Swedish Medical Group

Swedish Medical Group Employer Reviews

Aetna
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), SeattleMay 6, 2014
Economic issues company laid me off after 11 years of service.
Great Place to work. Wonderful Culture
Quality and Value Workflow Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 1, 2014
Pros: culture, benefits
There is no typical day at Swedish. Every day is a new adventure so be flexible and ready to learn. Management empowers you to make your own decision and supports you throughout the process.
learned so much, it was amazing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAApril 16, 2014
fast paced, the learning potential is never ending, the providers are wonderful and the staff has a good sense of humor for the most part

the pay was low
some of the managers talk down to staff
Overall, a good place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 25, 2014
If you want to get ahead here, you need to take charge and go after what you want, management doesn't give many handouts. Some nepotism and culture issues, perhaps not unlike most large companies. Would work here again.
No job security
Patient Accounts Rep II (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: transportation subsidies
Cons: too many to name
Swedish was a good place to work in the beginning and it has gone down hill. They micro manage and do not appreciate hard working staff. To them everyone is replaceable. They took away all perks and flex time. They don't protect their employees. Their health coverage has become worse.
It's been a great place to learn new information and experience but there is no potential for growth.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: gained medical knowledge
Cons: never enough staff and no potential time frame for career growth.
I have learned many new skills in the medical industry as well as gaining business opportunities with ordering forms and brochures and other items needed to maintain a healthy work environment. I have also learned billing and insurance techniques that are another valuable asset. I enjoy my co-workers and work well as a team player.
Company Discriminates / Fires Long Term To Pay Less
Insurance Rep II (former employee on FMLA) (Former Employee), Downtown Seattle business officeJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: wage ok
Cons: family of manager gets promoted over others, discrimination against you if you're ill on fmla
Merger with Providence has killed what was once a decent company. I worked there almost 11 years and saw it take an abrupt nose dive following this merger. Eight (or so) employees in a row at the end of 2013 who all just happened to be on FMLA were fired for vague reasons like "you're not a good fit." I suffered from an illness (partly caused by this – more... job) i was on FMLA for and was fired (after being reprimmanded) for suffering symptoms of that illness i could not always control with meds(twice) at work. In addition to this it seemed before i left that the old hands were very steadily losing their jobs and being replaced by temps or minorities.

I have to wonder if the new parent company Providence just doesn't pay as well so they're getting rid of the higher paid employees. That is how it seems.

The morale in the office was at an all time low before i left. No one on my team liked working there and rhis kind of talk was common at work, especially after meetings. The new manager told me a week before i lost my job that i was "a long way away from THAT" so i do not believe the new management is honest. As for the new supervisor they brought in...i am not the only one she reduced to tears within her first few weeks being there.

High stress...big brother is watching environment. I would never recommend working there to anyone. – less
Great place to work - no job security
Senior Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 14, 2014
• Greets and checks-in patients and visitors in a friendly, courteous manner in person and/or on the phone
• Collects, verifies and enters accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member
• Ensures management of patient charts
• Performs screening function with patients to determine appropriate staff/departments to best meet – more... patient needs and refer appropriately
• Oversees the processing of all clerical records and information for clinic patients
• Provides information to patients regarding financial policies, registration requirements, etc.
• Collects co-payments and balances due from patients
• Ensures that patient needs are met while in the clinic to include transportation as necessary, interpreters, and scheduling of appointments – less
Family and great patient care
Patient Care Coordinator/Bookkeeping (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: excellent patient care
Cons: no growth
Start my typical bright and early with great patients. I 've learned alot with diversity with Swedish and my co-workers are amazing and team players. The hardest part about my job is trying to make everyone happy even when you try. I love the patient interaction and meeting all types of people.
fun and exciting place to work energetic people verry pleasent work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 5, 2013
Pros: co workers were all ready to help each other
worked for Swedish medical group for8 years. and I truly have nothing bad to say about the company as a whole.
Great place to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 21, 2013
Swedish was a great place to work for. The members of all the teams worked very closely with each other which made each day enjoyable.
not a fun work place
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2013
company is going down. laid offs and firing people replacing them with temps
My motto is, "Whenever possible, do it right the first time."
Financial Service Rep (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 30, 2013
Pros: good pay with good benefits
Cons: looking to learn new skills and possibly advance to leadership role.
A typical day at work involves a significant amount of multitasking in order to complete tasks and meet goals while managing questions and concerns from co-workers, clinic representatives, and patients. I am constantly re-evaluating my processes to ensure my work is being done as efficiently and effectively as possible. Organization is key to making – more... sure nothing slips through the cracks. I love the challenge of accomplishing my goals, but I'd say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm helping to make the medical billing processes as easy as possible for our patients. – less
IT WAS AN OKAY PLACE
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), SEATTLE, WAMay 14, 2013
IT WAS A BUSY PLACE TO WORK, THE PEOPLE WERE FRIENDLY AND THE SUPERVISOR WAS OKAY. THIS COMPANY IS NOW FOLLOWING OTHER COMPANIES AS FAR AS COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Challenging Job
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 16, 2012
Pros: wonderful office environment
Cons: budget cuts, unable to incentivise employees
Every day brings its own challenges and that's what makes each job a challenging place to be....
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2012
Pros: 15 minutes breaks morning and afternoon
Cons: lunch time 30 minutes break to short
I have had the great luck of being part ot this Institution for three years. Throughout these years I've learned a lot and love my job. I had Supervisor that were highly quelified professionals and respected in their field. As a team we were taught to share an live as a family and then show that same solidarity and responsability in our daily work, – more... especially with patients. – less