Sweetbay Supermarket Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 7, 2015
The days were long and tiring. I learned how to act here actually; with friends I'm sarcastic and sassy, but when interacting with strangers now I'm the most polite person they've ever met. The management was nice but I think one of my shift managers had a grudge against me. My co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job is the emotional toll from having to force being friendly with even the rudest customers, while the most enjoyable part of the job were the few friends I made there.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Random ("flexible") hours
Simple job
Bakery associate (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 12, 2015
Very easy job, because there were barely any customers.

Packaged and labeled bread, fried food in deep frying, unloaded truck, helped customers.

Management cared for their employees is what it looked like.

Coworkers were ok, we got along to an extent.

Hardest part of the job was unloading the truck.
Office Assistant/Service Leader
Service Leader / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 15, 2015
change orders, bookkeeping, western union, deposits, lotto, cashiering, counting tills, making tills, setting up breaks, and assisting customers over the phone.
Not in business anymore
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2015
The Tampa location I worked at treated me really well. Gave me the developmental skills I needed to fulfill my duties as an associate. I transferred to Sarasota and the management team was less than accommodating.
what I've learned
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 30, 2015
What I learned working at Sweetbay Supermarket were customer service skills. These skills built the basis for my work ethic. A customer can come in and completely change your day, however you have to cheerfully move on to the next customers concern. and During my time there, I was able to progress through the company. I Started as a bagger, and was given a nod towards a managerial position when I left for the military.
Easy Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2015
This place is a great place to work if you are in college. They have flexible hours and a great management team. Not a long term position
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
summary
Deli Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2015
we had a lot off fun while enjoying work. it was always a happy atmosphere. the customers were like family. mostly everyone got alone.
Pros
happy days
Cons
no full time positions
Customer service and friendly enviroment
Assistant produce manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLMay 6, 2015
Sweetbay supermarket was my first job. I loved working in the produce department. I had fun, i loved helping people with my knowledge of produce. To the great benefits of a yearly bonus of the store profits and lunch breaks with good friends. I miss sweet bay supermarket and it is a shame they went out of business here in Florida.
Benefits
Cons
Commucation between managment departments
very productive and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 9, 2015
Job enviroment was very up beat fast paced the time went by very quickly that was a plus it was very hard to move up with this company . would like to be recongnized more .
Pros
time moved quickly fast paced always something to do
Cons
short shifts only part time
ver y good company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2015
it was my duty to check customers out of the store and make sure they had a great shopping experience.although we were bought out by bi-lo and plenty of people lost their jobs
workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 12, 2015
average day,i've learned alot in the past 5 years,management was good, got along with my co-workers, i didn't really have a toughest day except for when we had no power, everything was enjoyable, would still be there if i didn't decide to move
Pros
a lot of up, great hours and great people
Cons
benefits, pay
Excellent Experience in Retail Business
Evening Sales Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLOctober 20, 2014
Operational duties included the overall Floor Management Production of manufacturing security closures, staff scheduling, employee training, inventory control, warehousing and shipping.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FloridaOctober 3, 2014
Sweetbay was a great learning experience for me. With my position dealing with customer service, I was able to expand my communication skills and defuse situations in the workplace. The hardest part of this job was closing up the store and maintaining the safe money in a timely and effective manner. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to communicate with customers and staff in a friendly, productive way.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working for Sweetbay. The different types of clientele were always a way to make the day go by.
Csm
Customer Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port RicheySeptember 18, 2014
I held many positions within Sweetbay. I started as a cashier then moved up to the office. From there I became a bookkeeper, liquor manager and then a Customer Service Manager.
Ok place to work even though I got release when I was 6 months pregnant.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2014
If you are trying to support a family on this income it will be extremely hard based on the time and scheduleing.
It's Winn DIxie now
Cahier/Kiosk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 11, 2014
Relaxed environment with great co-workers and management. helped me improve customer service skills.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
No longer open for business
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 5, 2014
Sweetbay, formerly known as Kash N Karry, was a great place to work. I worked there from 2000 to present, as it was bought twice during my career there.
Pros
Great management
Cons
No job security
Na
service clerk (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FlJuly 26, 2014
It was boring.

I am not going to be a bag boy again, i can do other jobs that would be appealing.
i loved this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2014
Sweet bay was a great job.you always had a great day and it was always nice and clean.