Sweetbay Supermarket

Sweetbay Supermarket United States Employee Reviews

ver y good company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2015
it was my duty to check customers out of the store and make sure they had a great shopping experience.although we were bought out by bi-lo and plenty of people lost their jobs
workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: a lot of up, great hours and great people
Cons: benefits, pay
average day,i've learned alot in the past 5 years,management was good, got along with my co-workers, i didn't really have a toughest day except for when we had no power, everything was enjoyable, would still be there if i didn't decide to move
Excellent Experience in Retail Business
Evening Sales Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Apollo Beach, FLOctober 20, 2014
Operational duties included the overall Floor Management Production of manufacturing security closures, staff scheduling, employee training, inventory control, warehousing and shipping.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate-Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Clean, productive work environment with many perks and very motivational staff with friendly employees.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FloridaOctober 3, 2014
Sweetbay was a great learning experience for me. With my position dealing with customer service, I was able to expand my communication skills and defuse situations in the workplace. The hardest part of this job was closing up the store and maintaining the safe money in a timely and effective manner. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to communicate with customers and staff in a friendly, productive way.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working for Sweetbay. The different types of clientele were always a way to make the day go by.
CSM
Customer Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee), New Port RicheySeptember 18, 2014
I held many positions within Sweetbay. I started as a cashier then moved up to the office. From there I became a bookkeeper, liquor manager and then a Customer Service Manager.
Ok place to work even though I got release when I was 6 months pregnant.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2014
If you are trying to support a family on this income it will be extremely hard based on the time and scheduleing.
It's Winn DIxie now
Cahier/Kiosk Attendant (Former Employee), Riverview, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Relaxed environment with great co-workers and management. helped me improve customer service skills.
No longer open for business
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no job security
Sweetbay, formerly known as Kash N Karry, was a great place to work. I worked there from 2000 to present, as it was bought twice during my career there.
NA
service clerk (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FlJuly 26, 2014
It was boring.

I am not going to be a bag boy again, i can do other jobs that would be appealing.
i loved this job
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2014
Sweet bay was a great job.you always had a great day and it was always nice and clean.
Productive and interesting place to work.
Baker (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLJuly 2, 2014
I would bake, package, and label cookies and bread to be sold to the populace. Clean the work area and floors at the end of the day. Slice deli meat and cheese to be used for sandwiches and to be sold to customers. Cleaned and sharpen the slicers. Unload the delivery trucks and organize the fridge.

I learned that in a supermarket setting, the bakery does not do any actual baking. They get pretty much everything frozen. When things don't sell, they donate it.

Management was very helpful and kind. They treated everyone with respect.

My co-workers were very nice as well. Some of us hung out only for a little bit outside of work. We got along surprisingly well.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the very troublesome customers.

The most enjoyable part was the people who had a very good sense of humor and actually brightened up my day.
Provided customers service at the customer service counter, such as lotto, western union, money orders etc.
Bookeeping asst (Former Employee), South pasedena, FlJune 27, 2014
Working at the customer service counter I also would make deposits at the end of the day, count out cashiers tills, balance the safe and scratch off tickets.
grocery associate
grocery associate (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLMay 20, 2014
was hired to work in natures place...an area of passion I have for natural and organic food. I worked in HBA and ran a register when things got real busy in the store. was cross trained in produce and in wrapping meat.
Terrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLMay 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Standing on your feet all day, short breaks, bad management, rude customers.
First Job
Cashier/Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: layed off
I worked for Sweetbay Supermarkets from August of 2010 to February of 2013 where i was layed off.
Busy
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 22, 2014
Sweetbay was my very first job. I worked there 6 years and within the six years I seen a lot of face. I also got to know a lot of those faces. Great place to work if you love fast paced customer service jobs. Don't mess up though, they typically let you go after the first mess up.
Great job
Stocker (Former Employee), Plant City, FLMarch 14, 2014
Pros: friendly costumers
Cons: felt kind of picked on for the un-liked duties.
Was my first job and i liked it for the most part. except for the fact that they always sent the black kid with dreads out to get the buggies.
Good job, poor career
Stock Crew Leader (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Good company.Hard to move up in the company. Mediocre benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sweetbay Supermarket

Sweetbay Supermarket is searching for the sweet spot in the Florida grocery market. Number three in the market (behind market – Read more

Sweetbay Supermarket Salaries