Sweetbay Employee Reviews

Was a very nice and clean working environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people there. I was given many different opportunities to work in a variety of areas, which I appreciated. I was saddened when they closed the location.
Pros
learned a lot
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 9, 2017
• In depth knowledge of payment methods and customer identification
• Developed prompt and efficient customer service
• Performed cashier, bagger, and other duties as assigned
While working at Sweetbay I gained alot of knowledge about the way a grocery store functions and also how to show great customer service. I started out as a Sales Associate then I was trained in the office and also worked in the pharmacy. The workplace culture was all about customer service people want to come where they feel wanted. The hardest part about the job is dealing with customers who take their anger out on you. I would say my most memorable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers and their families.
I enjoyed my whole experience working here
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed my whole experience working here the many years I was a part of the team. I learned many things while working at this company. My store manager was best.
Pros
Always made a big deal of all holidays at store
I loved working as the office assistant and at the customer service desk
Office assistant / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 23, 2016
It was a good work environment. I liked all the things I had to do. I learned a lot from this job as well as new things I had not done before. I also were able to assist customers with anything they needed. Everyday I did western union, money grams and lottery. I had to do a safe count, lottery count, cash and check deposits, count tilts and then make them to have them ready for the next shift. My favorite part of every job is interacting with customers and being able to help them. What I least liked a bout this job is the way I was treated by a couple younger co workers and how it was noticeable and the head boss even came to me and said he would take care of it I would not have to worry a bout it anymore and he never did take care of it....
Pros
did get a lunch break
Cons
n/a
Decent grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Checkout customers, speedy checkout, and cleaning. I learned nothing. Management was not very understanding of any personal issues. Coworkers were great very helpful.
Fun store that was purchased by bi-lo
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJanuary 18, 2016
sweetbay was a great place to work . the management was spot on at store level , and a great relationship with our customers . I miss this company a lot.
Pros
atmosphere, people, and fun work.
Cons
closed down because Bi-Lo purchased them .
Theres a reason they're gone
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLOctober 27, 2015
Was not the best place to work, over expected from the employees and under paid horribly for the type of work they expected out of everyone.
Amazing Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 14, 2015
I loved worked there and would love to go back, I had so much fun there with all the employees and managers. I was always smiling and laughing with the customers.
Pros
Employees care about each other
Company was sold to a holding company
asst deli manager (Former Employee) –  seminole,flJuly 20, 2015
This job was a busy hard working job. I was an assistant deli manager. The managers I worked with were very good managers.
But as stated the company sold to a holding company and things went down hill from there.
Pros
advancement
Cons
very miss managed
A strong learning experience, but limited room for progression.
Overnight Stock (Current Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJune 19, 2015
At the age of 17, January 1st, I got my second real job working for Sweetbay. It was great. I was getting paid, I was helping people, and I was getting decent exercise pushing carts and running around, looking forward to seeing my $7.25 an hour add up at the end of the week. It was awesome. My work was so good, I got moved to working on a register, and by age 18, I was working as part of the Frozen Stock Crew. Life was good. Fast forward 4 years later, and Im at $8.00 an hour working in the Customer Service Center, occasionally leading the front end. Here's where the bad comes in. Although I have experience in many different departments of the store, my "official position" is "Front End Cashier." And as such, even when I work stock, my paycheck reflects working in the front of the store. 17 year old me wouldn't have minded, but 21 adult trying-to-get-off-the-ground me is beginning to see how the company holds back on their employees, disappointed at a lack of true progression and extremely limited full-time options. Now, at age 25, 7 years after my hiring date, I've had experience in working as a Customer Service Leader, and am currently working as Overnight Stock at $9.85.

Over all, I'd say its a great first job as a kid when you're getting your feet in the working field, but its a job where, with part time hours and part time benefits, it's impossible to support yourself as an adult. Especially where "true progression" took 5-6 years to see.
Pros
30 minute lunch and 15 minute break, Getting to know customers.
Cons
Part time pay, part time hours, part time benefits, limited actual progression
educating
Cashier/ Bagger (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2015
I got to learn the true meaning of having a job. Given the fact it was my first job. I learned the value of being responsible
My externship
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 27, 2015
My externship was incredible. I love being in Sweetbay. Everybody was so helpful and positive while i was there doing my externship.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 27, 2015
Very kind people to work with. Management was really caring people. The store was clean and a great place to shop at. Never had complaints about them. I enjoyed working with the co workers because they helped out with whatever you need.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMarch 25, 2015
Typical day at work was hectic but went very well. Learned new things day by day. Loved helping customers and making them smile.
Pros
Good coworkers and fellow employees
Cons
Didn't like the hours being different week to week.
Great customer service
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  St. PeteFebruary 4, 2015
Everyday would consist of restocking and rotating all deli products. Greeting every customer with a warm an friendly smile and a "hello, how may I help?" Everyday was always productive and very consistant because there was order. Enjoyed meeting new and differant customers everyday.
Loved the fast pace while working
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I love working in a fast pace environment where everybody enjoys working. I had never worked a job that I had to travel, I enjoyed that aspect of the job.It pumped me up to a different level of excitement. we had a good working crew for the ten years I was there. The owners and management were great, everybody worked at the same pace. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was having good fun loving people around me.
Pros
Living 1 mile from work
Cons
Great benefits and healthcare
high pace place to work
Forklift certified/Ride along pallet jack operator (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLNovember 11, 2014
Hard work keeps you in shape, depending on the amount of work will give you your length of day, you don't leave until the work is done
I recieved a paycheck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 9, 2014
I would slice deli meats and cheeses for customers. I would make sub sandwiches upon customers request. I would order product, make schedules. The store manager was a nice person. Most of the co-workers were productive and willing to help out when needed.
Pros
great local clients and feel
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 29, 2014
No choice of leaving, company sold , pharmacy CLOSED. I liked the old neighborhood atmosphere and trust i received while working there. Did a great job with increased RX volume, increased RX sales and 100% reduction in patient complaints and negative communication.This door has closed but a new door will be opening and i can't wait to get started!
sweetbay
Stock person,cashier,bookeeper,pricing person (Former Employee) –  tampa flSeptember 9, 2014
i would check customers out at the register there would be times that i would stock shelves. basic i was a all round train in everything in sweetbay as a deli person, cashier pricing person bakery book kepper , receiver checking in vendors. . there wasn't anything hard to this company i have learned a lot and with this experience i have i hope that i can bring to the next company i work for .
Pros
there is none
Cons
there is none