Swedish Medical Center

Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

A day at work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), EnglewoodOctober 16, 2012
Pros: got 4 days off
Cons: 12 hour shifts were tough and the job was hard on the body
Go into work get report from the night techs about the patients we are taking care of that day, give baths, help them order breakfast, give them clean linen on their beds. Sit them up in a chair if possible. The evironment I worked around was cool and fun, lots of joking around. We worked together as a team for the most part and helped eachother out when needed. The part that made me feel I accomplished what I was supposed to that day was taking care of my patients and making them feel happy and joke with them and get to know their families as if they were mine. Work also would give me a reality check about life, that I didn't have it so bad afterall and that the little things that I complained about were nothing compared to what my patients were going through. Some of them will never walk again or talk again.
Busy, multi-faceted place to work
Pharmacist Specialist - IT (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits, free soda
Cons: heavy workload
Typical day consisted of taking care of issues and changes in the various pharmacy computer systems. Troubleshoot problems with pharmacy systems as well as nursing bedside point of care issues. Also act as a staff pharmacist when needed, performing clinical functions as well as order entry, checking medications before distribution. I have learned much through my 12 years at Swedish in regard to most aspects of pharmacy operations. Management and co-workers were good team players and worked together to accomplish necessary tasks. The hardest part of the job was finding time to complete all projects during periods of decreased staffing. The most enjoyable part was working with hospital staff outside of the department (nursing, respiratory therapy, IS, finance, and others.
Fast-paced and exciting environment with outstanding group of people
Sonography Intern (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 11, 2012
Swedish Ultrasound is a fun and special group to work with starting from the Supervisor. They perform Ultrasound exams on Outpatients, Inpatients, ER patients, and also Craig Hospital patients. The Craig patients are challenging because they were SPI and TBI which teaches you to be very creative in your scanning abilities. Majority of the exams are Abdominal, Renal, and Vascular studies with a mixture of Small Parts, Gynecological, OB, Neonatal, Transcranial Doppler, and Arterial. There are daily Ultrasound-guided procedures as well.
Pretty terrible job
ER Registrar (Current Employee), Englewood, COAugust 25, 2012
Understaffed for the position. Management did not do a great job running the team.
High Trauma - with high stress
Registrar (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 29, 2012
Pros: work four 10 hour shifts - off 3 days a week
Cons: no breaks, short lunches -
Ambulances arrivals seven days a week - and twenty four hours. We have anywhere from gun shot wounds, to stabbings, motor vehicle accidents to strokes, people die and are brought back to life all the time. I have learned to move quickly, and budget my time well. Prioritise people problems as to take care of the most serious first. The most difficult thing for me is to see families crying for their lost one - any many times I cry with them. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a baby born, and thereafter look me straight in the eyes - there is nothing better than that.
love volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 22, 2012
A tipical day volunteering at swedish is very busy from stocking the cleaning utility rooms to Mommy and me tea time there are always things to do. like making chart packets to making postpartum kits for the new moms. If all things are done there is even sometimes a baby that needs a little love in the Neonatal intensive care unit,
I loved my worked environment
Staff Nurse and Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Englewood, ColoradoJune 1, 2012
As part of the CCU staff and leadership, we enjoyed a collaborative spirit with our house staff and doctors. Autonomy was encouraged. This unit is very high acuity and multi-disciplined. You are challenged to better your skills and stay current with practice trends. 12 hour shifts from 3-3. Full time is 3x/week. Overtime available.
Great experience
Charge therapist, cross trained in ICU, ER & more (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 30, 2012
Pros: lots of challenges, great physicians, plenty of room for growth, never a dull moment, lots of overtime
Cons: lots of turnover, shift managers are not always qualified, heavy workloads.
A typical day involves creating assignments, helping staff complete their assignments, transports, bedside trachs, attending code blues and rapid responses. I learned I work well in stressful situations. They can't keep management help, and often times you find yourself in a position where someone with less training than yourself is running the shift. The hardest part was staffing and completing the heavy assignments. This is not a job for someone who wants to visit with the patients. The best part is working with outstanding physicians.
Very productive as far as the workers.
Phlebotomist/lab asst (Former Employee), Englewood COApril 27, 2012
Management was maybe the worst I have ever worked for. If the co-workers didnt stick together the way they did it would have been a total disaster. I loved the nurses and patients. Going to work was a joy until manab=gement had to help out with anything
Great Company
Nurse Aid (Former Employee), Englewood CoMarch 29, 2012
Patient care for quadriplegic and brain injuries, devised and implemented a new patient care schedule to prevent bedsores resulting in a 25% decreased length of stay, managed vitals of patients; blood pressure, temperature and oxygen levels, transporting in and out of wheelchair and throughout hospital , assisted nurses in basic patient care needs
I really liked working at Swedish.
R.N.-staff (Former Employee), Englewood, Co.February 3, 2012
Pros: liked the drs. and nurses there
Cons: distance from my home.
I was a house float, when I worked at Swedish. I met lots of very cool nurses. I also, have been a patient there, and was treated very well. I ended up transferring to Rose Hospital because it is closer to My home.

About Swedish Medical Center

About Swedish Medical Center Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, – Read more

Swedish Medical Center Salaries

$50,000 per year
Environmental Services
$14.00 per hour

Swedish Medical Center Photos

Find out more at http://swedish.jobs/