Sweetgreen Employee Reviews

neutral
Team Member/HR (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I love this company. considering i moved up so fast and felt at home everyday I was there. i would have done anything for them really but had to many problems with GM and i feel like a lot of people there have power struggles that really affect the working environment. to much competition no enough compassion.
Pros
working environment, customers, a lot more.
Cons
GMs, power struggles.
It was fun making salads.
member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
It was fun because I like working at a fast pace. I will say power does go to a persons head. Those who are supervisors or managers think they are so much better than you. You should not feel afraid in a workplace.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and long days.
horrible management
Food/ Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Sweetgreen employs all employees as at will and changes schedules for workers without a notice. The company caters to spanish speaking workers. The spanish speaking workers always get to work in thr back and force english speakers to work the front because of language barriers.
1 N. Dearborn location
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2018
Management SUCKS. They take 50 smoke breaks per shift, show favortism, etc. You have to practically beg for hours & a full shift for team members is no more than 6 hours. There's literally only one rush during the day which is lunch, the rest of the shift is slow & drags. The work is simple tough. You have to learn the menu & be able to move quickly. Keeping your work station clean at all times is a must. It's perfect if you're just looking for a little pocket money. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend this as a main job to any one with major responsibilities to take care of.
Pros
1 free salad per shift
Cons
Poor Management, No hours
competitive
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 25, 2018
horrible experience managers are rude

learned the seasonal salads

a typical day at work would be about 400 customers

hardest part was memorizing each salad ingredient
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
not a good job
Cashier/Line Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
managers have bad attitudes they do not train you but expect you to know everything the next day this is just a very bad job and they also hiring anyone to then fire them 2 weeks later.
SweetGreen
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2018
SweetGreen is a veery fast paced company who has standards and sticks by those standards, sweetgreen is a very fast growing company so a lot of things are being flipped constantly, however sweetgreen is a good company to work for a gain experience for fast paced working and scratch cooking.
Pros
Healthy lunches, Growth
Cons
Unorganized, Overworked
Sweetgreen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Sweetgreen is a salad bar . It’s skills is to help other people manage their calories and become more healthy with having a flavor to it as well . At sweetgreen we have many different varieties such as different types of meat from organic to non organic , we have non dairy and dairy salad dressing . We also have different types of drinks like sparkling and juices .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
15 minute breaks
productive, fast paced environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 8, 2018
It's usually a stressful day at work, unless I am accompanied by a great staff.
I learned how to operate a business, and the importance of growing and developing people.
Pros
free meals, changing lives, impacting people on growth and development
Cons
healthcare, low pay rates
Clean healthy happy place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 23, 2017
A fun happy, friendly place to work. Always good people and costant good converstations. People always were kind and issues were dealt with kindly by manager.
Fun caring face pace
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 18, 2017
My 2 years with sweetgreen was a delight the culture the people a great company to work for from the workers to the customers the company allows you to grow and to be who you are
Competative
Shift Lead (Team Captain) (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 11, 2017
A very stressful place to work. Too much drama. Workers are sometimes under the influence. Everyone fights for a higher spot. Management constantly changing. No fair pay.
Pros
Free salads. 50% disccount when not at work. Easy tasks
Cons
Too much drama
Very fun and team oriented with friendly customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
They normally don’t have you working one job. Maybe you have to do cold prep because someone decided to call in sick. It’s very flexible and open. They take care of their workers.
Pros
Free lunch, WiFi and charger ports
Cons
Short breaks, moody co workers
Worse employer I have ever worked for!
Porter (Former Employee) –  32 Ganservoort StreetDecember 8, 2017
Very Poor Management! Very nasty and dirty! Do not peform food and health safety guildlines! Failure to place correct inventory. Very basis and anti social. Poor communication skills!
Great place to Work.
Line Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 5, 2017
I love SweetGreen. I would recommend working there to everyone. its a wonderful place to work and so much fun! The work is not hard. There are times when it is extremely busy but, the teamwork there is amazing! Everyone seems to come together as one and the jobs get done and the customers are happy when they leave which is our main goal as a company.
keeping the employees happy and our guest happy is what we strive for at all times.
Pros
everything
Cons
Bad managment decision making.
Productive fast paced stressful
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 2, 2017
Nice environment gotta be fast paced ok job manager was nice co workers were competitive some were nice worked overtime didn’t have many days I would go visit
Pros
Discount on lunches not free
Cons
Short breaks
smooth
Cashier/ Chopper/ Prep Team (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed everything about sweet green. All my co-workers were fun and helpful. the food was heath and amazing. The environment itself was full of different kinds of culture.
love the food culture
NSO Trainer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DCNovember 30, 2017
They truly believe in serving local and fresh. Though management seems to be all over the place. No communication between store leaders and area leaders
Pros
Healthy food
Cons
super busy
You learn a lot of culture and to be transparent
Line Lead/ Team Captain/Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2017
I enjoyed growing a lot at sweetgreen because there is nothing to hide. People feel the love and honesty. They don't care to make long line to get a fresh and clean salad or warm bowl. I mature a lot at this company. I don't intent to leave but it is my time to fly somewhere else. I love to work at sweetgreen
Pros
Free Lunch and opportunity to be someone
Cons
Hours
Fun workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  71stNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here, the customers was very nice and had great attitudes. I loved making the salads it was fun and I learned a lot. A typical day starts off calm you get about a few customers with simple salads. My location was surrounded by hospitals so I learned a lot about my desired job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sweetgreen. Our community is ready to answer.