Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

frequent management changes, no opportunities for advancement; terrible problem solving abilities; lack of communication from management to employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WADecember 20, 2016
Constant changing of schedule regarding start times. Pressured into taking additional call. I learned some additional procedures. Co-workers constantly back stabbing and tattle tailing.
Pros
Insurance is good as is the pay
Cons
Poor management, high turnover, lack of communication from management and staff. Poor management support
Good, if you in the right group
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2016
There is a high level of turnover of managers and above. It could be a good place to work, but it depends on the stability and longevity of your one-up. For non-union positions, the job description constantly shifts, work hours vary widely, and work volume is high. Swedish is a large hospital system and shared some resources with Providence. Swedish goes through three year cycles of explosive growth followed by extensive layoffs.
Pros
good health care benefits, subsidized bus pass
Cons
"we've always done it this way" attitude
Co-workers
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 7, 2016
I loved working in the environment that i was in. I was very comfortable with all my staff members. We worked as a great team. I am very sad to say i am moving on from Swedish but if i wasnt moving out of state, i definitely can see myself staying with Swedish for many more years.
Pros
Hours available to work
Cons
Cutting shifts due to company budget
Swedish
Radiography Student (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 5, 2016
Enjoyed the work and the patients.
I liked the variety within the department.
I was a student, not an employee so I don't have further info to offer.
Decent Place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SeattleNovember 21, 2016
This is not a horrible company to work for. However, the benefits can be better. Also, paid time off can be better as well. All sick, vacation and holiday pay must come out of your own PTO bank.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Holiday Pay, Benefits are okay, Micromanagement
It is a nice place to work
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2016
I have learn somethings but I fell that I am not using all the skills that I have and I would like to make sure I'm suing the skills I have gained, I enjoy my coworker, everyone is pretty nice, but I need more of a job were I am interacting with patient and coworkers
Pros
good insurance
Cons
not very much advancement, job discription changes often, no one person to answer question about your job
Its a large, healthcare company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 3, 2016
Its a large, healthcare company, with a culture of promoting from within, sometimes things can be slow to get things done, which is often the case in similar organizations.
Great place to start in health care
New Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2016
I would not work from then again but grateful for my time. It was a good place to learn health care and to build the resume and then move onto a new company. The staff was over worked and underpaid
okay
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
okay experience. really hard to give this place a review because i worked for a smaller office in the swedish/ providence family. Depends where you're at with the company
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2016
Great experience learned a lot very happy to have had the opportunity to do an internship. It was a good experience for school nice people and an environment.
Central Services Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2016
I have worked at Swedish for almost 31 years and it has been rewarding experience. I enjoy the dedication of the hospital to patient care and experience. The people I work with are amazing
Great Director
Unit Scheduler, Nursing Resource Office (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2016
Great place to work some, had a great director and some co-workers where great. I think Swedish needs to work on their advancement for those who have the skills and drive to move up form the bottom.
Grateful to learn from the best!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2016
As a part of the Swedish Medical Center staff I felt that I had the opportunity, physical setup, and the support of management to do the best possible practices concerning nursing care for the hospitalized patient. The culture of care encouraged continual growth, respect for patient's individual needs, and distinguished Swedish Medical Center as a community cornerstone. I am grateful to have been a part of that team.
Pros
great team-building
Cons
no more home health department
Swedish have awesome benefits for their employees
Hospital Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Swedish is a great Hospital to work and grow. I think they have the best health coverage than some of the leading Hospitals.
Pros
Good Medical coverage
Cons
less break
steady environment, checking patients to there appointment and verifying there demographics
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2016
Check patients in, collect any co-pays they might have, or update demographics and new insurances.
I also ask for any balances patients might have. In my free time I scan forms in, fax, or make copies of forms.
Busy orthopedic unit
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 27, 2016
Under staffed, learned to work with the resources I had to make it through a busy 12 hour shift. Great co workers who were willing to put in the effort to finish a busy 12 hour shift.
Fun mixed with work
Vascular Access RN (Current Employee) –  Swedish Medical CenterAugust 18, 2016
I love my coworkers. We love our line of work. We would gladly remain there until retirement.

Read emails. Fill empty shifts over the four campuses of Swedish.

Work on Education projects.

Answer calls as they come in.

Charge RN, solving problems as they arise. Assisting others as needed.
Pros
The people
Cons
Budget problems
Dedicated to patient care and employee work/life balance
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2016
Co-workers were amazing. I enjoyed the patient access department and the overall culture. Work was easy going, the doctors were amazing and fun to work with.
Pros
Healthcare options
Cons
Parking is limited on First Hill
Pretty good place to work
Med/tele PRN (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2016
Pretty good place to work, we have good team work on our floor but I can't say the same for other floors I have floated to. Staffing can be an issue and then management tries to over fill our floor so each nurse has 6-7 patients.
Good Place to Work
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2016
SMC offer's competitive wages, & overall good benefit plan. The biggest drawback of working at SMC is the very high-cost of living in the greater-Seattle area. Housing prices in Seattle go up on a daily basis, this trend doesn't show any signs of ending soon. Seattle is simply growing way too fast, we're second only to Dubai in the number of immobile cranes on building sites.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
If you can find any housing, it will be expensive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval