
Surgical technologist for level one trauma center (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 22, 2014
scrub all heart cases, rotated to other services when needed
It's been a great place for me and I have advanced as much as I could with my current qualifications.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule. salaried.
Cons: some days are very long.
A typical day working as a Case Manager on the Orthopedic Unit is very busy reviewing patients problem list, assessing their need for Home Health Care vs Rehab Center and making the necessary arrangements. Acting as a liaison between patients, families, staff, service providers and assessing if a Social Worker is needed.

I learned that lot's of communication is key.

Management is sensitive to you needs and request within their limits, they attempt to provide a place where you would want to work and work closely with you.

Constant interaction in an open area can be very distracting.

The people, patients, co-workers, doctors, product representatives.
Nice place to work
Secretary IV (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 22, 2014
My co-workers are very professional people whom I enjoy working with.
Productive and a fun work place
Laboratory Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 19, 2014
Management is very pleasant. My co workers are flexible and
easy to work with.
pharmacy
pharmacist (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2014
Good place to work. I'm always learning and enjoy my co-workers
NIce place to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great people
Constant work and great people to work with. This is where I learned most of my skills as a Ortho Surgical Technician. I had great teachers and the meals in the lunch room were great.
Dedicated Professional collegues and teamwork
Respiratory Therapist - RRT (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: professional dedicated coworkers
Cons: expensive health insurance, management
Fast-paced environment with great co-workers and team work.
Active place to work
MST (Current Employee), Englewood, CODecember 31, 2013
I work in Trauma at Swedish as an MST. I both work the floor and the desk as a unit secretary. I handle patients and family on a daily basis. My co-workers are some of the best people to work with always willing to help. My directors are very flexible and willing to work with you on school schedule as well as giving you the opportunity in advancement as a MST.
Worked on Orthopedic floor and Acute Rehab floor
Registered Nurse - Orthopedics (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 20, 2013
I work day shift, 7a-7:30 pm. I worked with surgical and non-surgical various orthopedic patients including the majority of patients were trauma patients.
I worked with CPM's, Constavac infusers, Wound vacs, external fixators, and traction.
The most enjoyable part of my job was experiencing the joy of when my patients were discharged and on the road to recovery and seeing them progress, knowing I assisted in getting them to that condition.
unhappy staff, mean spirited toward students learning the trade
Radiologic Technologist / Externship (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great doctors
Cons: discontented and overwhelmed workers
I was excited to start an externship rotation here, but was very surprised at how the staff conducted themselves. There was a lot of discontent among the workers and it permeated everything. I didn't learn as much here as I hoped. It seems this facility hires very young radiologist technologists who get the job done, but I think it would have made a difference had it been a mix of young and old. I'm not sure what the cure would be for the Imaging department, but it needs a dose of positive, uplifting energy whether that be in the form of better pay, or treatment; I don't know. I enjoyed the diverse patients and varied exams. Craig Hospital transporters (next door to Swedish) are the most awesome people you will ever meet in the medical field in Denver.
Internship/Hire
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 10, 2013
This was my first job in the medical field. I was hired right out of externship and loved every aspect of family practice. I am still i nregular communtcation with many of my former co workers and physicians.
Great experience working on the cardiac floor.
RN (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 12, 2013
Pros: management allowed me to work 8 hour shifts.
Cons: night shift.
Worked on the Telemetry Unit with a patient load of 7-9 patients. Responsibilities included EKG’s, starting IV’s, drawing blood, and patient prep for open-heart surgery. Also responsible for overflow of cancer patients with multiple psychosocial needs.
Worst Hospital I have ever worked for
Critical Care RN (Former Employee), ICUAugust 11, 2013
Treated RN's horribly. Worst hospital system ever. Would never work for an HCA hospital again.
A comprehensive stroke unit
Staff RN (Current Employee), Englewood, ColoradJuly 22, 2013
Pros: the team
Great team on Neuro unit, makes me love what I do. I have learned telemetry monitoring and NIHSS assessment. There is a great team environment here. The hardest part of the job is seeing what the effects of stroke can do to people. I enjoy pt education and learning about all the advancements in stroke care and prevention.
Draining and exhausting place.
Financial Area (Former Employee), Englwood, COApril 30, 2013
Pros: cafteria on site-very expensive though.
Cons: could not do lunch, breaks or anything without feeling guilt from higher management.
I worked within the HealthOne company for 9+ years and specifically at Swedish Medical in Englewood, CO for 6 years. I never felt so much relief and stress off my shoulders after walking away from the position I had. I was paid a fair amount, but I was salaried and when reviewing the number of hours, holidays and weekends I was having to put it....there is no way the pay match correctly. Management was always after the bottom dollar and really didn't care about the employee's that actually did the work.
Run the other way if you are every offered a job. It is not worth giving up your personal life to make them money.
Employees