Sweetbay Supermarket

Sweetbay Supermarket Employer Reviews

A positive environment, a store that strive hard to excel in customer satisfaction
Produce Associate / Customer Service (Current Employee), Valrico, FLNovember 7, 2013
I was an associate in the produce department who is in charge of receiving deliveries and stocking into their designated shelves. On busy days, I helped the cashiers bag groceries and stock the freezer. I get along well with everyone I work with and vice versa. I enjoyed helping customers. The hardest part of the job is missing dinner with family on – more... holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas and having very little pay and no room for advancement. However, the company was very accommodating with my schedule when I was attending school and that helped a lot. – less
A great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Venice, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
I really loved working at my store, we had great customers and the employees and managers got along well. This job taught me a lot about retail, and how to interact with customers in a positive way.
Sweetbay has been a very good company to work for.
District Manager (Current Employee), Venice , Fort Myers, Naples FLOctober 30, 2013
Sweetbay has been a very good company to work for, however, Sweetbay is current under a purchase agreement by Bi-Lo Holdings and will soon be retired as a DG Banner.
It's a Job
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 25, 2013
If you need a job, they are always hiring, it's quick money and you get paid every week, but the company was just bought by bi-lo so they will become Winn-Dixie sometime between January and March 2014.
A/C & REFRIGERATION TECH
Stocker (Former Employee), Riverview, FLSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
 AUTOMATION OF COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION EQUIPMENT. Introduction / Installation manually controlled cooling, cooling installation thermostatic expansion valve and air cooled condenser / cooling installation oil separator and heat exchanger.
Complete refrigeration cold room temperatures above freezing / cooling installation centralized cold storage temperatures – more... above freezing / cooling installation showcase presentation of frozen products.
 TROUBLE SHOOTING. Introduction / Diagnosis of the refrigerant / coolant leak location / replacement and / or removal of coolant / pressure temperature table / Electrical testing / repair diagram. – less
Fun place to work at.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Ft. Myers FLSeptember 18, 2013
Fast paced environment where you have to be able to quickly adapt to the different needs of customers. Management is involved and maintains an upbeat and fun work environment.
Good Place to work,
Store Manager (Current Employee), The Villages, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good benefits,401k plan for FT ,Great co-workers,can be long days for managers, after all it is retail!!
Liqour Manager
Liquor Manager (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLAugust 18, 2013
I enjoyed my time with Sweetbay. They gave me a chance to succeed. I trained the associates in the liquor store to provide excellent customer service and maintain store conditions.
An interesting experience that I have enjoyed.
Marketing (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2013
Sweetbay has a good culture that is supportive. Sweetbay has recently been sold. The employees are currently waiting to see if they will be employed by the new company so things are a bit tense.
Fun place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: meeting new culture people
Cons: dealing with alot of unhappy customers no matter what you do to make sure they leave happy
Its a wonderful place, calming and the work day wasn't over run or stressful, Meeting alot of new people and knowing and learning different things each day was an enjoyable experiemence
Retail day in the life.
CSM (Former Employee), Citrus CountyAugust 12, 2013
Pros: learning from other associates
Cons: job security
Was always interesting never knew what you'd be walking into for a day of work. I learned communication is the most important thing in any job if you want it to be successful. Co-workers were more like a friend or family always tried to help them with any problems they may have had work wise. The part I enjoyed the most was helping other associates – more... or customers with anything and finding solutions. – less
Fun workplace and very fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJuly 25, 2013
I would decorate cakes and cupcakes, slice meats and cheeses, helped make sandwiches and salads, baked, pastries and sweets, and help the costumers with their order. The managers and co-workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them
Not the best environment
Office associate (Former Employee), Venice, FLJuly 22, 2013
Everyone was friendly but the managers showed heavy favoritism. Requests off were never guaranteed no matter how early it was requested. I requested off my birthday six months in advance and still didn't get the day off. My raise for getting promoted to the office was sixteen cents. Hands down, Publix is better.
Great.... Just great
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 17, 2013
This was a great job. Loved the management, the environment, the co workers. The chances for advancement was great. Moved up within a year. Wish the pay was better
Easy work, not-so-good pay.
Multiple hats. (Former Employee), Largo, FLJune 20, 2013
This job, for me, was simple enough most of the time. I enjoyed the multiple hats I chose to wear, so to speak. My experience was that for the most part, the managers with whom I worked were friendly and genuinely concerned about the wellbeing of their coworkers.

However, don't work here if you're expecting competitive pay or anywhere near full-time – more... employment. – less
It's a job. Nice people.
Center Store Clerk (Current Employee), Lithia, FLJune 19, 2013
Sweetbay is a decent grocery store with decent wages. If you work hard they treat you alright.
Exciting experiences, every day.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 3, 2013
Pros: teaching younger employees
Cons: lack of organizational integrity
A typical day at Sweetbay involved dealing with customers, new and old. Also learning about new lotto tickets, games, the company's sales and how customers perceive our organization.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 23, 2013
For about one year I was a cashier. Then I was trained for the customer service counter and back office. I was not only responsible for my own cash drawer but also the lotto drawer, and the main safe. I also had to make two deposits at certain times during my shift. This job is where I really learned to be patient with the customers. My managers were – more... very supportive of me and my decisions. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with all different walks of people and listening to their stories. I also enjoyed counting the money in the cash drawers. – less
Formerly a regional director of retail operations at Sweetbay Supermarket
Regional Director of Retail Operations (Former Employee), Headquarters in Tampa, store in FloridaMay 22, 2013
Pros: great associate culture
Cons: tough competitive environment
Office 3 days per week reviewed previous day sales results by region, district and stores, speak with district managers and discuss success's and opportunities, review labor and expenses. Attended director meetings and meetings with VP of operations. Set goals.

I learned the importance of achieving budgeted targets.

Manage results and lead people

Surround – more... myself with great associates and co-workers if I want to be successful.

The amount of competition in the grocery business is what is most difficult about.

Engaging with associate and customers during store walks is what I most enjoyed. – less
overall great job
Deli/bakery associate (Former Employee), palm harbor,flMay 7, 2013
Pros: great work staff
Cons: the business was cutting hours
I loved helping customers daily. the management was almost always there to help you.

About Sweetbay Supermarket

Sweetbay Supermarket is searching for the sweet spot in the Florida grocery market. Number three in the market (behind market – Read more