Sweetbay Supermarket Employee Reviews

Store closed
Customer Service Lead/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2017
The company was a very good company to work for, but they were bought out by Winn Dixie 3 or 4 years ago so there really isn't anything to review about it.
Lively, cooperative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day consists of dealing with a wide spectrum of customers. I learned patience while acquiring interpersonal and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the more belligerent customers, while the most rewarding part is seeing regulars whose lives you can truly make a difference in with just groceries.
great
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 21, 2017
great place to work and the people ar wonderful and always in a great mood. Retirement is outstanding and so is the benefits
how I like working for Sweetbay
Bakery/Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2016
I love working for Sweetbay because of the customers that came into the store. My employees were also amazing. I love that job. I love baking and cooking
Pros
I love my job
Cons
I hate that it closed
Lots of job incentive. Management very helpful and positive. Job culture was very positive.
Department manager HBA/ Gen. mgr (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 13, 2016
Great company. Started out as Kash n' Karry. Then we went through a brand change and became Sweetbay Supermarkets. Lots of hard work and results were positive.
Pros
Great store management, great associates, great customers.
Cons
It seemed like the Home office was having problems and it trickled down to the employees.
Very clean and orderly compared to other places I've worked.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Very clean and orderly compared to other places I've worked. The management was much more professional and discrete. Always a fast-paced environment and generally friendly.
Too bad he company got bought out
Loss Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 5, 2016
Company was bought out and the department I worked for was not included in the new company's plans. One of the best jobs I have ever had only down side was the pay for the area did not match.
Fast-paced with great management
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kenneth City, FLJune 13, 2016
Started working as a baggier in the front end and then jumped around working as a cashier and in the stockroom. I learning a lot about the business and how it was being ran. got to meet great people while working their.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Bought out by Bi-lo
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 30, 2016
• Assisted customers with questions, concerns and refunds.
• Bank management, supervised cashiers.
Great job! Learned art of customer service.
Awesome 1st job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLMay 30, 2016
the people here were great. I was about 19 when I started and most of the employees were around my age. Management showed that they really cared about our well being. There just wasn't enough money.
Reliable crew and a flexible schedule.
Front End Crew (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLMay 8, 2016
Depending on what my shift is, I will either bag Groceries for all my shift, or my closing duties (Stock Shelves, take out Trash, bring in Carts and occasionally bag). When I close, I check in with the Closing Manager to confirm my work is done and when my Boss has nothing else for me to do, I go home.

I learned the method for stocking shelves (earliest dates in the back etc...)

My managers were fine. When I had a second job every now and then, they scheduled my shifts around them.

My Coworkers were on the ball. If my workload was too big, some guys would cover me if they had the time.

The hardest part of my job would be if I had too many duties to cover within a short shift.

My favorite part of the job was getting the closing shift. The management thought I did a good job closing and I like my closing routine.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours.
Basic work
Associate (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 10, 2016
I worked for Sweetbay for 3 years as my first job I learned basic store and warehouse experience. I had good co-workers and a easy going job at this company.
Pros
Busy store
Cons
Good first job
My first job
o Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2016
I started working for this company my senior year in high school until the very day it was shut down my corporate. There were many store closings across the business for the company. I started as a cashier and was then trained and moved into the service desk where I was an assistant bookkeeper. When the store was shut down and all were laid off I was immediately hired by Publix straight into their Service Desk. After a year or two it just became old and I wanted a change of pace, I stepped down from customer service and I now am a cashier at Publix.

Work life at Sweetbay is filled with memories and experience I cherish on a daily.
Pros
coworkers, customers, experience gained
Cons
having it shut down
Good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 7, 2015
The days were long and tiring. I learned how to act here actually; with friends I'm sarcastic and sassy, but when interacting with strangers now I'm the most polite person they've ever met. The management was nice but I think one of my shift managers had a grudge against me. My co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job is the emotional toll from having to force being friendly with even the rudest customers, while the most enjoyable part of the job were the few friends I made there.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Random ("flexible") hours
Simple job
Bakery associate (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 12, 2015
Very easy job, because there were barely any customers.

Packaged and labeled bread, fried food in deep frying, unloaded truck, helped customers.

Management cared for their employees is what it looked like.

Coworkers were ok, we got along to an extent.

Hardest part of the job was unloading the truck.
Office Assistant/Service Leader
Service Leader / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 15, 2015
change orders, bookkeeping, western union, deposits, lotto, cashiering, counting tills, making tills, setting up breaks, and assisting customers over the phone.
Not in business anymore
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2015
The Tampa location I worked at treated me really well. Gave me the developmental skills I needed to fulfill my duties as an associate. I transferred to Sarasota and the management team was less than accommodating.
what I've learned
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 30, 2015
What I learned working at Sweetbay Supermarket were customer service skills. These skills built the basis for my work ethic. A customer can come in and completely change your day, however you have to cheerfully move on to the next customers concern. and During my time there, I was able to progress through the company. I Started as a bagger, and was given a nod towards a managerial position when I left for the military.
Easy Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2015
This place is a great place to work if you are in college. They have flexible hours and a great management team. Not a long term position
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
summary
Deli Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2015
we had a lot off fun while enjoying work. it was always a happy atmosphere. the customers were like family. mostly everyone got alone.
Pros
happy days
Cons
no full time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sweetbay Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.

Sweetbay Supermarket Reviews by Location