Swedish Medical Group Employee Reviews

Daily review
Lead Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 1, 2017
I started as a Patient Care Coordinator for the medial director. I was shortly promoted to Lead Patient Care Coordinator. I was in charge of reviewing resumes, interviewing and hiring of new staff. In charge of training all new staff. Re-vaping any procedures and protocols that were not working. Held month staff meetings and relayed information to upper management. All the while still performing all the duties of a Patient Care Coordinator involving checking in patients, prior authorizing procedures, collecting co-pays, reviewing statements and collecting payments, reviewing after visit summery's with patient's, schedule their upcoming appointments. My provider, the Medical Director was the 1 of 4 providers in WA that offered Hormone Replacement Therapy. Assisted patients in the understanding of this therapy and scheduling specialized follow-up appointments and lab work. Answered a multi-line phone system.

Detailed job duties on resume.
Pros
Room for growth within the company
Cons
Multiple Management turn over/I worked a lot of hours due to work load
Na
Financial Service Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2017
Nice place to work the team I worked with was awesome, we really were a team and backed each other up.

Supervisor was very down to earth understood the job and was very helpful.
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2017
Typical day starts with preping schedule and assuring exam rooms ar stocked and clean. Communicating with care teams about patients and providers schedule. Communication is very well. Staff and patients are very friendly. Hardest part of the job would be communication barrier between patients high demand of non english speaking patients.
great fast paced family practice clinic that has fun atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2017
Fun atmosphere and hard working group in a neighborhood clinic. Diverse and loyal patient population from toddlers to centenarians. Excellent location in Roosevelt neighborhood.
Swedish
OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2017
I Loved working here. I still miss the people, the work and the supervisors. I wish I could work remotely. Taught me so much and the people there truly want you to succeed.
Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2017
Swedish is a wonderful place to work. I have true respect for my administration, my colleagues and for the team I support. I have had the opportunity to support numerous clinics over time, both primary care and specialty, and have benefitted from the experience.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Faced Paced
Insurance Follow Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2017
This was a fast paced company to work for. But their was not enough staff for the work load we had. Not enough work/Life balance with this company.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough staff for the work loads assigned
An excellent team to work with and obtain knowledge in other medical specialties
Coding Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 7, 2017
I am a medical surgical coder that audits medical physicians on a daily basis. I review the surgery or procedure that has been performed by the provider for accuracy on the charges that are listed for billing.
The day can be a light overwhelming at times, but I continue to prioritize my day and pay close attention to detail.
Pros
excellent team
Cons
you have to love to read
Fast paced client centered work place
Seattle - Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2017
Swedish is an awesome place to work great benefits package however job titles and duties more often the not are not clearly defined leading to confusing and frustration amongst cohorts.
Benefits
Cons
Unable to follow break guidelines due to clinic flow
Typical work day
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2017
During my typical workday, I am responsible for working charge review claims and claim edits, provide billing to support to staff and Physicians. Contact patients of their questions about billing and keep in touch with patients with progress of their concerns and make sure they are satisfied with billing service.
In the beginiing it was a fantastic opportunity.
Coding Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2016
The compensation and growth opportunities are not readily available. The company does not support employees when there are difficult decisions to be made.
medical group
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2016
I wasn't really an employee for Swedish. I was under an agency for behavior heath department.

woking with staff was great! enjoyed laugh and the help from certain employees when I need help with assessments
Pros
breaks
Cons
chairs
My experience working at Swedish
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sammamish, WADecember 28, 2015
It is a place where extremely high quality of customer service is required. High volume of phone calls and big amount of patients who need to be seen here is expected everyday.
Great Company
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2015
Great company to work for, just looking to further my skills. They don't always pay as highly as they should for the amount of work and stress you have to deal with
wonderful people
Executive Assistant / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2015
I've work with Swedish for 17 years or more now. They have been wonderful. I left for a few years but came back. They're a wonderful organization.
Pros
Amazing environment
Cons
to far from home
Busy outpatient cardiology clinic
Outpatient Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle WaOctober 7, 2015
Swedish Medical Group is a great place to work if you are looking for regular hours and a more relaxed atmosphere than acute care nursing.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
stressful
Medical Assistant Float (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2015
In the beginning it was amazing! Once we learned our supervisor was leaving it has all been downhill. No communication and no sense of importance.
Pros
Float Premium pay, paid milege
Cons
unfriendly clinics
Experience of a Lifetime.
Senior Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work was me being the first person to arrive in the clinic to open up. I performed cleaning duties before it was time to unlock the doors, I set up the EMR system, EPIC, and checked for any emails. When the first Patient arrived, I would kindly greet them, check them into the clinic, and depending on if they were a New Patient, I would update their Epic file and enter in all of their information. I would scan Personal Identification cards and Insurance cards and verify insurance. I would also scan in Registration Forms when they have completed it. If Patients brought in Imaging from an outside source and not entered in the PACS system, I would manually upload their images and have them pushed to PACS so that the Provider can view the images prior to the Appointment. I would collect Patient Co-Pays and Balances prior to the Appointment as well. By the end of the day, I would clean and tidy up the office and shut down everything. I would lock the doors and head to Payroll Administrators to turn in any Co-Pays and Balances I have collected throughout the day and clock out.

Overall, I've learned that if the Patient is happy, then you are happy. Nothing is more important in Healthcare than satisfying your Patients. They are the #1 reason why we are here. I've learned to treat every Patient as if they were our only Patient. I value Patients dearly and they are truly what make the job so much better.
Pros
Gained experience working in a bigger Healthcare establishment.
Cons
I didn't get the back office experience I really wanted.
Large family clinic with great providers to work with:
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAAugust 8, 2015
Typical day consists of registering patients, answering incoming calls, responding to in-office Lync system messages and assisting patients, RN's, MD and/or MA's with anything they may need help with.

I've learned a great deal about medical insurances, as well as, different protocols and policies for my clinic and Swedish as a whole.

Management is great, very personable and friendly to approach.
Pros
Free lunch when you work on Saturdays
Cons
Communication
Did medical follow up
Insurance Follow Up Rep II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 29, 2015
Wish they had better medical benefits. Boss is really nice, but wish management was better and we were all treated equally. Your vacation and sick pay are in the same bank together and you have to use your own PTO for holidays, the company does not give you paid hollidays.