Sweetser

Sweetser Employer Reviews

Good people, solid mission, excellent supervisor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saco, MEJuly 16, 2014
I have worked in many places. Sweetser has a strong commitment to its mission and to the well-being of its staff. I feel appreciated and supported in my work.
Third Shift
Youth and Family Counselor (Former Employee), Saco, MEMay 15, 2014
It was pretty easy, the kids are all really sweet. The hours sucked but I was relief so I wasn't always guaranteed hours.
Top heavy organization
Residential (Former Employee), MaineMay 8, 2014
Pros: helping kids
Cons: arrogant managers
Direct support people are fresh meat. They restructure often and lay people off. Human Resources lies.
Sweetser's cause and intentions are good and honorable
Youth and Family (Former Employee), Saco, MEDecember 28, 2013
I value working with the population within Sweetser and that I was able to be a value to the people; both children and adults.
WAS a good company but now it's all about friends and family
YFC (Former Employee), Saco, MEApril 17, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no chance for advancement, raises few and far between again doesn't matter how well you do your job.
If you know someone or are related to someone at Sweetser this will be an easy place to get into and a great place for advancement. Most of your co-workers are great people. Management is no help in a crisis. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job you won't advance if you don't have a friend or you are the only one to apply for the position. – more... Sweetser often hires people that are not qualified for the position they are hired for. – less
family politics with no opportunity for advancement
Ed Tech (Former Employee), Saco, MEJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: great hours, holidays off, job security
Cons: family politics, terrible management, little support
Little to no support from management. Family run business with plenty of advancement opportunities IF you are related in one way or another to management/leadership. If you are looking for career advancement this is not the place for you. Job security is great as there is not much that will get you fired- many have actively tried to no avail.
Rural Areas Are Tough for Sweetser to Provide Full-Spectrum Services
Children's Case Manager (Former Employee), Wilton, MESeptember 17, 2012
Pros: independent working environment, make your own schedule
Cons: affordable health care, gross company politics
Unfortunately, Sweetser does best at its home base in Saco, and other big city hub, Brunswick. They offered little to no support on marketing our county, and refused to allow employees to market areas that were considered out of reach by typical consumers. Because of this, they are no longer going to service the area, as there were limited referrals – more... being made; Sweetser was competing with other organizations in the area.

Had Sweetser had a reliable psychiatrist, therapist and in-home support services available, they would have been able to keep their office doors open in this community. – less
A good opportunity to learn about yourself and others
Youth & Family Counselor I (Former Employee), Saco, MEAugust 5, 2012
Pros: fun staff, fun kids
Cons: no breaks, worked holidays
This was a great job that allowed me to learn about myself as a person as well as how I related to others in terms of working with them.
Youth and familys councler
Youth and Families Counselor (Former Employee), Saco, MEMarch 30, 2012
helping kids learn how to handle to real world. Helping state funded kids to learn how to live on there own.