Sweetbay Supermarket

Sweetbay Supermarket Employee Reviews

Good job, poor career
Stock Crew Leader (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Good company.Hard to move up in the company. Mediocre benefits.
Productive, Team Work,
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: opportunity of growing
It a very good place to work, organize, team work, respect for people, special attention with the customers, opportunity to grow,
fun productive customer service driven environment
Retail Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: nights weekend and holidays
huddles/ meetings
training
retail sales
inventory

corner stone of the community, great environment, room for growth and advancement

hardest part of the job was working nights till 11pm or 12am, holidays and weekends
sweetbay
Deli/Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Lithia, FLJanuary 23, 2014
overall a good job for someone who was in highschool. had alot of duties.
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2014
i enjoyed my time working there in different positions. fun environment. opportunities of growth
Good place to start in the retail business
Center Store Associate (Current Employee), Naples, FLJanuary 8, 2014
I have worked for sweetbay for 4 years. I enjoyed my time here. They are very flexible whenever i need time off. The employees are nice everywhere I go (ive worked at 4 stores). Management is very hands on.
what i learned
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLDecember 22, 2013
I learn how use register ,most enjoyable part of job, when they need me
It is a decent place to work, with very flexible hours. Management could do better though.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good atmosphere
Cons: forgetful management.
I enjoy the people i work with and the overall feel around me, but my managers forget my breaks on a daily basis.
great culture; company being acquired
Corporate Communications Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FlNovember 14, 2013
Great company, however, company is being acquired by regional grocer.
A positive environment, a store that strive hard to excel in customer satisfaction
Produce Associate / Customer Service (Current Employee), Valrico, FLNovember 7, 2013
I was an associate in the produce department who is in charge of receiving deliveries and stocking into their designated shelves. On busy days, I helped the cashiers bag groceries and stock the freezer. I get along well with everyone I work with and vice versa. I enjoyed helping customers. The hardest part of the job is missing dinner with family on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas and having very little pay and no room for advancement. However, the company was very accommodating with my schedule when I was attending school and that helped a lot.
A great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Venice, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
I really loved working at my store, we had great customers and the employees and managers got along well. This job taught me a lot about retail, and how to interact with customers in a positive way.
Sweetbay has been a very good company to work for.
District Manager (Current Employee), Venice , Fort Myers, Naples FLOctober 30, 2013
Sweetbay has been a very good company to work for, however, Sweetbay is current under a purchase agreement by Bi-Lo Holdings and will soon be retired as a DG Banner.
It's a Job
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 25, 2013
If you need a job, they are always hiring, it's quick money and you get paid every week, but the company was just bought by bi-lo so they will become Winn-Dixie sometime between January and March 2014.
A/C & REFRIGERATION TECH
Stocker (Former Employee), Riverview, FLSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
 AUTOMATION OF COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION EQUIPMENT. Introduction / Installation manually controlled cooling, cooling installation thermostatic expansion valve and air cooled condenser / cooling installation oil separator and heat exchanger.
Complete refrigeration cold room temperatures above freezing / cooling installation centralized cold storage temperatures above freezing / cooling installation showcase presentation of frozen products.
 TROUBLE SHOOTING. Introduction / Diagnosis of the refrigerant / coolant leak location / replacement and / or removal of coolant / pressure temperature table / Electrical testing / repair diagram.
Fun place to work at.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Ft. Myers FLSeptember 18, 2013
Fast paced environment where you have to be able to quickly adapt to the different needs of customers. Management is involved and maintains an upbeat and fun work environment.
Good Place to work,
Store Manager (Current Employee), The Villages, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good benefits,401k plan for FT ,Great co-workers,can be long days for managers, after all it is retail!!
Liqour Manager
Liquor Manager (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLAugust 18, 2013
I enjoyed my time with Sweetbay. They gave me a chance to succeed. I trained the associates in the liquor store to provide excellent customer service and maintain store conditions.
An interesting experience that I have enjoyed.
Marketing (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2013
Sweetbay has a good culture that is supportive. Sweetbay has recently been sold. The employees are currently waiting to see if they will be employed by the new company so things are a bit tense.
Fun place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: meeting new culture people
Cons: dealing with alot of unhappy customers no matter what you do to make sure they leave happy
Its a wonderful place, calming and the work day wasn't over run or stressful, Meeting alot of new people and knowing and learning different things each day was an enjoyable experiemence
Retail day in the life.
CSM (Former Employee), Citrus CountyAugust 12, 2013
Pros: learning from other associates
Cons: job security
Was always interesting never knew what you'd be walking into for a day of work. I learned communication is the most important thing in any job if you want it to be successful. Co-workers were more like a friend or family always tried to help them with any problems they may have had work wise. The part I enjoyed the most was helping other associates or customers with anything and finding solutions.

About Sweetbay Supermarket

Sweetbay Supermarket is searching for the sweet spot in the Florida grocery market. Number three in the market (behind market – Read more

Sweetbay Supermarket Salaries