Sweetbay Supermarket Employee Reviews

Great job for managing skills and learning inventory
Seafood Assistant Manager and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLNovember 28, 2017
Was a good job while I was in college. I learned some great skills and met some life long clients while earning my associates degree. Managing a seafood chain in the store and processing inventory were some very good working skills necessary in the workforce today. Unfortunately the hours did not match up with the income I wanted to receive so I left before joining the army.
Great upper managment
Liquor Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 14, 2017
Unfortunately, Sweetbay Supermarket is currently out of business. Had great benefits and a great store manager my last year there. I miss the people and benefits.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
Fun too bad no longer there it was a nice place to work .management treated you like family and everyone got along working hours were flexible worked
Sweetbay Deli
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
My boss was very unfriendly, but the people I worked with and customers were fantastic people. I learned a lot about the way of Sweetbay due to all of my co workers and I had a good time working with them. But Sweetbay closed down and I no longer work there.
Pros
People were nice
Cons
Boss was terrible and so was management
overall ok
Costumer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linebaugh Avenue Estates, FLAugust 30, 2017
very busy you have to mulitask depending on what department you are working in . its really fast pacethe managers are interested in RPMS witch is how fast the cashier can scan you groceries my location was the fastes I loved it my stress actualy started when I was put in customer service with closing the office and then opening the office . I would never have enough sleep .that's the only thing I can complain about .
Pros
great customers
Cons
pay not great
Like my job
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2017
This was a fun place to work, the company went out off bussiness,
I really liked my supervisor, This work place was a good place to work. I motivated me to go to school after they closed,
Pros
Fun
Cons
Annoyed
Sweetbay supermarket was amazing!
Sales Associate/Liquor Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2017
I worked for Sweetbay before BiLo bought them out and converted it to Winn-Dixie. I was there for the conversion process. Sweetbay had exceptional customer service, we were able to serve customers and upsell in our unique way. Over time we were able to develop relationships with our customers as they soon became regulars.
Pros
Amazing culture, amazing bosses, fun job
Cons
BiLo ruined the culture by converting it to Winn-Dixie
not productive
Front End Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLJuly 9, 2017
over worked, under paid, horrible benefits, and people who just dont care at all. in sweetbays mind your just a number and you mean nothing i am glad i left when i did
Enjoyed working with them
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasco, FLMay 26, 2017
Miss doing that job. You meet all different kinds of people. Customer service was very good. Management was very good to work for. Workplace culture was pleasant.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 23, 2017
Sweetbay gave me, as a 17 year old high school student, a much needed first job that would allow a flexible schedule around my studies. This was a great first job starting on my career path.
Poor management
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Suncoast Estates, FLMay 23, 2017
Just a very poorly managed super market which is probably why they were put out of business, Publix is a much better store I hear great things about their employees
Pros
Working at this supermarket requires much energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLMay 15, 2017
I learned a lot about customer service during my time working here. I don't think the employees are paid enough for what they have to deal with on a daily basis. In a supermarket you must deal with produce and MUST be able to work holidays, therefore it is not for everyone.
Cons
Short breaks
I quite enjoyed working here.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLApril 18, 2017
I started out as part time and when I was able to get a full 40 hours, I loved it. It kept me busy and I got to meet new people all day everyday. The hours weren't bad at all, and the pay was ok for me to start off with.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday, fast paced and it always kept me busy.
Cons
As I was part time, I had no benefits.
very productive
customer service leader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 3, 2017
this was my first on the books job kept me out of trouble when i was in school and also allowed me to do things that i wanted to helped me when i found out i was going to have a baby and the managment at the time was great
Store closed
Customer Service Lead/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2017
The company was a very good company to work for, but they were bought out by Winn Dixie 3 or 4 years ago so there really isn't anything to review about it.
Lively, cooperative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day consists of dealing with a wide spectrum of customers. I learned patience while acquiring interpersonal and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the more belligerent customers, while the most rewarding part is seeing regulars whose lives you can truly make a difference in with just groceries.
Has been taken over by Bi Lo (renamed Winn Dixie)
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Odessa, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I had a ton of opportunities to interact with customers and learn how to find and fulfill customer needs. The work environment was fast paced and engaging.
great
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 21, 2017
great place to work and the people ar wonderful and always in a great mood. Retirement is outstanding and so is the benefits
how I like working for Sweetbay
Bakery/Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2016
I love working for Sweetbay because of the customers that came into the store. My employees were also amazing. I love that job. I love baking and cooking
Pros
I love my job
Cons
I hate that it closed
Lots of job incentive. Management very helpful and positive. Job culture was very positive.
Department manager HBA/ Gen. mgr (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 13, 2016
Great company. Started out as Kash n' Karry. Then we went through a brand change and became Sweetbay Supermarkets. Lots of hard work and results were positive.
Pros
Great store management, great associates, great customers.
Cons
It seemed like the Home office was having problems and it trickled down to the employees.