Swedish Medical Center

Swedish Medical Center Employer Reviews

Nice place to work, very dynamic
Senior ERP Business Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: tons of new projects all the time
Cons: constant mergers can be unnerving
Really nice place to work. Open to new exciting ideas. Most employees are happy about working at this place. It is also the biggest hospital system in Seattle
Busy, multi-faceted place to work
Pharmacist Specialist - IT (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits, free soda
Cons: heavy workload
Typical day consisted of taking care of issues and changes in the various pharmacy computer systems. Troubleshoot problems with pharmacy systems as well as nursing bedside point of care issues. Also act as a staff pharmacist when needed, performing clinical functions as well as order entry, checking medications before distribution. I have learned much through my 12 years at Swedish in regard to most aspects of pharmacy operations. Management and co-workers were good team players and worked together to accomplish necessary tasks. The hardest part of the job was finding time to complete all projects during periods of decreased staffing. The most enjoyable part was working with hospital staff outside of the department (nursing, respiratory therapy, IS, finance, and others.
Fast-paced and exciting environment with outstanding group of people
Sonography Intern (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 11, 2012
Swedish Ultrasound is a fun and special group to work with starting from the Supervisor. They perform Ultrasound exams on Outpatients, Inpatients, ER patients, and also Craig Hospital patients. The Craig patients are challenging because they were SPI and TBI which teaches you to be very creative in your scanning abilities. Majority of the exams are Abdominal, Renal, and Vascular studies with a mixture of Small Parts, Gynecological, OB, Neonatal, Transcranial Doppler, and Arterial. There are daily Ultrasound-guided procedures as well.
Great Place to Work
Nutrition Assistant Services (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 2, 2012
Love the people that i worked with. It also was like a family working at Swedish. because if you had a problem with someone or something you could always count on the management team.
Long Time position
LEAD IMPLANT MATERIALS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2012
 Provide on-site Surgery Material Management for Cherry Hill Product Distribution Center (PDC).
 Ordering, monitoring, tracking, cycle counting inventory of supplies, implants, manufactured and human tissue, valued in excess of $16.5 million dollars.
 Pull and assemble patient charge supplies as requested for scheduled surgical cases.
 Print and review two-week surgery schedule for any conflicts with vendor provided product

 Account for patient charge inventory used during a surgical procedure, validating the usage in EPIC with the circulating nurse’s account.
 Send all validated charges to Finance for patient billing.
 Provide customer service for vendors.
 Account for all lot and serial number for human, bovine and porcine tissue in accordance with Joint Commission guidelines and complies with all other regulatory requirements.
Pretty terrible job
ER Registrar (Current Employee), Englewood, COAugust 25, 2012
Understaffed for the position. Management did not do a great job running the team.
enjoyable place to work but at times very stressful because of the work involved. Enjoyed learning new skills and working with staff.
Mamo/rad tech (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2012
Pros: good benefits, payed continued education. free lunches, gifts at christmas, hr lunch. execellent doctors management on site most of the time.
Cons: full schedule, sometimes no breaks.
A typical day at work was greeting doctors, management, co-workers and clients. Everyday was a learning experience. Communication was a big factor and also skills in positioning. Management could be very critical and challenging. Co-workers were professional and focused on doing a good job. The hardest part of the job was making a mistake that could effect the outcome of a patients exam. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. Most were friendly. Knowing that we played a role in keeping women healthy and well.
Excellent Patient Care
Senior Web Programmer (Former Employee), SeattleJune 30, 2012
Pros: subsidized transit orca cards
Cons: medicare payment cuts are affecting all hospital budgets
A day shift work week would cover Monday to Friday. On-Call 24x7 support is needed to support some healthcare applications.

To be successful, be open to support staff in areas of your expertise.

Management change occurs approximately every 5 years. Be open to new suggestions to meet their management style.

Co-workers are curtious and friendly. This makes the job interesting and enjoyable.
High Trauma - with high stress
Registrar (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 29, 2012
Pros: work four 10 hour shifts - off 3 days a week
Cons: no breaks, short lunches -
Ambulances arrivals seven days a week - and twenty four hours. We have anywhere from gun shot wounds, to stabbings, motor vehicle accidents to strokes, people die and are brought back to life all the time. I have learned to move quickly, and budget my time well. Prioritise people problems as to take care of the most serious first. The most difficult thing for me is to see families crying for their lost one - any many times I cry with them. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a baby born, and thereafter look me straight in the eyes - there is nothing better than that.
love volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee), Englewood, COJune 22, 2012
A tipical day volunteering at swedish is very busy from stocking the cleaning utility rooms to Mommy and me tea time there are always things to do. like making chart packets to making postpartum kits for the new moms. If all things are done there is even sometimes a baby that needs a little love in the Neonatal intensive care unit,
I enjoyed working for Swedish Medical Center and would encourage clinicians and support staff to consider them as an option.
Service Rep/Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 5, 2012
Swedish Mecial Center is currently the largest Health Care Provider in the state of Washington. Managers kept their staff informed of coming changes and needs. The senior staff were helpfull in presenting their information clearly and still find humor to get through a tough task.
I loved my worked environment
Staff Nurse and Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Englewood, ColoradoJune 1, 2012
As part of the CCU staff and leadership, we enjoyed a collaborative spirit with our house staff and doctors. Autonomy was encouraged. This unit is very high acuity and multi-disciplined. You are challenged to better your skills and stay current with practice trends. 12 hour shifts from 3-3. Full time is 3x/week. Overtime available.
Great experience
Charge therapist, cross trained in ICU, ER & more (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 30, 2012
Pros: lots of challenges, great physicians, plenty of room for growth, never a dull moment, lots of overtime
Cons: lots of turnover, shift managers are not always qualified, heavy workloads.
A typical day involves creating assignments, helping staff complete their assignments, transports, bedside trachs, attending code blues and rapid responses. I learned I work well in stressful situations. They can't keep management help, and often times you find yourself in a position where someone with less training than yourself is running the shift. The hardest part was staffing and completing the heavy assignments. This is not a job for someone who wants to visit with the patients. The best part is working with outstanding physicians.
Very productive as far as the workers.
Phlebotomist/lab asst (Former Employee), Englewood COApril 27, 2012
Management was maybe the worst I have ever worked for. If the co-workers didnt stick together the way they did it would have been a total disaster. I loved the nurses and patients. Going to work was a joy until manab=gement had to help out with anything
Its a good place to work for.
Materials Management (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 14, 2012
It is normally busy for me everyday, because i always do more than what i can do.
I have learned alot working at Swedish.
I have no problem with my co-workers i get along with all of them.
The hardest part is when we are short of people because someone called in sick, but we still try to manage the work and cover everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is we all get along and we all help each other when someone is behind with their assignment.
Great Company
Nurse Aid (Former Employee), Englewood CoMarch 29, 2012
Patient care for quadriplegic and brain injuries, devised and implemented a new patient care schedule to prevent bedsores resulting in a 25% decreased length of stay, managed vitals of patients; blood pressure, temperature and oxygen levels, transporting in and out of wheelchair and throughout hospital , assisted nurses in basic patient care needs
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: very inexpensive orca passes, good wages
Cons: extremely expensive parking
I love working at Swedish Medical Center, but Providence Hospital has become affliliated with Swedish and HR will be moving to Renton, WA. I would like to find something closer.
Great people to work with and fantastic benefits.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2012
My team was amazing to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Swedish.
A very nice work enviroment.
Material Distribution, and Facility Manager (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMarch 21, 2012
Swedish is a great company to work for! Managment is very helpful to you whenever you have questions about anything. The Issaquah facility where I currently work is a wonderful pace to be empolyed. The culture of Swedish is a great one, it's about helping out your fellow team mate. Since I started working for Swedish it has been such a time. It is really importatnt to like where you work, it reflects on your own work, and I think that means a lot. Starting at support services all the way to Adminstration. When you work hard and your friendly swedish really takes notice and you'll hear about witch makes you feel special. Since I like where I work it makes it fun to show up everyday and do my best!
Became knowlegable of sterile technique, taking cultures, to maintain a sterile field. Learning about bone marrow transplants and other diseases.
Certified Laminar Air Flow Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2012
Pros: support from the medical staff.
Cons: patients that fought so hard and didn't make it.
Gave me an opportunity to grow and become more knowlegeable,of patients,that have to endure,so much, through their healing process.

About Swedish Medical Center

About Swedish Medical Center Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, – Read more

Swedish Medical Center Photos